logo

Western Union

Posted: 2013-03-11 by    Gerhard_K

MONEY TRANSFER

WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
Western Union hides worldwide its exact store where the fraud had been done and with that deletes all possibilities for investigations of your money, . Of course the next crime that only can mean that this address is Western Union itself or US governmental sections (FBI or judicial authorities)|.In all these cases your transfer never was sent to the place you ordered it!!!..
For all victims please read the following carefully to get your money back:
Office of Attorney General Terry Goddard

WWW.AZAG.GOV
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Western Union Agrees to Warn Consumers
About Fraudulent Money Transfers
(Phoenix, Ariz. – Nov. 14, 2005) Attorney General Terry Goddard today announced an agreement with Western Union Financial Services, Inc., which will address concerns about the company’s wire transfer services by fraudulent telemarketers.
Goddard joined Attorneys General representing 46 other states and the District of
Columbia in this agreement. The accord calls for Western Union to fund an $8.1
Million national consumer awareness program, and to provide consumer warnings on the forms completed by customers using its wire transfer services. Western Union is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Data Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado. The agreement addressed the high number of “fraud-induced transfers, ” money wired by consumers to fraudulent telemarketers and other scam artists. For example, some telemarketers use a “lottery” scam, in which they tell consumers they have won a large sum of money but must pay taxes or other charges in order to claim the winnings. The victims are then directed to send the money by wire because wire transfers are fast, there are transfer agents in most communities and funds can be picked up in multiple locations.
“The warning Western Union is placing on its documents is clear and prominent, ”
Goddard said. “It will help consumers protect themselves. We need ‘third parties’ like
Western Union, and other financial institutions, including banks, to help us fight
consumer fraud.”
The problem of fraud-induced transfers is substantial. Based on a survey conducted by seven states, it was estimated that over 29 percent of Western Union transfers in
excess of $300 from the U.S. to Canada were fraud-induced, representing 58 percent of the total dollars transferred and an average of over $1500 per transfer. Total American consumer losses to Canada in the year 2002 alone were estimated at $113 million.
The agreement reached with the Attorneys General and Western Union requires:

Office of Attorney General Terry Goddard
Office of the Attorney General
Page 2
??Western Union to place prominent warnings to consumers about the dangers of
fraud-induced wire transfers. The warnings must be in English and Spanish, and
appear on a new front page of Western Union’s Send Form. Comparable warnings
are required for telephone and Web transfers.
??Western Union to pay $8.1 million over five years for national peer-counseling
programs to be overseen by the AARP Foundation and designed to reach at least
three million consumers.
??Western Union to reimburse the amount of any transfer, plus fees, to any consumer
who requests, prior to pickup, that a transfer be stopped and who reasonably claims
that the transfer was fraud-induced.
??Western Union to send monthly anti-fraud emails to its agents, revise the
company’s agent training video and manual, and provide enhanced training to
agents with elevated fraud levels at their locations.
??Western Union to terminate agents who are involved in fraud and suspend or
terminate agents who do not take reasonable steps requested by WU to reduce
fraud.
??Western Union to block wire transfers from specific consumers or to specific
recipients when Western Union receives information from a state that there is
reason to believe that fraud will occur, until such time as the consumer is counseled
on fraud and requests resumption of the transfer.
###

But do not worry: As US Governmental authorities also make money with your frauded money and how will be explaines in my next publications
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2008 by   joseph 0 Votes
I sent some money through my friend to madrid spain but unfortunately the receiver has left the company and gone to another country, my agent doesn't have any particulars of him, now western union is refushing to return the money. when we send money through western union we never check the receivers character so how can you blame the person who send the money.
So please we want the money back urgently.
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   mosimo 0 Votes
Hi there,
What is the purpose of money transfer thru Western Union? My brother sent me money from Germany thorugh Western Union and he address to my previous address in Florida since I have told to do so because I am new to New York and I don't have the ID here in new York yet, so that when I claim the money here in New York, I can show my driver's license and state ID from Florida.But it is just very crazy when I went to a Western Union agent here in New York and give my transaction number, they told me that it is out of the payout area. OMG. I was surprised why because I thought I can claim the money anywhere in the world through Western Union if I have the proper ID and all the transaction number and the senders name and the address and telephone number and answer of the question. But why YOU western Union company tell me that it is out of the payout area. For example you are stranded in New York and stay in a hotel and you run out of money and you ask your brother or sister to send you money. Would you tell your brother and sister to address the money transfer/ transaction to your hotel or to your address where you match your driver's license or state ID. Thats ridiculous service by the way.So I urged all of you not to transact to Western Union anymore.I call customer service they said that you can call the sender to change the address in New York.I tried that but he call the Western Union in Germany and said they can no longer change the address. What? It is crazy by the way.What security or privacy you all need.I was disatisfied by the way your service is serve to the people. And all you know this make sure that you call WU first before you send money to someone else. But now I don't recommend there service anymore.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   sophie281988 0 Votes
i still cant believe it! 3 days ago my mum sent me from germany 3000$ per western union ! they told her i can pick up the money 1hour later at any western union station, she also paid almost 200$ to transfer the money! then i went to a western union station the gave me a check cause the told me they dont have that much money !!! wtf???? and then i went to my bank and they wont let me cash the check! so i called western union and they told me to go to another western union and i will have no problems to cash the check! so i did that...and then they told me that the check allready been cashed!! wtf ??? i did never cashed this check! so they told me to go back to the store where i got the check from, i did that and the called western union to "fix" the problem.they told me its fixed and i could go to any western union and cash it ! i went back to the other store ... and i had to wait another hour untill they finally told me they can cash me 1 check and that would be 1000$ cause they didnt had enough money either and then i had to pay 30 $ to cash my check !!! why the f*** do i have to pay AGAIN to get MY MONEY ??????? and they told me the rest of the check i HAVE to cash at the store where i actually got my checks from ..well so again i went back to this store and told them that i have to cash it here ... and the guy told me that is not possible cause he will never have that much money ! i just went crazy and dont know what to do! i will go there again tomorrow and if they dont give me my money i will call the police omg!!! and i will never use western union to transfer money again!!! btw the address is from the store who issued me the check and his name was steven last name unknown
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   wuv2009101 0 Votes
Without any valid ID, someone picked up our money within a few hours!!! USD9000!! Their system is the weakest, their service is the worst and their staff are not reliable. The UK police and financial crime department are involving in our case, but without any assistance from western union, the investigation cannot go any further. If you are the victim too, I hope we can unite. I really appreciate that someone can give us the victims any suggestion. please contact me wuv2009101@hotmail.com
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   wuv2009101 0 Votes
ONLY ONE PERSON FROM CHINA HAVE GOT HIS MONEY BACK WITHIN 2 MONTH. I CALLED HIM JUST NOW. WE HOPE WE CAN UNITE TOGETHER GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   kirstie23 0 Votes
- Dear, Friend,

How are you today? I write to inform you that we have already sent you USD5000.00 dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of USD800, 000.00 via western union by this governemnt.

I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but you did not pick up my calls throughout that yesterday even this morning.Now,

I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up this USD6000.00 to enable us send another USD5000.00 today as you know we will be sending you only USD5000.00 per day.

Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the USD6000.00 and call me back to send you another payment today, Contact person:(Mr.Tony Uba).TEL:+229-98226826 E-mail:(w_uniontransfer@cooltoad.com) pick the $5, 000.00 USD6000.00 today.

Here is the western union information to pick up the USD6000.00;MTCN:070-812-9431 Text Question:HONEST Answer:TRUST Amount:USD5000.00 I am waiting for your call once you pick up this USD6000.00,

Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the informations.

Thanks Mr, Jude Ede,

i have 3 other emails regarding this from the same guy but with different details, i have tolda him (i know this is a scam) that i dont do western union transfer and would like to do it through paypal(then i can track his isp), his reply to that was : I was able to see mail, but it did not clarify what my mail was about. The money is for you, and it is ready for you. I do not see any reason why you should not look out for small money just to respect the requirement and get the 5000 USD.
I am sure, in life there is always sacrifices to be made, if you need to succeed.
PayPal does not work here in Benin Republic, West Africa; you can also use money gram if it works there to send the money in question or Money Express.
I thank you so much for you understanding and do try to send me your correct Phone number.

