logo

REGUS GROUP, MARK DIXON, HQ,
GLOBAL CONSUMER FRAUD
3. (43 mins ago)
Topix.com
Topix is gathering user's personal data, in conjunction with the NSA, to use it to, "spy on citizens, profile them and invasion of privacy
4. (52 mins ago)

Walter Mortgage
P.O. Box 31622
Tampa, Florida
waltermortgage.com
I am a first time buyer. I thought Jim Walter was a good idea, but boy am I wrong!. My mother always said what sounds good usually isn't. I wished I would have taken her advice.

I purchased a repossessed home in 2006 thinking I can avoid the hassle of contractors and the like.Everything looked fine when I looked at the home. My agent Chris Little was very anxious to get us to sign the paper work stating that someone else was inquiring about the house as well. I was anxious as well because we were displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and myfamily and I was tired of living in a F.E.M.A trailer.

Several weeks after we moved in they said that our AC unit has not ours but another homeowners. Chris said that it wa mistakenly placed on our house. We argued about we signed a contract with an AC, His comment was that he could not do anything about it. So, we had to purchase a new AC with the assumption that the would reimburse us (still waiting).

In July 2008 we received a letter stating that WM has purchased some insurance for us. We are with Best Insurors and our policy payment wasn't due until October (we are up-to-date on policy, we pay yearly). The next day we receive bill that states we know 900 because they purchase insurance. They said that they gives us an to purchase other insurance before our policy is up with Best Insurors.

So I went an purchased other insurance with another company. I did it in October. Well, they canceled Best but with that insurance they purchase through WM they still left a balance of 178, and they expect me to pay it. I told them no. Well, every month from October they have been tacking on fees and it have been messing with my payment. It seems no matter how much I send in I am still behind.

