logo

Wells Fargo
4701 Peoria St.
Denver, Colorado
Phone: (303) 861-8811
Don't ever open an account with WF!!! They suckered me into opening an account, because my employer had an account with them. My employer began to deposit my checks into my account. These bastards hold my check, and bills do not get paid. I am spending the entire weekend on $4!!! They have caused my car note, credit card payment, and cell phone to be late. They are ruining my weekend, and now my credit. I never overdraw on my account. My old bank, Compass Bank BBVA was solid, and I never had a problem with them. Compass is a smaller regional bank, and their service is far superior over corporate WF. The best bank was when I lived in Texas, Woodforest Bank of Texas. Open 24 hours, and all deposits posted immediatley.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jul, 2009 by   texsweetheart 0 Votes
This is an outright lie. You stated your employer (whose checks are drawn off Wells Fargo) deposits the checks for you. Wells Fargo can not hold Wells Fargo checks, the system will not allow it. Simple as that.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   omahamike 0 Votes
wells fargo is garbage. They manipulate charges so they can slam you with multiple overdraft fees. Its not a bank, Its a credit card company. Make sure you never come upon tough times if your with WF, all they will do is screw any hope you had of getting back on track. I was late 3 month on my credit card account. They took money out of my brothers account to pay it. Why? My account---me/mom account-----mom account-----brother/mom account. They went down the line and found some money to steal.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Matt.ferry64 -1 Votes
Wells Fargo is easily one of the worst financial institutions on the planet. I have written the president, local managers, assistant managers and tellers of my bank, and called EVERY customer service line and they either refuse to work with me or refuse to work with someone that can. Overdraft your account and blow the money on plasma TV's and laser-tag games and never repay the debt. The marks on your credit score greatly outweigh the debt you incur on the fiscal system ruining the majority of the US population. Really.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Idahobarry -1 Votes
I opened and account with wtf a few monthss ago and neglected to activate it until now. Guess i thought it was a bank. Didnt realize i was dealing with a loan shark. Grant it my balance was less than a hundred. Now I realize that is exactely what these guys prey upon. People who dont have the means to defent themselves. what a system we live in and allow. Didnt think once activating my card i would find that i had a negative balance. After making numerous calls and getting nowhere other than wasting time its realized that there is no hope with these guys. Take you money and stick it in your mattress. Youll be much better off.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   binkyspeanuts -1 Votes
I hate wells fargo... they just got me for 1300.00 nice right... bastards over draft on a 2.77 item after it had already cleared 1.5 weeks earlier... thats why they say hey do the credit thing to get rewards not debit... but a debit amount comes out asap vs credit then they can mess with stuff how they want to get more money in their pockets... fuck wells fargo!
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   AVOICE -1 Votes
Wells Fargo is a big ass fraud. They can fuck you in every way on your home loan and never step in and help modify the fucking thing!!! They will gladly write bad notes and adjustable rate mortgages to this day to people who should not be in one. Than try and foreclose on your house when you can't pay the adjustment. Also they are a bunch of big ass idiots when it comes to the foreclosure process. They would rather foreclose on a house and lose $60-80, 000 in equity than modify a loan for some one who can pay their bills if they helped do a principal reduction or modify the FUCKING LOAN. B ut now I am STRESS FREE becasue I say come get this MOTHER FUCKER. It not worth the dirt it's built on piece of shit banks!!! GREED how's that taste when you cannot even sell your REO homes anymore they have to be sold for half of what the house is worth!!!

