logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Microworkers.com
Big scam site, please close it!
2. (1 mins ago)
unknown charge

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Plano, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Harassing phone calls

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Contacts & Informations

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

Posted:    Melody Temple

Harassing phone calls

Wells Fargo
Plano, Texas
For over a year now the reps from Wells Fargo call every day from the 1st to the 10th of the month. They call on all phone lines multiple times a day/night and even on holidays. They never leave messages. I have asked them why they call a customer that pays on time --they say the payment is due on the 1st and late after the 1st--but on the statement it says payment late after the 11th! I constantly pay the second week of the month--from the 5th-7th day of the month. I do not have late payments and have an excellent credit score. I tell them repeatedly that I am a customer in good standing and that I pay the same time every month--they then state they have added that info in the system and will not be calling back. I have been dealing with this issue for over a year and I have had enough. This account is my secondary loan and due to this issue I am looking into changing from Wells Fargo due to this kind of treatment. I would like a complaint to be issued and this is the route I am taking.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Dec, 2009 by   Delaware57 0 Votes
If the payment is due on the 1st in your contract and they give you a "grace Period", then they can call you as a reminder. I get an e-mail from my lender. I really don't see why you don't have the payment in on the first to avoid what you are calling harrashment.
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   popecko 0 Votes
They have started calling me before the payment is due as well. They just want to 'set up the payment' for the coming month. And of course, get to charge the $20 over the phone fee for doing that.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   Deana Dale Benham Dutcher 0 Votes
Wells Fargo just bought our home equity loan from another lender. Our payment is due the 10th of each month. We had a family emergency so my husband didn't make the payment until the 15th. The payment was made online early the morning of the 15th. Just 5 days late. At 10:35 the morning of the 15th a woman from Wells Fargo called and told me she was calling to collect a debt. She asked me if we intended to continue to occupy the property! We were still well within the "grace period" and have never been past the grace period in the entire 10yrs. we have had that loan. She told me she did see on her computer that the payment had been made but could take up to 24 hrs to post. At 2:38 p.m. a man called again from Wells Fargo, he also told me he was calling to collect a debt and asked if we intended to continue to occupy the property. I told him that I had already spoken to lady from Wells Fargo that morning about the issue. He also could see on his screen that the payment had been made yet he continued with his spill to "collect a debt." He told me that they could call me up to 6 times a day until the payment posts. I was pissed! I called Wells Fargo to complain about the harrassment. The woman I spoke to on the phone told me to "Just move on." And, "Just don't answer your phone." She also told me that our payment could take upto 24 hrs to post and that we may get more calls. Sure enough, at 5:20 p.m. another man called from Wells Fargo...same "collect a debt" blather. I demanded to speak to a supervisor! After several minutes the supervisor came on the line. I told her about the three calls from Wells Fargo in one day and speaking to thier collectors each time. I told her that was harrassement and was illegal. She said 'I'm sorry you feel that way'! I told her I was going to report them to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. She told me to go right ahead and do that. Then I told her that I was going to blog about it on every site I could find. That struck a nerve!!! She threatened me that Wells Fargo could come after me for defamation! She wanrned me to be very...very...very carefull about blogging about Wells Fargo. I recorded her threat. I welcome Wells Fargo to just try and come after me!!! They don't fear the government protecting our rights but they sure do fear the blog.

Identity Theft Prevention