logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
2. (4 mins ago)
OmanAir
refund
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

A EXTORTION FROM WEEDMAN

1404937228@qq.com
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada
PLEASE PLEASE SPEND ONE MINUTE TO READ THIS!!!

I also have the same problem with this WeedMan company, It started on this Febuary when my parents received a bill of $144 dollars from WeedMan, the letter says a fertilizing service has been done on my grass. but the bill is on my sister's name who had been moved out 3 years ago. I thought this company must make a mistake or anything. so I discarded the bill and threw it away.

But just right after a month I received another bill for $80 dollars it says a pesticide service had been done to my grass. since nobody in this house have ordered any landscaping service from any company, not my parents for sure because they don't speak any english at all. beside I have a very small size lawn (about 120 square feet) we always take care of it ourself, sometime I even helped my neighbor to cut his grass when he came back to his country for visiting.

I decided to call WeeMan and explaint to them we have never authorized any of service from WeedMan, but they admitted they did do a free lawn service for advertisement, because we did't responsed to their free service, they assumed we needed their serviced again, so they started do more serviced to our lawn with an "automaticaly authorization and billed us.

I was very angry. I told them I never call for any service, and I won't give a damn about the bills. and she said she will talk to the manager and see what he says and will call me back tomorrow. but she never called back.

I thought WeedMan had awared they made mistakes, and this matter is over, but I was wrong. regardless I did't pay the first 2 bills WeedMan keep sending bills to my house in the next six months and said they have serviced our lawn for another 4 times that none of my family witnessed any of the WeedMan guys worked on the lawn (maybe we were at worked when they showed up at my house). now the bill come to a new total of $477 dollars!!!. and WeedMan started to call the house for the late payments

Finally, I decided to pay a visit to the Company I talked to one of the employee who worked in the account receivable. I explainted to her that my familly never called for any service from them, and asked her for a copy of the work order or any contracts that any ot my family member had signed, but she couldn't provide me any of that . and she just answer me briefly that it is too late, they have done services and I have to pay the bills. And they will get the loan collection company after us, will make us to pay the bills. WHAT KIND OF THE COMPANY IS THAT!!!. ARE WE IN CANADA?????

Since that day WeedMan had called that house frequently and threated to get the loan collection company after us. I Mom was too scared and cried, in her mind, the loan companies are bad companies which operated by gang, who will bring weapon to your door and threat you to pay them. maybe she watched too much TV.

Regardless what my Mom thinks, I realized this is serious matter, THIS IS A SCAM, AND AN EXTORTION isn't it. I took my Mom to the City Hall, and even I brought her to the Police Station to seek helps, but they were so helpless, just adviced us to get a lawyer.

This matter is still not solved, I am urging anyone here who is also been throught the same problem and still a victim of the WeedMan scam, please please contact me(1404937228@qq.com), My name is Arron give me some advices or maybe we can worked together to bring ourself justice.

