logo

Western Union in Benin Republic

Posted:    Marissa

Email Scams

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have been receiving emails that my email address was choosen to be a winner of a lottery draw. Before i could receive my winning money, i have to send them a certain amount for the services. I would just like to know if you have this certain name Mr. Victor Brown connected with Western Union in Benin Republic, city of Cotonou.

Hoping for your reply. Thank you very much!

Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of May, 2009 by   victor camilleri 0 Votes
I AM MR.VICTOR CAMILLERI FROM MALTA, I HAD SEND MONIES TO BARRISTER LARRY MUSA, BANK OF AFRICA SO TO SEND ME MY FUNDS DAY AFTER DAY WAS ASKED TO SEND MORE BECAUSE OF LATE PAYMENT NOT BEARING IN MIND DIFFERENCE IN TIME, I HAD SENT 1200 EUROS BUT RECIEVED NOTHIN NOW BANK ASKED FOR 550 EUROS FOR CERTIFICATES, WHICH IN MY OPINION ARE FAKE,
PLS CAN U CONFIRM ABOUT MR.LARRY MUSA.
REGARDS,
V.CAMILLERI
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   ratmarie 0 Votes
Here's a good one. It cracks me up because they mention how I'm getting money because of fraud:

Attention: Email ID Owner,

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is compensating all the scam victims and your email address was found as one of the Victims. We have concluded to affect your own payment through Western Union®, $5, 000 twice daily until the total sum of $1M is completely transferred. We need your information as to where we will be sending the funds, such as; Receiver’s name, address and phone number. Contact our Customer Care @ customercare.wsternunion@live.fr with your full information.

Note; This is not one of the African/Nigeria fraud email that all they know is to rip you off your hard earned money and at the end you will receive nothing. This is from the Management of the Western Union® Cotonou, Republic of Benin and our Motto is "To Serve you Better". Note also that your payment files will be returned to the IMF if we did not hear from you within 72hours.

Thanks,
Mr. Mark James
Dir. Western Union®
Tel; +229-9329-9975
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   gwendolyn vaughn 0 Votes
i also was contacted by these so called western union people.Telling me that i was the beneficiary of 600.000 dollars, also they needed 127.00 in order to process this claim.Giving me all kinds of reasons why I should quickly send them my money. claiming that Ike John set up the trust for me.At first glance I thought my luck had changed, then the doubts came.So i tried calling the number they gave, along with western union when that didnt pan out.I decided to look on the internet and found this site, which led me to believe scam artist where behind this so called money.They wanted me to send it too Emmmanuel Ananti.After reading on this site i noticed the conduct code was also 303
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   allis candles 0 Votes
I received a similar email from Frank Ashley:

Hello Alli,
Thanks A lot For The Deligency And Concern With My Order And The Units I Am Purchasing Is For A Beach Resort In Accra Ghana And I Will Like You To Contact The Dingo Express Shipping Company With The Total Quantity Of The Units And Your Location Address And Ask Them For The Shipping Cost Because they have picked the same item for me before so they already know the weight. So what they would need from you now is the Pick Up location address, delivery address and quantity and type of material to be picked up. The Shipping Company contact information's is below.

International Shipping Department :Dingo Express Shipping Co.
Person To Contact : Mr. Joseph Hammond
Contact Email Address: Dingoexpressltd@yahoo.com

Please Go Ahead And E-mail Them with the Details And Ask Them For The Shipping Cost To The Beach Resort In Accra Ghana Zip Code 00233...And Ask Them What Method of Payment Do They Accept.Thanks And I Will Be Leaving For A Meeting Later Today.I Would Keep In Contact With You Via E-mail On My Laptop.Thanks And I Am Really Looking Forward In Completing This Order.Here Is The Delivery Address Below.

New Ocean-Wide Beach Resort
c/o..Mrs.Regina
Clinton 32 Cotton Ave
Accra..Ghana...00233

Hope To Hear From You Soon & May The Good Lord Richly Continue Bless You.

Regards.

Frank Ashley.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   rhatch 0 Votes
Attention;
To The Owner Of This E-mail, How are you today, I write to inform you that we have already sent you USD5000.00 dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of USD($1, 500 000.00) via western union by this governemnt.
I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but you did not pick up my calls throughout that yesterday eventhis morning.Now, I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up this USD5000.00 to enable us send another USD5000.00 today as you know we will be sending you only USD5000.00 per day.
Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the USD5000.00 and call me back to send you another payment today, My direct phone line is +229-98677388, Manager Mr.Paddy Moris Email:(wester_union_office401@rocketmail.com) call or email me once you picked up this USD5000.00 today.Here is the western union information to pick up the Money;MTCN:1768875617)Sender's Name: Pedro Hurtado Text Question: HOW MUCH Answer:$5000 Amount:USD $5000.00 I am waiting for your call once you pick up this USD5000.00, Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the informations.
Thanks
Mr.Anne Perrotti +229-98410195
 22nd of Aug, 2009 by   rozar 0 Votes
hey guys i received this msg...wud u plz tell me whether dis is a scam or not??

