logo

Bluegreen Corporation
Unethical business practices
2. (0 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler Room Wine Investment Scam (con't)
3. (3 mins ago)
SIM CARD ACTIVATION

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Watch Repairs USA, Island Park, New York Complaints & Reviews - Watch Repair Scam

Watch Repairs USA Contacts & Informations

Posted:    yreina1

Watch Repair Scam

Island Park, New York
I sent them my Cartier Pasha for a small repair over two weeks ago and they never got back to me, now I'm trying to call them and the phone is disconnected!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2009 by   AdamC 0 Votes
Yamilet,

You have the wrong number for us, which is most likely why you could not reach us. Our phone number and hours of operation are clearly listed at www.watchrepairsusa.com/contact.php. The number is 877-239-6197.

I have on record that you have had the watch shipped back to you. Unfortunately we could not obtain a replacement Cartier bezel for your repair. Thank you for considering us.
 12th of May, 2010 by   Taken! -1 Votes
This company is a scam! You pay $50 for an "overhaul" cleaning - and the postage is covered to get the watch in their hands. But that initial cleaning is essentially nothing but a "hook" to get your watch. Then comes the "estimate" to actually do something. In my case the watch worked fine but the calendar function was stuck. The estimate comes back at $233 for taking the watch apart and cleaning it (with "special lubricants"). The calendar repair was now included. And...ready for this...the cost of getting your watch back if you decline their service is now another $33. Let's see. The total cost from this company to fix my watch would be almost $300. I can buy this watch online brand new for $369. I declined their service and am out $83 for absolutely nothing and just hope to get my watch back! Do not use this company!
 21st of May, 2010 by   Rkfw -1 Votes
 29th of May, 2010 by   E. C. Washburn -1 Votes
I found a Bulova Accutron watch that my husband gave me years ago. Since my husband passed away I thought I would try to get it in running condition for sentimental value. I sent my watch to see if it could be fixed, got an estimate, and I know someone should have hit me over the head but I agreed to pay $329.00 to have it repaired. As soon as I agreed my credit card was charged, this was January 27th. Approximately 3 weeks later I received the watch...not only didn't it work, the whole face of the watch moved when I tried to set the time. Needless to say the watch went back the very next day. This was in February..I was told not to worry, the repair was under warranty. (No kidding!) I waited and waited and waited, sent numerous emails asking that if they could not repair the watch to just return it and refund my money. Then I was told my watch needed a tuning fork that was no longer made. Again I waited and waited. Emails continued with my request to return my watch, however was continually told that they could get the part. I asked for an estimated time and was told the part should be there in 8 to 10 days and this was after already waiting a couple of months. (Where was this thing coming from?) I gave them two weeks, emailed again and was told that coincidentally the watch was shipped that day. The date was May 6th. The best thing is that when I received it there was a note that there was no charge for the repair!!!
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   Net Shopper -1 Votes
I wish I had seen these complaints 6 weeks and $300 ago... I feel so stupid. I loved my watch so much and had been looking for sometime to get the watchband replaced... I didn't take the time to check into this company. I was just thankful to find someone that would fix the watch... I will continue to call them but I may never see my watch again and I'm sure my money is gone. Sad and Stupid
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   AdamC 0 Votes
Hi everyone. I am the owner of Watch Repairs USA. I am seeing a lot of claims here. Let me address each one individually.

1. We are not engaged in an operation to steal broken watches from people. This is silly. How would we still be in business? We answer our phones, our emails, and have live chat on our site. Everything is trackable through every step of the repair process. Call us, and speak with a live person if you do not take my word for it.

2. We do not give excessively repair estimates as a habit. Our prices are extremely competitive. However, on a complicated mechanical watch, prices to rebuild the movement can be a bit higher than expected if you have never owned one before. Luckily, we pride ourselves in having no sales pressure, and giving you the easy option of getting it sent back unrepaired for a second opinion.

3. We do not overcharge for shipping. We offer free incoming shipping, which itself is a courtesy for customers. As far as return shipping goes, the rates come directly from UPS computers. They are based on UPS ground insured residential rates. I see one comment above where there was an 83 dollar shipping charge. UPS charges for insurance, so likely this was a very expensive watch. A customer can always call in if they have provided an excessive insurance value, and have the shipping cost adjusted accordingly.

If there are any lingering doubts, you may call us at 877-239-6197. Or email us at customercare@watchrepairsusa.com. I will be happy to personally address any concerns. Thank you.
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Aminjamail 0 Votes
Gena watch repair sucks! Do not use them or you will regret!! really.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   bosqoe 0 Votes
The prevous post is absolutely true. I got scammed too.

