logo

Alergic Reaction / hospitialization

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Warrior Custom Golf, Irvine, California Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive practices!

Warrior Custom Golf Contacts & Informations

15 Mason
Irvine, California
Phone: 800-682-1352
www.warriorcustomgolf.com
I received the "Best Christmas Grab Bag" postcard; an offer of an absolutely free gift, excluding shipping and handling. I tried calling the 800 number a few times and each time was given a very high pressure pitch to accept 4 hybrid clubs for testing and evaluation with a charge of $399 going on my card. After testing I could return the clubs for a refund or keep them for $299. When I politely explained I had just gotten new clubs six months ago and was only interested in finding out more about the free grab bag, the phone mysteriously went dead. I didn't think anything about it until I called back, got a different rep and surprise, the same thing all over again, no clubs, phone went dead. This happened twice more on different days and with different reps. Apparently if you don't want their clubs they don't want to give you your "free" gift. I hope they get enough complaints to quit this or go out of business.
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jun, 2008 by   Frances Miller 0 Votes
On 4/21, I called and talked to a very nice gentleman who also wanted me to try some of their new clubs. Same spiel as above. Called 5/21 to find out where thefree club was.,
On May 3rd the shiipping charges were charged to my account--still no golf club.
What do I do to get either the club or my money back?
Is this any way to do business?
Would love a reply
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   Brian Mummau 0 Votes
I would say that I have received a few of their clubs for free with just the shipping charges. As well I have gotten some of their fairway woods and was charged for them. I at one point tried to return them but because I actually wanted to keep them was able to get a much better deal and some more free clubs. I received a driver a putter and a driving net free except for the shipping. You should figure you are going to pay the shipping charges. All in all I have been happy with the clubs I have received and paid for. The reality in life is nothing is free. A company does not survive by giving away items. They have to somehow pay for that item. If you subscribe to warrior and have them ship you clubs thinking you will return them they are quite motivated to have you keep the clubs. I have referred them to other golfers with the warning to be prepared to keep whatever clubs you try for free. I have however received quite a few clubs for shipping charges only. I am overall happy with Warrior.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Scott Sanford 0 Votes
These guys are CROOKS!
I went through the process of ordering some "free" clubs about 6 months ago, and after reading a huge number of negative comments, called them back and managed to get the order cancelled, and the charge credited back to my card.
Now 6 months later, I find they have been billing me $13.00 every month for absolutely nothing.
If you've dealt with these people, I wooud be very careful!
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   steve 0 Votes
Ordered free club on June 2nd. Payment went through on June 25th. It is now August 15th rearing the end of the golf season and still no club. Great way to do business warrior. I will be letting everyone I golf with not to do business with your company.
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Ron Dulay 0 Votes
Warrior Custom Golf definitely does the following:

1. Tries to SELL golf clubs, customized for your height, hand size, etc.
2. Will give you 45 days to try their set
3. Will give you incentives to try/buy their clubs.

So, knowing that, don't play the game where you just want to hit the clubs for fun and have no intentions of keeping it.

Their clubs are good. You can hit great shots with it, or you can hit bad shots with it. Generally its the golfer, not the clubs, right? Don't keep on hating just because they're trying to sell clubs. Incentives are all over the place, and not just the golf industry. Give it a rest. If you are serious about buying a set of clubs, Warrior is a good set that's customized for you. If you're just trying to play them, then yes, you will have a sales rep trying to sell you clubs.
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Mark keyworth 0 Votes
22 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.com@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Jed 0 Votes
Hey Mark Keyworth are you a noob or what? The topic of this page has nothing to do with colon cleanse, impacted colons, or constipation. If you are having problems with your anus and products designed to clean your rectum, then go elsewhere and comment about it.

Nobody on this page cares about your butthole, so shut your piehole and move on noob.