I have been receiving calls from Chris and he has had a very nasty attitude. No he has threatened foreclosure. This has been an experience I don't want to repeat. This company are scammers who need to be put out of business.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jan, 2009 by   ELAINE JOINER 0 Votes
I too have had a similar issue. We have a manager name Pisano that if you are a few days late he is knocking on the door, threatning to foreclose and throw you in the street. My husband lost his job due to the gas prices last year and we got one month behind but I was paying extra on the next month to get it caught up. The district manager came to the house and literally cussed my husband out, called him everything in the book, including the 4 letter "F" word and told him he had so many days to pay the rest of the mortgage. My husband is a very strong man, but he said he had never been cussed out and talked to like that before in his life, especially from a so-called business man. I am a disabled person, can't walk and has a breathing machine, we take care of our three grandchildren, who also have seizures and one is disabled with other ailments. They threatened to throw us in the street and told us he didn't care if we were disabled or not. We have lived here three years and this was the first time we had had any problems. They didn't even like the idea that we were paying our $4000 taxes in payments. Jim Walters is nice when you sign the papers but then they turn into the worst mortgage company in the US. Our other home was mortgaged by Household Finance and they were great. I can't wait to get our home re-financed with another mortgage company.
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   anna 0 Votes
I too purchased a repossesed home from Walter Mortage Company and I, as well, am a first time home buyer. I really did not know that there would be so many problems with this company.My nanager name is Darrell. He has a very nasty and hateful attitude.Like many others, he was very nice person until after you sign that contract.Things happen to everbody, but they dont seem to care.If you are late on your mortage he is always stateing that they are going to foreclose on your home. They are quick to purchase insurance on your home when your insurance expires on your home. It is very hard to purchase insurance from other companiesand to refinance.Alot of companies state that these homes are not valued at the market price that they value them at. My home was involved in a housefire.I went through to get my money so that I could rebuild my home.They sent my money in allotments. They also had to have Darrell come out to inspect before they could would release portions of the money. Ijust want to share some of my experiences with everyone.So, I say be careful when dealing with Walter Mortage Company.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   annador26 0 Votes
I recently had to file bankruptcy with the lay offs that was going on. My husband was laid off of his job and we got a little behind. Well I had a knock on my door one morning before the bankruptcy started, and it was Jim Walter Representatives telling me that they were about to foreclose, or that I could take 500 dollars and sign my house over to them, and be out of it in two weeks. Well I called my lawyer, and he called the main office. They would not return his calls, but they sent him a letter telling what we owed. They also added 1700 dollars in insurance to our account. I sent them a check to catch it up for 2700 dollars, and when I got my new statement, they applied only 216 dollars of it to my account. They applied the rest to finance charges, and said that we were still behind 2700 dollars. Looks like when they want a house they are relentless to get it. I don't know what is gonna happen, but I am sure they will find a way to screw me out of my home. We were also told that we were sorry people that were not worth the paper that the mortgage was wrote on. They even went as far as to say that we useless excuses for people, and that they didn't care what happened to us. Guess they don't care. I just am glad that I am a christian women and I know that one day these people will get what is coming to them. I think that the higher up that you are, the longer the fall will be when you come down.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   JeffT 0 Votes
We too have had the same experience. We were first time home buying, trying to get out of government housing. We thought this would be a step in the right direction, but boy were we wrong. This has been the worst experience we've ever had. We have been in this home for NINE years, and been threatened with foreclosure many times for being a month behind. Our represenitive is James Pecor, he also is nasty and hateful and threatens to kick us out. They also pressured us into signing the papers by telling us that someone else was on the verge of buying my home. They did no termite inspections on the home when we bought it. Our interest rate is 11%. Pecor tells us we have no option of refinancing. He also says to refinance we have to be caught up for one full year. He come knocked on the door and tried to actually come in the house saying he was going to do a preforeclosure inspection which I've never heard of in my life. The representative we had before Mr. Pecor was also very rude, he cussed my wife. They have also done us the same way with the insurance..(purchasing without letting us know and then hounding us about the money.)
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   carolyn 0 Votes
I fully agree. We are having athe same type trouble in Texas. The people are rude and hateful. We may be a few days behind on our payments, but they always get their payments. There are so many that can't even make a payment, but they like to harrass the one who do, even though they are a little slow. Seems like every time we feel one step ahead, they knock us 2 steps back. Always wanting more money, how is that so possible.
 5th of May, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO ALL BAN TOGETHER IN ORDER TO GET THINGS DONE THAT WE DESERVE AND HAVE ATTORNEYS WE HAVE FOUND ONE HERE IN TEXAS THAT WILL TAKE YOUR CASES IF YOU JUST CALL HIM HIS NAME IS HECTOR GONZALEZ AT 361-668-0325 WE CAN ALSO TALK TO YOU AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE HAVE DONE IN ORDER TO SECURE OUR HOMES AND OUR FUTURES
TERESA AND RAY HOLTON 361-364-3211 OR 361-738-9065
BETTY AND ROBERT TOVAR 361-364-3658 OR 830-433-0437
LETS ALL TALK AND SEE HOW WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT
DONT LET THESE PEOPLE FINISH CLOSING DOWN TO WHERE WE HAVE NO WAY TO PROTECT OURSELVES
 28th of May, 2009 by   bella 0 Votes