"This company is a scam! You pay $50 for an "overhaul" cleaning - and the postage is covered to get the watch in their hands. But that initial cleaning is essentially nothing but a "hook" to get your watch. Then comes the "estimate" to actually do something. In my case the watch worked fine but the calendar function was stuck. The estimate comes back at $233 for taking the watch apart and cleaning it (with "special lubricants")"
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   LewDom 0 Votes
I sent my son's ELGIN watch w/ tons of austrian crystals...to be fixed...2 sets were missing and the watch band would not clasp... they had my watch over a month and i talked to michele few times and sent emails.. it just seemed to go on and on..i declined the estimate like 5 times but they kept sending automated estimates to me. I emailed adam (owner) and said when is my watch being shipped since ya'll already cashed my check? (for shipping only) I understand that when they get your check/moneyorder, etc and cash it...they do wait to ship your watch for @ least 7 days ..i guess to make sure everything clears and in case you change your mind. But it was like a week and 1/2 and he said it ships out tomorrow which would have been on a thursday...well thursday came and went and friday i spoke to him personally and asked where tha he** was my watch..he said they already repaired it..!!! i told him i didn't want it repaired and you got money for shipping and handling, your not gettin any money to repair it too... so send it back! He said the repair was so minor he just went ahead and fixed it..he said it must have been a "misunderstanding" on his part...But anyways...i thought I was gonna be driving to NY after reading all these bad comments & reviews lol...but needless to say..I got my son's watch delivered to me..and it was packaged all in bubble wrap and those styrofoam things in a box... and had a protective covering over the face of the watch so it wouldn't get scratched and it was all fixed and blingin'!!! It took a long time...but he did fix it and it looks GREAT! All I paid was shipping and handling...he fixed it free of charge, so I'm happy :) But will I send it off again? NO!!! Next time, if I can't take it to someone where i know i can drive there or talk to them face to face...i won't send it... it's too much drama.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   John Kelley II 0 Votes
I have a watch which I have been wearing for years with no trouble until one day I wound it too tight and it quit working, so after much looking I found Watch Repair USA and sent them my watch on which they performed a complete mechanical restoration, replaced the main spring, removed rust from movement, replaced stem and crown, replaced crystal, and tuned. Now I do not know if this work was actually done, but this is what I paid $293.17. I received my watch and very quickly learned that my watch would not run continuously, but would run and stop, run and stop, one would think that with all the work that was paid for, my watch should have been better than new, but not so, it runs and stops, runs and stops. I received an e-mail from Cusomer Service asking for a satisfaction report on my watch repair, and I reported that my watch would run and stop, and I have not received any word back from the company, and why would I send my watch back to a company, which in my opinion, is hiring incompetents to learn watch repair at my expense? You know what they say, " Fool me once shame on you: Fool me twice shame on me." So I quess I shall have to find a competent local watch repair and pay them to fix it right.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   Lindah25 0 Votes
Thank G-d for reviews. After quite an extensive live chat with a representative from Watch Repair USA, I was just about to send my Rado off to them. I was told that if the watch can't be repaired, the shipping expense back to me would only be $8.00 which would include $100 UPS insurance. The reason I had a live chat was because I could have read War and Peace in the time I was on hold when I called the 877-239-6197 the owner so proudly suggests one does in response to some of your comments. In any case, I always assume that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Therefore, I decided to check out the reviews. Thanks to all of you. From what I read, you saved me a lot of money and aggravation.

