logo

K.W.S Windows and Conservatories
FAILED TO HONOR OUR GUARANTEE
5. (45 mins ago)
Kimtech.ca
They stop responding emails and our phone calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    wellsfargosucksballsass

Overdraft Fees

Wells Fargo
Bozeman, Montana
I have called Wells Fargo several times and asked about having my account set up so if anything were to go through and I don't have the funds then they would decline the transacation. They told me the protection the put on there would do this and I wouldn't have an overdraft fee ever. Well, today I forgot about a payment getting Eletronically taken out and apparently there are loop holes in their system for overdrafts because I proceeded to call them about it and see whats up. Both customer service representatives were not sympathetic or friendly about the issue. I don't see how they can do that when someone does not have enough to cover it and then proceed to charge them daily without notice. This bank is money hungry and doesn't care about the customer at all.

check this out:

Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2009 by   GrammaAngel 0 Votes
Received an email saying I was overdrawn & please deposit funds to cover. Checked both our accounts-nothing short. Our phone isn't working so I emailed bank -so many times we get these overdradt notices & there is nothing overdrawn-figured it was another error. I knew I had about $14. bucks, I deposited a $10.00 rebate check, went to the store spent about $5.00, stopped at the other store spent about $10.00, get home, sign on to see how close to broke I was, & big surprise! Things are different, Bank had charged a $30. fee for an advance, overdrawing me & charged $35.00. I emailed again-angry-told bank they can't charge me a fee because they charged me a fee that did not need to be charged. They said no. Next day-things are changed AGAIN, it shows I repaid $100. advance plus a $30. advance fee(should have been $10.) with about $14.00 remaining.Made a copy of this.I replaced the 2 store amounts & emailed bank about the error. Nailed me again w/2 more overdrafts. I told them it's wrong & I'm not paying.No more ripping me off.There was no overdraft.Anything that went out had a deposit with it.Bank changes dates & lineup of charges, things disappear so you don't know it was ever "pending", too many tricks to keep up with. On SSDisability & am very careful-can't afford od fees!
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Wells Fargo won't answer 0 Votes
I agree with you 100%...how did you stop them??
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Susan greeley 0 Votes
I recently moved and changed
my bank to Wells Fargo because my old bank (20 years) did not have a branch near my new home. In the 4 months I have been at WF, I have been hit with 3 OD fees. I use my debit card most of the time and check my account several times a day. I note my balance, what cleared and what is pending. Most recently, I wrote a $20 check on a Thursday night and my paycheck direct deposited at 12:01 Friday. They bounced the check, citing "day of origination" even though there was ample money to cover the check by the time it posted. I had money in savings, and didn't think I needed to transfer since
y paycheck was going to be deposited in a matter of hours. In
my 30+ years of banking, I had never heard of this, nor has it ever happened to me before. I had $18.98 in checking with nothing pending and $3560 in savings. What is "date of origination?" I called a local credit union (where I wi be banking from now on) and they never heard of this either. They go by what is in your account when the check/debit posts.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   upathetic +1 Votes
No, keep a check register. Deduct every check/debit as soon as you make it, and then you'll know how much you have available. And the days of being able to "beat" transactions to the bank are long gone.
You can't possibly expect the online balance to be 100% accurate -- there may be checks or debits that haven't been sent to your bank yet.
No matter what bank or credit union you go to, you MUST keep your own check register. Otherwise, you'll be back here complaining about overdraft charges again.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   HanD54 0 Votes
And piled fees on top of fees after i tried to pay off the fees and they kept slipping a new one right under the time limits! even after i canceled the accounts they kept fee piling and calling ten times on a Sunday to harass me! I told them to stop calling and they refused and would not cancel the accounts! They would not listen and repeated there rhetoric like checked out drone monkeys! I told them i will abandon the account!

Who do these people think they are? And why do they get to get away with it?

It was like paying protection money to the mafia!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WELLS FARGO ON ANY LEVEL!

In my opinion they are a rip off lying cheating corrupt corporate entity!
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Tired_of_Stupid +1 Votes
You think they're just going to let you walk away and not collect the money you owe them? Get real!
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   wells fargo rip off 0 Votes
I like so many do not understand how they account for overdraft charges . Even with a positive balance they said that my account overdrew the preceding pm. Without any deposits the next day I still had a positive balance . They also did not count a 500 dollar deposit that was pending. I just really don't understand . When I ask for an explanation all they did was read the checks to me that had come through my account. It is very clear to me that this bank is a true rip off. How can they get away with this. The overdraft fees amounted to $200.00
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Tired_of_Stupid 0 Votes
First, look up the definition of "pending" so you'll understand about the $500 deposit. Then look up the word "register, " as in, if you kept a check register, you wouldn't be trying to steal the bank's money.
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   scubafork +1 Votes
For those who think this is a simple matter of the poster not being responsible, consider the following scenario:

You start your day with $100 in the bank. You cash a check sitting in your pocket for $200. Knowing you now have $300, you go to the store and pick up a coffee for $2. Then you get gas for $30. Across the course of the day, you buy lunch for $10 and a snack for $5. At the end of the day, you get your mail, see the electric bill for $150 and immediately pay it like a responsible adult.

What Wells Fargo will do is wait til the end of the day to process these transactions and your transactions are not tallied chronologically-it's done in the order of the most expensive to the least expensive(meaning that deposits now follow debits).

So, you start at $100, then subtract $150 for a balance of $-50. Tack on the $35 overdraft fee, and you're at $-85
Then that gas you bought gets put into play. Suddenly your balance is $-115, minus another OD fee and you're at $-140
Lunch puts you at $-185
A snack puts you at $-225
That coffee now puts you at $-262.
And finally, your deposit goes in and you're back up to $-62.

By any normal standard of math, you should be at $300, minus $197 for a end total of $103, but because of Wells Fargo's tricky accounting, they've suddenly made $165. This is EXACTLY how they do this, and they have been found guilty for this deceptive practice in a lawsuit last year.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   tellitright 0 Votes
We are a military family who had wachovia when wells fargo bought them out.Most banks pay military at midnight or even a day before not wells fargo.They charge us 35.00 on the morning of pay day because when the bill came through at 6 am, they told me they hadn't release our money at the time.It showed the bill was paid though after we got our deposit.I called customer service and she bluntly told me thats the way the bank roll. Now i have to tell all my creditors dont debit my acct before 9 am because I will be charged 35.00 if it comes before 9.Wells Fargo is a rip off to military members.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   tellitright -2 Votes
I dont spend my money before it comes through since i cant get to it unless its there. you are saying I should tell my mortgage company to wait till 10:15 to post an ACH Debit since it wont be there at 8am on payday. You ARE AN IDIOT.
 14th of May, 2011 by   FORTRANforever 0 Votes
Unfortunately, most of the comments that disagree with the person complaining totally lost the point, which is overdraft protection was set up for the purpose of avoiding overdraft fees. Wells Fargo is obviously deceptive in marketing overdraft protection as it is common knowledge that overdraft protection covers all types of debits off an account.

Some people do not understand the purpose of overdraft protection and how it is supposed to to function and therefore it is best to simply ignore them.
 23rd of Oct, 2011 by   Getald 0 Votes
I am a customer and I was charged 35.00 overdraft fee after I made a deposit I was overdrawn but I called and spoke to Brandon at customer service and he told me if I make the deposit by 9am that morning I would not be charged a fee well I was so I called back and was treated very rude by another guy he said I can't help you so I asked for a manager and he said why he will yell you the same thing if this is how they treat people no wonder why everyone uses TD bank which I will be doing they treated me like trash and lied to me !!

7 Easy Ways How to Save on Food