Eat shit BOA, Wells, CITI, CHASE!!! They will loan you $200K at 6% and than in 20-30 years you have paid back an amortization of $385-425, 000 to the bank. That is GREED and they are going to end up closed down and everything will be FHA and govermnet controlled. That we will not only pay high interest but an up front mortgage insurance to get a loan at 2.25% that just is FHA GREED or wait GOVERMENT GREED
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   Frank the Fridge 0 Votes
No complaints here. You are in charge of your own finances. If you overdraft your account, thats a you problem. The bank will gladly charge overdraft fees as penalty meanwhile increasing their capital. I am not saying just Wells Fargo, I am saying any bank. Some local banks like to "keep the peace" so to speak and refund some overdraft fees that ultimately doesn't aide their credit potential. If you mess up your banking situation, that sucks, but guess what? Thats your problem. Track your funds, track your checks. Its not rocket science, its called responsibility. There are things known as calculators.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   Chuck B. -1 Votes
That last comment is BS. The federal Government has passed a bill that will force banks offer checking accounts without 'overdraft protection'. Up until now it was impossible at any bank to get a checking account that wouldn't extend coverage to those little debits that we all make. This sounds fine on the surface. But what it allows them to do is to rack up a whole list of nsf charged against you. You can use your card while the funds are in your account. and sometimes it takes weeks for them to clear the bank. If you slip up and write a check that overdrafts your account, say for $100, and you had 10 debits for $5-10 that finally hit the bank the same day as your check, they will take out the check first and overdraft your account. Then you will have to pay a $35 fee for each legitimate debit you made while you had the funds. You pay hundreds of dollars for one mistake. In August 2010, this will be illegal. Most banks have seen the light, and now offer a checking account that if the funds aren't in you account, they won't pay it, or charge an NSF fee. All of your debit card transactions are instantly registered. Wells Fargo is one of the last banks to convert to the new set of rules. They are going to wait, until they are forced to by law, to quit victimizing their patrons. Chase Manhattan made 1.4 billion dollars in NSF charges in 2009. This is why the law makers put a stop to this malicious practice. Close your accounts at Wells Fargo!!!
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   duh, really?... 0 Votes
If you make a debit, keep track! If you don't write it down-- you'll forget. Don't be an idiot... remember back in elementary school how they taught you how to balance a check book? you should try it!! if you don't have enough money, don't make the transaction.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   ROB-BOB-A-LOB-BOB 0 Votes
WE CLOSED OUR WELLS FARGO CHECKING, YOU DON'T NEED A FUCKED-UP BANK LIKE THAT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INCOME OR JOB.

WE TAKE OUR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY CHECKS TO WALMART. THEY CASH THEM!

THEN WE SIGNED UP FOR FOOD STAMPS, YOU DON'T NEED ANY MONEY, THEY GIVE YOU A DEBIT CARD with A FAT-ASS FREE BALANCE EVERY MONTH.

THEN WE SIGNED UP FOR HOUSING, SO WE GET FREE RENT, and OUR LANDLORD GIVES US CASH BACK!. NOBODY KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE! OUR WALLETS ARE FULL OF CASH, OUR CUPBOARDS AND FRIDGE ARE LOADED, ALL THE BILLS ARE PAID!! AND WE DRIVE A BRAND NEW CAR!!

FUCK THE BANKS!!!
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   might be helpful -2 Votes
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   tombo1992@ -1 Votes
FUCK WELLS FARGO!! I had "overdraft protection" and the way it was explained to me was FAR AND LARGE different from how it really is.

I was told if you have ANY money in ANY account by an in bank Banker... that if you overdraw from one account the money from the other account will take its place... sounds cool right??

So I get off work, I come home to see an email from wells fargo stating a transaction made over a week ago made my online account overdraw. I had over 600$ on my regular checking account but they denied to transfer the money because unknown to me there were a few loopholes.

1) Only the regular checking account can have OD protection... not what i was told when i opened the account.

2) If overdrawn the money can ONLY come from your savings account even though you have more than enough money in another account... another thing I was not told.

And of course they did the classic switcheroo where they put my most expensive bill first to knock down my principal balance so all my small things like $2.50 drink, $5.00 Burger, etc. nickel and dime shit... to charge me as many overdraft fees as possible at a whopping 35$ each for an overnight loan for money I didn't need... Not to mention they took their sweet ass time of about a week to tell me... you know to allow for more shit to pile up.

So now I have a big ass overdraft fee for what? not having my money in the right place?... yeah i certainly don't have my money in the right place... wells fargo is shit i wish i never made an account there... They will rat you out of every penny you have.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   tbonfig -1 Votes
WELLS FARGO IS THE WORST BANK ON THE PLANET. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS BANK !!! DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT, AND CLOSE ALL THE ONES YOU HAVE.