Hi everyone. I am a young single mother of two little girls. I found what I thought to be the perfect home in my area at a deal I could manage. I called the 800 number listed on the sign posted to the front porch and was told the agreements of purchasing the home from Walter Mortgage Group. The man we've been dealing with is Danny. After learning of the high interest rates, my mother made the decision to simply pay cash for the home and I would pay her back. It seemed easy enough. Why wouldn't a company take the cash money for the home and have it sold and the deal be finalized? Danny has done nothing but give my mom the run around for a week now. On Monday, he told her that they had an agreement and that he would get the paperwork faxed to her and they would close on the home by the end of the week. Two days went by and he wouldn't even return her calls. She's a persistent business lady and she knows what she's doing. She called and asked to speak to his boss. He called back with a new story. He then claimed to have another offer on the home. However, an hour later when she spoke with Danny again, nothing was mentioned about the supposed other offer and he blamed the holdup on having to get the agreement approved. Finally he told my mom they could close tomorrow on Friday if she would give him $1500 more than they originally agreed to! She agreed to that ONLY if he turned on the power so she could ensure the central unit and everything electrical worked as it should. He refused. He said that could not and would not be done. He stated that she would be given 3 days to back out if she bought the home and things did not work properly but she was simply trying to avoid the hassle of that. This is becoming so stressful! I'm calling the BBB of our area tomorrow and having this guy reported. No one should have to deal with someone so crooked when trying to buy a home for their family!
 28th of May, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
Bella
I am gettng lawsuits together in my area please read up on this company and see how many people they have scammed and ripped off and taking to the cleaners they dont want the cash they make their money off people and interest please make sure that you talk to an attorney first if you are in Texas call my attorney Hector P Gonzalez and see what advice he can give you if not call an attorney they are already trying to scam you and your mother
You have rights and they quoted you a price hold to your guns and make them prove that everything works in the house first thats your right and tnhey can not back out just because you want to pay cash attorney number 361-668-0325
 28th of May, 2009 by   bella 0 Votes
Thanks. I will have my mom call the attorney tomorrow. She's in real estate and has been for 20 years. She knows how buying/selling homes work so she's completely taken aback by how crooked this company seems to work. It seems like you are right. They dont want to sell the home. They want to find a sucker to pay the ridiculous interest which means they are paying more than the home is worth! Well they aren't gonna sucker us!!
 28th of May, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
Way to go protect your rights and dont let them make you pay more than the house is worth get an engineer and find out for sure what kind of shape the house is in mine is nine months old and falling apart at the seams it is not repairable it needs to be replaced
i have been in better 100 year old houses and my last barn was in better shape than this house
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   equal justice 0 Votes
Well it's nice to see like minds sticking together, it's becuase of "OH POOR ME" people like you that the mortgage industry is such a mess. Listen folks do you have any idea of the amount money floating out there that these mortgage companies loan you and thousands of others, can you imagine if they all used excuses like each of you are doing for not making your payments. You signed a contract guaranteeing that you would pay x amount of dollars each month, for x amount of months, no if ands or buts or excuses. For those of you who bought a foreclosed or repo home TOO BAD you bought it AS IS, WHERE IS!! Get all the attorneys you want and have a pitty party instead of getting off your dead beat butts and going to work to pay for you homes, shame on each of you all of you are the perfect example of dead beats and what is wrong with society today..
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
oh boy another one of jim walter homes do go give me a brownie My home is nine months old it was built on a property I have had for years and get your facts straight pal I am not complaining about my mortgage I am sueing for a home that is beyond repair and has been levelled three times in nine months and can not be leveled in the middle because it will separate and come apart
My Mortgage has never been the issue it is the defective house sitting here that I can not get finished nor repaired due to noone willing to risk thier lives to go under this house
So before you shoot your words that have no meaning know the facts
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Need Assistance ASAP 0 Votes
I purchases a JWM repo approximately four years ago. Due to the economic situation we are currently without a lot of work. We are self employed and work is very slim right now. I filed a chapter 13 to keep from losing the home. Then I transferred to a Chapter 13. I did get a little behind. But, if I sent two payments, when I got my statement I was further behind then before my payments were posted. Every month the excess charges just seem to grow and insurance, extra fees just seemed to grow every month. So to reaffirm I have to get caught up. I received a an email from JWM's attorney for the amount of approximately $2100 in February. I called JWM in March and requested a written payoff. I received it and is showed about $38, 500. In May I then called Mike Huffman's office in Tampa and received a verbal payoff for around $38, 500. My statements went from showing about $4, 000 past due to $7, 000 and now I am showing over $9, 000. I requested a written payoff, never received one. I received a letter from an Attorney for Foreclosure. So I called the Attorney and asked for a written payoff and to find out what the amount was that I was behind. Because there was no way with the different figures from the previous attorney, JWM statements and payoff history that I could come up with an accurate number. Instead I came up with multiple numbers. I tried refinancing the house, hard to due with termites. I met with their attorney, showed him my paperwork with the many, many different amounts. I asked for a past due amount. He started going over my payment history (this one I had never seen before). He showed me one month where I had paid two payments