logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (19 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
3. (22 mins ago)

Warranty America, Carchex

Posted:    usaborn_01

Extended Warranty failures

Warranty America, Carchex, Mepco
The info. below was in response or went along with another post, but I felt it should be added as a separate complaint. It seems that some people respond to the various posts and threads stating that they are VP's, employees, etc. of Warranty America and state that they are committed to customer satisfaction. Well...If they continue to sell their service, collect payments, and then not honor the language of the warranty contract they sell you and don't try to contact each person to resolve issues, then they stand out as a dishonorable company to deal with. If they'd like to settle with me, I'll be glad to make note of it here. Come on Warranty America, the people are waiting to sing their praises about how supportive of a company you are. I can be contacted at usaborn01@msn.com

I'm a Maryland customer and am starting into what I think was a rip off warranty on my 2002, 93k mile Avalanche, ...but hope to be wrong. My truck is in the shop for power window problems and coolant loss problems. Warranty America tells the shop(Dealer) that the power window motor is covered but they don't agree with the dealers price on parts and that they'll call the dealer back in a couple hours after they check around with their own sources. The WA rep also argued with the shop manager about replacing one part, not the assy.. The rep double checked after arguing the matter and conceded that it would be the assy.. Well, the shop manager hadn't heard anything back from the WA rep. and was gonna check back after lunch. The comment above stating "Third, WE do not control how long any vehicle is in any shop. We are not the ones doing the work so how can we?!" Oh, butyes they do control how long the vehicle is in the shop. Right now, mine sits waiting for WA rep to agree to shop parts price or provide the parts.
Next problem is the failed heads on my engine that are leaking coolant. WA rep says that's not a covered item. I thought pretty much all of the motor and powertrain were covered. Replacement heads will run me approx. $3000 after diag and parts, new GM motor (with 3yr/100k warr) will run $5400 installed. Well, since WA doesn't seem to cover much, I'm stuck with the bill, so I'll try GM's warranty on the new motor. Hope they at least cover a power window and then maybe cancellation of warranty is all that is left unless WA wants to correct all the above problems their having fulfilling their promises???
I ended up with the warranty from WA on the basis that Carfax refers buyers of vehicles to Carchex which in turn ends up being this Warranty America. Good luck to all, but from the reading of the previous post's, it appears that WA is scamming or just very poorly managed.
Like I said above, I hope all these complaints are wrong and WA stands up and smooths the road on repairs, but right now my truck and wallet are in the shop!!!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2010 by   JOHN P. 0 Votes
I PURCHASED COVERAGE FROM CARCHEX THE REP EXPLAINED HOW IT WORKED AND I ASKED HIM SEVERAL TIMES AS HE MADE IT SOUND SO EASY AND PROMISED ME IT WAS COMPLETELY HASSLE AND PROBLEM FREE, I ASKED HIS SUPERVISOR AS WELL BECAUSE I WANTED A CONFORMATION AS TO WHAT THE REP WAS SAYING WAS TRUE, THE SUPER. TOLD ME THE SAME..ALL YOU DO IS HAND THE CARD WE SEND YOU TO THE MECHANIC AND HE CALLS THE # ON THE CARD GIVES THE INFO AND IN TURN THEY GIVE HIM THE CORP. CREDIT CARD OVER THE PHONE AND ITS DONE JUST LIKE THAT!!, I SAID AGAIN JUST LIKE THAT? HE REPLIED IT IS COMPLETELY HASSLE FREE AND PROBLEM FREE FOR YOU AND YOUR MECHANIC!! NO