logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
2. (15 mins ago)
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
3. (17 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die
4. (22 mins ago)
RUNS BIRD MILL
5. (24 mins ago)
Hangzhou DongGou Trade co ltd
Fraudulent supplier

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc., Timonium, Utah Complaints & Reviews - recent request for a account

Bill Me Later Contacts & Informations

Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.

Posted: 2012-01-22 by    KSutton

recent request for a account

PayPal - App Flow only
PO Box 5018
Timonium, Utah
Phone: ?
Received a letter stating: "this letter is in response to your request to open a Bill Me Later@ account on _________ in connection with a purchase at Pay Pal - App Flow Only. We regret we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reason: Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you. You do not need to respond to this letter. If, however, you have any questions about this services, please contact Bill Me Later at the above letter." First of all I never submitted anything to either company WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. or PayPal - App Flow Only 2) this letter gives no ability to contact them directly 3) it has a reference line with the number 1010106626 - 504990270000717 (Not sure what these numbers are) 4) I would like to know how the State of Maryland or Utah has not looked into this being I found several complaints praying on innocent people and not providing a direct contact information. I believe any letter of this nature should have the the applicable application attached. I would like a response it anything has been looked into regarding these multiple complaints and if you know what the reference numbers are for?
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Feb, 2012 by   omarane1 0 Votes
I just got the same letter, it stated I had applied for a Bill Me Later account through Express Scripts and the only number to contact is through Equifax, not WebBank, Bill Me Later, or Express Scripts. It all seems like a scam to scare people into buying a credit report to see what activity has occurred. Both WebBank and Bill Me Later (part of Paypal) should be reported for this.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   KMarieL 0 Votes
I also received this mysterious letter that reeks some sort of deceitful ploy. My 80 year old mother received one also, that says the same thing. I have never used paypal or bill me later, nor has my mother. I did respond by letter and am interested to see what sort of response I get. This could be quite an adventure. Here we go!
Good luck all!
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   mbonifant 0 Votes
I too received this letter with same wording but different account numbers. There is not a phone number to contact WebBank/Bill me Later back. Just to contact them at the above address which is a P O Box. I have not applied for any Bill me Later account nor have I made any purchases through PayPal for many may months. This smell of fraud.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   Tessie Marie Carden 0 Votes
I tried to order a gift on bill me later and was declined because I had called and said I thought someone had tried to get in my account from my email I changed my password. Yet I can get online with bill me later with my new password and yet Walmart has declined me for the second time by saying my order was declined. Icalled bill me later for second time and they said I had to reinstate my account.I have bought a lot of stuff at Walmart with billmelater.i have changed my password and my credit report is still good and I don't think I should be declined, because I do have an account with BML with a different password.if I am declined, please take bml off my credit report because the amount affects my credit score.this is in reference to 1199274186-504990800107057 my name is Tessie Carden
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   Citizen Kane 0 Votes
I also received the letter but within the same week I found out that I was a victim of identity theft and that this letter actually alerted me to all the other fraudulent cards that were out there in my name. These perps have all my personal information and opened up a Bill Me Later with Paypal as well as trying to do this with Toys R Us, via Bill Me Later. The Bill Me Later option is available on many sites including Ebay, etc. and this letter opened my eyes to help me fix the issue faster than if I didn't receive the letter.
Good luck to everyone and yes check your credit.
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   Elroboto 0 Votes
Ditto to all that. But 10 days before, on the same day they date the BML account, some how I was enrolled in a GE Capital Pay Pal credit card I never applied for. They sent me a letter saying the account needed a confirmation from me to open it due to fraud concerns. I also received a letter thanking me for enrolling in their fraud protection plan (ironic huh?) and the account was already billed $100 to cover this. I called and told them it was a bogus application and to delete the account. They agreed. But the next week I received their credit card and cut it up. Do I need Lifelock?

