logo

Munnik Basson Dagama Inc
identity account
5. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Wen Hair Care

Posted: 2011-11-07 by    tlc35760

hair loss

wen by chaz dean
I purchased this product and after 2 weeks my hair started falling out, let me first say I have no medical issues and this is not normal hair shedding, I didn't connect the hair loss to the wen at first, until a friend said do you think it's the wen, so I googled wen hair loss and there are many women that have had the same reaction, and before some of you wen lovers comment, some women after several months are now having the same results (hair loss), I have contacted the fda and you need to call this number to report it 1-800-332-1088, I went to the wen facebook page and women posting they have hair loss was removed and blocked from commenting, if I would of seen some of these comments my hair would be on my head and not in the trash, it was healthy now it's like straw and brittle, I have stopped using wen over a week now, the hair loss is not as bad, but the damage is done and over half my hair is gone ...please report to the fda and the BBB, don't let them keep selling this to others, save someone from this, wish I had found web sites before I started using it!!!
Comments United States Hair and Beauty Salons
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Nov, 2011 by   tlc35760 +1 Votes
well apparently they hadn't checked their face book in a while that's how I seen comments of other women with hair loss, I even became a friend of them on face book, but when I started posting about my hair loss everyday to let people know what I am going through they erased all comments of me and the other ladies and we can no longer post anything on that web site, so this is why I posted on this web site to let people know, some people just say well I learned a lesson, not me I am mad, I had beautiful long hair and it's have gone and dry and brittle! They have no warning on their shampoo and I am not assuming things, I know what screwed my hair up it was right away 2 weeks to be exact!!! But I never connected the two.
 7th of Nov, 2011 by   tlc35760 +1 Votes
Thanks eflkin
 11th of Dec, 2011 by   myrv 0 Votes
Please all affected by WEN go to /link removed/ and place a complaint there.
Also start taking Vit. D3 2, 000 IU's dalily to regrow your hair. I had hair loss from stress, menopause and other reasons for years and started to take the D3 and most hair loss has stopped and hair is regrowing.
Please file a complaint at RIPOFFREPORT DOT COM
 11th of Dec, 2011 by   myrv 0 Votes
Hi: Can anyone who still has containers of this WEN product, post a list of ingredients here. Thanks
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   bettie bratton 0 Votes
wow, thank you for all your post. i was just about to purchase this product and i am so glad i read this. i am so tired of people scamming others for a buck. i am a firm believer if it sounds like something to good to be true, it usually is. everyone is out for a buck no matter the cost. i use dove products and have for years and i love them and they are reasonable in price. i am so sorry to you women who got scammed. thank you for letting others know. Bettie in Oregon
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   Esponedas +1 Votes
My husband and I used Wen. After using it for 2 weeks, my husband's hair began to fall out in clumps. We got terribly concerned. He stopped using the product, and we booked an appointment with a dermatologist. The doctor said he had a bad reaction to the product and recommended Rogaine. So, not to worry...it will grow back.
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   gerib +1 Votes
I purchase the Wen also and my husband kept complaining about the sinks clogging and the hair that you would find everywhere.. I thought of course well I had not noticed the clogs... and then one day... I was brushing my hair in the front of the mirror and I saw something white... Like a flash of light on my head.. Now it had only been maybe one month since I started using Wen. I looked closer in the mirrow and lifted my hair and OMG.. there was the biggest bald spot... I had thick hair... and I had noticed that it looked flatter but seemed like it was more tangled in the mornings and late in the day... I threw that Wen straight into the garbage... That was the only factor that made any sense... My doctor said that there was no reason for me to lose that much hair.. Would I recommend Wen.. HECK NO... ATTACHED IS PHOTO ... I noticed alot of hair in my vacuum also when you would walk barefooted in the house you would feel hair on your feet... hair on the counter, hair in the food... hair traveling down your back under your shirt...
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   THE ANGEL +1 Votes