DELAYS HE SAID NONE!!! WE MAKE IT EASY!!! I SAID OK SO I BOUGHT THE COVERAGE WELL AFTER THE 30 DAY AND 1000 MILE WAITING PERIOD MY VEHICLE HAD A BREAKDOWN I SIMPLY BROUGHT IT TO MY MECHANIC HE CALLED THE # ON THE CARD AND COMPLETLEY CONTRARY TO WHAT THE REP AND HIS SUPERVISOR PROMISED ME MY MECHANIC WAS HASSLED AND MANY PROBLEMS DID OCCUR!! I WA ALSO DELAYED FOR SEVERAL DAYS BECAUSE NOW UNTOLD BY THE REP OFCOURSE I HAD TO WAIT FOR A INSPECTOR TO SHOW UP AND APPROVE MY VEHICLE I WAS OUTRAGED!!! THIS WAS NOT THE HASSLE FREE PROBLEM AND DELAY FREE SERVICE I WAS PROMISED BY THOSE REPS!!!AFTER A WEEK OF MY VEHICLE BEING IN THE SHOP THE CO. DOES CALL MY SHOP AND TELL THEM ITS APPROVED AND THEN THE MECHANIC FINISHS MY CAR BUT IT STILL SITS THERE FOR DAYS BECAUSE THE CO. IS SUPPOSED TO CALL WITH THE CORP CREDIT CARD THEY DON'T!!! SO ICALL THEM AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THERE SAYS IT WILL BE DONE WHEN WE ARE READY!! AND HANGS UP ON ME I WAS APPALLED!!! I WAS PISSED TO NO END!! THEY DON'T THINK I NEED MY CAR??? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SCAM IS THIS!!! SO THEY FINALLY CALL WITH THE CARD INFO MY MECHANIC AND ME ARE PISSED TO HELL, I WILL NEVER USE THAT PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY AGAIN!!! THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! WHAT THEY DO IS FRONT THESE REPS UP TO SELL THIER PRODUCT AND PURPOSELY MISREPRESENT THIER PRODUCT TO THE PUBLIC AND COMPLETLEY LIE TO AND DESEAVE THE POTENTIAL CUSTOMER WHEN THE CUSTOMER BUYS THE PRODUCT BASED ON THE DECEPTIVE LIES HE WAS GIVEN BY THE LYING ASS REPS HE IS SHOCKED TO FIND THAT IT IS NOT AS EASY AND HASSLE FREE AS PROMISED BY THE REPS!!! I AM REPORTING THIS COMPANY TO THE BBB AND ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER AGENCY I CAN THINK OF...THESE KIND OF SCAMS MUST BE STOPPED!!! PEOPLE TODAY WORK TO HARD FOR THIER MONEY AND SCAMS LIKE THIS POP UP TO STEAL YOUR MONEY I WON'T STAND FOR IT, EVERYONE I KNOW WILL KNOW WHAT KIND OF SLEEZY ASS SCAM CAR CHEX IS!!! I SEEN ON THE NET WHERE THE CEO OF CARCHEX WAS AWARDED SOMETHING FOR 2010 I WONDER WHAT THAT AWARD WAS??? MOST PEOPLE SCAMMED IN 2010????
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   THE UN-CAPED CRUSADER -1 Votes
THESE GUYS ARE SCAMMERS !!! YOU WILL NOT GO UNHASSLED !!! THEY WILL REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE WITH A PART FROM A JUNKYARD !!! MAKE SURE YOU LUBE YOUR REAREND BEFORE DEALING WITH THESE JERKS !!!
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   Bear3040 -1 Votes
I also purchased a warranty from Car chex and Alpha Warranty Service, Draper Utah. My nightmare has just begun. My car has been down over 30 days now and Alpha Warranty "rejected the claim" the 1st time. It is supposedly under review again. Alpha claimed oil starvation as the reason my car had a rod bearing go and when I proved them wrong, they now want me to tear down the engine completely "to find the exact cause" when the 1st time was good enough to reject the complaint. A delay tactic. Anyone else have problems with Alpha Warranty? I've seen up to 17 recent complaints about them from the BBB.
I supposedly have a bumper to bumper full coverage warranty. Car Chex doesnt seem to be able to do anything with Alpha Warranty.
Contact me with any info about at bkgunnut@comcast.net My next move will be the Utah State Atty gen office.
 8th of Sep, 2010 by   Oneangrymofo -1 Votes
I am living through a nightmare with these people myself. Mine is a long and frustrating story which I really don't have the time or inclination to detail here but suffice it to say I have been completely inconvenienced and scammed by Carchex and Administration Plus (their underwriter) to the tune of thousands of dollars and weeks of time without my car.

I will be contacting the BBB today about this, , , ,
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   usaborn_01 -1 Votes
I feel that I completely donated money to carchex(and the other names they operate under) for a service that they seem to want to avoid at all costs of providing. You're better off taking your chances and holding onto your cash than to get any kind of so-called coverage from these companies.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Antioneadam12 -1 Votes
I have two vehicles with carchex warranties and they are 0 for 2. They wouldn't fix either of the problems. Both were repairs to areas of the truck that are covered, but the devil is in the details. Definitely don't fall for their POWER WINDOWS coverage, its a total scam.
I basically paid $4000 for a false peace of mind.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   SJ100 -1 Votes
I have been very serious about considering the Carchex extended warranty for my four vehicles (Sequoia, BMW, Lexus, Corvette) for peace of mind. In fact, I just talked to their representative a while ago and everything sounds very easy when having your car fixed. But after reading all your complaints, I have found similarities of complaints and no respect from their customer service upon making the claim. Now I have finally decided NOT to go with Carchex. Thank you for all your input in educating all of us customers.
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Dena B -1 Votes
Carchex has not agreed to either of the repairs, that were supposedly covered based on language in the warranty. My air conditioner went out, and the warranty stated that it would pay for condenser failure. The condenser coil went out, and don't you know, that is just not covered. Then, another problem with an accelerator pedal?, also not covered. This warranty, which I also purchased for security/safety reasons, has cost me 1, 600.00, but I will never fall victim to this BS again. I, too, plan to report them to BBB, but what are the repercussions for them?
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   Raleigh23 -1 Votes
The problem is that Carchex is just a broker for the warranty. As long as they accept your payment and get you in a contract with a warranty company, then Carchex has done everything they promised to do and get a good BBB rating. When the warranty company screws you over and you complain about Carchex, they just defer everything to the warranty company... Then the screwy warranty company changes its name after enough complaints to start fresh again.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   Paul Stratch 0 Votes
I am the CFO of AAS/Warranty America. If the individual that made this complaint wants to contact me I can have the claim reviewed. However, I will say that NO contract covers everything - even the manufacturer contracts. In fact, we often cover things that even the manufacturer wouldn't. We pay out millions of dollars in claims, but unfortunately there are some that must be denied. It's not our choice - there are contract terms that must be observed. That's what any customer with any contract must realize. We do employ ASE Certified former mechanics in an effort to make sure our customers get the best possible service. It's not "poor management" just because some claims are denied or customers don't get their way. If we make a mistake, we will correct it, unlike most companies. However, we will not do what every customer wants just because they make complaints, especially if what they want contradicts the contract terms.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   mk1234 -1 Votes
They are also RACISTS. Stephanie Martin 877-CARCHEX ext. 1123 sent a mail with racists jokes. I have it in position and plan to use it as proof.
 13th of May, 2011 by   JohnPen09 -1 Votes
I purchased a CarChex warranty, I have yet to talk to anyone at CarChex. They don't return telephone calls or emails. Like all the other extended auto warranty companies, your car is covered until it needs repair.
 19th of May, 2011 by   michaelyn -1 Votes
I was about to get carchex when I read these reviews and changed my mind. Can anyone help me with a better warranty company? I really need the extended warranty because I have a 2005 Cadillac Deville with 135000 miles and I am afraid that when it starts to break down the parts will cost too much money. Please help me cause my dealership warranty ends in 2 weeks! Please help ASAP!!
 25th of May, 2011 by   regeniaspurpose -1 Votes
Hello everyone, after reading all the write ups about CarChex, I have decided not to go with them. If it looks like a duck, then maybe it is a duck. Can anyone please refer me to a good company that can cover me with my 2000 BMW 540i. 106, 000 miles. Thanks for sharing. Wish more people shared there experiences, it would save us so much money.
 27th of May, 2011 by   Jason Goldsmith +3 Votes
My name is Jason Goldsmith and I am the Co-Founder and CEO of CARCHEX. It’s very disappointing to see the negative experiences reported about CARCHEX on this site. Our brand promise is “Customer Experience Above All” and if any of these claims are accurate then we did not deliver on that promise. While each of your issues should have been addressed through our dedicated customer service department it appears for whatever reason they were not. I am a bit confused however why these forum postings are the first time that I am hearing about these complaints since my direct contact information is made easily accessible to each of our customers and potential customers for the exact purpose of being able to speak directly to me in order to help resolve any open issue or provide suggestions on how we can improve our customer experience. If you have an issue or complaint you or any of our customers can reach out to me directly at CEO@CARCHEX.COM or by phone at 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449. I will respond to each issue in a timely manner.

Most of these complaints seem to stem from an unhappy customer who has had a claim denied. The fact of the matter here is that the nature of a service contract is that it is just that, a contract. Claims are adjudicated based on the language of the contract. There is no other fair or legal way for a service contract administrator to pay claims. Some claims do get denied but many more get paid and paid quickly. The real facts are that CARCHEX has been in automotive consumer protection business for over a decade, we have fewer complaints than any other company in the industry and assist hundreds of thousands of consumers each year who are shopping for a vehicle service contract. Now I realize I can’t make every customer or potential customer happy but we do want to try and we do address every issue or complaint that may come our way and take each issue very seriously. If we are in the wrong we will make it right. If you question that please contact me directly. I appreciate forums like this one because they help me make CARCHEX a better company but unfortunately they do nothing to help resolve the issue that caused the frustration that caused the posting of a complaint or concern.

My single goal with this post is to remind each of you that you have another outlet to resolve a dissatisfaction you may have with CARCHEX. You can always contact me and I promise to do everything I can to help you reach a satisfactory resolution to your issue and deliver on our brand promise. If I don’t keep that promise you can always let everyone know by posting your experience on this site.

Sadly most people don’t take the time to post online about the positive experiences they have with a company but fortunately for us many of our customers have. I would ask you to check some of these testimonials located at http://www.carchex.com/about-us/warranty-testimonials where real customers have thoughtfully taken the time to send us videos about their excellent experience with CARCHEX and they’re certainly not the only ones who think CARCHEX lives up to its brand promise. As of today we have over 25, 500 fans on Facebook. That’s more fans then all of our competition combined. Lastly as you educate yourself about vehicle service contracts you may want to check out our site dedicated to exposing the real scams to look out for in this industry at http://www.carchexscamalerts.com.

I’m sure some people will continue to use this forum to anonymously bash CARCHEX but I hope that most people who read this or who have posted on this forum in the past will contact me directly to actually receive a fair resolution to an issue they may have had and engage in a dialogue.

Thank you for reading my post and again please contact me with any questions, comments or issues at CEO@CARCHEX.COM or 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Coop@sc -1 Votes
I also have a contract with Carchex, and I also got screwed over when my car broke down. I had it towed to a shop when my transmission overheated on the highway, but by then it had cooled off so it drove again. They said it had a burnt up 5th gear clutch pack and it would need to be rebuilt or replaced. Carchex sent out their "ASE Certified" specialist to look at it, the guys at the shop said he smelled like alcohol and they thought he was drunk. He didnt even drive the car, he made one of the shop's people drive and he rode in it for like 5 minutes they said, and then he left, saying "its fine nothings seems wrong." When I spoke to Carchex about this they didnt care at all and they denied my claim. They are a complete scam and a waste of money, stay away from them. I had an aftermarket warranty with a different company before and they did fine, I made the mistake of using Carchex this time to save money. Now Im just another example of a US Military member being taken advantage of by a dishonest corporation...
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   regeniaspurpose 0 Votes
Hello Sir, will you please tell the name of the company that you went with before that you didn't have any problems with. We are still searching for a company. We work to hard to loose our money.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Jason Goldsmith +1 Votes
Coop@sc, to verify you are not a competitor making a bogus post please provide the last 7 digits of your VIN or Contract Number so I can identify you as a customer and I would be happy to look into this matter for you. I do have say however, the sequence of events you have described seem impossible based on the way the claims process works which is why I suspect this is a bogus post from a competitor. I hope I am wrong here about this posts validity and can be of assistance to you. Unfortunately as is the case with many posts online this may simply be a competitor trying to use this forum as a tool to anonymously bash CARCHEX. As I posted above you can also reach me directly at CEO@CARCHEX.COM or by phone at 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449. Again I apologize if this is a real issue but the sequence of events you describe and the fact that you have had the opportunity to discuss this with me directly and thus far have chosen not to, have raised some doubts as to the validity of this post. I take the time read these posts myself and take actual complaints very seriously and am looking to provide a resolution and to actually help customers. So please if you are a real customer reach out to me so I can help.
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   usaborn_01 0 Votes
It sounds like Paul Stratch and Jason Goldsmith need to talk with eachother about the problems Warranty America and Carchex are incurring with warranty holders. Paul should be aware of my situation it he looks back in archives of dealings with the Maryland State Attorneys Office. Warranty America got agreement with the State Attorneys office on denial of my claim on the 2002 Chevy heads that had cracks in them after 93k miles. WA stated that because GM/Chevy had a TSB stating that the heads could develop cracks, then it would be a manufacturing defect and not a covered item by WA. WA also stated that it would not be covered because it was not an internally lubricated part. GM/Chevy stated that yes there is a TSB, which is exactly what it is, a troubleshooting bulletin to assist mechanics in finding/diagnosing hard to find problems on vehicles, and not a recall or warranty for a defect part. If a head develops a crack after close to 100k miles, is it a manufacturing defect, or just a part that finally gave after many miles???? I feel that most auto manufacturers would consider it more of a wear and tear item, not a covered defect, which then puts it under a warranty replacement item then...hopefully. The service manager at the dealership in Maryland that I dealt with stated that if I had a GM warranty on the truck that it would definitely cover replacement of the heads, TSB or not. He could not envision why WA would not cover the heads. I ended up replacing the engine since it wasn't alot more than heads replacement and carried a GM warranty on the engine. Even after replacement of the engine, I'd be happy if I could recoup the cost that would have been incurred for the heads replacement, approximately $3000 at the GM dealership. I am not an anonymous complainer, WA certainly has my email contact info(usaborn01@msn.com) and Carchex has it too. If they wanted to resolve issues with me, they certainly could contact me, and if resolved I would gladly post a positive comment about them :-) If they need to make sure I'm not a competitorfiling bogus complaints, my last 7 digits of my VIN are: G307038. I've done plenty of chasing the carrot game, they can contact me. Good luck to all, and IF I should get some kind of positive action out of Carchex and Warranty America, I will post further.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   Paul Stratch 0 Votes
I was able to locate the claim in question. There NO question that this is a manufacturing defect, because there is a technical service bulletin for THIS particular vehicle for THIS exact problem. The contract specifically excludes covering items for which a manufacturer has announced it's responsibility, which is only logical. How could you expect a small, independent company to take on the liability for a major manufacturer defect. You cannot make the argument it's just a failure from "time and miles", as you seem to be making, because it's the exact situation listed by the manufacturer as being the problem. In addition, as I pointed out to the customer and the state more than once, the contract only covers heads if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated part. If the heads are just cracked, even if it's not a manufacturer defect, that is not typically going to be covered. That type of damage is typically from overheat, which is not covered. Any way you look at it this would not be covered. This is not a "borderline" or "gray area" claim. The contract is quite clear. I would simply remind anyone reading this that just because the customer does not see the outcome they desire does NOT demonstrate negatively upon us. We have a contract here and are obligated to uphold those terms. We have done that in this case and to expect us to do something else would be expecting or requiring us to ignore the contract terms.

Is The Oklahoma Tax Commission Shortchanging Some Cities?

Latest Groups