Tony Uba
Tel:00229-97061703

They say a sucker is born every day and this guy doesnt realise what other people are involved, unfortantly people do fall for things like this and they need to be stopped.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   jessiemarsh 0 Votes
ATTENTION: JESSIE MARSH, FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.‏
From: Western Union Office Western Union Office (western_unionoffc@live.com)
Sent: Thursday, 10 December 2009 9:04:27 p.m.
To: jess.allan@windowslive.com

Welcome to Western Union

Send Money Worldwide
Office Line : +229 93 867 144
E-mail : western_unionoffc@live.com
FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 455 AGBOKOU, ANKPA
ROAD OPPOSITE TUNDE MOTORS COTONOU.
WEBSITE.www.westernunion.com http://site.www.westernunion.com/
MOBILE PHONE:+229-93-867-144/ +229-97-345-082.

ATTENTION: JESSIE MARSH,

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY MY SEE MY NAME IN SCAMMER LIST? PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD THE SITE TO US NOW? AS YOU CAN SEE HAVE TRIED OUR BEST TO TRANSFER YOUR FUNDS TO YOU, THEREFORE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE YOUR FUNDS LET US KNOW NOW, SO THAT WE WILL REFUND YOUR TOTAL FUNDS BACK TO MR. UCHE EZE BECAUSE WE TOLD YOU THE REASON WHY WE DID NOT DEDUCT THE FEE FROM YOUR TOTAL FUND, DUE TO WE TRIED TO DEDUCT THE FEE BUT THE MINISTER ADMINISTRATOR TRUST FUND OF BENIN REPUBLIC TOLD US THAT NO ONE HAS ACCESS OVER YOUR FUND AS IT HAVE BEEN SIGNED AND STAMPED THAT NO MONEY SHOULD BE DEDUCTED UNTIL IT GETS TO YOU TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDING BECAUSE IF ANY ONE HAS ACCESS TO THAT IT WILL INVOLVE YOU LOOSING YOUR FUNDS, SO THAT WAS WHY WE DID NOT DEDUCT THE FEE OUT FROM YOUR TOTAL FUND AND IF IS POSSIBLE FOR US TO DEDUCT THE FEE WE WOULD HAVE DONE THAT SINCE FOR YOU.

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.

BEST REGARDS,

BARR. KENNETH LIEN.
FORIGN OPERATION MANAGER
WESTERN UNION OFFICE BENIN REPUBLIC
THIS IS OUR CONDUCT CODE ( 303).
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   asmaa sayed 0 Votes
Your Western Union Payment Information.
Sat, March 13, 2010 5:23:16 PMFrom: Western Union Payment Dept View Contact
To:

WESTERN UNION PAYMENT DEPARTMENT
HEAD OFFICE REPUBLIC OF BENIN.
FOREGN CONTRACTOR PAYMENT OFFICE
TELEPHONE: +229-9871 4341 +229-9871 4341

Attn: Beneficiary,

This is to notify all our clients about the latest development concerning all the payments that were left unpaid in our (Transfer Payment Network System) which yours are inclusive.

Henceforth, our Western Union Management is now offering a Special help to all our customers whose payments are on hold in our office. Therefore we are requesting that those involve should now pay only $185.00 to receive all their payment abandoned in our office.

So my dear, this is another opportunity for you to comply and your payment will be transfered to you immediately.

But remember that after (3 DAYS) you do not pay the $95, then we will divert your payment to govement fund to aviod problem or we will cancel the payment for this year untill next year because this year is not last year,

Again after (THREE DAYS ) We will enter A new project for the year and that is the reason we decide to help all our customers before we enter the new project

So you are advised to send the $185.00 immediately so that we will register your pyment for you to start receiving your $7.500.00 as from tomorrow.

Be informed that there is no time for us to call any you on this matter unless you call +229-9871 4341 +229-9871 4341

After the payment of $185.00 you will start receiveing your money every blessing day $7.500.00 through western union money transfer.

Send the money through Western Union with the information below:
1. Receiver Name :_____Emmanuel A Okonkwo.
2. City/Country:_______Cotonou - Benin Republic.
3. Question:___________Colour
4. Answer:____________Yellow
5. Amonut:____________US$185.00

Forward the payment control number, sender name and address immediately.

Waiting to receive the payment so that we can release your payment on hold for you to receive your first payment immediately.