I have used top quality shampoos and conditioners without the nasty parabens and SLS sodium lauryl sulfate which is in most chemist shampoos you might as well use ecover washing up liquid. WEn is a great product if used correctly can improve the condition of your hair I found it fantastic and actually not stripping the hair and scalp of natural oils actually when washing with wen i lost less hair GREAT PRODUCT WITH GREAT RESULTS
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   mardg 0 Votes
i agree same issue started using wen hair started to fall out break off an massive split ends bad rash at back of head sore bumps receeding hairline. god help all of us hope it returns to normal someday
 14th of Apr, 2013 by   JOJO789 +2 Votes
Thank you all for your post and information. I was just going to order the trial set ...NO WAY Now . Glad I checked out the complaints and reviews first. Thanks again and hope your hair has recovered since your post.
 18th of May, 2013 by   Deanm +2 Votes
I started using wen when my co worker came back from Afghanistan and she said she ordered lots of bottles of wen. I told her that I have seen the infomercials about Wen and she gave me a couple of bottles to try. My hair has fallen out in places that I now need to use extensions to go out in public . My regular hair stylist told me to stop using wen because her cousin told her that it makes your hair fall out, I didn't believe her until now. I can't believe the leadership at wen are not telling people to stop using their products . My hair use to be beautiful, now I am embarrassed to go out in public.
 31st of Jul, 2013 by   Ericlor +1 Votes
I started using Wen at the end of April 2013 and my hair never felt or looked better/thicker/softer. It is now the end of July and I have lost more then 2/3 of my hair. There is no medical reason why my hair would be falling out. Loved the extra trips to the docs and the extra money spent there. Then I did a search on Wen and hair loss... Be careful is all I can say about this product. I have yet to find out if going back to a shampoo and hair care line I used before will grow my hair back. If I have to spend the rest of my life wearing hats I will be devastated by this. I have been crying everyday for weeks.
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   WEN VICTIM FROM LONG ISLAND 0 Votes
I had the exact same problem with Wen. I started using it in January 2013 and within 1 month started experiencing significant hair loss.
In addition to the hair loss Wen made my very curly hair straight and limp. I did not put 2 and 2 together until early May and stopped using Wen but by then there was a lot of damage done, I must have lost 1/3 of my hair and what ever was left was limp and straight.
I made a complaint to the FDA who sent a field rep to my house to take a deposition from me and to collect any Wen product I had.
I have been to both my general physician and dermatologist who say there is no medical reason for this hair loss. The dermatologist thinks that my hair follicles have been clogged with ingredients contained in Wen and so does the FDA.
Wen or their insurance carrier does not seem to take these complaints very seriously but the FDA is.
It has been almost 4 months since I stopped using Wen, I shampoo and condition with Nioxin and take Biotin and Multivitamins daily and my hair is just starting to come back.
I have been so depressed and enraged over this at the same time.
Complain to the FDA, QVC and WEN, tell anyone who will listen not to use Wen and if I find a law firm who is willing to take Wen on in a class action suit I will post and let you know.
I am soooo sorry ladies and I pray our hair grows back!
 31st of Dec, 2013 by   wenless 0 Votes
Same happened to me. Hair would not do any thing, dry brittle and ruined when I stopped using it because my hair was falling out in handfuls. My scalp now flakes, itches nonstop. Never had that before WEN. EVER!!! Do not buy this stuff! too many of us reporting it, and many maybe not realizing it was the WEN. Horrible product for me. Why risk to see if it will make yours fall out? It is not cheap, and really way too many reporting it for it to be isolated and rare occurrence.
 17th of Jan, 2014 by   THANKS TO AYURVEDA 0 Votes
HRP IN AP
HAIR RE-GROWTH PRODUCT IN AP
wish u happy new year for all peoples
in INDIA
we are introdusing words first Hair
Regrowth Product with low cost and
200% money back guareentee also.
1.we are honestly marketed . no
gimmecks
2.No false promises
3.100% risk free
4.10 days money back guareentee
our HRP in AP Hair Regrowth Product
300% better thencommonly used drugs.
such as minoidol, rogain, and other
hair
growth products and 500% cheaper
then other hair growth product. HRP in
AP is a only product which target
almost all reasons hair fall and proven
