logo

Ballard Designs
Do not order from them
4. (8 mins ago)
Dr. Hardik Vyas / Hardik Vyas / Rahul Vyas
Fraud guy on matrimony sites
5. (29 mins ago)
Puerto Bahia
Timeshare

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Walmart.com, Tampa, Florida Complaints & Reviews - fraudulently debiting my account

Walmart.com Contacts & Informations

Walmart.com

Posted: 2012-02-22 by    canabird

fraudulently debiting my account

WalMart.com
Tampa, Florida
Phone: 352-229-9982
. On Feb 20 I signed into my Walmart.com account and ordered a Playsport camera for $73. Before I reached checkout, the website rejected my card onscreen (in big red type!), claiming inability to verify billing information. Despite rejecting my purchase, I noticed they had fraudulently accepted my money -- my PNC bank account had been charged almost immmediately!
Upon phoning WM.com, they told me my money (for the transaction that was allegedly rejected) would be refunded to my bank account in 3-5 days.
Stupid me. Because I badly needed the camera, I then wasted a good deal more time on the phone with my bank to make sure my billing info was consistent. Repeated the transaction Feb 21, same thing happened. Now I am out $150, and my account is bouncing my checks. Helpfully, PNC was able to refund me on one of the fraudulent debits but is unable to open a dispute against WM.com for the rest for a few more days.

Walmart.com Walmart.com

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Identity-Fraud