What a moron... Mark Keyworth does not need to cleanse his colon. He needs some freakin common sense!
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   mick 0 Votes

never recived my credit on my credit card - Warrior Custom Golf

refund on my credit card i have an e mail from them but it was not on my credit card c
 11th of Nov, 2008 by   Edward Sumner 0 Votes
Several years ago I ordered a driver with a set of woods from Warrior Custom Golf that came with three free wedges; I thought all of the clubs were too short and the extra large grips too skinny, so I returned the order [put the wedges in a crappy set I use when out of town]. After they didn't refund my money as they promised, I called and asked for the legal department, got a supervisor instead; I threatened to file a complaint with the FTC for mail fraud... got my money back the next day. [They also failed to remove my mailing address from their system as I have repeatedly asked]
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   Davisrs 0 Votes
I told the I DID not want any clubs with the grab bag.
They sent me oddball number fairway woods (which I have never used), never reversed my credit -- I hade The card company reverse the credit and Warrior back reversed against my wishes!

This case has been going on over a year, now.

Please note. I ORDERED NOTHING and was charged $400...!!!
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   joe 0 Votes
i work for warrior custom golf and all of u guys are fuckin idots
payatantion what they say ... when they try to sale u some custom golf clubs all we try to do is to improve ur game and have a better golf clubs ok so dont fuckin be saying that where a fuckin scam u fuckin losser!!!
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Glenn 0 Votes
If "Joe" is indicative of the prfessional attitude and education of the typical Warrior sales person, then the company should be doing some serious right sizing.

I have some of their clubs and they ARE good clubs. If their sales people were as good, and dependable, as their clubs, the company would have a much better reputation.

Their company eventually stands behind their product. The problem is the company doesn't do anything to control their sales people. They are rude and they are, for the most part, unprofessional. When I finally talked to one that was honest, I was able to resolve my issues.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   JDP 0 Votes
In all, Warrior, in my opinion, is a scam artist and targets mostly people outside their state of operations. i would sudjest going to Pinemeadow golf (look them up in google). I got a complete set of decent starter clubs for $160 and I still use most all of them.
 4th of May, 2009 by   ianfkirby 0 Votes
There's no way the guy above actually works for this company, no one could possibly be stupid enough to write that kind of tirade for a company they are trying to come to the defense of.

I have to say this company's tactics overall are very suspect and their reputation has now preceded them. I won't bother taking the chance to do business with a company like this.

I just ordered a custom set of clubs from gigagolf.com and like the above user with Pinemeadow, had an awesome experience. I called Giga Golf a month from ordering, got a zero pressure and informative Q&A with a rep and was able to know exactly what I wanted come ordering time. Hassle free over the web order, free shipping that was very timely, great premium quality club (w/ true temper shafts & winn grips) and more difference in my swing consistency than I thought a custom club size could make. As a shorter guy, that 0.25" off the shaft makes all the difference in the world. Do yourself a favor, GET CUSTOM FIT CLUBS from a place like Giga or Pinemeadow!

And if you're a novice, don't waste your $$$ on a name, my clubs are Callaway clones for 1/4 of the price, negligible difference compared to friend's $2000 set. Put the extra money towards some lessons and then let your swing do the talking.
 19th of May, 2009 by   MJR 0 Votes
Well said. I think most folks spend too much money on clubs when lessons would be a better investment.
I have been lucky to have had a good experience with Warrior. I've received entire sets of clubs and feel they are of good quality. Maybe I was fortunate to get good reps on the phone.
I agree that there is no way "Joe" works for the company.
And, I almost peed my pants reading Mark Keyworth's coloncleanse email and then Jed's response.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   Art in Sun City Center 0 Votes
I got a lob wedge from Warrior for shipping of $11 and could not be happier with the club. I got the sponsorship package for shipping of $40 and am feeling quite violated; other than a dozen balls there is not much of value in the so called sponsorship package.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   J116 0 Votes
I agree with most of what has been said (Good and Bad). Their "New York" high pressure sales people and sales tacticts are doing more damage to their company than they might suspect. I have most of their clubs and am very satistied with them...except quality control. I have a set of their irons and think they are fantastic. Even better than my Ping G5's I sold after playing several rounds with the warriors. I also have one of their fairway woods. One of my irons is rusting and the paint on the fairway wood is chipping. I called Warrior and was told their Warranty does NOT cover three things: You guessed it; rusting, paint chipping/flaking and would you believe head cracking! What is left?!!! Oh, the shaft. If that broke they would probably say it was operator abuse. I had to go to multiple levels of customer service representatives telling them that these warranty exclusions were in reality "product defects". Finally, a very nice and professional supervisor (Valarie) agreed to send me a replacement iron (from there demo pile because they can't break up complete sets). Hog wash! They have, or should have, plenty of extras around just for this purpose. I could not get any satisfaction regarding the paint chipping so I compromised and simply accepted the replacement iron. SO, just beware buyer and ask the rep BEFORE you buy what therir warranty covers. If you know and agree then there will be no suprises down the road. By the way, my buddy has one of their fairway woods and driver and his paint is chipping also. Warrior needs to wake up and change their sales staff/strategy and get some serious quality control or they won't be in business much longer. There are plenty of good quality low cost golf manufactures out there. Also, they might seriously consider getting some decent legal advice. Their warranty scam is a Deceptive Trade Practice under the laws of most states (including California) and somebody is going to tag them one of these days. Overall they have a very decent product. It is their sales scams and hight pressure NY style tacticts thats going to bring there company down. Hope this was helpful.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   theonlystarperson 0 Votes
I just had an experience with Warrior Golf.

The pushy, fast talking salesman told me I would get the clubs for evaluation purposes and if I liked them I could purchase them at alot off the regular pri ce.

Again, he talked fast.
I asked him how much the shipping was and he stated "$10.oo-a2.0-0 dollars. he stated that he needed my credit card number for the shipping charge and that was all it would be used for. If I liked the clubs after 45 days I could return them.

Yesterday I got my credit card statement and lo and behold he put $439.00 on my credit card. He charged me for the entire purchase and $45.00 for shipping, I guess that was to cover the "free stuff" I was getting.

I called custmer and after much rangling got them to take the clubs back and give me a return shipping label and they did.

I told them they should fire the person that lied through his teeth and I was told #They couldn't do that, he was a good salesman. I have to tell you "I sold Saturn automobiles and we would have been fired for what that salesman did.

In short the salesman was nothing but a fast talkiing snake salesman that car salesman are accused of.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   theonlystarperson 0 Votes
I just had an experience with Warrior Golf.

Again, he talked fast.

I told them they should fire the person that lied through his teeth and I was told and I suggested They should fire the person and was told. couldn't do that, he was a good salesman. I have to tell you "I sold Saturn automobiles and we would have been fired for what that salesman did.

5th of Oct, 2009 by   personwithabrain 0 Votes
Hi there,

First off, the people working there are mainly decent, hard working people just trying to make a living. We all have to pay the mortgage.

With that being said, Warrior is just like any other business - it wants to make money.
Just as Brian said above, nothing in this world is free and especially golf equipment.
Please don't waste any company's time by messing around with their items when you have no intention of purchasing them. I understand that the majority of the Warrior Scam articles are written by angry people screaming fraud... (Warrior has been in business for decades becuase it also has many many satisfied, happy customers) you only hear from the dissatisfied person who has not fully thought about giving out his credit card information to a company that makes clubs and wishes to sell them.

Most people are feeling cheated. This is a natural reaction when you realise you've made a stupid decision without thinking of the repercussions. Be an adult, don't "test play" without being pretty certain you want to purchase a new set of clubs. It is quite obvious that promotions of any sort (from any company) are in place to attract future paying customers - why else would a company waste money on advertisement? Why else would they give away something free, or at a low cost, if they didn't hope you'd make a larger purchase later down the road?

Stop being bitter. Be a grown-up. Admit your mistakes and stop trying to blame others. THE ONLY people I can agree with are those that have returned the merchandise and are still being charged. Or those who have defected merchandise. Remember, most of this is due to human error - either on the company's side or the customer's. The company doesn't want bad reviews. It doesn't want unhappy people screaming Satan's Spawn and such.
Remember: in the future, think twice before giving away your money or information.

Expired Food, Wasted Money