stop hair loss and to regrow hair even
on bald patches if the follicle is not
entirely dead
IF U NOT SATISFIED USING OUR HRP IN
AP PRODUCT
WE DONT ASK NEXT QUATIONS WE GIVE
U 10 DAYS FULL MONEY BACK
GUAREENTEE.
CALL FOR ORDER: 91 9010636092
 22nd of Feb, 2014 by   happytjc 0 Votes
I had been using WEN for 2 years because my dyed root color would stay longer and not wash out. I lost so much hair but I attributed it to stress. The top of my hair got so thin I had to do a comb over and even that was not working. My shower drain has gotten plugged 3 times this year from hair loss which had never happened in the last 10 previous years. My boyfriend told me he saw an article on WEN causing hair loss which I had never heard before. I am stopping WEN today and pray my hair grows back.
 1st of Apr, 2014 by   PigletsMema 0 Votes
I too have been using WEN for about 2 years my Hair color stayed in longer and not washing out, that was great. I lost hair thinking it was do to stress. My crown and sides of my hair started to lost hair my comb was always filled with hair, when in the shower my drain was always filled with my hair. I went to all kinds of Dr's and they couldn't tell me anything or tell me why? I was told in a Hair show in the city about all the trouble other people where having losing their hair and stop using the product and go on the PC and look it up and call the FDA. So here I am doing it. I stop using WEN and hoping my hair will grow back my daughter is getting married in Oct so it better be back .
 18th of Jul, 2014 by   bellsbelle 0 Votes
I had bought several WEN product sets from QVC trying to use more natural, less chemical, non sudsy hair products. I used occasionally, switching with one of my regular shampoos. Over the summer, 2013, I used ONLY WEN products. Sept 2013, I went to my PCP with scalp complaints!!! SORES, COATED SCALP, ITCHING, THINNING HAIR, PAINFUL TO TOUCH KNOTS, INFLAMMATION!!
I was worried about an abscess! PCP started me on antibiotics and sad to report, I am still on antibiotics and today is July 18, 2014.
I have seen dermatologist's, Infectious Disease doctors and allergy/immunology doctors for the continued scalp issues. I contacted
QVC and they refunded me for all the products that I had purchased and told me they had never heard of this problem before and that she used the products herself. I have had extensive lab work, months of antibiotic use, fungal medications, steroid injections, RX shampoos!!! Out $$$, thinning hair, Natural curl gone, missed time at work as a nurse due to scalp issues. This is not near being cleared up either.
I guess I will need to contact QVC, WEN and FDA as well.
I'm sick and tired!!
Debbie R.N.. bellsbelle
 2nd of Sep, 2014 by   Sad in IL 0 Votes
I started using Wen in November of 2013 and in the beginning I liked it and thought it was great. My ends were healthier, my color lasted longer and my hair felt so soft but I would always notice what seemed like a lot of hair coming out when I would comb the product through my hair while in the shower. Now I know it is normal to lose hair while your washing it or styling it... they say most people lose about 100 strands a day, But this seemed to be more than normal but I brushed it off thinking that it was just me being paranoid. Flash forward 9 months of using Wen and my hair is noticeably thinner especially my sides and the crown area. I would say I lost half of the volume I had before I started using Wen and that is a lot for me because I didn't have a thick head of hair to start with. My hair has always been fine but I had volume. When my hair is wet my scalp is very visible and I look like I barely have any hair. I too found all the complaints online and decided from that moment on that I would never use that product again. I shampoo my hair every other day sometimes every two days and didn't end up going through the products as fast as they had sent them to me. ( I actually changed my last shipment to every 3 months because I had extra product already at the time.) I now have a lot of unopened product that I can't return because its past the 60 day mark. I'm canceling all future orders with Wen and have started taking Biotin and a multi vitamin as well. My hair stylist recommended I use a reconstructive shampoo for damaged and thinning hair that she swears by. It's sold at Sephora and Nordstrom also sells it. Its called Alterna and it is sulfate free, is made with natural ingredients and is also vegan and doesn't test on animals. I will be trying it and also will be contacting the FDA as well. My advice to anyone who is thinking about trying Wen is DON"T! And for those of you who are currently using it and say you don't have a problem- give it time. I used mine for 9 months and now I'm seeing the damage from using it all these months.

How to Get a Free FICO Credit Score