logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

walmart
n.w.rochester
Topeka, Kansas
walmartcard.com
two weeks ago i bought a walmart money card its a visa prepaid, there was a problem with the card so i was told i would get a refund in 7 to 10 days, the amount is 200.00, as of yet i have not gotten my money back from them, when i call all i get is a recording, i have not been able to get a live person on the phone.its pretty bad that you can not get to talk to anyone after they have your money.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Mar, 2009 by   IndianaGuy 0 Votes
Maybe you should just go back to Wal-Mart and stop calling on the phone!
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   nena 0 Votes
this is what is happening to my bf and i. we bought a card and put in 440 dollars. there was some kind of problem as well and the statement that a refund will be sent popped up. well 7-10 days later..still nothing. how about 3 months later...still no money. this had me extremely mad and frustrated that there is absolutely no one to speak to about this matter. it is my suggestion to everyone that if you are afraid of banks just keep the money in your WALLETS and stay away from these crappy prepaid visas. they are just another way of trying to reel people in and take their money!
 4th of May, 2009 by   denny 0 Votes
I think they should be upfront about having to give out your social security number. No where on the fine print did it say we had to give out that info. Yes, it said some info but NOT social security number! I would never have bought it. Here is a number to speak with a person 479-204-3158. I did get my refund within a week but they got the names wrong so now I have to figure a way to cash it or send it back.
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   gbucsko 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. You can't be helped by the store IndianaGuy. You can't be helped by any of the numbers given to you. Thank god Denny gave the 479-204-3158 number. Only help I was able get was from that number. I emailed walmart customer care this number and told them if they had any questions to give people that number because it's absolutely ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Lawsuitinaction 0 Votes
we put the maximum $500 on a money card from walmart to keep it saved for our baby we're expecting. now we can't even buy our baby a nursery because these bastards stole our money. right now we are deeply saddened by this whole thing...customer service told us there is nothing they can do, and the card just has walmart's name on it so they can't give us a refund...the credit card company has to do it...
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Lawsuitinaction 0 Votes
I put 500 dollars on this card for my wife and our baby we've been expecting right now we are infuriated to find out the activation code was invalid entered it several times on the phone and online same thing invalid, couldn't speak to an operator one we got a hold to hung up then we tried again then he just directed us back to the automated service still nothing. Went to walmart customer service and they laughed and told me there's nothing they could do and that the cards only say walmart on it but they belong to a credit card company and the company will have to refund our money.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   Beth8 0 Votes
This happened to me.
I'm going to try Denny's number tomorrow and see if it helps.
I put 730 dollars on this card that was "Not recognized in the data base"
This was my first tax refund and I didnt want a bunch of loose money laying around and I thought it would be such a good Idea.
Walmart told me that this happens every so often.
If Its happening to so many people why hasnt anything been done about it?
It's completely illegal.
I was so man that I could not get someone who even spoke english well.
Dude thought my name was spelled D-E-C-H.
When I clearly spelled out Beth.
There's no telling how bad they butchered my address.
They need to be sued...
You can't trust anyone anymore.
Just get a safe and keep your money there...
Even other banks let you keep charging and charging so they can deliver all those overdraft fees.
It's all a scam.
This is such a great country...
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   RedLipz2 0 Votes
I had one of these "walmart money cards", When I tried to load it, they didn't know how at the customer service desk. I am glad I didn't load it now after reading these complaints. However I did make a purchase yesterday with my credit card and my refund is still not there.
 29th of May, 2011 by   ise45836 0 Votes
i just send a refund request a week and a half ago and still have not recieved my money
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   7126 0 Votes
o god, i hope to god this dont happen to me.i requested a refund to my wally world card, it was sapose to be in but i havent heard nothin yet, not even a pending..thanks for the heads up u guys, ..if anything, itll be my last time usein this damm card.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   allieoop 0 Votes
I had a walmart money card for about 5years.My husband and I went in July to put a very large amount on this card after several hours in the store we wer told we would have to purchase additional cards.We did so.Then the following day when I went to use them after activating them I was declined on my purchase.I had to call customer service thought this matter was resolved got all the balances put on one card but was set a deadline to have my air conditioning units purchase.No problem, but I could no longer have my card because it was such a large amount.The account was closed now I find out that since 9-11 I have had a refund of 1200.00 on this account that no longer exsist. They took my money but they will not give it bacck!!!I was told on11-09 I would be issused a check and it would go out by fed ex.On 11-12 was told I would have it by 11-14 tried several times to get a tracking # then was told on 11-16. After about 10 calls that it was going out till 11-16.Now I wonder what the story will be.If you are smart you will stay away from them cause once they get your money its theirs not yours apparently.
 15th of Feb, 2014 by   yesHeis1 0 Votes
Walmart and our government who are fully aware to these foreign country scams. Walmart allow them to use their advertise, store, business to scam the people. Think People the second largest money make in USA allow a Foreign Company to scam the people using their name logo, etc, ( Think. ) And the number one money maker in USA the government stand by for the last seven years and allow it. The WalmartMoneyCard has take more money from tax refund funds and froze their money some that they can't receive anything. Why would the government who allow government fund to be scam or fault, stand by and say nothing. You people can't see that. Go to all kind of website and read about this card. They are still holding people funds. The truth is interest on USA dollars in other countries. They are gain interest of your money and the government is a ware of it. It is a underground situation. That is why they are getting away with it for so long.
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   AntonioO +1 Votes
I still have yet to receive my official moneycard that was suppose to be sent n the mail a week ago . Had my last two paycheck a direct deposit on the card and have yet to touch my earnd money

How to Avoid Grocery Scams