logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)
Shipping a car

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Wells Fargo Bank, Torrance, California Complaints & Reviews - Stole My Money!!!

Wells Fargo Bank Contacts & Informations

Wells Fargo Bank

Posted:    pete555

Stole My Money!!!

Wells Fargo Bank
Torrance, California
This bank stole over $800.00 of my money right out of my account!!! They claim that because my step son's account got overdrawn that they can simply reach into my account and get the money. My step son is an adult and I have no influence on him or access to his account. They claimed that they can do this because I had my wife in my account and my wife had also access to my step son's account. This is total nonsense. This bank is absolutely terrible. I do not understand why my account was linked to my step son's account. I absolutely never gave them permission to do so. This bank stole my money right out of my account. Amazing!!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Sep, 2008 by   BankKnowledge 0 Votes
This does sound bad, but I think I might know what happened. If on you account your wife was a signer that mean she has legal authority to those funds. Next if her sons (your step son) account had your wife as a signer she has legal authority on that account as well. Now if the son overdrafted the account and never paid it back off the bank has the right to take the funds it needs from an account that ANY of the signers have to pay the bank back.

So to make it short, that bank took the money that was owed for fees out of another account that had a matching authorized signer. Just because your name is on the account doesn't mean the money is only yours.

The bank sees that the signers on the account owe the bank money, so they take the money from another account that has the same signer. I believe if you do the research its called Right to set off, or right to pay off.

Hope this helps. ;)
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Mad as hel 0 Votes
This bank is a joke, They did the same to me, they wiped my accout causing it to be overdraft and casusing me more fees. I was running late on a loan, talk to the collection team and told them not to take money from my account because my mortgage payment would be comming through but they took it any way. will never do business with this bank again.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Wells Fargo SUCKS! 0 Votes
When I bougt my car over two years ago, it was financed through Wells Fargo. About a year ago, I opened a Wells Fargo checking account. Due to the economy, I fell behind on my car payments. This morning, I go into my acoount, which had almost $400 in it last night, only to find out that I am now -$400. I called to find out what happened and have been transfered to 4 different departments. I had to leave a voice mail and plan on doing so every hour on the hour until I get this issue resolved. How can Wells Fargo justifying their actions when at the time I purchased the car I did not have a Wells Fargo checking account? This is totally illegal in my book. If they don't see my point, then I will be forced to stop my Direct Deposit and Wells Fargo will have an even harder time trying to get the back payments or car for that matter. No wonder Wells Fargo turned a huge profit this year. They rape their customers!
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   montishaya 0 Votes
I've cancelled overdraft "protection, " or so I thought. Wells Fargo continues to pay transactions that lead to overdrafts, even though I've requested that they NOT do so. I know I've not mananged my finances to Fortune 500 standards, but hang it all I'm having a really hard time, and losing my house, and barely scraping by. Wells Fargo has helped itself to over $250 of my money in overdraft "protection" fees and CONTINUOUS OD LEVEL 2 fees. I know that in the scheme of things $250 isn't a lot of money, but if I had it, I could get milk (you know the regular stuff because I can't even think about organics) for my kids and fruit because it's good for them. This isn't the first problem I've had with Wells Fargo, and I'm sick of their nonsense and garbage and crap!
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   daviddd 0 Votes
wells fargo took $530 from my SAVINGS account!! they said they have a legal right to do so! its called "Right Of Offset"!!
I hate them!!
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   wwrre44 0 Votes
Wells Fargo stole $ 2, 153.00 from my savings and checking account . They justified it saying it was an off - set from a home loan 2nd on a house i lost due to foreclosure . Then after stealing my money they then charged me apx. $ 400 in over darft fees . I am suing them & if anyone else has been in similar lawsuits and won against this Bank please write immediately . 33writeme@comcast.net
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   sungrrl40 0 Votes
They stole $600 from my son's account and applied it to my accounts. They are total complete you-know-whats. They should have the logo: We Don't CARE!!! Thats what they said when we explained this was my son's rent money.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   riverosprey57 0 Votes
yeah, after many months of reassurances that Wells Fargo would not take the money in our personal account due to us being behind on a business line of credit...today I find our account is $625 overdrawn. The representative I talked to on the phone had never heard of this happening before but he forwarded me on a a Michelle DeLeon at 888-715-4315. Oh well...I'm stopping the autopays and will close our account with Wells Fargo.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   lcb21 0 Votes
i just went through a short sale on my house with the first and second from wells fargo. the second was supposed to go into negotiations after closing for a pay-off amount or payment plan. less than 1 month after closing the equity department has not contacted me to start the negotiations. their collections dept seem to miss the memo because they just drained my checking account of $2000 and bounced 3 checks for a total of $230 in OD fees all with absolutely no notice to me. most absurd thing i have ever experienced from a bank, or any buisness for that matter. i have talked to 2 wells fargo bankers in person, then was given a phone number which i waited on hold for 20 minutes only to be transfered 2 more times, each rep promising the next dept could help me with my questions. now i have voicemail box to try to get through once every hour. still nothing.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   rockgeology 0 Votes
I just had 678 dollars stolen from me by wells fargo. When I called them, I was told it was from a collections account and given this # 888-715-4315. When I called the number, it was Wells Fargo business services. I have always paid every account on time and am not sure why they would do this to me. I am definitely switching banks.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   viny 0 Votes
Well Fargo stole $25 from me, which I had enough money from the previous two months in my account without any withdrawal whatso ever then charge $5 4/5/10 before using the card $5 for using the card 4/6/10 at the market which was $23.70 then charge $5 for having the card in my wallet 4/7/10, 4/8/10, 4/9/10 CONTINUOUS OD LEVEL 2 fees that all!
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   Richie2010 0 Votes
I agree with everyone! I just had $39 overdraft and it's ridiculous that wells fargo charged me $35 overdraft fee, then, another $5 for "CONTINUOUS OD LEVEL 2 CHARGE" within 2 days ? What??? Fargo gotta stop stealing from people!
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   Tired_of_Stupid +1 Votes
If you don't spend money that's not in your account, they can't charge you overdraft fees. You're the one who's stealing.
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   Find another bank 0 Votes
I strongly urge anyone with a Wachovia or Wells Fargo Banks to close all accounts as these people are as corrupt as can be. My experience with them has been nothing but headaches. Their disregard for their customers is despicable.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   sssrrr 0 Votes
33writeme@comcast.net please let me know what happened with your case, I am having the same problem.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Corpus Christa 0 Votes
Wells Fargo did the same thing to me! They emptied my account because my brother in law was overdrawn. I'm on my step dad is on my account, and my step dad is on my brother in law's account, so why the hell did they wipe me out? Logically, they should have taken my step dad's money, since he's the one connected to the overdrawn account. I just went in to the local branch to argue my point. Their reaction was a pitiful look and the phrase "It's a tough lesson to learn".