1. I used their "Bill Pay" to transfer $3, 000 to another checking account in another bank. I was told Bill Pay can be used for this, and I did it once before and it worked fine. This time, it didn't work. The money left my account, and never arrived at the other bank. No transfer and the money is gone from my account. They aren't looking into it immediately, or even after 24 hours. They're giving themselves up to 10 business days to resolve it! Meanwhile, I'm out the money and am bouncing checks.

2. Their customer service is horrid. Arrogant and smug. No help at all. Many menus and eventually you get a low level person who sends you to the next higher low level person. You never get to talk to the upper management even if there is a crisis. They treat ALL problems without urgency or care.

3. I went into a branch. The employees there (hired under "Affirmative Action") were yucking it up in the back office. Then, they yucked it up at the teller window and insulted a customer. And the joker-teller handling the drive up window was openly complaining about his customers, and at the same time singing out loud. SOOOOOOO UNPROFESSIONAL.

4. Another branch had mostly Somalians wearing burkas working whom couldn't speak clear English.

5. I've been a customer for 19 years. I will be closing all my accounts. They are getting worse and worse. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS BANK !!!
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   me71 -1 Votes
I have relatives that work at wellsfargo so I have accounts there cause I usually get breaks on overdraft fees, but after today I will be closing all my accounts. I called customer service to ask why I received a late charge of 25.00 plus two finance charges 30.00. I told him I made a payment 2 days before my deadline. He told me that my minimum payment was 40.00 not 36.00 which I paid. Therefore I was charged 25.00 for a late fee. The guy was a complete smug asshole. I would have been fine with the late charge if it wasn't for that jerk telling me "you have had this credit for a long time and you don't know how the minimum payments work, come on" I couldn't belive he had the nerve to tell me this. I didn't know how it works because I usually pay around 200.00 on my credit card a month, this was the first time I only paid 36.00. I just hung up after that, I couldn't believe it!
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   Archook -2 Votes
People are WF are rude, stupid and incompetent.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   din0nut -2 Votes
f**k wells fargo. we a had nice little mortgage lined up witha local bank then wells f**cking fargo bought them out and have harrassed us ever sinces. Things got bad we asked to refinance and then were told no way you are behind. Alaska housing can suck me too, we were promised a grant worth $25, 000 but when push came to shove our loan didn't qualiy becasue it was too small. Turns out they are in bed with wells f**king fargo and we got screwed.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   shady business -2 Votes
f**k wells fargo i had an acount with them through my employer wen i was 18 and had it paid in full now 3 years later my dad gets a phone call saying i can settle for 800$ call them up willing to pay on a payment plan and they very unprofessionaly cus me out and talk sh*t to me the whole time when i was more than willing to give them money that isnt even theres what a bunch of morons dont do business with wells fargo very unprofessional and extremely rude.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   sickofitall01 -2 Votes
F**k WELLS FAGO
dickked me for overdraft charges manager said i dont "qualify for a reversal its december and two overdraftchages in a day check was depositied within 12 hrs and these fucktards wont reverse even after I went to branch and called and spoke with uneducated manager, they dont qualify for my N*ts anymore im putting my money in chase . eat a D@*k and Di3 wells FAGo
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   Galeshu -2 Votes
I have my payroll check direct deposited every two weeks, and each pay day my check sits in pending for an entire weekend. I have bills to pay and cannot access my money. The first time I had this direct deposited I used my debit card and it caused my account to overdraft and the suckers charged me an overdraft charge even though the money was there. They are by far the worst bank. I did not know they were associated with Wachovia, and I hate that bank. Next week WF goes bye bye. I will never open another account with these thieves!!!
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   trollkong 0 Votes
All the major bankers are crooks. They have bribed the politicians to permit them to get away with extortion. The CEOs are payed outrageous and obscene salaries and benefits. They should all be in prison for fraud and extortion. Bugger them all!

Mortgage Fraud Rising in Florida