Linda
 5th of May, 2011 by   gunneysgte7 0 Votes
I sent them a vintage Bulova Acutron 214 for repair and a case to put it in and after 14 days finally received the estimate for the repairs. They wanted to charge me over a thousand ($1054.00) just to do the work and ($499.99) of that was for a case to put the movement in. I simply cannot see paying $500.00 for a case only. When I called them the tech., stated that it was his opinion that the price was a fair price. The case only weighs at most 2 grams maybe 3. I asked him if the case was pure gold and he got very dsiturbed at this. needless to say I declined his estimate. I also contacted 4 other watch repair companies that deal with the Accutron 214 watches and was told that the price that "Watch repaid USA" was asking was a very bad case of Price Gouging and that they could get a very nice original case in either gold filled or stainless for alot cheaper ($45.00 to $55.00) for the same watch. BEWARE OF THIS SCANDALOUS REPAIR COMPANY. I will also be contacting the state attorney general's office to follow up on this unfair practice.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   shajwhite 0 Votes
I am glad I read these comments as I was going to send my Gucci watch for repair...No way now.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   DES13 0 Votes
I saw they offered what looked like a good deal on a watch repair so I e-mailed them first and was told the repair I needed was "typically" in the $30 range so I sent them my watch. Estimate came back at over $300! Atfer saying I only needed the repair of the pusher versus the "overhaul" they reduced the price $20 as a courtesy and still over $300. Said to send the watch back and cost me $18.89. I agree with above commenst, they want your watch and if they get to do the repair they are charging an excessive amount. If nt they will ship it back to you and make money that way! Shipping charges are outrageous as a watch could ship USPS in a falt rate box for $5. Do not use these people as all they are after is your watch and your money.
 19th of Sep, 2011 by   Gil Castillo 0 Votes
Well another dissatisfied customer. My crystal broke and needed a new second hand. It was a citizen watch with the stones on the every ten minutes. I called them and they stated they were authorized citizen repair facility, so i sent in the watch.
I called about two weeks later to check on the progress of the watch and they told me that they received the watch but they have not processed the watch for the estimate and it would take about 10 more days. Finally i got an estimate of $130 dollars for the crystal and the second hand and to do other stuff but that was fine, the thing was is that they could not tell me how long it would take because I would have to accept the estimate and make the payment . After I had done this they stated they would have to order the parts and it would take about 3 weeks to receive the parts. Had they told me this before the payment i would have not agreed to it, also I asked, why they needed to order the parts if they were authorized Citizen repair facility, after 3 months i finally got the watch back but they had changed the face of my watch and all of the stones were gone.
These were small diamond stones. I called them and emailed a picture of the watch before i sent it in and they stated there was nothing they could do. They also had a picture of a watch which they claimed was my watch but i brought it to their attention that the picture they presented had a silver band and mine was gold.
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   AKessler214 0 Votes
I am also having a great deal of trouble with this company right now. I sent my Michele watch to them several weeks ago (based on their website testimonials that are probably lies) and got an outrageous quote (over $300) to replace the crystal. I then contacted the manufacturer and found out that it would cost $100 to replace it (with a sapphire one) and about $12 for the return shipping. When I rejected their outrageous quotes, they quoted a charge of over $30 to ship it back. If I don't receive my watch soon, I plan to pursue legal action and widespread social media channels to alert the public.
 20th of Nov, 2011 by   djrojas 0 Votes
These guys do a fantastic job of restoring OMEGAS that is their specialty, take your bulova and gucci garbage trinkets somewhere else. By the way, a correctly performed overhaul will generally run 1k, thats just a fact. If you dont have an Omega, go somewhere else. If you have anything that is QUARTZ that is unreliable it simply sucks to begin with, and you cant blame WRUSA for that. I dont work for them but I sent them my Omega for a complete overhaul and they did a fantastic expert job, and I happen to know a thing or two about that timepiece. Dont go to a guy thats worked on mercedez benz all his life and hand him a military grade hummer and expect him to do a better job than the other guys by default.
 21st of Nov, 2011 by   AKessler214 0 Votes
I wound up taking my Michele watch back from them after their repair cost quote wound up being 3 times that of the manufacturer. I sent it to them based on their (misleading) website which conveys them in a far better light than they are in reality. When I challenged their repair quotes, they basically conveyed back "too bad" so I asked for them to return it. Buyer beware...
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   flick1302 0 Votes
Very poor service. I complained about the return shipping cost and here's the response:

Adam Carpentieri 1:37 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

That did seem a little high. But you are definitely right on the scam part. We only ship broken watches across the globe to make a small profit. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. (Sarcasm)

Adam Carpentieri
Watch Repairs USA
Check the status of your repair any time at www.watchrepairsusa.com/status.php

DON'T SEND THESE THESE PEOPLE YOUR PROPERTY!!!
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   jeffrey gordon 0 Votes
I sent a chronoswiss delphis to them.The second hand was working, the rest not granted this is a complicated watch, chronoswiss told me they could completely repair and overhaul the watch for 800.00 these guys came in at close to 1600.00 and with only a 1 year warrenty vs 2 from the dealer, but thats not the complaint, after i turned down the estimate it appears they just shoved the movement in the case and now the aforementioned second hand doesnt work either, as for the packing job, it was pretty piss poor.Oh, i shiipped this watch with insurence via ups for 34.00, they charged me 62.00

Beware Online Shoppers