Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Web listings inc., Niagara Falls, New York Complaints & Reviews - attempt to deceive me into believing that it is a bill for services rendered

Web listings inc. Contacts & Informations

Posted:

attempt to deceive me into believing that it is a bill for services rendered

1623 Military Rd. #926
Niagara Falls, New York
web-listings.net
I received an unsolicited single-page letter from this company, which is an obvious attempt to deceive me into believing that it is a bill for services rendered. The service that they are offering is ridiculous and can be easily accomplished for free on the internet. And, after a bit more research, I found that the internet address for Web Listings Inc. (www.web-listings.net) is very generic and there isn't any physical contact information. The mailing address is a P.O. box at a UPS store and there is no phone number and when I sent an message to the only email address listed, I did not receive a response. I also looked up the public ownership record for their website domain name (which is most likely how they found my contact information), but the it was registered to a different company that "protects the privacy of the domain registrant" located in Washington state. I called the number for that company

If you visit (http://www.jvfconsulting.com/blog/121/Website_Listing_Service_Fraud_Alert_Web_Listings_Inc.html) you can see a scanned copy of the "bill" and the comments at the bottom show that there have been many people who also had this sent to them.

Web listings inc.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I received the bill too. some guy called me several times to pay 65/-per year but I got doubt and started serching their complaints all over the place.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
they are trying to deceive me as well sending a page looking like a bill fraud!!!
 19th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
They are attempting to deceive me as well sending a page LOOKING like a bill for $85.00(RIDICULOUS BEHAVIOR from a company that was very pushy and would not take NO for a answer .I work with the public everyday and don't have time or patience to deal with IDIOTS, that were way to expensive and not truthful. I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from this company. I hope this helps others from getting RIPPED OFF or opens their eyes to how their company is being ran.You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
 24th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Received a bill for what appeared to be an annual website renewal. Nice try.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Isn't this mail fraud? We just got one of those too, and I about came unglued when I saw what it was.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
It says right on it "this is not a bill, this is a solicitation". It's just an ad, throw it out like you do all the rest.

Contact Us