I wish you good luck.
Yours in service,

Mr. Samson Duke,
Officer Incharge of Payment.
Western Union Head office.
Tel: +229 9871 4341 +229 9871 4341 .
Email: western.union.bj@w.cn
I received this letter and by ÇáÇãíá Please Alrdhl this is true
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Kathy L Dennis 0 Votes
THIS THERE A NAME MR. PADDY MORIS WORKS IN THE WESTERN UNION IN CONTOU BENIN OF REPUBLIC
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   cdechoix 0 Votes
Western Union cannot even handle a small money transfer. I tried to transfer $350 online to my daughter who was having a medical emergency overseas. I made the transaction online (MTCN 345 848 4329 ). Western Union withdrew the money with their fee from my bank account. They promised online that the money would be ready for pick up in 3 days. After 3 days there is no money available for pickup? I called WU and they ran me through several supervisors and I could not get any kind of explanation why they could not handle a simple $350 online money transfer? I have not received a refund and I feel Western Union online money transfers are a big scam. Next I am contacting the Bank of America to see if they can track down these cheating scammers and try to get my money back.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Ellen67 +1 Votes
You need to go into a branch and have them do a trace. Wires are very hard for banks to get back but that is where you want to start.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   mogoba 0 Votes
Hi all, please don't use Western Union to transfer money if you have a matter of an urgent nature to be resolved because once Western Union put your transfer on hold for their Legal department to get involve in investigating the receiver name which is a match in their watch list, it will take them several days to complete their verification process before they release the transfer from hold regardless how much contacts, email you make with them to reason them the importance of allowing the pickup of the money.

In fact once we were informed by an agent that the money is hold until I send a copy of my passport to ensure that I am not the person concerned in their watch list, I immediately scanned my passport and send by email to their security departmenent.

I was told that similar name like mine is on their watch and I would have to send a copy of my passport despite on every occasion that my money is sent to my name and blocked as if they don't have a mechanism to detect that I am not the person concerned.

Obviously this Western Union don't understand why we use in the first place their service and I really really really needed to collect the cash the day it was sent and despite begging them on the phone and by email to push whoever is dealing on my case to release my money transfer for nothing was done for 7 days... We are now considering to cancel the transfer and use a different company more efficient... Good luck to whoever wants to use western union again...
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   swarmmy 0 Votes
Hi Good morning i am from brunei i just want to complain regarding your tellers here in Bandar seri Begawan branch they are so rude when it come to the customers, theirs a queue but why is that when somebody message them through there cellphone they will accept it and they will serve them first they will just give extra $2 how about us those who line up out side when we are complaining they said if you don't want queue be a member of unqueue is there any policy like that in western union?
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   Rosa Ana 0 Votes
On October 3, 2012, we sent $4, 000 throught Western Union to Gonzalo Sanchez-Ubanell. My son was going to study abroad in Madrid, Spain and needed the money once there to settle (books, look for an apartment etc). He arrived in Madrid, Spain on October 8, 2012. He went to collect the money and they told him that it was picked up on October 5!!! Since then it has been an uphill battle with Western Union and they are not refunding us the money. After a complaint they concluded that the money was "release to someone with the pertinent information and a gobernment ID". We told them that the recipient was not even in the country (Spain) at the moment of the pick up. We could produce plane ticket, passports stamps of entry etc. They do not care. They even sugested that we are triying to rip off Western Union triying to collect twice. They do not give us additional information to go to the police, like the copy of the supposelly "ID" that the thief presented to collect the money based on the premises that "We have to protect" the privacy of their clients (a thief)!!! They have left us in the cold and treated us like we are the thieves and not a customer. TOTAL UNPROTECTED IF YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF A SCAM WITH WESTERN UNION.
 1st of Dec, 2012 by   dr.helal 0 Votes
The same happened in cases that i collected
Please Join my complaint against Western Union Fraud
I quoted your complaint here: http://www.araphil.com/showthread.php?40655-4-000-throught-Western-Union-were-stolen&langid=1
I need more information from you, please provide as soon as possible
 31st of Mar, 2013 by   حسين ابو عمشه 0 Votes
ارجو المساعده لماذا لا تسلمون العمله كا تستلموها ارسلت مبلغ 1000دولار الى سوريالم يسلمو دولار قالو لا نسلم الا بل العمله السوريه وانا قد حولت من قبل وسلمو دولار اجو ان تحلو المشكله واريد ان اعرف السبب لماذا لاتسلمون دولر؟؟؟الفرع الخاص بكم في حلب وشكرا

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees