logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
pharma-mart.com
I got scammed by them, post a complaint on eroids and got banned for it and my order deleted
2. (1 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
3. (9 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
4. (11 mins ago)
tyhermenlisahair
tyhermenlisahair
5. (25 mins ago)
Jdshoes Shopping
Seller didn’t communicate and no info about order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

webuyanycar.com Complaints & Reviews - Dishonest

webuyanycar.com Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-08-04 by    notalr

Dishonest

webuyanycar.com
On Friday July 30, 2011, I entered information about my 2002 Chevrolet Cavaliere on webuyanycar.com's website. I intentionally undersold the car – conservatively identifying it as in FAIR condition - NOT good or excellent. The car had just passed PA inspections only weeks earlier. I received a quote of $1160. This quote was about half of the Kelly Blue Book value, but I wanted the convenience of selling my car quickly and reluctantly agreed to sell it at this “low-ball” price. My wife and I arrived the next day at the Pittsburgh branch in Plum, PA. A representative named Seth politely welcomed us and inspected the car, noting every possible flaw. He acknowledged that all of these were minor (i.e., tiny rust spot on hood, around gas cap cover, etc.). He entered all of this information on the computer and then made me an offer of $845 – almost 30% less than what I was quoted! I responded, “I did not misrepresent this car. Nothing you found in your inspection is inconsistent with how I represented the car. I listed it as in FAIR condition.” He responded, “But that doesn't include necessary reconditioning.” I said, “No thank you, I'll not be dealing here.” I felt the entire process was misleading. The company lures customers in with quotes and then finds reasons to lower the price even more – even if customers already accurately listed the condition of the car. If I had listed the car in excellent condition, it would have been reasonable to knock $300 - $400 off the price. However, I purposely listed it in FAIR condition. Of course this company's website includes many glowing testimonials. Not surprising is the fact that they conveniently exclude complaints from unsatisfied customers. I have since discovered others who have had very bad experiences with webuyanycar.com. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2011 by   webuyanycar.com 0 Votes
Misunderstanding of Process

Dear notalr,

Thank you for the feedback. We also had feedback from our branch manager that was very concerned that we were not able to completely satisfy you regarding the purchase of your car.

It is our goal at webuyanycar.com to completely satisfy all of our customers and sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Regarding the condition of the vehicle, we allow the customer the opportunity to self-evaluate the overall condition of their vehicle by going through each panel of the car on-line using our interactive re-conditioning appraisal tool and highlighting any additional wear and tear or damage. The area of FAIR that you described on your vehicle related to the interior and mechanical condition of the vehicle only and not the overall condition which includes the exterior.