in December (it was suppose to make me current) then in January it showed me to be even further behind. It was like my payments just disappeared. So the Attorney said it showed that I was 13 payments behind over $5000. I still do not understand how two different attorney offices can have a $3, 000 difference in three months. Two weeks went by after my meeting with their attorney. He stated the day we met, that he would contact them so we could resolve this issue. I spoke with their attorney two weeks later. He stated that he has not received a response from JWM yet, that he was going to contact them again. I emailed the attorneys office for someone to contact me. Over a week later, still no information received. I am just trying to pay the amount that is suppose to be behind, to reaffirm this debt. But no one can give me an exact amount. I feel like they are just simply stalling. I have invested about $10, 000 to update this house and fix it from the termite damage. I have two children, I can not afford to lose my home. I have no family where I live. This is my last resort. I do not know what else to do. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be so grateful. Please email me @ angeliasd869@yahoo.com
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
Hello I will be emailing you in a few minutes but please feel free to call my attorney I am sure he would be happy to talk to you
 26th of Jul, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
Angela
As of today I am waiting for them to come and mediate my house on tueday along with one of my neighbors home then on weds they will do two more houses then in august we will go to mediation and from there we will see where they will go i have never talked to a happy jim walterhomeowner i only wish that i had known about them sooner then i would not be in the boat i am in
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   cjack 0 Votes
They are the most rude, arrogant, prejudice, SOB's on this earth. They act more like unlicensed loan sharks, trying to stong arm you. They threaten you with foreclosure, try to be as rude as they possibly can, and talk to you as though you are nothing. They harrass you to no end by phone, and also send their hinchmen to your home if you are behind by 1 payment.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   mad n ms 0 Votes
My home was built in 2007 . The company that I was working for was bought out by another company and my income was almost cut in half. My father in law who signed with me on the loan for the house passed in 2008. Now my income is the only source of revenue in the house. I got behind and filed a chapter 13 to keep my home. I was told that they would work with me to keep me and my four children in the home. They increased my payments by forcing me to take their insurance and paying my property taxes through an escrow account they set up. My insurance was only $900.00 which I paid the first of the year along with my taxes which was only$265.00. I was paying $2400.00 a year for them to pay out $1165.00. In the two years I have been in my home my payments went from $626.00 to $827.00. No longer being able to afford the payments I allowed th house to be discharged so that I could get a loan modification to lower my payments. After I got approved for the modification they sent me a letter of intent to sale. I received my letter on December 5th which was a Saturday, they sold my home on December 7th, which was that Monday . I was not even giving time to contact my modification representative to stop the sell. Now I been told that I have get out of the house without being giving enough time to find a place. I was told that I could buy the house in someone else's name if I wanted to keep it . All I need is $100.00 to pay down but I would still have to move out and then I can move back in after I get someone to sign the papers in their name.
 26th of May, 2010 by   Kearson 0 Votes
Well, I agree that this company hire some of the most rude account managers ever. My biggest complaint with them is that we were required to pay flood insurance and we were never in a flood zone. After contacting our county zoning dept and FEMA, we were not required to pay for flood insurance. Flood insuranace was force placed on our account every year. We provided them with proof from our county zoning dept and they still will not respond or provide us with a refund. I also can not wait to get refinanced with another company. I will not reccommend this company to anyone. If desparate for a home, consider a mobile home!!!
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   Donewithscams 0 Votes
We originally bought our home through Swartz & Brough Inc and we liked them. If we got behind they worked with us to fix the problem. Then they sold our home to Walter Mortgage and let me tell I am a Christian woman but if I could just get my hands on the owner of that company I would be sending him to meet his maker! We just became 30 days late as of August 21 and even before I was 30 days late they had our manager Nick Tubre at my door wanting to do a preforclosure appraisal. The only way you are getting into my house is with a search warrent from the sherriff's dept. period. I am about to contact Mr. Gonzalez in the morning about this because this has to be harrassment. I am tired of being treated this way and something needs to be done. If enough of us contact the attorney he might have the grounds to start an offensive against this company. I agree with the guy above let's ban together and let this company know that we are a force to be reckoned with.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   Been There, done that. Got my JWH tshirt 0 Votes
I used to work for this company, in the local sales office before it closed, and built a home with them myself.. I have no complaints on the house itself, but I have heard of others who have had issues. First let me say, I do not have loyalties to this company any longer, I am simply righting to be informative. That being said, I know for a fact, that because JWH is not a government subsidised company, and is completely in-house finanched they CAN repo your home if 30 days late.. They are not required to give notice, or reason. You signed a Lien with all contracts that allows them full ownership of the land, and house until the date of your last payment.
They are also within their "rights" to knock on your door, and demand entry at anytime, as is a landlord.

We have had our share of run-ins with our account manager, named Mitch, who sometimes transfers us to a VERY rude "lawyer" who automatically attacks verbally and emotionally, but Mitch's boss is VERY nice and helpful. They have worked with us on getting back on track. You just have to be willing to work with THEM.

Mechanic Scams