logo

Hallmark channel
closed-captioning
3. (42 mins ago)
vpfashion.com
The bad-quality and not recommended seller
4. (44 mins ago)
Dog Breeder
bad breeder
5. (46 mins ago)
DS GROUP LLC
Company steals from me and impossible to reach them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

CANCEL ME THEN CHARGE DOUBLE

WEBROOT ANTI VIRUS SPYWARE
COLORADO
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND "BAIT AND SWITCH" SALES TACTICS
On a 2008 trip out west, a Virus engulfed my laptop, at Best-Buy in Salt Lake City a full price Disk of Webroot and the Geek Squad saved the Day! When Renewal came August 2009, I found 50% the cost to buy new on-line, rather than renew on the internet, both from Webroot.com. Every time I called their Telephone Line to clarify a question on the already purchased deal, or typed a question to the Online Contact on the previously purchased deal, Webroot Staff CANCELLED MY 30-50% OFF DEAL and then charged me full price and played "Games" with me. This is customer service at it's lowest point and a solid example of the illegal ploy of "Bait and Switch." The seller Baits the consumer with a low cost item, makes it "unavailable" at the time of purchase and pushes, then "swithches" to the exact same item but a higher priced product. Normal $59.99 for One Year Renewal.
Webrooet AntiVirus and AntiSpyware was 19.99, plus $15, 00 for the Second year for One Computer.
29.99, plus $15.00 for the Second year and $10.00 to include
3 Computers.
When I inquired if their offer allowed the $10.00 payment for 3 Computers additional, I was no longer allowed to keep any of my contracts, they canceled all items that I had purchased and refused to assist me unless at the highest cost. The $19.99 Cost was immediately removed from the Webroot Website upon cancellation of my $19.99 Two-Year Plan without my permission. How childish?

I do have copies of these cancelled accounts and photos of the flippant remarks in the e-mails from the Webroot Customer Service Person whom I contacted for clarification. When I asked if i could pay to add additional computers? He cancelled the contract. This text was photographed due to the inability to print or store these communications due to Webroots format.

The dialogue on the photos and written logs can be forwarded if needed.
Comments United States Antivirus Software
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Fake Check Fraud