Your feedback is extremely important and we will take it into consideration. We also want to ensure you that we have a process that is as transparent as possible to customers and incredibly easy to navigate through. We are also clear on webuyanycar.com that all purchases are subject to an in branch inspection.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and feel free to contact us directly at questions@webuyanycar.com if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Sincerely,
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   joey21011 0 Votes
same problem here, we have a 1996 mercedes s320 in good condition, ...listed it as fair condition and got a quote for 1610.00. at the willow grove location the rep embarresed himself and the new guy he was training by offering us 215.00. what a joke i will tell everyone i know not to deal with these crooks, ...already posted on my facebook and my wifes and sons fb. heard some really interesting replies. they will be closed in a year. total rippoffs.
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   grahpet 0 Votes
I live in Australia and the webuyanycar here has just ripped off hundreds of innocent people. They took hundreds of cars and did not pay a cent after their agreement of paying after 10 business days. No one got paid for their cars and no one got their cars back. The company has now gone into insolvency and hundreds people will never get their money or cars back. Webuyanycars is untrustworthy and are criminals.
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   grahpet 0 Votes
Please disregard the above comments from me as I have just found out that the Australian company has nothing to do with the UK and US companies. Sorry for the post!
 10th of Aug, 2012 by   classylady1020 0 Votes
i took my 2003 lincoln navigator to the essington location...i was quoted 8000.00 on the phone but 7340...but when i got there and they did an inspection on my vehicle i was told that it would take 4131.00 to give me a new paint job...a new handle on the passenger side, a passenger side mirror and to unlock my trunk and to put freon for the ac..after all the deduction i would get a check for 2200.00...WHAT A RIP OFF.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   John F Czernik 0 Votes
Sept 13, I did a valuation on my wifes 2009 Subaru Outback and got a quote of $18, 013.00 which at the time I thought was a little high, but because of a title problem I was not able to take it to the Philadelphia branch on Essington Ave that day. After the title problem was resolved by monday Sept 24, I rechecked the valuation on my Subaru and discovered it had come down to $16, 895. I called and spoke to branch manager Anthony Johnson and asked why the devaluation of over a thousand dollars in such a short time. He told me it was a corporate decision and that he could call to find out and give me call back, which he did. The lower price was due to three Subarus that sold in the area for less than my valuation. I took him on his word, that he had called corporate and was telling me the truth, but I did ask him if this was a scam and if the price would drop again by the time it would take me to drive there. He became very defensive said " sometimes we pay more than the valuation ". After some thought, I decided that the second quote was still fair so I made an appointment for wednesday Sept. 26 at 11:30 am. I rechecked the valuation on tueday the 25 th and found it to be same. My wife took off work on wednesday and we drove to the branch in Philly. Mr. Johnson was not there, but another gentlemen was in an office doing business with another man who left without a check for his car and told to come back in an hour. When it was our turn, we went in, sat down, he asked to see the title, and then looked at his computer screen. Without even looking at our car, he said the best he could due was $15, 500.00. I stood up said " this is a scam" which he denied and my wife and I left in our Subaru. My opinion is that this outfit preys on the individuals who are in need of quick cash.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   Sean Steding 0 Votes
If you are addicted to drugs and you are selling all off your worldly possessions for pennies Webuyanycar is the place for you. However thank god I am not? I recently bought a Volvo s60 and wanted to get rid of it to make space due to the sale of our vacation home. I was juggling 5 cars in the driveway. I paid 8300 5 months ago, blubook was slightly higher. Webuyanycar's web site offered 4675. Since it was more a need for space than money it seemed convenient enough. Volvo just evaluated my vehicle only a month ago. The car is nice and clean @ 57000 miles. I was told it has a bad transmission and offered 1800, hmmm dog poo on a spoon does not taste like chocolate. You can't make me think it. DON'T GO THERE. THE TRANNY IS FINE dog poo is shit...
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   Satisfied/Convenient in PA 0 Votes
I was interested in getting out from under a sports car. This was a second vehicle for me that was not practical and had a monthly car payment of $230.xx every month for the next 3.5 years. My 350z has low miles. I received an immediate free quote from www.webuyanycar.com and made an appointment in their Emmaus, PA (USA) branch for a Saturday. I did have a car loan that all my plan was to break even and get out from underneath it. I took the car to the unsite location, they did a thorough inspection on everything from windows to motor to paint thickness to tire thickness. They offered me $1000.00 less than owed on the lien. I paid the difference with a credit car (visa) and left that day with them having the keys and me having my license plate in hand. Signed all the paperwork on site. Today is Wed. I received an email notification that the payoff amount was received by my credit union via fex ex and my balance is now showing zero at the bank. Again, My initial goal was to break even and get out from underneath this monthly payment and get rid of the car. My goal was accomplished. Andrew Kim--branch manager helped me through the whole process and answered every question I had. I left there feeling stress was lifted. I would refer this place to everyone.
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   common craig 0 Votes
i bring my ford cargo van to webuyanycars.com on two month ago, the guy who's name Don or something, this stupid guy told me my van are missing the speaker on rear door. i got shock that the cargo van never come with this option, he really acting like a dump try use this point to cut my price. i am strongly recommend to avoid this bullsh*t company, they do not buy any car, they only buy your car for ridiculious cheap price.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Yasser L 0 Votes
I got a quote of $1500 for a 4x4 Isuzu Rodeo. I know that they were not gonna give me that much, I thought I would get $1300 in the worst case, because it has a dent on the roof. The dent is a $75 repair at local body shop. The guy tried to tell me that they were gonna spend tons of money on the car before they sell it, so they can only give me $105. I was not obligated to sell, but the waist of time and the insult of telling me that my V6/ 4x4 in very fair condition is worthless, as if I was selling the car for crack!
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   JimJenks 0 Votes
I took my truck in today. It was valued at 11, 400 on the evaluator sight, however the quote was much lower $8500. The only reason he gave for the deductions was the after market parts had to be deducted. I am convinced all these we buy car places are nothing but pawn shops in disguise. These places are for the desperate, no offense to anyone reading this.
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   cattails 0 Votes
I took my mother's 1996 Mercury Sable to the Willow Grove branch. The car was extremely clean, minor exterior paint flaw and a ding would cost $300 for a "pop out", buff & complete paint job @ Maaco. As is, the car evaluator quoted $2400. WBAC online quote was $1245. As for their online system, maybe it was because I was using the Android version, but, not only was there no option for a "panel to panel" review, I kept being referred to a branch quite a distance away, not the closest to my home. At the appointment, aside from the above I was told there was a "tiny rust area on the driver's side of the hood". Maybe with a magnifying glass and the nifty little meter they use, but I call it manufacturing something they can use as a deduction. The final offer was $305. Really? A $940 administration fee. This company is for people who are desperate for one reason or another and need to be rid of a car as fast as possible. Unfortunately, in this economy, there are many out there to prey on. STAY AWAY
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   JimJenks 0 Votes
AGAIN, THEY ARE ALL LIKE A PAWN SHOP
 4th of Apr, 2013 by   Mberginc 0 Votes
Plum Pa branch, Mike Madonno

This business is a complete scam, preying on people who need money, unfortunately for them I do not need it so much . Terrible experience from beginning to end, sub par facility and staff. If your branch manager mike Madonno was going for the grimey used car salesman look he nailed it from his yellow ( white) dress shirt, to his pinned striped suit pants with a hole in them . False advertisement they lure you in on an Internet quote at offer you half at face .. Better business bureau will be notified by me personally.
Matt Berginc
 29th of Sep, 2013 by   Tranchy 0 Votes
Never have I been so insulted. I tried to trade in my 2003 Tbird and was given a computer quote of near 15000 only to have some dishonest rep offered me 10400 at the dealer. This is a excellent condition garage kept car with 34000 miles on it. They said my car had rust and frame damage. What degenerate lying scumbags. They must think everyone is stupid. I am a PA certified master mechanic that just didn't want to deal with people on my limited time off. Boy, was I wrong. I left there in absolute shock. I took my car directly to my garage and put it on the lift. I took a rag and wiped off the "rust". What dirt bags. Imagine how many people they have taken advantage of. Thankfully this car is just a weekend toy and it wasn't a question of needing the money. They really could have screwed me for alot of money. How unscrupulous. Stay away from these people. They will take advantage of you!! Don't be their next victim!!!
 6th of Nov, 2013 by   iceman338 0 Votes
this company will be reported to philadelphia chamber of comence and we all need to call the philadelphia DA and file a complaint. webuyanycar is a scam. what will probably happen they will more to another town. they need to be from the USA.
 30th of Mar, 2014 by   captain america 1 0 Votes
after reading these complaints, i would never do business with this company, nor would i recommend it to anyone. and by the way, the commercials are very annoying.

Consumer Tips: Secure Personal Information