logo

Rogers
Overcharge on bills
2. (11 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
3. (28 mins ago)

Slumlord

Waypoint homes
1999 Harrison 22nd Flr
Waypointhomes.com
On 10/8/11 me and my family took possession of 2169 rain drop circle Pittsburg ca 94565; we have had continued problems. We are now face with an infestation of mice we catch 3-4 a day. We notified Waypoint Homes 7/10/12 and after many broken promised we are DONE playing with them. My 3 yr old son is terrified, my 89 yr old grandmother is a nervous wreck. My brother was bitten was taking a flip-flop one mouse off a sticky on 11/6/12 he was treated at Alameda County Medical Center. We have continue to pay our rent on-time for 13 months. This was a rent to own deal. we want our option money of $6925 returned and how are family compensated.
Comments United States Landlords
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2013 by   Ms.JJay 0 Votes
way point screwed my family around as well 2123 seminary in oakland ca tried to make us pay for an arm and leg water bill with built in water sprinkler system as well inspect our home every 6 months basically we like we own the place but strangers get to inspect the place we rent we are not happy customers.
 18th of Mar, 2013 by   Ms.JJay 0 Votes
Waypoint helped me find what I needed in the end its all good.
 12th of Apr, 2013 by   anne henry 0 Votes
Waypoint homes lies, and i feel that they take advantage of honest people. I was interested in a home, was tokd to come to look at it, it was being remodled and the real estste agent was guven the wrong key and we could not enter the house. We loojed at anither one was told we could be approved for it and gave the 250 holding fee, we were told it would take two days to be approved and it was ten days latwr i was told my income wasnt high enough and would be refune my money . Well this was on march 23 i called wvery day to get my money back, well yeatwrday they finally agreed to overnight me a check, today i got it and the fedex package was empty without the check. I blew the officeoffice phone up and i calked the feal estate agent as well who informed me he couldnt help because he was resigning and i was the second person that called and had iasues with the holding fee. I never took poaseion if the houae and am not satified. Waypoint homes are a scam and i will let everyone know. Ill update you all if i get it back
 30th of Apr, 2013 by   Waypoint home almost killed us 0 Votes
My mother and I rented a Waypoint property in San Bernardino Ca in
April of 2012. Immediately after move in we had maintenance issues
that still needed resolution. In the VERY FIRST WEEK WE HAD NO HOT WATER! Over the ensuing year we had a myriad of problems go unresolved or given "band-aid, " fixes. The worst: The entire family got carbon manoxide poisoning due to a faulty water heater ( it had been replaced or "fixed" 3 times) AND the heater!! It was only after we obtained legal counsel that we began to see results. Their maintenance team is a JOKE!! Our newest problem is MOLD!!! The mold spores in the air are so severe my mother had almost died! We are trying to get the hell out ASAP but in the meantime we are forced to try and work with them! My advice: RUN FROM ANY WAYPOINT PROPERTY!!!
 5th of May, 2013 by   Dana Luby +2 Votes
I think we should all ban together and take this company to court! Time to tell these companies it is NOT o.k. to scam people and subject them to these issues. Anyone interested? E-mail me at Danago201@aol.com
 5th of May, 2013 by   Dana Luby +1 Votes
By the way, have my own Waypoint horror story and totally concur with all of the postings above.
 5th of May, 2013 by   Waypoint home almost killed us 0 Votes
I've secured representation but I agree that some of their practices are bordering into class action territory... Some of the lease language may not even be admissible in some states...
 31st of May, 2013 by   Glamkat 0 Votes
If anyone has anything that can help with my pending case against please hit me back. My family and I are in hell. GlamKat
 31st of May, 2013 by   Glamkat 0 Votes
i live in Mold and Mildew dwelling that is also over run with pests and plumbing issues. Waypoint has accused me of not paying rent however I have receipts for every month. The funny thing is they have never sent me a receipt ever, the only one's that I have are threw Paylease. They have served us twice, every time we demand the repairs be made, every time. we are fighting us in court. we are hostages in our own home because of the mold, we have a family room that is full of toxic mold spores and nearly killed my daughter. If anyone has anything that can help please let me know, i will keep fighting till the end.
 12th of Jun, 2013 by   Thankfulcaligirl 0 Votes
I was considering Waypoint...but thanks to you guys they lost a customer!!! THANK YOU!!!
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   magvalen 0 Votes
Talk to an attorney and educated your self, of your rights as a tenant, and do your request in writing for any repair and keep a copy for your records.
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   boss2013 0 Votes
we took a home in antioch which according to all professional real estate firms placed the home at the 1650 to 1700 range but they wouldnt budge from 1899, desperate we took it or be in the streets with 2 kids, 1st problem we a severe master shower drain leack into the kitchen roof which i had to come out of pcket for( emergency) although after 3 mos of back and forth they reimbursed me for it but then for 6 mos we argued with the bstrds because the back yard not being finsihed as it was just nasty burnt bark thrown down harbering ticks spiders, and bugs dust and mold in the wet seaon, so finlly they finsihed the back yard 7 mos later, then last winter we kept getting severe throat issues, i knew something wasnt right with the air in this home i had their terribly crappy techs out 10 times and theyd always say oh nothings wrong, so i investiagted everything myself for free anf found the floor of the lower kitchen sink cabinet was replaced with a cheap peice of ply wood when i remeved it it was anothing but nasty greasy black mold, which they remediated, but didnt finsih the job correctly as another 3rd party inspoector said yes there stiull is mold inside the walls in 2 places and they didnt finsih the remediation job in the 1st place, so they send some cheeesy old guy out who spends 2 minuites testing the air and says the airs good BS luckily i got a job up north and we are leaving but the bastrds want to increase the rent on a problem plagued home 5% and a home that was rehabbed so pooorly i wouldnt recomend them to a terroist, STAY AWAY FROM WAYPOINT their rehabbers are terrible, their techs are lazy liars, and the office people are only in it for $$$$$$ and their homes are 200 to 400 tooo high and in a yr they will raise the rents every yr 5% their fing no better then the banks in what they pulled on people anyone sueing em ill join in a class action lawsuit we spent a hell of a yr living in a dumpy home not even remotely worth 1899
 20th of Sep, 2013 by   jcf35 0 Votes
Waypoint Homes is a scam company!!! BEWARE
My wife and I Liked a home we were shown and was told to give them a 500 Hold agreement to take the home off the market until we got approval which would take no longer than two days. 4 days later no approval but 10 emails to sign hold agreement! after reading it it says 72 hours after its signed hold deposit is non refundable!
DO NOT SIGN THIS PAPER WITHOUT READING! Apparently they are not familiar with Arizona's Landlord Tenant act!! But the attorney general will be familiar with them when I get done!!! No one will return my Calls to get my money back! to bad so sad I used a credit card so I reversed charges!!!
 4th of Oct, 2013 by   Shaking my head30 0 Votes
Way point has bad customer servive and You get the run around.I cant believe a company this large is so unorganized
 8th of Oct, 2013 by   Nyke H. 0 Votes
WARNING: Take your business elsewhere!..Seriously...My family and I put a hold check on one of the properties last Monday, the next morning they informed us we wouldnt be able to rent the property because of a credit issue. Naturally we replied "ok thts fine where can we pick up our hold check"...not only did we have to speak to 6 different people (who all had different stories on their policies by the way) but they had the nerve to tell us we had to wait up to 21 days to recieve our HOLD check which was given to them the evening before... They say their policy allows them to cash the check the same day they recieve it but based on the fact that it was not their money to begin with and the fact that my family is being hugely inconvienced we will be taking them to small claims court. This company is unorganized, dishonest, irresponsible and unprofessional. Save yourself the headache!!!..Seriously.
 31st of Dec, 2013 by   JC22 0 Votes
my family and I just moved into a waypoint home in Tampa less than 30 days ago. We thought everything was all good at first, the property manager was very nice and informative> it seemed like the day after we signed the lease, it was a 180 degree turn. Paint started peeling off the tub my kids take a bath in (paint!), an enormous amount of bugs that we pointed out at the walk through, I have atempted to obtain a log in to pay rent and get no response, and list goes on. It seems so unprofessional. After emailing the property manager so many times and not getting a response, I call her just for her to tell me that she was responding and requesting certain info and by me ignoring, it seemed like an attempt to steal water... WTF! why would I continuously be emailing and ignoring the requested info like GETTING A LOG IN TO PAY RENT if I were stealing water. This makes no sense. Its funny how I get no reposne back from her but any one else I email I get a response right away
 5th of Feb, 2014 by   noahcook 0 Votes
TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Rented a house in Temecula, Ca and lived there for almost 9 months. Around the 7th month our hot water started to not be too hot. We figured out that our pilot light on the water heater was not staying on. After re lighting it and then for 2 weeks straight having to light it everyday, we reported it to Waypoint Homes. We also noticed out heater was not in service and reported that also via email.

