logo

Total Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Westgate Travel Club, Las Vegas, Nevada Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive Dealings

Westgate Travel Club Contacts & Informations

Westgate Travel Club

Posted:    Westgate Loser...

Deceptive Dealings

Westgate Travel Club
Las Vegas, Nevada
westgatetravelclub.com
Was invited to take a tour of this discount travel club. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!! It is a part of the infamous WESTGATE RESORTS scam selling organization!! Check them out on Google or the BBB! Thousands of unresoved complaints and an F rating across the board! Do yourself and favor and run like Forrest Gump from anything you are ever offered from Westgate anywhere but especially in Las Vegas. They are higly deceptive and outright liars. They seem to have no shame, and also appear to be in dire financial straits from all the public info available with the fire sale of assets currentl being offered through auction. BEWARE...OF THE WESTGATE SCAM!
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2011 by   wuntunmein88 0 Votes
can the o.p. please expand on how they were deceived, especially about Las Vegas experience. I recently purchased WG resorts, and still have time to get out.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   Ravanna 50 -2 Votes
Westgate Travel Clubs duped me and I lost my money on this scam. After returning from Vegas I checked out the service to find all these complaints and 2 days past my time to rescind my contract...I feel so stupid and I'm a retired school teacher who was only trying to fulfill my dream of more travel. The reports and posts state that you can never get the get prices on rooms and when you call they say you should have booked in April for Sept. etc... Now I'm in debt on my credit card by paying for NOTHING.
Joy
 24th of Nov, 2011 by   Savoury -1 Votes
This is a travel scam. I recommend all travellers to stay away. We purchased it and was told we had 3 days to change our mind. We returned the follow day and was told there was nothing they could do and we had to contact Florida. We sent a letter to Florida and was told we didn't include the correct wording. They would not refund any money paid but would cancel our account. So we lost our $2000.00 deposit for nothing.
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   Dave Taniguchi 0 Votes
We went to the presentation in Vegas and joined the club. When we got home I read the fine print. There was a clause which I didnt like stating that they have the right to cancel our membership in 2014. I called Florida and the person said they will ammend the contract. I called the person we dealt with in Vegas and he said to cancel the contract prior to 3 days, as per contract, which we did. Florida later sent an ammendment where they removed the clause. I decided to go ahead and cancel my contract after reading this site and the complaints. They credited my Mastercard that day. They charged me a small fee, which was stated in the contract. I don't know the details of other people's cpmplaints but I think most of the problems could have been avoided had they read the "fine print" My only concern is they don't have enough resorts to accommodate all their members. In other words when you want a room there is nothing available. Is there any happy members out there who could post their comments. I'm starting to have second thoughts about cancelling.
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   slg81 +1 Votes
Purchased Westgate Travel Club in April of 2011. We stayed at Westgate Flamingo Bay in Las Vegas December 2011. The property was beautifully maintained and the service was very friendly. We also used Westgate Cruise and Travel to book our airfare with the customer service representative over the phone. The service was excellent. We have booked a cruise for the Carribean for June of this year and recieved an additional $500 off of our cruise using our travel credits. I also have read many of the complaints about Westgate, but they all seem to be from people who took timeshare tours and weren't happy with the way they were treated. This was definitely not my wife and I's experience with the staff of the Travel Club in Las Vegas.
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   Our happy family 0 Votes
