logo

Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
3. (2 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.
4. (19 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Awful experience

Welcome Wagon Move
welcomewagon.com
Watch out for the Welcome Wagon reps! First off - they claim to mail out a variety of direct mail pieces to new homeowners. (wow, are new homeowners such a thing in this economy?) They DO NOT mail out anything they claim to tell local businesses that they do. I am a former employee of WW and they again are nothing but fraudulent and full of lies. Three times a week we would have meetings and we were told some very creative, crafty lies to come up with to tell our current clients who are up for renewal. There were lots of laughs going on my the district managers as they came up with a unique lie to teach us. It was sickening what we were told to say to our both existing clients and those potential ones. They also (being based out of NY) failed to legally pay their sales reps 100% of all expenses pursuant to CA labor codes. They are facing a sizable class action suit. What's even more unfortunate is that each and every week, meetings take place where managers firmly mandate lies to be used in the field. I used to feel so horrible even listening to these managers come up with such unethical practices. I've never in my life seen a company operate to this degree. They are by far worse than your typical "used car" salesman! Avoid doing business with Welcome Wagon at all costs. YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT. RUN, RUN, RUN ... You'll be money ahead~!
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Nov, 2008 by   denise 0 Votes
I do not know what size the chip on your shoulder is and how it got there but you are sooo wrong. I have worked for Welcome Wagon for 7 years and have NEVER been told to lie to any partner or embelish any of our products. It is true that recently we have changed our program to include all movers, including renters and not just new "homebuyers" to an area, but when this change was implimented we were given new sales tools to convey to the merchants that new movers spend as much money as new movers to an area. This is not a lie, it is the truth. If this is misrepresentation then you have a problem with understanding marketing. Obviously, you had a bad experience with our company and it obvoiusly is not a job meant for you. I have had several advertising sales jobs and by far Welcome Wagon has been the most generous with their commision schedule and actually most advertising jobs are considered "independent Contractor" positions and do not even include expenses. Is our company perfect, no, not in all aspects, all companies have rules that we do not always agree with, but as far as representation of a product I stand behind what I say. As far as a company, Welcome Wagon reps are some of the finest people that I have ever known, when times were tough after the hurricanes a few years ago they banded together to send donations and we consider each other as family. Some of our reps have been with the company for over 28 years. Would they stay with a company that steals and cheats their employees? I don't think so. I do not know your situation and perhaps you had a manager that lacked the special skills that my manager has. I hope that you find something better, but honestly, this is one of the best opportunities out there for both the Account executives and the clients that use our program to its fullest potential.

And by the way, I used to sell Mobile Homes and used cars and you are wrong !!!
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   john 0 Votes
I was a Distric Manager for WW for 4 years. I would never encorage anyone working for me to lie or mislead anyone about the WW products and services! It was the truth and nothing but the truth every time. Now with that being said the reps were selling the program honestly-it was the company that was failing not only the reps but the customer. The people in the field are sincere hard working individuals that care about helping the businesses thet call on. Now what abou the company: it is now nearly bankrupt- it has laid off haklf of it's sales force-the managers and VP's. The only Vp worth a damm was fired -Jon Henderson, the remaining employees are smoking "Hopium" hoping that the company will be sold my "Move" asap.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   LoveWelcomeWagon 0 Votes
Thank you for the last 2 positive posts. I have been a WW Marketing Consultant for over 3 to 4 years. Time flies and I don't keep track of how long I have been representing this Company, Sponsors and New Movers. This has been the most rewarding job that I have ever had. The Negative post above is soooo wrong. I have called so many new ladies off of the lists and they appreciated their Housewarming Gift and gave me suggestions for future Movers. So, as a thought, where do you get your data unless you called these New Movers like I did???? Did you contact them? I love Welcome Wagon!!!
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   n daniel 0 Votes
I signed a six month contract with Welcome Wagon in August of 2011. I let them know well in advance several times that I did not wish to renew when my contract expired in February of 2012. I received absolutely no return on my investment. Therefore, I saw no need to continue advertising with them. My checking account has been automatically drafted $156.00 every month since my contract expired. Every month I have to call my bank and have the money put back in my account. Every month I call Welcome Wagon and they tell me that my account is definitely closed. I do not understand why they continue to draft money out of my account when my account is closed. Maybe one of you employees could explain that to me.

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees