logo

5695 Yukon Street
Arvada, Colorado
Phone: 800-531-1925
warrantyamerica.net
I purchased on phone call from there salesman two auto warranties. One for our 1998 GMC SIERRA and one for our 2001 S10 chevy p/u on October 25, 2007. The 1998 Sierra we had paid the warranty in full 1764.00 it was a power train only warranty on that one. Bought a new 2008 HHR on March 31,

2008 called them told them I had traded in the truck for this and they asked me to fax the disclosure statement for the mileage and we did and sandra the business supervisor said after 60 days we would get a pro rated check back due to we had paid the warranty in full. I calculated from miles and time we had left easily we should have gotten back at least close to 1200.00. I have faxed, emailed, and phoned hundreds of times to these folks and all I get is the a voice mail and no response or the run around.

I finally called and demanded from there salesman got sandra and she tells me they never got a fax or email though I have actually talked to salesman answering there phones then they put you to there customer service which in turn you get the voice mail every time and no response. Well I finally supposedly get sandra the boss she tells me now also my s10 warranty was canceled on July 14 2008 and the contract says they have to give me notice if its canceled, and I had paid all my payments so far current including I had just paid a month ahead

For the august 21 payment, told her what she trying to scam on folks here! She also told me she would get back with me that day last week, of course as usual it was a hoax. So now I am researching on how to file a claim on them without having to leave the state of Alaska. Figure they owe us now nearly 2000.00 with both of my warranties now canceled. But whatever you do don't buy a auto warranty from there scammers.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008 by   Jason Currier 0 Votes
My name is Jason Currier, Vice president of Warranty America. I have read your complaint and wish to help. Your complaint is consistant with others i have recieved and would like you to email both contract numbers to me so that i cna look into your situation and see what i can do to right a wrong. I am very sorry for you bad experience. I do want you to know that we do not have a Sandra that works here and never have had someone with that name her. I do believe i know who you are referring to and would like you to know that she works for a company that is not Warranty America. Please send me the info so i can help.
 13th of Oct, 2008 by   Cliff Devereaux 0 Votes
I am receving calls from various telephone numbers advising me that my warranty is about to expire. Well I have a lease. They are representing your company according to the call I got today 10/13/08. If you google your company name you will find all kind of complaints. Google for youself. I have contacted FBI and FTC. I work for a car dealership and I know this is a scam. If you would like to talk to me email me with your direct number. I spoke with a rep. from your company who only said he would passs it on. I am a retired police officer and do plan on letting this go. If you are a legitimate company it is my belief you really need to investigate this. Thank you for you time, Cliff
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Warranty America -1 Votes
My name is Rebecca Swartz, Consultant for Warranty America, LLC. I have read your concerns and would like to offer you the following accurate information about Warranty America. Warranty America does not sell its contracts directly; it does not contact consumers directly via voice broadcasting or any other form of telephone solicitation, nor does it condone high pressure sales tactics. However, Warranty America does have many legitimate marketing companies and dealerships who offer its contracts. Warranty America vendors sign strict agreements clearly outlining its policy regarding voice broadcasting and telephone solicitation. To learn more or if you have any additional information that you feel could help our effort to stop illegal voice broadcasting and multiple phone call solicitation, please visit our website at www.warrantyamerica.net or contact Jason Currier, Vice President, at (800) 531-1925 ext. 203 or jasoncurrier@warrantyamerica.net. He will be happy to address your concerns. Additionally, if you have purchased a vehicle service contract from a marketer selling our contracts illegally, please contact Automotive Warranty Service Contract Association at www.warrantybestpractices.com. They will reimburse you and launch an investigation. Thank you for your help in this matter.
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I continue to experience unreasonable difficulties with this firm. Each and every time I have had to file a claim they have used deceptive tactics to attempt to circumvent their responsibilities. My most recent was a case of a defective differential. My shop contacted them for authorization for the repair. The shop is a reputable organization and all mechanics are trained and certified. The shop and also the manufacturer note that the method for repair of this situation is to replace the differential with a factory rebuilt unit and that no internal parts can be replaced by the typical shop.

After the shop contacted Warranty Americas claims representative, Chris, they were informed that Warranty America would only authorize the shop to tear down the differential and repair the internal components. My shop, Silverstar Service, noted that they did not have the ability to perform this repair and knew of no shop in the state that did this type of work. They requested Warranty America provide the name and location of a reputable shop to perform this work. The agent for Warranty America, after some effort noted that they were also unable to find a shop that would perform this service and instructed the shop that it was my responsibility to a capable repair facility.

In the interim I have contacted Diamler directly and have been informed, that this is not possible as no shop or dealer would have the specialty tools needed to perform such a repair and that the cost would significantly exceed the cost of the rebuilt unit authorized by them. Of course Warranty America knows this and is using this dodge to avoid their responsibilities.

I am fortunate that we have several vehicles and have the time and resources to fight this situation. I am not sure at this time how long this process will take but frankly I will not stop until this is litigated, even if it means I must go to Colorado with my lawyer. Such fraudulent tactics cannot be allowed to continue!
 1st of Jan, 2009 by   Chuck Menninger 0 Votes
Here's my problem with this company...

Copy of my BBB complaint...

Consumer's Original Complaint :
This company is always difficult to deal with. They use unethical business practices to avoid paying a bill, especially the higher dollar amounts.I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty, which this company has setup techniques to get out of paying the bill.I took my covered Corvette to Evans Chevy in Front Royal, VA. The dealer diagnosed that my vehicle had faulty fuel pumps. The dealer performed all required phone calls and cooperated with all demands of Warranty America's inspector. This caused my vehicle to spend over two extra weeks in the shop. Warranty America gave the dealer the option of using the sub-standard part that warranty america would ship to them or use the GM part with a life time warranty that I would be forced to pay the difference for. I wanted the GM part and informed the dealer. The dealer installed the parts. Warranty America refuses to pay me anything and denied the claim because the dealer did not give Warrany America my verbal decision to take the GM part and pay the difference. They claim that the dealer not telling them this detail negates their responsibility to me. What is really dumb is that Warranty America said that they were ready to pay if the call was made, but it is now to late to even settle on a reasonable solution. The point is that they owe a minimum of what they were willing to pay for their cheap parts after their own inspector traveled from Washington DC to take pictures of the broken parts.I feel that based on other complaints that I see online, that this company is operating unethically and not fulfilling it's obligations to the customers that paid for these warranties. They talk a lot of talk to sell the warranty, but do not perform as promised.Thank you for your assistance BBB!
DesiredSettlementID: Other (requires explanation)
Product_Or_Service: Extended Vehicle Warranty
Order_Number: WAL-652602
Purchase_Price: 1996.00

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
I want the company to pay what they were going to pay if I accepted the option of America Warranty's non GM parts. I knew that I was to pay the difference, because I did so the last time I had trouble with this company on a simple repair.

BBB Processing

12/15/2008 web BBB Case Received by BBB
12/16/2008 sue BBB Case Reviewed by BBB - Accredited Business
12/16/2008 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
12/16/2008 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute - Accredited Business
12/17/2008 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Contact Name and Title: Paul Stratch
Contact Phone: 303-420-7488
Contact Email: paulstratch@warrantyamerica.net
First of all, this customer has submitted 2 claims and BOTH have been paid! So he has some nerve complaining publicly on the BBB. That is more than slightly misleading. Second, he should be careful making baseless allegations in public that could harm our very good reputation because we will not tolerate that. Third, WE do not control how long any vehicle is in any shop. We are not the ones doing the work so how can we?! Fourth, the contract terms clearly state no claims will be paid without prior authorization. He cannot blatantly violate the contract terms and then call us "dumb" for enforcing those very terms, which we are required to do.
If this customer can keep his baseless comments and allegations to himself and more clearly explain what he wants from us, I'm happy to look at it. I'm not aware of any difference paid by him, because how could we be. I'm only aware of the 2 claims we have paid.
12/17/2008 sue EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
12/18/2008 WEB BBB BBB REVIEWS CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO BUSINESS RESPONSE : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
I submitted the complaint on the evening of 16 December after a Warranty America employee said that my claim was being denied.
Events since the complaint was filed...
On the morning of 17 December 2008, I secured an agreement with the car dealer for them to furnish me with a notarized statement of the events that took place while my car was in their care. The contents of which I have not seen yet. I only got a verbal of some of the things that the dealer witnessed and experienced.
After securing this agreement from the dealer, I contacted Warranty America to ask them to fairly settle my claim. The lady on the phone said that my claim would be settled, but she needed to determine the amount that I would be reimbursed. At first, she mentioned $739. I then informed her that I paid out $1769 for the repair. I knew that Warranty America, from my first use of the warranty, would only reimburse for the cost of parts they acquire from their resources (a fact that would have caused me not to purchase the plan - its a Vette). However, a thousand dollars difference did not sound logical. She said that she would look at the bill I faxed in again and personally process and mail me a reimbursement. I don't know what the reimbursement is, so I don't know how I will feel about the fairness of it. After all, I was sold a bumper to bumper warranty with no mention of non-GM parts for a "Corvette" at the time of purchase. This fact only came to light on the occasion of my first reimbursement from a past repair last Summer.
 1st of Jan, 2009 by   Chuck Menninger 0 Votes
These guys have taken me for a ride too on two repairs. Most of my local car repair places will not touch their warranty with a ten foot pole. Don't buy from them unless you want to risk a repair not to your satisfaction, especially if you own an expensive ride like a corvette. Here's an example why...

My Complaint to BBB... Will complaining to the Justice Department of Colorado help?

Consumer's Original Complaint :
DesiredSettlementID: Other (requires explanation)
Product_Or_Service: Extended Vehicle Warranty

12/16/2008 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute - Accredited Business
Contact Phone: 303-420-7488
Contact Email: paulstratch@warrantyamerica.net
12/17/2008 sue EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
Events since the complaint was filed...
At this time, I'm waiting for the reimbursement mentioned on the phone and in their response to BBB to come in the mail. I know this will take another day or two to receive. I will know from the amount if I was treated fairly on my bumper to bumper warranty with no deductable.
My request is that Warranty America work with me and come to a reasonable settlement. I also want to work better on future repairs. The car has 52, 000 and the warranty goes to 100, 000. So, I know we need to do business to the best of our capabilities.
Warranty America, Can we work better together in the future? I simply want my Vette repaired properly and fair reimbursements.
 19th of Jan, 2009 by   Paul Stratch -2 Votes
Wait - so let me get this straight: WE are taking you "for a ride" on these claims? NOT the shop - it's US that is doing this, is that your position? I think you need to be more clear in these posts since everyone can read them. Go back to my BBB response. We do NOT DO ANY WORK, and we don't do ANY billing for those repairs either. If you have a problem with what the shop charged you, you need to take that up with them, period. It's entirely unfair to blame us when we can document the reasons for everything we authorize. We have ASE Certified Technicians working for us and they know full well what should be charged for these repairs.

We have NO problem paying a "fair and reasonable" price, but we are not going to allow any shop to just bill us for anything they want. We also will not allow them to turn the customer against us and attempt to pressure us as though this is somehow our fault. It is not. Our obligation is to adhere to the contract terms. I am more than willing to be fair to anyone, but what I will not do is throw money at people with no justification. We want to be in business for the long haul, not here today and gone tomorrow. That benefits no one.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   usaborn_01 0 Votes
I'm a Maryland customer and am starting into what I think was a rip off warranty on my 2002, 93k mile Avalanche, ...but hope to be wrong. My truck is in the shop for power window problems and coolant loss problems. Warranty America tells the shop(Dealer) that the power window motor is covered but they don't agree with the dealers price on parts and that they'll call the dealer back in a couple hours after they check around with their own sources. The WA rep also argued with the shop manager about replacing one part, not the assy.. The rep double checked after arguing the matter and conceded that it would be the assy.. Well, the shop manager hadn't heard anything back from the WA rep. and was gonna check back after lunch. The comment above stating "Third, WE do not control how long any vehicle is in any shop. We are not the ones doing the work so how can we?!" Oh, butyes they do control how long the vehicle is in the shop. Right now, mine sits waiting for WA rep to agree to shop parts price or provide the parts.
Next problem is the failed heads on my engine that are leaking coolant. WA rep says that's not a covered item. I thought pretty much all of the motor and powertrain were covered. Replacement heads will run me approx. $3000 after diag and parts, new GM motor (with 3yr/100k warr) will run $5400 installed. Well, since WA doesn't seem to cover much, I'm stuck with the bill, so I'll try GM's warranty on the new motor. Hope they at least cover a power window and then maybe cancellation of warranty is all that is left unless WA wants to correct all the above problems their having fulfilling their promises???
I ended up with the warranty from WA on the basis that Carfax refers buyers of vehicles to Carchex which in turn ends up being this Warranty America. Good luck to all, but from the reading of the previous post's, it appears that WA is scamming or just very poorly managed.
Like I said above, I hope all these complaints are wrong and WA stands up and smooths the road on repairs, but right now my truck and wallet are in the shop!!!
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   Cooter Dee 0 Votes
I was just contacted by a rep from WA, and wow!! They will go ON and ON and ON about how their warranty is the way to go. And it was only going to be $2849.00. I asked 3 questions in 20 minutes, and really never got an answer to any of them. I used the GMC Sierra story above to ask him how long I would have to wait if I traded in my car for a pro rated check...I never did get the answer to that. Thank goodness for the internet, I was able to research them while I was on the phone with this Yahoo. Needless to say, I wont be using WA. Thank you for all of your comments, it definently made my decision easier.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   Cooter Dee 0 Votes
This is from the BBB in Colorado, make your own educated decision.

Customer Complaint History
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 171 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 171 complaints closed in 36 months, 85 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
1 regarding Advertising Issues BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

1 - None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue

1 regarding Billing or Collection Issues BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

1 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

30 regarding Contract Issues BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.

19 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
2 - Invalid or false contract
9 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue

7 regarding Customer Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.
BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

3 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
1 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
3 - Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel

1 regarding Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

1 - Late delivery of products

89 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

41 - Disputed warranty coverage and/or terms
4 - Failure to honor money-back guarantees
33 - Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties
5 - Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee
6 - None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue

23 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

9 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
9 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
5 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

9 regarding Repair Issues BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, or inferior workmanship.

4 - Delayed completion of repair
2 - Failure to honor a repair estimate or agreement
1 - Improper or inferior repair
1 - None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
1 - Unauthorized repair

5 regarding Sales Practice Issues BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

3 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
1 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
1 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

5 regarding Service Issues BBB Definition:

1 - Failure to honor service estimate or agreement
2 - Improper or inferior service
2 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

These complaints were closed as:
131 Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

79 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
49 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
3 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer accepted.

40 Administratively Closed BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   Paul Stratch -1 Votes
This is Paul Stratch. I only have 2 things to state in response to ALL these posts:

1. Regarding the BBB posts - I respond to those personally. Read the entire thing. I'm perfectly content to explain ANY issue to ANYONE that wants to know the truth. If we make a mistake on a claim, we will admit it and make it right. However, we ARE bound by contract terms and well over half of the complaints about "Warranty America" are NOT about Warranty America at all! They are about the shop charging them more, or they are about the marketing company - just as all of these posts are.

2. Regarding us "contacting" people - we don't. We don't sell contracts. We don't contact people - EVER. If you are contacted by someone saying they are "Warranty America" they are lying, period. We don't make ANY outbound sales calls or do anything for sales. So any of these complaints referencing us in that way are not accurate.

Anyone can contact me via our website and I'm happy to discuss these or any other issues.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   Paul Stratch -1 Votes
Oh and one other thing regarding the number of complaints with the BBB. Well over 60% of those complaints are not about us at all, and of the ones that are, everyone reading this needs to keep in mind how many transactions that spans across. We are talking hundreds of thousands. Our "complaint ratio" when you factor in the level of volume of business we do is less than a half of ONE percent! That's one reason we maintain an A rating with the BBB and it was recently UPGRADED to A+!
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   esq 0 Votes
I received a call from "Warranty America" describing the call was not a solicitation. Which of course it is. The caller's first question was for me to verify my vehicle information. I retorted back for her to verify it for me since apparently they enough about my vehicle to be placing the call in the first place. The caller hung up. It also turns out that the number called from is spoofed and falsley represented.
I'm following up and placing as many legal complaints against this company as possible and will also be seeking additional support in hopes of spawning a class action lawsuit.
Regardless of what any so called "representative" is stating here - you're running an outfit using misleading business practices. And if indeed your telemarketers are at fault as well - you have failed to take corrective measures - for which you WILL be held accountable.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   esq 0 Votes
I'm adding an addendum: After doing further research, it very well may not be Warranty America who is at fault here - but is likely some other outfit attemtping to scam consumers. The phone number appearing for the telemarketing call turns out to be a spoofed phone number. I would ask Warranty Amwerica to take strong and agressive measures to discover who is doing this and put a stop to it because your company name is being smeared with bad publicity. I would hope you to pursue an agressive lawsuit and perhaps prosecution against the violators would be in your favor.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   KayneAtBrandeis 0 Votes
Hello Everyone,

I'm a student at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA, and I'm writing a research paper on the effectiveness of consumer-awareness websites. Specifically, I'm looking at how people can use the site not only as a forum to air grievances but also as a constructive tool used by businesses to help resolve disputes. I would really appreciate any input that anyone would be willing to give.

If anyone would be willing to share his or her experience, I'd be more than willing to listen. Please leave a comment below if you'd be willing to do so.

Thanks a lot!
Kayne
 1st of May, 2009 by   Steven 0 Votes
Just don't deal with them!
 22nd of May, 2009 by   JMJ 0 Votes
This information is for Jason Currier, Vice President, of Warranty America. Like you said Sir to let you know if someone calls to solicit business on behalf of Warranty America. I was contacted at work by a Mr. Mike Jecklin (1800-941-0722x3163) who said he wanted to know the miles on my car over 50, 000 and wanted to offor me an extended warranty from your company. He stated he was out of the National Call Center, Warranty Center in St. Louis, MO. He said he was a Vehicla Coverage Specialist. Stated he was working for WA, gave some of your history and offored me an Extended Warranty of 5yr, 100k bumper to bumper with $100 deductible and additional features for $4, 293 with 450 as down payment and 12 payments at 320 a month. If this person does not work for you or any of your affiliates you need to contact this company and shut them down or let us know if they are legit or not. You can email me at jmjohn3@yahoo.com with your response as well. I would like to get extended coverage from you but not sure after all I have read. Convince me why I should. Thanks
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   charlie 0 Votes
When I purchased the Warranty America, warranty on my Honda CR-V I was told the warranty was "bumper to bumper" and that it covered breakdowns and service and that I have a Zero dollar deductible. So far, i have tried to get coverage for 3 problems with my vehicle. I also asked them about the "manufacturer recommended maintenance" that is about due. In 2 of 3 cases, I was denied coverage! The coverage denials were due to "uncovered parts". The only thing covered was the repair of an electric door lock. So, I have spent in excess of $2000.00 dollars on what should have been "covered", based on what I thought I bought. Personally, I would NEVER do business with these scammers ever again. I don't care what weasel words they use to say that "they have honored their commitments" or whatever other BS they spout. Whoever they use as a marketing service, etc. is under their control. They choose NOT to ACCEPT responsibility under the guise of "oh, it was somebody else that promised you". You guys at Warranty America are the slime of the earth. And while you may have gotten my money for now (over $1800.00), I promise that I will tell everyone I know to stay as far away from you as possible. As far as the BBB reports go, I'm sure they only scratch the surface. I would Love to have a conversation with someone in authority (if there is such a thing) at Warranty America.
Charles Brengel
Very Dissatisfied Customer
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Jr. 0 Votes
Hi my name is "Jr" I have worked in the auto Industry for 19 yrs, 10 of it as a Business Manager.Yes I'm the one who sells you extended warranties and other things, and i must say reading all these complaints about buying"EXTENDED WARRANTIES" over the phone ."WARRANTY COMPANIES ...Do Not Call...customers and ask them to buy there product or services over the phone, it is to costly for them to do that.But before you buy an extended warranty on-line or from a dealer if your vehicle is NEW or has factory warranty you have until that time or that warranty runs out, so is your mfr warranty is 3yrs or 36000 miles you have have until that time to buy an extended warranty, don't let them pressure you into buy then.As for W/A if you know about this problem and your just sitting on your hands, then you should be held accountable for this you 'MUST" take action...thx and good luck..Car guy.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Jennifer Noriega +1 Votes
I also do not recommend Warranty America. I would sure hope that this Jason Carrier would contact me about my BBB complaint that never got settled. I paid a lot of money on my warranty and when it came time to use it I was declined. How does a car at 60, 000 miles need an upper engine head replacement? I was backed up on my claim by the Mercedes Dealerships Servicing department on my issue and was still declined by Warranty America. All of my maintenance issues on the car where completed on time and there was no lack of proper fuels or liquids in my vehicle.
please contact me if anybody could give me any advise jennifernoriega@cox.net
This is a copy of my complaint:
Subject: BBB Complaint Case#75063777(Ref#73-34000713-75063777-3-210)

