logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
2. (32 mins ago)
AT&T
No level of competence in services
3. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (1 hr 16 mins ago)
PARCEL HOLD

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Warranty Solutions Complaints & Reviews - Selling extended warranties by phone.

Warranty Solutions Contacts & Informations

Warranty Solutions

Posted:    Lana Griffin

Selling extended warranties by phone.

Warranty Solutions
These people call on home and cell phones. I don't know how they get cell phone numbers because no one has mine other than close family and now Warranty Solutions has it somehow. They call with a recorded message that says this is the final notice concerning your auto extended warranty. I have received in the last two months about 60 final notices by phone. It has cost me about $30 in cell phone charges for them to call me. They say press 1 to speak to an attendant and 2 to be removed from the calling list. Of course you will not be removed. I've tried that many times. If you press 1 you will be connected to a person who begins to ask you for information- to scam you. I have given no info but when I tell them I don't want the service they hang up on me. Now when I press 1 I tell them to stop calling me and they say certainly, then I get another call again the next day. I wish I knew how to make them leave my cell phone alone. It costs me money and nothing works. I've reported them to the BBB. I'm going to call the police and report it. Hope that does some good. Any suggestions?
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Warranty Solutions complaints
Warranty Solutions - Extended warranty

Comments

17th of Apr, 2009 by   Nicole 0 Votes
I've had the exact same problem!! Were the police able to help you? If you are on the "do not call" list, the FCC will accept complaints as well.
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Karly 0 Votes
I also have received several calls from a variety of area codes. After being told my personal cell # was taken off their list for the 4th time and then receiving ANOTHER call, I escalated to a supervisor and advised him that if the parent company refuses to take my number off their master list that I too will contact the FCC to file a complaint as well as call the authorities to report harassment. He again assured me that my number will be taken off their list. We'll see...
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   dwi 0 Votes
To EVERYBODY who has been recieving these irritating calls from out of state, false numbers, just to find that when they answer there is an unspecified company claiming that your auto warranty is about to expire, that "we have made several attempts to reach you"...and so on; After researching the matter online, everybody who has followed through with these calls just to attain the company's information, has said that the company is
AUTOMOTIVE WARRANTY SOLUTIONS

I have called them a few times today and hassled whoever I get on the phone, just to give them a little bit of the taste of irritation that I have recieved over and over again because of them.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL THEM AND DO THE SAME...

1800 376-5688

AND here's a few extensions of supervisors that you would be transfered to if you had followed through past the call screeners.

1618- Bob
1632- Tina
1650-Brian

I think everyone who can spare a minute to make a toll free call these bastards should.
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   ihatemyjob 0 Votes
"Warranty Solutions" is located in southern california and that is not the real name of the company. Its just a call center where the leads are generated and transfered over to the warranty co. that is bogus. The rep will tell you it is because that is what they're told to say. If you want to speak to the real deal, give the rep bogus info... They will ask you for the Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Your 1st and last name, phone#, and zip code, sometimes an address or P.O. Box. The rep will place you on hold so they can transfer you. The rep will introduce you to the sales person. Yell at the sales person because they are the ones trying to rip you off and they are the ones who buy all of your phone numbers and put them in an auto dialer that calls you 3, 4, or 15 times a day.
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   ihatemyjob 0 Votes
If you have any questions just post them and i will be more than happy to answer them :)
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Karly 0 Votes
x 1613 Colby Evans(?)

I was advised he is a Manager who has the capability of removing #'s from the auto dialer. I was transferred to his voicemail to leave a message but his mailbox was full.
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   will it ever stop? 0 Votes
I was also called at home and on my cell # from "Warranty Solutions" and same story... 'Derek' transferred me and I spoke to 'Doug Koffman'. He said they were located in St. Louis. I spent at least 15 minutes talking like a complete idiot and I could almost hear Doug drooling over the phone thinking he was going to make a big sale. He will call me back 'at a better time' ( in other words - when my husband is home) because the offer he is going to make will only be good at that time. I figure since 'time is money' for sales people, the more of their time I can waste, the better chance I have of not being called back. That and mentioning that I will report them to the FCC. I know it's all a game and I have no real chance of winning, but I am sick of these companies wasting MY time and CELL MINUTES. It will give me a small sense of satisfaction.
*I was given the call back # 866-925-1783; they answer "vehicle services". I will also try speaking to a supervisor. Wish me luck...
 12th of May, 2009 by   Lauren 0 Votes
okay i'm only a freshman in college and iused to get these calls once a week... i'd press two and just forget about it... the past month i get them everyday!! so i decided to press 1 and ask someone for their company name to report them. THEY WOULD JUST HANG UP ON ME EVERYTIME I ASKED. Now they call atleast 3 times a day and i feel like it's just to spite me!! i don't want to change my number and i really don't want to take legal action but they need to learn. They just called again right now, and i spoke very nicely to a woman saying i have some documents from my vehicles history to mail in and i would like the company's name and mailing address.. thats how i found the name.. but no luck on the addresss.. HELP!!!
 12th of May, 2009 by   Karly 0 Votes
Lauren - Praise JESUS the calls finally stopped for me!! I called 1800 376-5688 and then started dialing these extensions:

x 1613 Colby Evans - manager
x 1618- Bob
x 1632- Tina
x 1650-Brian

I left a message for each of them (provided their mailbox wasn't full). I actually didn't have to wait more than an hour for a callback - in my voicemail I only left my name, number, and advised it was URGENT. Once I got someone on the line, I advised that my number is on the Nat'l Do Not Call list and that I had asked multiple reps to remove me from the list but kept getting called. The person I talked to said they understood and that they would have me removed from the "Auto Dialer".

...oh, and I documented each and every number I was called from and the time (thanks to my cell phone keeping track of that) and filed 2 separate FCC complaints.

Good luck!!
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   CSR for a call center 0 Votes
i know everyone is upset about the warranty calls for there cars or cars they havent owned in 3, 5, or even 6 years! please realize that the person you first speak to is just doing there job and isnt physically dialing your number but an auto dialer is dialing you! Reps have no clue what kind of calls are coming in and YOU NEED TO blame the people selling your numbers, not the represenatives recieving the calls. The reps just do there jobs and the warranty companies purchase the data on who to call. KEEP IN MIND THAT EVERYTIME YOU CALL AN 800 NUMBER OR PURCHASE PRODUCTS THRU INFORMERCIALS, YOUR PHONE NUMBER WILL BE "RECYCLED" AND USED FOR OTHER DATA SINCE YOURE KNOWN AS A "BUYER" OR "CUSTOMER." These customer service reps are just doing there job and they havent personally spoken with you, YOU have spoken to someone else in any of the 100000's call centers nationwide. be nice and if you want your number removed just kindly ask because IT WILL GET REMOVED!!! it takes 24-72 hours because your number needs to get "scrubed" thru the nat'l DNC and the companies DNC. Thanks for your time for reading this, but call centers taking your calls dont rip anyone off... they dont even ask for your address or credit card numbers. call center reps are not selling anything, just pre-qualifying your car to make sure its running and within the warranties guidelines! the people wearing the phone headsets at the call center are also people and have a family to support so please be curtous! :o) i am one of them and i go home to my beautiful baby every night after being called a bitch and worthless cunt everyday. but its a paycheck, right? call centers dont scam you!!!

How to Ask for a Raise