Attention Beneficiary,

I am writing this mail to inform you that finally your funds has been deposited with OCEANIC BANK and it was diverted into catch which will be sending to you $ 5, 000.00 daily via WESTEN UNION MONEY TRANSFER till the full amount of 2.5million USD will be complete since this will be the safe and best way to handle this transaction for security reason I took this decision because of the so many restrictions from the security Agents while trying to send the cash to you via courier service so all you have to do now is to contact them on this bellow information and they will transfer your money accordingly

Name: Rev. Edward Johnson
Email: (western_union770@live.com)
Phone: +22998835536.

And do not forget to contact the m with your receiving information such as
Receiver name ...
Country ...
City ...
Test question ...
Answer ...
Telephone number ...

Contact them and let me know when you started receiving your payment.

Regards,
Mr.James Akaya.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   WesternUnionMan 0 Votes
Everyone: If Western Union has such a large amount of money waiting for you in their system they will contact you via certified mail...you will have an actual letter that you need to sign for in order to recieve the information...there is NO WAY that ANY of these e-mails are legitimate! Also, be careful if someone calls you saying they are from Western Union...again, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY A SCAM!!! If anyone tells you otherwise, they are lying to you...and trying to steal your money!!!

ALSO...Western Union only requires the sender to submit any type of payment for fees...the receiver NEVER pays anything...they just need your ID (or test question answer).

Another point is that IF you were receiving this money at a rate of $10, 000 a day (or even $1, 000 a day) within the week the FBI and Homeland Security would be knock your door off its hinges to ask you a "few" questions.

If you have ANY doubts about monies being transferred to you via Western Union, immediately go to your local (and legitimate) Western Union outlet and have them contact Customer Service for you.

Be good...be safe...but most importantly...be smart! If you send someone $300 to receive $1, 000, 000...ultimately, you'll be out $300 and some criminal has all your personal information!

You friendly Western Union Representative
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   kileigh 0 Votes
I have had the same email as above, and I logged on to the western union site and entered the MTCN. it said that Available for pick up by receiver??

If it is a scam what happens if i pick it up?? it says it is available and they are not asking for payment? If it is a scam why is it available for pick up??
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   brunette68 0 Votes
Here's one for you...mind you I receive these constantly, from winning a lottery to this one. I have never been asked for money just my information and from that I would say these people can find out all they want about you. SCAM!

DEAR BENEFICARY,
OF $5, 000 DOLLARS THIS MORNING TO AVOID CANCELLATION OF YOUR
PAYMENT YOU HAVE ONLY FOUR HOURS TO CALL THIS OFFICE UPON
THE RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT YOU WILL BE
RECEIVING PER A DAY STARTING FROM TODAY IS $5, 000 IN THREE
DIFFERENT PAYMENTS AND THE MTCN OF TODAY IS BELOW.
Sender Name:..Ahmed Umanga

THANKS AND
MY REGARDS
MR ADAM HALL
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   kmajor510 0 Votes
I was scammed out of almost $200 from a woman claiming to give me a personal loan. If anyone gets an email fron a Jane Zick, IGNORE IT she will keep asking for money and tell you that you will need to send no more until you receive your loan but then there will be something else and they will want more from you. DON''T fall for it like I did. She makes it sound so believable and of course you want to be able to trust people but as I have learned the hard way you cant trust anyone from another country especially Nigeria so stay clear if you receive an email from her.
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   firerainbow67 0 Votes
我有新的電郵地址!

你現可電郵給我:johnobi200062@yahoo.com.hk

- ATTENTION, FINANCIAL MINISTER OF BENIN REPUBLIC SEND THIS LETTER TO YOU.We have concluded with eco bank governor to effect your payment of ($1.700, 000.00 USD) through western union, but the maximium amount you will be receiving is($5000) every 7 seven hours starting from tomorrow until the funds is completely transfered.($1.700, 000.00 USD)Kindly Contact Western union Agent: MR . FRANK JAMES Tel:=====(+229 98540475 E-mail:==( western_union205@sify.com )Through, MR. FRANK JAMES sent ($5000) in you ( what a scam!)
 11th of Oct, 2009 by   redspice55 +1 Votes
Good News To you‏
From: Mrs Mayjohn (mrsmayjohn@yahoo.co.nz)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: October 7, 2009 8:30:52 AM
To:

Good News To you good friend.