Complaint ID#: 75063777
Business Name: Warranty America, LLC

Incident = I purchased a 2003 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor in February
of this year. The vehicle had between 44, 000 & 46, 000 miles on it. I
purchased the vehicle because it did not have very many miles and
thought that this car would last a long time without needing any major
repairs. Recently my check engine light went on and I took the vehicle
right away to the Mercedes Dealership. The car was first diagnosed with
misfires. The service department replaced an ignition coil and also had
me replace the spark plugs since the vehicle is now five years old.
Currently the vehicle has about 60, 000 miles. The engine light came
back on about a week or two later. I took my vehicle in again the same
morning. Warranty America required the service dept. to break down the
engine before sending an adjuster out. The adjuster went out and
inspected the vehicle. On the 10th of Oct. a message was left with the
service advisor that they, the Warranty Co., would not be covering the c
laim due to sludge. The service advisor contacted the warranty company
and told them that this was clearly a mechanical breakdown. The
warranty company said that the contract excluded sludge/carbon build up.
When I contacted the warranty company it was told to me that the vehicle
would not be covered because of maintenance issues. The adjuster had
notated in his notes that I was not using the correct fuel (which should
be Premium). The warranty customer service rep asked if I had any gas
receipts. I did not at the time but did tell him that I did indeed use
the premium fuel. The customer service rep then transferred me to a
claims adjuster who said that the company would not cover the claim due
to contamination. The claims adjuster then had his supervisor take a
look at the claim. Later that day the claims supervisor called me and
said that Warranty America would still not cover the claim due to
contamination and because of maintenance issues. The service departmen
t at the dealership told the Warranty Company that there have been no
maintenance issues. The warranty that I purchased was their "Bumper to
Bumper" coverage with wear and tear as well as gaskets and seals. I
also purchased the emissions package all to total over $2800. On their
website it clearly states under the "Bumper to Bumper" what is not
covered: The Bumper to Bumper program covers the cost of repairs due to
failure of all manufacturer installed mechanical and electrical part,
this coverage is so extensive, only the following are excluded.
Paint/carpeting; frame of structural separation; manual/hydraulic clutch
assembly; trim; hoses and rubber part; fiberglass top; any
repositioning, refitting or realigning; moldings; distributor cap/
rotor; tire/wheels; air bag/supplemental restraint systems; lenses;
battery and cables; all maintenance service and items such as
alignments, wheel balances, engine tune-ups, spark/glow plugs, plug
wires, brake pads, linings and s
hoes, filters; lubricants and coolants (unless in conjunction with
covered breakdown); hoses and v-style; belts; bright metal; light
bulbs/headlights; exaust system; weather stripping; body panels; brake
rotor/drum; normal fluid/oil lubricant seepage; canvas, vinyl or fabric
tops, satellite/GPS systems, video systems, remote compact disc or DVD
changers; (unless surcharge has been applied); shop supplies, hazard
waste removal; body adjustments; buttons, handles, door hinges, glass;
service adjustments; cleaning; retrofits or replacements of any
components caused by or due to compliance with law or legislation
including the 1990 Clean Air Act, and including emission control
equipment and sensors. Tires aEUR" The tire must be an original vehicle
manufacturer equipped tire, or replacement tire of the same size and
type, with no less than 3/32aEUR? tread depth, properly installed on you
r vehicle. Reimbursement is based on the price of original tires
purchased with your vehicle. Co
vered damage is defined as any road hazard caused damage necessitation
replacement of the tire.

In the contract that I purchased it does list a separate section of
exclusions: A BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY CONTAMINATION (FOREIGN OBJECTS OR
SUBSTANCES INCLUFDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SLUDGE) OF OR LACK OF PROPER
FUELS, FLUIDS, COOLANTS OR LUBRICANTS, INCLUDING A BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY A
FAILURE TO REPLACE SEALS OR GASKETS IN A TIMELY MANNER;. The warranty
company when asked by the service department and myself to continue
reading the clause instead of just stopping at CONTAMINATION they will
not and tell me that I need to just submit a letter to them telling them
that I disagree with their decision. The contract clearly states that
if they continue reading the contract aEURoedue to lack of proper
fuels, (which I now have receipts listing that I put in premium fuel),
fluids, coolants etc. I have not lacked in any way of the proper fluids
and the Service Dealership has confirmed this. When the computer in my
vehicle told me that I was nearing my Service A in July I took the
vehicle in a
s required. When speaking with the Warranty Company the warranty
company also said that the carbon build up could of been prevented by
having a aEURoeTop End Service performed to clean the fuel injection
systemaEUR? which is recommended but no where are they able to locate
where Mercedes Benz requires that nor their (Warranty America) company
guidelines. Warranty America then on a separate phone call said that
then the claim was declined because carbon build up causing damage to a
covered component is not covered. Their stating that in the contract
definitions area under Breakdown is the main reason for their denial;

aEURoeBREAKDOWNaEUR? or aEURoeMechanical BREAKDOWNaEUR? means the event
caused by the total failure of any COVERED PART to work as it was
designed to work in normal service. Please refer to the wording under
exclusions for a listing of conditions under which the failure of a
COVERED PART is not considered a Mechanical BREAKDOWN.

Warranty America keeps giving me different explanation for their denial
every time I give them a call. First it was due to sludge, then because
of not maintaining the vehicle properly, then contamination and
inputting the wrong fuel, contamination and because of not performing
the top end service to clean the fuel injection system and then because
of the Breakdown definition.

I purchased this contract from Carchex who assured me that this was the
best contract that I could purchase. IaEUR(tm)ve called Carchex
recently and asked a general question about their bumper-to-bumper
coverage and asked a question about having to having my engine or engine
head replaced and they said I was covered. I then asked if I would be
covered because of carbon build up. Ryan the representative who I
believe was the same representative that I spoke with before said that
it should be. IaEUR(tm)ve spoke with the specialist Manager Tom from
Carchex and he said that most often Contamination is caused by maybe
water in the fuel or maybe a bad seal and oil then leaking from the seal
and causing the engine to be contaminated. An engine light should be
alerted which at that time the consumer should take the vehicle in right
away. When my engine light came on I took the vehicle in that same
morning. My vehicle had not started running inaccurate in any way
anytime before that.

In the warranty contract from Warranty America the contract also states
this for Arizona, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A COVERED COMPONENT/PART TO
CORRECT CONDITIONS THAT MAY REASONABLY BE ASSUMED TO HAVE EXISTED AT THE
INCEPTION DATE OF THE COVERAGE PROVIDED BY THIS CONTRACT (DOES NOT APPLY
TO ARIZONA CUSTOMERS);

Damage Resulting = I am having to now pay close to $2800 in out of
pocket expenses. The recommendation is to replace the engine head. I
am not able to afford that, which is $5100. The service department is
required to list that I did not replace the engine head. This
unexpected charge is going to deeply affect me in my finance and has
already affected me stressfully.
Contact me = Y