We purchased a room at the Westgate in Park City in 2006. We love how close it is to your home and can go "get away" any time we want using the extra rental night. We have 4 kids that are all getting older now and we have all loved going there for our family vacations. There is always so much to do and they keep it well maintained. Every time we go we are treated like STARS. We love it. I want to become life time members of the ICE program they have but my husband has some reservations because we purchased and travel membership through Great Escapes and got screwed. We have paid off the membership but cant use it for the places and times we want to go. Please if there is any more comments from people who have used it please post. Thank you.
 4th of Apr, 2013 by   Disappointed 2178 +1 Votes
My husband and I purchased the travel club package in July 12. So far we have not been able to get any of the dates we want because they are booked. We were told to contact Leisure Time Passport and Westgate Travel and cruise for accommodations because they may have something available in their inventory. We'll needless to say they did not have anything for westgate properties but they have availability at other properties. But what they don't tell you is you can not get your week through the other agencies for $500 because your are not staying at a westgate property...so right now we are stuck making these monthly payments and not able to use our weeks.
 4th of May, 2013 by   dyva 0 Votes
I have just recently purchased a membership and I am still in the process of pain my feelings I just want to get some feedback in to see if I should cancel the rest of my payments I'm a single parent with two teenagers and I don't have money to spare so please give me feedback
 26th of May, 2013 by   strader2 0 Votes
We have been west gate members since 2010, we book our rooms at least 30 days in advance, have had wonderful accommodations 90% of the time, the few times they weren't good was due to other guests, not west gate. and with the travel club we booked a Disney cruise for $55 a night, an unheard of price. They offer a trial period where you are not obligated to buy, if you are interested, I would try it and experience it for yourself.
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   Ddda 0 Votes
We bought our Park City membership in October of 2011. We were lied to by the sales manager who misrepresented what we bought. We were "sold" a deal for every other year for a 1 bedroom (sleeps 4), but they charged us for a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8) for every year. We didn't even consider going last year because it was our "off" year but in actuality, we could have used it last year. We were told to go through Interval International and have booked our first trip coming up in almost 2 months. I'm very leary and hope nothing goes wrong. Westgate Cruise & Travel just called and tried to sell me some sort of new membership, explaining ours expires in October. I don't understand that other membership. I think it's something you really need to understand, read the fine print, and follow your instincts. We wish we would have rescinded.
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   Blueknight22 0 Votes
I agree also. I've been a wastage owner since Oct 2004 and recently was told by West gate cruise and travel that If I was a member after paying over $ 2000.00 and receiving three weeks and a cruise for 4 day; I would save so much money. Well it's a big lie. A cruise for my wife and I would cost me port and taxes to the tune of $ 600.00 they call that a deal. Wow really. The order three weeks are wastage resorts which are not that nice. I will never buy anything that West gate sells. I can't believe this company is still in business. I' am also going to complain to the BBB and Attorney General Office of there deceptive practice.
 17th of Aug, 2013 by   DonnaTAI 0 Votes
I work for the company that literally wrote the book on timeshare cancellations. I would love to speak to anyone that desires to get out of their contracts. Our website is http://www.timesharecancellation.com . My phone number is listed. My heart goes out to you. I hear these stories daily. We are accredited by the BBB. I will gladly send anyone that contacts me a reference email so you can check us out.
Respectfully,
Donna Nolen
Timeshare Advocacy International
(877)350-7899 x 227
 17th of Mar, 2014 by   Carolina Cohen 0 Votes
I became a member of westgate cruise and travel in December 2013. I was in vacations with my husband in Orlando when you contacted us to present the program, and we were absolutely thrilled with the possibility of being part of such an incredible program with so many benefits.