I am.Mrs Mary John the New Manager of WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC, i am here to inform you that we have transfered your fund valued $800.000.00 Usd into the Diamind Bank Benin Republic due to some problem we have with the Federal Government BENIN REPUBLIC which states that we are not allowed to transfer such fund because we do not have banking authority that shows we are responsible to transfer such huge amount of money.

Now i want you to contact Manager .Mr Odo Charles the Diamond Bank Manager Benin Republic and as him for your fund valued $800..000.00 uSD which was deposited by the Federal Government of Benin to transfer to you through bank to bank wire transfer.The Only Money you will pay the Bank is Wire Transfer Fee which is $150.00 Only.

This is Bank Manager's informations
Bank Manaer..Mr Odo Charles
Bank e-mail... dbk.beninplc@iraq.ir
phone number..+229-96615508

so make sure you contact bank today with your banking informations ok.

I am.Mrs Mary John the New
Manager of WESTERN UNION MONEY
TRANSFER COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC.

OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 455 TOKPA, ANKPA ROAD OPPOSITE POST OFFICE COTONOU.

(Every time she writes "I am" she puts a period after it & no space. She spells USD in capital & then small letters, then the opposite way. I looked up the phone number & it brought me to this scam web site.)
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   senzo hadebe 0 Votes
I was opportune to be in South Africa for a business conference meeting
last year and i found your country very progressive in investment
purposes.

I am Saka Yayiboni and the chair person in the contract award

committee of the Benin Republic house of assembly.

I got your profile from the South Africa chambers of commerce and tourist guide on my visit to Johannesburg last year.

I will like to make a partnership proposal of an investment of about $7.million on hotel and restaurant venture.

On your reply to this mail, i will send to you my contact phone

number and more details on this investment.

I will be expecting your reply to this proposal so that we can

discuss on the modalities.

sincerely yours.

SAKA YAYIBONI.
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   aschusterpula 0 Votes
I have been receiving non stop email to contact this person...etc etc...the same thing as everyone else is complainging about...WHAT IS WESTERN UNION DOING ABOUT THIS..ARE THEY DOING ANYTHING AT ALL OR DO THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT...
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   shannic 0 Votes
I have gotten that there is 5000.00 usd waiting for me at western union., so I called western union in canada.the scam artist gave me a legitimate money control number and everything the catch is the money is not in my name they even went so far as to tell me that somebody had been in there yesterday trying to get this money.When i sent the scammers an email about it they thenn told me i had to send them 125.00 before the money was released.One thing everyone should know is that when you win any kind of money you do not have to pay for it.If you go to westernunion website it will tell you how to know if you are being scammed
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   Adawg 0 Votes
I have been scammed out of $9000.00 to something like these emails!!! I have even gotten threats saying if I do not comply and send money for the "realease of some funds" that they will report me to the FBI---I have reported them to the IC3!!
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   tomeg422 0 Votes
I received the standard letter from Mark James that is very similar to what most of the rest of you folks have written about. Just one thing that I find strange this time fore I have been contacted numerous times being asked to send money for them to be free to wire my Lottery winnings or my inheritance or what ever the scam of the month is, but folks this time I wasn't asked to send any money. I was given what appears to be all the information one would need to go to a Western Union office to pick up wired funds. Since there are many offices every where I go from town to town I think I will stop in at one and file a formal complaint because as you know and I know there is no dollard waiting for me to pick up. Though if by some miracle there is money in my name to pick up, I will let you all know. tomeg42
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sue lou lou 0 Votes
TO ALL DO NOT SEND MONEY OR EVEN ANSWER A PERSON U DON'T KNOW?

WESTERN UNION REPUBLIC OF BENIN NO SUCH ADDRESS!
ITS A HOME, , ,
NAME :HILARY GORAN ...WHITE GUY PICTURE ...BUT BEHIND THE SCENE AND A SCAM, HE IS BLACK!!!
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   aaa 0 Votes
I have been paying a man in Cotonou in Benin much money, ca 1200 usd. He s name is ALEX and he tell to work on western Union in Cotonou. His pfone is:22998342706.
He tell me that I have a found there on 3Million USD.

Is there a person with this name in Western Union in Cotonou???

Please answere me.

Best regards
Roar Liljebakk
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   aaa -1 Votes
He tell me that I have a found there on 3Million USD.

Is there a person with this name in Western Union in Cotonou???

Please answere me.