1404937228@qq.com
Comments Canada Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2009 by   Cuttingand Mowing 0 Votes
So.. let me get this straight, they come to your house, and you threw the bill out. You didnt call and cancel. They then come again, probably with the assumption that everything is good and you are on a program with them. You again do nothing but throw the bill in the garbage. after the third bill you call and complain but don't follow up. They continue to do services all year long and take care of your lawn, and you dont say anything. Then the company would like to get paid fo the services they did? Wow.. well If I amthem I would be asking for the first services to be paid or to meet somewhere in the middle but i sure as hell wouldn't just write it off. IF there was a mistake fine, but to allow them to continue to do services all year makes me think that you just wanted free lawncare. I am not saying they are right and you are wrong, but i own a small lawn cutting business, and if there was mis understanding after the first invoice I would be alot more likely to write it off, then if the customer didnt say anything for half the year, then tried to say he didn't order it.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   Johnboy2010 +1 Votes
Thanks, wish we could band together and bring these extortionists to justice, Ive had the same basic problem, obviously this is not isolated incident out of one outlet seeing the locations are spread across province (Im in Ottawa) Apparently this is a corporate stategy well thought out to extort people of their hard earned money. (thankfully I never left a credit card #).
They (apprently) applied a grub treatment on my lawn, which I had on three ocassions over the phone refused, then billed me for it, eventually said the would remove from bill but then sent it to a collection agency to ruin my credit rating if I didnt pay.
I lodged complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Id urge others to do so. Im not sure how much good it will do except hopefully stop others from using and being extorted by Weedman as their obviously run by bunch of criminals.
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Fallahi 0 Votes
The same story has happened for me. Weedman has called me this summer that I should pay them for the service that they had provided in my previous address that use to rent last year! I have never called them and I was not even aware of existence of such company until they asked me for money. Funny enough that I have never received any bills when I lived in the previous rental house!
After several phone calls, now they have threatened me to contact a collection agency.
Reading above articles realizing that Weedman is such a shameful company that has founded on fraud and scam business.
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   Johnboy2010 0 Votes
Im sure their related to Dalton McGuinty somehow
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   SKhan 0 Votes
Weedman is a scam.. I am getting calls from collection agency for service that was not rendered to me.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Bob Cervelli 0 Votes
I live in Johns Creek, Georgia and I too have a nightmare experience with Weed Man. First, they call me and tell me that they are offering two free treatments to get rid of the rye grass in my front lawn and IF I liked their service they would continue with two more treatments. They came to my house and not only killed the weeds in my lawn, but also killed a mature rose bush that I had out by my mailbox for over eight years. I called to complain and not to continue with any more treatments. They told me they would send someone out to replace the bush. Then I started getting bills and phone calls for money that I owed them. I keep telling them I did not authorize any further treatments after the first treatment and they needed to replace the rose bush. On two other occasions they were going to come out and replace the bush. This has been going on for over 6 months now. When you ask the representatives to look at the notes on their computers, they say they have no record of any of this. Tonight they called again demanding payment so I demanded they pay me $150.00 to replace the bush and for my wasted time dealing with all this not to mention the day I took off from work waiting on one of their representatives to come replace the bush. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! Would rather deal with more well known company then these fly by night scammers!
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   springmasterscanada440 0 Votes
i have massive issues with weedman they steal our jobs they and stop us from making money and like fuck we prebook someone and they steal it weedman is not insured so if their worker gets hurt on your properity its your problem now if a spring masters worker gets hurt on you lawn we are covered by insurance so you wont be sued who would you go with
 10th of May, 2011 by   ShaimaA 0 Votes
i am going through the same problem for my moms house. she never got into any contract with them but they kept showing up. we called to cancel but they didnt stop coming over. now they sent us to the collections. i really dont know what to do at this point!
 25th of May, 2011 by   OntConsumer 0 Votes
Hi, I managed to weed out Weed Man (that is, to cancel Weed Man services) by sending them a registered letter explaining that I made a verbal over-the-phone agreement with them, but they failed to provide their phone number (they did fail to provide the phone number) and, according to 2002 Consumer Protection Act, I can cancel the remote verbal agreement. Below, the relevant sections of the Consumer Protection Act and Regulations are copied:

47. (1) A consumer may cancel a remote agreement at any time from the date the agreement is entered into until seven days after the consumer receives a copy of the agreement if the supplier fails to comply with section 45. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 47 (1).
(Consumer Protection Act, 2002, section 47(1))
45. Before a consumer enters into a remote agreement, the supplier shall disclose the prescribed information to the consumer and shall satisfy the prescribed requirements. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 45.
(Consumer Protection Act, 2002, section 45)
37. (1) For the purpose of section 45 of the Act, the information that the supplier shall disclose to the consumer before the consumer enters into a remote agreement is:
...
2. The telephone number of the supplier and, if the consumer is required to deal with the supplier at particular premises, the address of the premises at which the consumer is required to deal with the supplier... .
(Consumer Protection Act, 2002, Ontario Regulation 17/05)

So, study Consumer Protection Act, cite relevant sections, and that should take care of the problem. If you need help, contact a local Consumer Affairs Office (for Canada) at:

Hope that helps
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   The Hartman family 0 Votes
Weed Man is a scam company! Do not use them. We used them last year and we were not at all happy with our lawn. We canceled our service before the last treatments. From the Fall on we kept getting calls and postcards about coming back. I told them I was not interested, not only because I was not happy with their service, but that we would be putting our house up for sale and would no longer need a service. They said ok and left us alone, until March 15, 2011. They called and left a message and said they would be out the next day to provide our first 2011 fertilizing service. My boyfriend called that night and said to not come out the next day to service our lawn because we no longer want their service. Well, as you might imagine, they came out anyway and then left us a bill. I called and complained and of course they said they didn't get the message in time. So, I sent the bill back with a note explaining all of the clues I gave them that we no longer wanted their service and I didn't hear from them. Now, June 23, 2011 I get a bill for $47.80, saying that my bill is seriously past due and that I better pay it or they'll have to send it to a collection agency after 12/31/11. I called and spoke to the owner and he seriously must be a criminal, because he just doesn't get it! He said that they come out automatically, even when you don't tell them or agree to it, because that is what consumers usually want. Is he serious?????? Since when should we have to pay for a service that we in so many chances didn't choose to say yes to!!! I told him that if I wanted their service I would have called and scheduled it, sent one of the 20 postcards back, and I wouldn't have anwered one of the million phone calls to tell them I didn't want it. He said that avoiding all of their postcards and calls doesn't tell them that a customer is not interested! This guy is ridiculous! In the end, he offered to split the bill with me and go our seperate ways. I angrily agreed and hung up, but I am still not satisfied. I think I'm going to call the BBB, because this is a lot like extortion, especially when they threatened to taint your credit by sending a notice to a bill collection agency. I want to also warn others never to go with them for service, because even if you cancel, they'll still come and do services and charge you. I think I will make posters to hang all around my neighborhood to warn my development of this scamming company. That's legal, right?? I have to do something to save others from this company.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Former employes 0 Votes
I used to work there. They underpay and overwork their staff as well. We were paid on commission and had to work at a a pace which made it impossible to do a decent job. I can't tell you the number of lawns that i saw destroyed. They also let employees who had not undergone the necessary training (an exam must be passed) handle chemicals. These employees were not warned about the danger of using Dycamba. I witnessed some of these guys come with their socks saturated in the stuff, This companys claims to have regards for the environment is completely false as they don't even have regards for their own employees safety. The trucks are also in terrible condition, i witnessed one loose control on the highway after the employee had expressed concern about the vehicles condition. I could go on all day about the blatant irresponsibility of Weedman towards its customers, employees and the environment...
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Former employes 0 Votes
(former employee)
 25th of Sep, 2012 by   carsonra 0 Votes
We have been called every few hours by weed man they do not say anything but they do constantly call you.

1-905-561-1483

The call about six times a day We are on the no call list they dis- regard the no call list and call any way. I have tried to get them to take our number off their calling list they tell me they will do that but I get an increase of calls after complaints to the company. I am frustrated with them. Both my father and I want the phone calls to stop.
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   Paul49 0 Votes
2012 has been a nightmare of bad business practices for the Weedman.
I have called to say to them that there lawn services was not required but I would be in touch.
They send out someone while I was away my wife did not know about it. Hence upon my return they misplaced my previous conversation and its details. And have now billme for services I had not agreed too! All because I have used them in the past. How does that constitute a contract?
 6th of Feb, 2014 by   Weed Man Rip Off 0 Votes
This is without a doubt the worst group of people and organization I have ever dealt with in my life, they are like thier name... A BAD WEED that are impossible to deal with.

They have been criminally charged by the government of Canada and fined $200, 000 for violations of the CRTC act.

Everyone needs to continue to write bad reviews and tell everyone that you encounter about their bad business behaviours and practices.

Tips to Radically Reduce Restaurant Checks