logo

2. (30 mins ago)
scammers exposed
SCAMMERS
3. (30 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
4. (30 mins ago)
ID Chief
Just a question
5. (30 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

No refund

WebWatcher
webwatcherkids.com
I've always had trouble with WebWatcher. I wanted some software to block ***.It Never worked well and is difficult, also support stinks. I tried an Upgrade for $46.95 and it was a disaster. I called to cancel the same day. Well within their generous 5 day trial. I was told to send trouble ticket and did so twice actually. I have called, E-mailed, chat line, etc... No refund!!! I put in a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau). So I am tiring from this battle for my refund, but will continue. I will not go down without a fight. Also they are expensive.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jul, 2008 by   Andrew Wells -1 Votes
We show no listing in our database for the name of the person here.

There is no upgrade for the price quoted. If they were within the refund period, we would have issued it according to our policy located at www.awarenesstech.com/refundpolicy.html.

Our support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is always free and unlimited. We even have remote techs available who can connect to the customer's computer, diagnose and fix any issues instantly.

I have sent an email to this person and will personally assist them with their issues, if in fact they are a customer.

Andrew Wells
Vice President, Consumer Sales
www.webwatchernow.com
www.laptopcopsoftware.com
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   cc +1 Votes
purchased 3.0 and get an error after year use Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'mv' does not exist in the current context. In the FAQ they claim there is no need to upgrade, ever but am told I need to upgrade...there crooks.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   Vince +1 Votes
Awareness Technologies is a total scam. Their software is terrible. They fix one thing and break many other things. The web interface is constantly changing and is ALWAYS filled with useless and unusable features and bugs. The software is NOT secure despite them telling you it uses 128-bit "bank standard" encryption, whatever the heck that means. If they mean https, that's crap and it's not secure as the data isn't encrypted at the system level! Above and beyond that, the software is filled with memory leaks, freezes up my computer and even caused me to reformat my system.

Oh, and the company's method of telling you it's free for a lifetime one year, then telling you that you have to pay for upgrades the next year is a total scam. I spoke with some tech guy named Rick or Rich, he was unbelievably impatient and rude. I've had it to my neck with their company and software.

The software is a piece of shit. I agree with the poster.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   critical mass 0 Votes
I have not had an issue with the software. My computer works as normal and the software is totally invisible.

Yes, they do change the web interface now and then, but that is no big deal to me.

Seem the product works as advertised for me.

I have no experience with the tech support as I have not needed it.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Fooled Again 0 Votes
New user of Webwatcher; the keystroke feature is unreliable and seems to stop working at critical periods. The Chat help simply regurgitates scripts about a governor being used to delay transmission, but I have large gaps in my log. When you try to get help, they say you must be at the target machine which is not always practical. When you ask them to check their servers and refresh the data sent to your machine in the hope of finding missing keystrokes, they tell you they "can't" which is BS, they simply don't want to.

Otherwise, seems to work as advertised.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   Anonymous~ 0 Votes
Let me start out by saying that this "software" is CRAP!

Maybe the features do work in an ideal situation, but only a fraction(if any) users have such a situation.

I have yet to find an antivirus program that doesn't immediately remove Webwatcher immediately.

I agree 100% with the poster.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   Martin Thomas 0 Votes
I purchased WebWatcher back in late 2008. Their site stated VERY CLEARLY that for a ONE TIME PAYMENT OF $106.95 US Dollars would get you LIFETIME use with no extra charges.

Now I am told I need to pay for upgrades constantly and soon my purchase of 5.0 will stop working completely unless I upgrade. What happened to the ONE TIME CHARGE for LIFETIME usage?

This company is a scam. They attempt to lure you in and then charge extra for upgrades. Upgrades that are called for at least 2 or 3 times a month it seems. THAT IS CRAZY and not good business sense to OUTRIGHT LIE and not abide by their contract which I went into with good faith.
 5th of May, 2010 by   ~~Anonymous~~ 0 Votes
Personally, I have had ENOUGH with this upgrades scam. Every year or so "Just pay $70 to upgrade"! What's this? I already spent $100 on what was supposed to be a LIFETIME product. They act as if these are just upgrades. Of course, they are not really upgrades when another email comes by with "We no longer support your version". Basically the company uses them as a subscription.
Even if you spend $100 and $70 per year, this program is detected with standard antivirus. No wonder, though, since it is essentially a ROOTKIT.
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   webwatcher_scam 0 Votes
I bought webwatcher one year ago. It did not work with MSN 2011, so I had to downgrade MSN to use it. It worked to some extend, but it only recorded fragments of MSN conversations.

Now, after one year my license suddenly expired. I asked them why, because they sold me a lifetime basic license when I bought it. No answer, other than that they confirm that my license has expired. They changed the license policy from lifetime to one year after I bought the product. You can still find the old license policy on some sites when you google for "webwatcher license" .

e.g. Q. Are there yearly renewal fees? A. No. Once you purchase WebWatcher it's yours for life.

I call this a scam. They cannot change the license terms after they sold the product. They can for new customers, but then they need to make a clear statement that the product is sold with a one year license. When you buy webwatcher from their website, there is no license information whatsoever that states that the $97 is only good for one year.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. I agree that their strategy is to lure people in and then charge them with unexpected charges to keep it working.

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees