logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
4. (37 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
5. (44 mins ago)
Signal Oil & Gas
False representations/payment default

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Westlake Financial Services, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - CAR FINANCE COMPANY FRAUD

Westlake Financial Services Contacts & Informations

Westlake Financial Services

Posted:    Shalaila

CAR FINANCE COMPANY FRAUD

WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES
4751 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90010
Los Angeles, California
Phone: 323-692-8881
This company is quite crass and unprofessional. I've been doing poor business with them since 2004 and have regretted it since...
Now I keep track of all my bills each and every month: they are 1st written out, next to the amount due, then followed by the "DUE DATE". When the bill has been paid, it is noted, along with the date paid in red ink- every bill is written out the EXACT same way. So ofcourse I find it hard to believe that I have over $200 in LATE FEES that I have no recollection about whatsoever! In 2007 I fell upon economic hardship and was unable to make a payment in July; Because of that I double my payment the very next month. Later in 2007 I received a call stating that I was given a "one-time" chance to pay up any LATE FEES and get myself caught up. I thought about it, and jumped at the opportunity. Now in January 2008 I relocated from LA to Georgia, when they found out that I no longer resided in LA county they threatened to REPO my car if I didn't disclose my new address to them. Then suddenly added some FEES for what they called "LATE FEES" namimg dates I had paid late from 2005 (but paid late fees for back then) and for leaving the state without their permission. They even began calling my listed references and old employer(what they had on file) asking my whereabouts and telling them that I "am behind on car payments and am hiding my car so that is does not get repossessed"... What? Shortly after that I decided I had enough and signed up for online banking(to ensure they received their payments on time) AND started asking for and noting my PAYOFF BALANCE each month. It is now Novemver, according to my calculations this month is my last car note, so if comes as a total surprise to me when they tell me my PAYOFF BALANCE is $1000 more than what it should be. And what was their main defense?... According to Westlake I am 1 whole month behind due to a missed payment in July 2007 and I have a REPO fee on my account. I wonder how is that when my car was NEVER repo'd or out of MY possession not 1 time!? These people are ridiculous and I've decided to find as much as I can about then becuz they are well in breach of their LEGAL rights. And I believe a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT in well overdue...
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Jenn157 +1 Votes
They have basically done the same to me and even went behind my back and refinanaced my loan that I had down to $9000, it is now $12, 350, after they told me they would give me a deferment. What kind of crap is that?? Well, anyhow I am checking into filing a class action lawsuit against. If you would like to join me please let me know.

Jennifer Livingston
Indiana, PA
cherokee15701us2001@yahoo.com
 23rd of May, 2009 by   RTDH 0 Votes
I am having a problem too! I lost my job a few months ago and knew I was not going to be able to get my payments together. I called Westlake and told them I would like to give my vehicle up and they told me that they do not do voluntary repossessions and that it could take up to 2 years for them to repossess the vehicle. Ever since I have received numerous phone calls from Westlake threatening legal actions. I told them to stop the harassment and come pick up their vehicle and they said, "Do you even know the definition of harassment?" Another phone call I received they had told me it would be in my best interest to make a payment and stop being so childish and pay. On both of those calls, I hung up, I am an adult, I tried to make it right, by giving up my vehicle in the beginning and they refused and now all they do is harass me, family, and my friends. I even have people calling me that I never gave for a reference asking me what is going on. How they got other peoples phone numbers is beyond me. Isn't there something about Third Party Disclosure that they are in violation of?! I think so! How come almost all my references and some know about me owing money on my vehicle? Never again will I deal with Westlake and I can not wait until the day all this over!!!

ryantara85@gmail.com
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   Vmorale4 +1 Votes
Well i live in Orlando FL, and this company repo my car this morning. I have never deal or even heard of this company's name before this morning. I bought my car cash from a auction. When i call the police they informed me of West Lakes number, but they never pick up my calls.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   JESME3 0 Votes
I HAD MY TRUCK REPOED AS WELL FROM THEM, I WAS ACTUALLY GLAD AS THE DAMN THING WAS NEADING MUCH TRANSMISSION WORK. THEY CALLED AND HARRASSED MY NEIGHBORS THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW AND SAYING I HAD THEM DOWN AS REFERENCESS. WHAT?? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THERE NAMES. IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING HAVING COUNTLESS PEOPLE KNOCKING ON MY DOOR SAYING THAT "WESTLAKES FINANCIAL" CALLED AND THAT THEY ARE GOING TO REPO MY TRUCK. OKAY SO I MESSED UP AND COULDNT PAY BUT THAT DOES NOT GIVE THEM RIGHTS TO DO THIS. NOW THEY SOLD THE TRUCK FOR 8000 I PUT 4000 DOWN PAYMENT MADE 500 A MONTH PAYMENTS FOR 9 MONTHS THE LOAN WAS FOR 18000 AND I STILL OWE 9000??? HMMM???
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   spearchucker 0 Votes
Westlake only finances sub prime- meaning ghetto monkey bad credit retards. What did you expect? Get a real job and go buy your Escalade with a bank loan.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Jason62 0 Votes
@spearchucker, that's a typical response by a Westlake rep, no need to further discuss your post.
If WLF discloses your info and payment history to a 3rd party they are in violation of the FDCPA.
If they represent themselves as officers of the law they are violating the FDCPA and local law.
If they threaten a minor to extract info or in that regard anyone, they are in violation of the FDCPA and local laws.
They can sell your contract but they cannot add or increase your payment, late fees sure they can add those but this is not a mortgage like an ARM.
If you have people following you around like an other poster stated, call the police and I assure you that they will think twice following you again.
There are enough lawyers out their willing to sue these predators and you collect $1000 per incident if the FDCPA was violated, if you can't find an attorney then your nearest legal aid office can assist you.
 2nd of Oct, 2011 by   beyondtired 0 Votes
Everyone contact your attorney general and the BBB on West Lake Financial Services. We need to put alert on this company not only are they scams but the dealerships are as well i am going through a deep process on bringing this company down they are hurting families..
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   stopcarfraud 0 Votes
hi