They emailed back and said to file a service request on their resident portal. I filled it out and never received a reply. We decided to move out cause we could not contact them and sent a notice to immediately vacate pursuant to CA Civil Code 1942.

After moving out and getting no reply, 2 months later now collections is calling me saying I owe over $3000 in rent. Ridiculous.

ADVICE: DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   S. Scott 0 Votes
This company is the worse. DO NOT RENT OR PAY ANY DEPOSIT, THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Me and my husband filled out an application for a home we liked. They pre-approved us pending income verification. After paying an application fee to pull credit one would think they saw the credit score on both applicants before deciding to approve us pending income verification. They emailed us stating step 1 was approved. Step 2 is pending income verification. After seeing the house and faxing agent John Grant income and resident verification, they denied us on my husbands credit score. Well after several attempts calling the agent and Waypoint I finally got through to Wanda to hear the credit score was a factor. I said, why send an email approving the first step and full approval depended on income verification. Wanda's response was "oh we do that with all our applicants. We check for eviction's for the first approval and if you don't have any we approve you pending requested information. Yes, but you all requested my income pending approval. We never heard back from agent and thats how they treat you. Just an email and no response from agent. BECAUSE THEY APPROVE ALL CUSTOMERS BASED ON NON EVICTION, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! Credit score is only a factor after they can't find a reason to deny you. Very unprofessional
 14th of Mar, 2014 by   Eboni W +1 Votes
We need to do a class action on this company! They are a ripping ppl off with their lies and no response and adding on fees that shouldn't apply! Ready to put them on news media! Anyone open for a class action?
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   S Carver +1 Votes
We are thinking of renting a home in the DFW area in Texas. Has anyone had any complaints from Texas?

Start Thinking About Year-End Tax Moves Now