Not once was my step dad or I notified about what was happening. In fact, my account showed that the money was moved via a telephone transfer! My step dad and I had to call customer service 5 TIMES to finally get a straight answer as to who took every last cent.

As a result, Well Fargo lost every account my family had with them (a total of 12 accounts). I'm definitely shouting this story from the roof tops, and can only hope that this joke of a financial institution wises up to the fact that customer's are not WF's personal piggy banks!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   GI_DUANE 0 Votes
They ripped me off, too! I kept a line of credit with them for emergency only. I did not use the checking account associated with it. Needless to say, I spent part of November calling in to get $25 annual and $10 overdraft fees refunded (to no avail) then worked with a rep to get the line of credit paid off so I could just close the account. (Did you know when closing your account after annual fees post they don't refund annual fees anymore? ) SO, I had the rep on the phone telling me exactly how much interest was due. I paid the interest with him on the phone.

Not the end of story. December rolls around and I get an email that my empty checking account was charged $25 to pay a monthly line of credit payment, resulted in another $10 overdraft fee and I was paying interest on $300 transferred from the line of credit (which I had just paid off with a rep on the phone!).

I called Wells Fargo after receiving an email and they determined I sent too much toward principle, not enough to interest. I ended up with an $0.11 CREDIT on princple and a $0.11 debit on the interest. Yes, 11 cents cost me another $10 plus 27 cents in interest. Highway Robbery! You would think the system would have picked up on that, but it didn't. Based on what the system showed, you would think the HUMANS at Wells Fargo would understand and refund the overdraft fees. They didn't. Even though I had a credit to balance the debit on the SAME line of credit account, they couldn't see their way clear to refunding the overdraft fee. THIS AFTER I JUST PAID THEM $35 plus interest for a $25 annual fee on an account I don't even use!!!

I've had an account with Wells Fargo for 20+ years; I'm an Army soldier; I work as a financial services technician for the federal government and I am closing my Wells Fargo account immediately.
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   Thaux 0 Votes
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but my wife has begone to write down our account balances at night.  In the morning she has started to notice a small difference in the account total.s  60 dollars here, 40 dollars there mission.  No statements showing were the money is going.  We got a credit of 42 dollars paided back to us and it never showed up in our accounts.  Were did the money go?  We are closing all four accounts and seeking a new bank.  Don't even get the wife and I started on the 35 dollar over draft scam.
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   wells fargo are thieves 0 Votes
wells fargo closed my account without my knowledge and stole $20 that i had in my account.this happend today march 18 2011.im upset.come to find out they swindled 2 of my co-workers as well.their full of trick's.
WATCH OUT.your money is not safe with them!
 15th of May, 2011 by   onegoodgirl! 0 Votes
my daughters colledge fund account was depleated to 1 cent! They said I had overdraft fees and didn't have enough in the accoun to cover the charges! Liers! I have overdraft protection and had 17000 in my savings accont! 900 bucks in overdraft fees were charged to my account! I travel for work and didn't get my sttement for 3 months. Wow! Thanks wells fargo for messing with my 3 yr olds colledge fund. OH and to top it off when I went in to complain they took off 2 of my overdraft fees and put them on my kids account and charged her 50 bucks for having less than 300 in her account! She is 3 and has a collection company sending her letters now! And this is on HER CREDIT!

How to Avoid Grocery Scams