logo

False Opinion Site

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Web Bank / Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Declined credit. I have perfect credit. Discrimination

Web Bank / Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later Contacts & Informations

Web Bank / Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later

Posted: 2011-04-28 by    duranduran12

Declined credit. I have perfect credit. Discrimination

Tiger Direct
Texas
I was told that I was pre approved for their line of credit. I filled the form and was denied. I had perfect credit but now I have a hard inquiry from them on my report. They lie and destroy credit. Lawsuit for false advertisment! Don't advertise if you can't deliver!
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Sep, 2011 by   John Prest 0 Votes
rrrr
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   John Prest +1 Votes
I recently received a letter from Bill Me Later in connection with a purchase of $518.49 at Walmart. I have never applied for any kind of such credit. I believe that some one is attempting fraud. Could you please help me in this matter. The reference # on you letter is as follows.
811260122 - 50499080010781

24th of Sep, 2011 by   gerrytru58 +1 Votes
I had the same issue as J Priest. A letter also came in the mail from Bill Me Later which stated "In connection with a purchase of 356.76 at Wal-Mart" It says "We regret that we were unable to approve you for this service at this time." I have reported it the Sheriffs Office, as a scam. The reference number is at it states in the latter i received.
816622004-504990100005894
The reference address is as it states on the letter is.
WebBank C/O Bill Me Later, Inc.
PO Box 5018
Timonium, MD 21094

If anyone can help me with the matter that i am having or had the same matter please help me.
G. Truex
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   nunshanky 0 Votes
I received two letters now, saying the same thing, with a webbank c/o bill me later inch, with an address of po box 5018 tomonium, MD 21094 saying I was denied because they did not have the correction information. What the heck?? Is this someone trying to use my name or someone trying to get me to write them?>
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   texasguy21 0 Votes
hey i got the same letter as J Priest, gerrytru, and nunshanky. did you guys ever get that cleared up?? i need help
 27th of Dec, 2011 by   Shelia 1 0 Votes
I applied for a bill me later on line. Was denied. I have a credit score of 816. Now I receive letter we regret that we were unable to approve you for the service reason.1. incomplete.2. inaccurate or the circumstance may have suggested that the purchase was note made by me. The letter they mailed me said if I had any questions contact the name above. No phone # just an address. I want to talk to some one now, How do I find a # .????? Can any one help me with a phone number??????? How long will it take to fix my credit now?
 19th of Aug, 2012 by   hanumanone 0 Votes
Well, add me to the growing list of people who have received a letter from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later. This one, interestingly, is sent to a combination of me and my husband's first names, saying the same b.s. all the other complaints above: "our records show that you requested a Bill Me Later account on 08/01/12 in conjunction with a purchase . . . and we regret we are unable to approve . . . etc. No such attempted purchase exists AND in this case, NO SUCH PERSON even exists, so, of course there's no credit to retrieve on this "person"...Has ANYONE had any answers or resolution with this??? I, too, called the number everyone else has called at Bill Me Later and was told everything was fine, but I don't think everything is fine when attempts at credit checks ARE happening and in this case, attempted with a name, that is, again, a combination of household member's names. grrrr...
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   questionablecontent 0 Votes
This sounds like someone may be sending out fake bill me later letters hoping someone will just pay the bill and not ask questions. It used to happen on Paypal when the site was new. I can tell you 100% if you have an account with GE (the bank that runs this credit line) you'll get an email saying why you were declined, you'll get a phone call if your account is delinquent. They always have their information on their website as well.

I opened my account and looked up the information to contact them. If you feel like someone is trying to fraudulently start an account in your name let them know, and then file a police report once BML confirms that it was someone else trying to use your info. Then send that police report to the Credit Bureas to prove that the credit line was NOT yours and you are a victim of Identity Fraud. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/index.html This link has a lot of good information.

If the accounts is still open, send letters (certified, return receipt is best) asking that the accounts be closed to BML as it is not yours. Include a copy of the police report and call it ID theft.

Toll Free Phone Number: 1-866-528-3733

Mailing Address:
Bill Me Later Correspondence
PO Box 2394
Omaha, NE 68103-2394

Hope this helps. BML is a reputable company and I hope that these scam artists using their business to get money will get caught.

Some Tips to Beat a Traffic Ticket