i am filing a lawsuit against this company here is what creditors can not do

1. call you before 8 am or after 9 pm
2. discuss your financial situation with anyone but you or call your contacts
3. contact your place of business if you tell them not to
4. threaten you in any way to pay our debt
5. use abusive language

Car Repo

If your car is in a closed garage in most states they cannot touch it
they cannot take your car if you have posession of it, so lets say you are driving and they try to stop you or chase you
Cannot repo the car if they do not use peaceful means which means no abusive language, no aggressive behaviour etc

please contact me at clarionla@aol.com to talk about coming on board. I am determined to make sure westlake financial, the hankey group and wilshire consumer credit are shut down.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   lj196 0 Votes
westlake financial told me my car sold at auction for 2000 more than what i owed so they were going to send me a check for the remaining balance but i had to send them a payment of auction fees before they can send me a check so being young a naive i sent them the fees and called them back to tell them it was sent and the number was disconnected now after 9 years of not hearing anything from them they are garnising my wages
 5th of Mar, 2013 by   radar45 0 Votes
We aren't Getto Monkey's. I am a retired Navy Chief W/O and I bought a car for my daughter. I can make payments but to be on the safe side we are going to a Credit Union that I deal with for years. I am Not going to let them give me any guff and play their games.
I called them and they told me that the only people that complain are those that can't really pay or never had the intentions to make their payments on time. So if I were you people I would look for a good credt Union.

radar45
 1st of May, 2013 by   Naffyrules 0 Votes
I do respect all their thoughts and opinion but in the very first they should not be late on any payments, right? Companies have different types of policies and that is written in their contract. I think they should read and analyze first the contract before they sign it.
 17th of Oct, 2013 by   ErinSam 0 Votes
Westlake has been impossible. My husband owned his truck with an old girlfriend. When we married and he took over the truck the completely they refused to allow his name to solely be on the loan. His ex girlfriend is a drug addict and refuses to sign any paperwork for him without him giving her money to do so for her drugs. She has even been arrested for her part in drug dealing. We offered this information to westlake and they simply didn't care. His ex did tons of damage to the truck while they were together and during the process of their break up. Dents, dings, etc. The made an agreement that she would make a payment towards the vehicle and she did. Several months later she decided to take the payment back and westlake reversed the payment and didn't tell my husband until months later when he fell behind a payment and they told him he was two payments behind. He was confused and they explained her reversed payment. Here we are several month later and he fell behind again but westlake was also supposed to contact motor vehicle and put his name first on the loan and title so he can receive his registration. (the ex won't give it to him) So repo shows up today and my husband tells him to leave our property and he refuses. He argues with my husband and keeps putting his vehicle up to my husbands telling us he is taking it no matter what. My husband stands between the two vehicles and tells him he knows the laws and westlake has not kept up their end. The man tells us he does not care. After about 10-15 mins the guy realizes we are not backing down and he decides to pull away. He sees that my husband is still between the vehicles and he pulls out of my driveway really fast injuring my husband. Ambulance has to be called, cops come and off to the hospital my husband goes. Nobody wants to default payments...things happen. We are victims of hurricane sandy and lost a lot. It's a slow process but we are getting back on our feet. This company could care less. We have read so many horrible things about them. Even from people that have paid off their vehicles and still get repoed or the company holds their title anyway. It's all about how a company runs their business and they run it like CRAP!!!
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   Jt327 0 Votes
westlake is nothing but a scam all they do is take advantage on people with no credit or bad credit i paid my car loan a few days late after i paid it a week later they came and repo my car i was up to date with all payments i contacted a lawyer and i will be suing for a illegal repossession i called the bank and they said my car has been sold and i can't get refund smh

Credit Card Skimming + ATM and Debit Skimming