logo

Contract cancelling

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

We Heart Websites Complaints & Reviews - I would never recommend weheartwebsites.com to anyone

We Heart Websites Contacts & Informations

We Heart Websites

Posted: 2013-01-24 by    Rondele

I would never recommend weheartwebsites.com to anyone

We Heart Websites
I hired a designer to design the home page of my site. The designer quoted me a design with “two rounds of revisions”. My first design was completed and I asked for my first revision to which I received. I asked the designer if I had another revision to which she confirmed by email that I did. When I asked for the second revision the designer then decided that I was asking for too much even though I asked for no more or less than the revisions that were previously made. the designer then decided to explain that she was only doing me a favor on the first revision and that she typically doesn’t do the amount of revisions I had asked for. The designer then asked for more money to which I had a problem with.

My complaint is this, it is very simple if you the designer explain the services that your provided upfront. the designer could have very easily explained what constitutes a revision. It is not good business to lure customers in with vague descriptions and then decide to get descriptive throughout the process when the designer is the one setting the standard in the first place. I am out $250 with no design. I have nothing in my possession for what I spent.

I would never recommend weheartwebsites.com to anyone.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jul, 2013 by   Emily Kil 0 Votes
Hi. Brett Cadiente hired me to create a homepage design concept including 2 rounds of revisions for $250. This is my standard rate and I offer two rounds of revisions on all designs I create. Most of my clients are other agencies rather than end customers such as Brett Cadiente so I never run into the problem of explaining what two rounds of revisions means. I think it is generally understood that revisions are modifications to the design rather than brand new design concepts.

I created a homepage design concept for Brett Cadiente based on his instructions and he came back to me asking for a dramatically different design. Given that customers oftentimes are unsure of what they want until they actually see it, I accommodated his request and created a new design concept and considered it a revision.

Then, he emails me months later this time with completely different instructions. At this point I told him that I can not include this as a revision and that I’d have to charge an extra $150 for the new design. He proceeds to tell me that he’s broke and can not afford to pay my fee. I told him that I can make minor modifications to one of the two designs but can not create a brand new concept for the same price.

He disputed the payment with Paypal. Paypal ruled in my favor. He then disputed the payment with his credit card company. I was not given an opportunity to explain the situation to his credit card company and was simply told by Paypal that the credit card company decided to refund the payment and that due to Paypal’s Terms of Service, I can not contest the credit card company’s ruling. As such, I created two design concepts for this client and did not receive a dime. The client, however, has the jpegs and psd files for both designs.

For all other freelance designers, I would be careful when considering to work with Brett Cadiente.

Bank Cards Scams 2