logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
US Cash Advance
Bogus Collections - Scammers!!!
2. (12 mins ago)
Self
What is the meaning of a shelter?
3. (27 mins ago)
prize
I don't know if this is real or not
4. (34 mins ago)

Posted:    Scarlett

Absolute bull**it

Weatherseal
weatherseal.co.uk
In our old flat, the living room window was misting up, got a guy from weatherseal out who reckoned we needed sealed units for this and one bedroom, this was due to the seals being away. the windows were from another company the previous owner had used who were oot the windy (pardon the pun). so this tradesman (haha salesman) quoted us a price after some absolute bulls##t and several cups of tea £900 for the two units, ok, we said as it needed done. anyway fitting days came and went, no fitters available, glass was smashed, scratched, missing etc etc, three month later and no sign, sod it i said these people obviously have bigger jobs on, so okay i would lose £50 but i'm not waiting any longer. phoned them up and lo and behold "oh we can do them next week" no i said stick them up yer hole. got a phone number for a small local company, guy came out and did the window for £90 all in, did a good job and we only waited a week, guy had worked for weatherseal and had some amusing stories about them. we moved a year or so ago and the window was fine...although we never got the bedroom one fixed.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jun, 2010 by   Dee276 0 Votes
I got a quote from Weatherseal to upgrade 4 windows and a front door for a one bedroom flat, the quote was £13000 which included finance, i told them i was not interested at that price, they constantly called me and reduced the offer to £4000, I managed to get my windows and door fitted for £1995 from another company and every 3 months I get calls from Weatherseal, despite various ways of telling them I am not interested and DO NOT want any further calls from them. This morning, being a Sunday, a day of rest, i get woken up by Weatherseal. I've never known a more harrassing company in my life!!! and for their prices what a bunch of cowboys
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   angry troy 0 Votes
I constantly receive calls from weather-seal, what ever you do DO NOT engage in any conversation over the phone, Its pointless fruitless folly . Your best bet is to log their number and never answer it ! if you do you will end up giving them further fuel to harass you and it doesnt matter if it means you get so angry that you would never use them if they were the last company on earth because they employ telemarketing staff who get paid not to care about that.
The last guy who phoned tried to make out that my wife had arranged a new front porch when I explained she wouldn't be interested in such a scheme he said dont be such an Idiot . I hung up .
He phoned back I told him to fuck off but no...he's still ringing my number and im no longer answering .
 18th of Sep, 2010 by   Kspence 0 Votes
I totally agree to all above, I was silly enough to ask them to give me aprice for a replacement rear door, I explained to the person on the other end of the phone that I didnt want a sales pitch, all I wanted was a cost. The sales man appeared 10mins late proceeded to spout bull s***, at which point I stopped him short and said I wasnt intrested and only wanted a quote, he panicked said he had to call his boss who in turn spoke to me, I politly reitterated my view and advise if he continued then he leave by the method he entered. I eventually got a price for one door of £2300.00. I politley advise this was far more expensive than Mr C R Smith (which was suprising). He then proceeded to call his boss again (OH no NOT THAT OLD TRICK). I then politley asked him to leave, wished him all the best. A shame really he did tell me he was only doing this because he had liost his job and you could tell he was going by a script. So moral of the story is if you have to have a sales person round first trick is to tell him you dont want to nknow nothing about the company only the price of the product.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   FFS 0 Votes
Hi.

I don't work for any of the companies concerned, but would like to add a few things to 'Kspence' and 'angry troy' - No home improvement company comes to your house unless you requested a visit. Most of the people who visit you are on commission based payments and haveto make the best of every selling opportunity - In my mind, if you weren't interested in replacement doors (Kspence), then why did you invite a representative along to your house, also you had obiously also had a CR Smith rep along at his expense as well ?? As for inviting companies around telling them you are not interested in their product details, let me put this to you. 2 cars are for sale one is £5, 500 the other is slightly more expensive at £6, 250. Which one would you buy?
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   FFS 0 Votes
Personally, I would have waited until the original seals returned, then negotiated some kind of prmanency settlement with them. I can understand the difficulty the replacement window company would have had after you phone call, as no human orifice (hole) appears to be dimensionally correct or large enough on either axis to accept afull sized sealed unit.
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   Claire Smith 0 Votes
I've just had windows install by"weather seal"was told they would pay for the 1st 18 months and then I would clear the remainder balance or finish paying the finance... They way they pay for the 1st 18 months is that they give you a cash back to cover it which Hasnt and now I'm constantly trying to get this sorted out with the original salesman who has made the mistake as head office said it's a sales query ... Anyone else had this problem ??
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   kelly13 0 Votes
hi my dad has just had his windows done by weatherseal and was quoted just over 11 grand with 1000 cashback, the sales man asked howmuch they could afford each month to which my dad said 90 pounds which the salesman agreeded now my dad has ad a letter stateing 1 st payment off over 300 and then 95 monthy payments off 240 which in totally works out at nealy 25 grand, who in there rigth mind would pay that much for dam windows, the areement states 90 and nothing else, he has also not had the 1000 cashback put into his bank...all i can say is hello court case!
 3rd of Mar, 2012 by   timothytaylor 0 Votes
kelly 13, same thing has happened to my 75 year old mother cash price was 3400 and after speaking to the finance company the finance price for over 10 years is 22k.. How do these people sleep at night, because one thing is for certain we no longer do.
 20th of Jul, 2013 by   geordiejen 0 Votes
well thanks to sites like this i will not or ever will have salesmen round of any sort.the weatherseal guy was a nice enough bloke but listening through all his sales and marketing jargon had almost got me.first of all an hour before the guy arrived someone from weatherseal phoned and asked some personal questions, anyhow i had told her that i would be in alone when the salesman comes.2 mins after the salesman arrives he says wheres your wife?at work i said!!!oh i cannot have yoy sign for anything without your wife present.why i asked and he says oh its so we cannot be seen as a company who can talk like old ladies into signing contracts so when i speak to a customer its company policy for someone else to be present.after listening to his sales pitch, government scrappage schemes, police security certificates for their product, latge discount for me as i live on a busy street.all rubbish, the phone goes and a woman from weatherseal says to me you told me your wife was with you when we arranged the callout.an argument on the phone with her and then when i hung up on her i foolishly said to him thats some idiot woman on the phone telling me im a liar.he said really ill get right on the phone to my boss to get this sorted she is out of order.i will be back tomorrow when your wife is present.it took me a while to work it out but next day he was supposed to phone me before coming.he turned up at the door and when i confronted him about it all as a scam he denied it but i told him this front door is as far as its getting and your company have misleading sales pitches, bad customer service, terrible fitters and poor products.it took me 2 hours last night looking up all the complaints from this company and i would never let them near my door.

Secret Shopper Scams!