We will have a holiday in Brazil in April, so we decided to use the Westgate Cruise and
Travel last week for the first time to start planning our trip.

The impression that it gave me is that we talked to two very good salesmen and that
we bought something much different than what you told us it was.

You told us that we would have a lot of opportunities of very cheap gateways, but as it
turns out there are much less options than you told us, and there is no flexibility for the check in dates at all.

After this frustration we decided not to look in the “hot weeks” anymore and already start arranging our trip for the end of the year. For our surprise, the prices are all much
higher than we thought it would be, and we found cheaper deals for the same
hotels/cruises you offer in westegate’s website on other websites. And we didn’t
even had to pay USD4, 500.00, 00 to have access to the other websites like we did
in Westgate Cruise and Travel.

I feel deceived and want my money back, or I want good deals for real and to have the
feeling that I really bought what you sold to me.
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   grammies 0 Votes
We have only had our westgate travel for about 3 weeks now. It seems they are not cheaper than other vacations. We are on a fixed income. My husband is a disabled veteran. Is there anyway, we can get out of this deal. I read later that I had three days to cancel, but they didn't tell me about it and by the time I read the small print, my time was up. Please give me advice. Thank you. Bought in Branson mo.
 29th of Apr, 2014 by   Certificate Promised 0 Votes
I purchased a timeshare at Westgate Resorts. I then purchased a membership with Westgate Cruise and Travel. As inducement to purchase I was given three certificates towards 2 resort weeks and 1 cruise. The September 2013 cruise was beautiful. In November I used a second certificate for a resort week in Florida. For my third certificate I started looking at resorts from the beginning of January until now, April 2004. Last night I finally decided on a resort. Imagine my surprise today when Westgate Cruise and Travel blocked my ability to book the certificate. I was told that I only had 2 certificates, although I have had several confirming conversations with Westgate about the 3nd certificate. My question is there anyone out there who experiences the same. It looks like they just added a bunch of international resorts. Possibly, they don't want to give those away. But a deal is a deal. I promised to pay -- and I did. Now it is time for Westgate to live up to its promise. If you experience the same write to me at PO Box 4766 Alpharetta GA 30023. I would love to bring a class action suit. Companies who don't live up to their promises deserve a spanking. Especially, when they want the owner or member to live up to theirs.
 2nd of Aug, 2014 by   Reba Musick 0 Votes
Took the offer for membership for $2, 499 to Westgate Cruise & Travel via telephone on Saturday, July 19, 2014. The offer included two 7 day stays at Westgate resorts and one 7 day cruise. We realized this was not going to work the way they sold it. Early Monday morning on July 21, (only 2 days later) I called the representative who sold it (Carrie) and she relentlessly tried to fix it so we would stay. I told her we were adamant and wanted out and would like to know what the cancellation policy was. Get this, she told me she did not know because this had never happened before. By now, I'm getting sick to my stomach. She said she would research the policy and get back to me. I did not hear back from her (they like to run the clock out until you no longer have time to cancel). That very night I called my credit card company and they were able to give me the address and policy. I had 10 days to notify them in writing. First thing Tuesday morning I sent a certified letter cancelling our subscription. They received my letter on Friday, July 25. On Saturday we received the paperwork and sure enough the cancellation policy was stated as having 10 days. However, these were NOT business days. The 10 days had begun the day we accepted the offer which meant we would only have had 2 days to get our cancellation letter (not much time on the clock). Fortunately, our credit card company had given the info and I was able to act on it.
They also advised that it be certified. Now, I am just waiting for them to refund my deposit of $199.00. (So glad we didn't put more down). It has been 5 business days already but my credit card company has advised to wait for 10 business days and then they will begin the dispute process which should be no problem because of the certified receipt. Will they honor their own policy? What do you think?
 7th of Sep, 2014 by   Dawna B 0 Votes
I have been with West gate Too long! This is the most dishonest Resort ever! I recently stayed with West gate. West gate would not let me use my week with them, I had to rent the nights! I had 15 people, were suppose to have room to sleep 4 people per room but they had me in a big room that slept 6 people per room-This is what I paid $1200 for, 3 NIGHTS!!! I had to argue with them and finally got a room that did sleep 8 people-JUST WHAT A PERSON WANTS TO DO ON THEIR VACATION. Then the couch bed pad was SPRINGS SO AGAIN I HAD TO GET WEST GATE TO REPLACE THE BED PADS ON COUNCH! WEST GATE HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, DISHONEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE!!! WEST GATE NEEDS NOT TO EXIST AS A RESORT COMPANY!!!

3 Reasons You Might Not Get a Mortgage