Bob in Ohio
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   Elroboto 0 Votes
Follow up to above. I also checked GE Capital for complaints and found this. GE Money Bank runs a usurious (26% APR) credit service linked with PayPal called "Smart Connect". In a scam apparently with PayPal's assistance, that line of credit is opened without authorization. When you buy something on e-Bay or with PayPal and are not careful to indicate you want the charge to go to your linked payment account EVERY time, PayPal defaults to Smart Connect. The example someone sent in said they had such a charge of $18 diverted w/o their knowledge. They received no confirmation for over a month until a letter demanding payment and now $32 more in interest, late fees, etc. Despite paying them off, it left a late payment on the customer's credit history that GE would not remove. Even if you don't get stung, since it is a turn down of a supposed credit application, it would seem to impact your credit rating. It's a shame since PayPal was rivaling VISA and MC as a prime source for retail credit. From now on I will never use it again until any link between them, Smart Connect, Bill Me Later, or their equivalents is severed. If a vendor only accepts only PayPal I will try to talk them into dropping it or just not buy from them.
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   Elroboto 0 Votes
Later, I checked GE Capital for complaints and found this. GE Money Bank runs a usurious (26% APR) credit service linked with PayPal called "Smart Connect". In a scam apparently with PayPal's assistance, that line of credit is opened without authorization, using your PayPal info on file. When you buy something on e-Bay say with PayPal and are not careful to indicate you want the charge to go to your linked payment account EVERY time, PayPal defaults to Smart Connect. The example someone sent in said they had such a charge of $18 diverted w/o their knowledge. They received no confirmation or bill for over a month until a letter demanding payment plus an additional $32 in interest, late fees, etc. arrived. Despite paying them off, it left a late payment on the customer's credit history that GE would not remove. It's a shame since PayPal was rivaling VISA and MC as a prime source for credit. From now on I will never use it again until they abolish any link with Smart Connect, Bill Me Later, or their equivalents. If a vendor only accepts PayPal I will try to talk them into dropping it or just not buy from them.
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   Elroboto 0 Votes
Follow up to above. Later, I checked GE Capital for complaints and found this. GE Money Bank runs a usurious (26% APR) credit service linked with PayPal called "Smart Connect". In a scam apparently with PayPal's assistance, that line of credit is opened without authorization, using your PayPal info on file. When you buy something on e-Bay say with PayPal and are not careful to indicate you want the charge to go to your linked payment account EVERY time, PayPal defaults to Smart Connect. The example someone sent in said they had such a charge of $18 diverted w/o their knowledge. They received no confirmation or bill for over a month until a letter demanding payment plus an additional $32 in interest, late fees, etc. arrived. Despite paying them off, it left a late payment on the customer's credit history that GE would not remove. It's a shame since PayPal was rivaling VISA and MC as a prime source for credit. From now on I will never use it again until they abolish any link with Smart Connect, Bill Me Later, or their equivalents. If a vendor only accepts only PayPal I will try to talk them into dropping it or just not buy from them.
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   NOT_AN_ASHLEY_CUSTOMER 0 Votes
Please visit http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com its the only, legit, annual credit check from the big three. Its easy. I check in January one company, May one company and July the other one, so I'm covered all year long. I got the ^^ above letter ^^ exactly like that TODAY Black Friday 2012.
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   NOT_AN_ASHLEY_CUSTOMER 0 Votes
ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT .COM the only free, legitimate, credit check site. I check equfax in Jan, TransUnion in May and Experian in Sept, so Im covered all year. I got the exact same letter. I think its from when the US Military health records were hacked, or paypal. I just checked and my data is solid. So, phew, avoided this SPEAR PHISHING scam...
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   Tony Dayrit 0 Votes
This is the letter that they sent me after applying for the newegg.com BML account. I just dont understand their reason for declining my application. I have a good credit score & this is what i got after trying to get a 6 mos financing. NO direct number to call to asked for the reason. Is this a legit bank????

Reference: 1236484124-621993101006703

Dear :___________________________

This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Newegg.com Preferred Account. We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons:
You do not need to respond to this letter. If, however, you have any questions about this service, please contact us at the above address.

Sincerely,
WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   SoCal Member 0 Votes
I got the same letter only mine said it was "in connection with a purchase of $544.92 at Apple." Well I never made any such purchase, do not own an Apple, am not interested in an Apple, and have no idea what this is all about of course. The stupid "reference number" is 32 characters long. This is clearly a phishing Scam hoping we will inquire and then give personal information to "clear the matter."
 7th of May, 2013 by   Lhd 0 Votes
My 16 year old son just recieved a letter from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later!!! How in the heck do we get ahold of them??? He is 16!!! Is anyone doing anything about this?? Who do we report this too?
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   Janet 575 0 Votes
I have received the same letter from webbank for bill me later. It states in connection with my apple account and the purchase of $1, 300.00. I have been a victim of identity theft and this letter is not bogus. They have tried to open numerous accts. online beside this one plus numerous credit cards. So be careful . I did put a fraud alert with credit bureaus. I just received a change of address also from the post office so everyone really be careful if you Re starting to get letters about applying for things because you too can be a victim of identity theft and its a nightmare. Post office change of address was done online and anyone can go back and change it again. Post office told me there is nothing they can do and they don't investigate. They won't even put a alert on your name and address to stop the change of address from happening again. Be careful!

Internet Safety - Protecting Against Identity Theft