logo

Walmart Money Card

Posted: 2011-04-20 by    Ebony Thompson

Blocking the Card

Walmart
On 4/15/2011 I tried to use my card at circuitcity.com and it was declined for $38.01. At first I thought maybe I placed the wrong password and then I tried seven more times and the same thing. So then I went to a DSW and it was declined for $132.49. The card was loaded on 4/14/2011 with $500.00 and before that $1400.00 on 4/11/2011, so there was funds on the card. Additionally, I will be traveling in May and originally reserved some services in which I did not want and one of which the cruise cancelled itself that was credited back to the card. Around the same week I shopped at Burlington Coat Factory in which I used the card to receive credit from previous purchases and had it credited to the Walmart card because I use it so much. This happen on three occasions for $140.95, $7.88, and $19.97 all valid returns in which the store is willing to validate. These credits came in before the circuit city incident and the card was blocked on 4/15/2011 and has been blocked for the last 5 days in which I have no access to the $1138.51 that is on the card.

I was told the card was not designed to received credits and I would have to prove they were valid. I was told since the card was not used for the original transaction for Burlington Coat Factory in which I used cash and gift card I would need to fax the original receipt and the return receipt to Walmart. I did not have the return receipt because I never thought I would need it, so on 4/16/2011 I faxed the original receipts and the email cancellations for Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean was used for the original purchase of $854.00 and $230.00, when they refunded the money they refunded it in individual transactions.

Nevertheless after I faxed over the documents on 4/16/2011 I was under the impression the manager would remove the block immediately. Well I have called every day since then at least twice a day and I would told firs that the issue was being researched and it would take 1 business day which was Monday 4/18/2011. I called on 4/19/2011 and I was told someone would call me back when it was done but there is no estimated time. I was also told that they department conducting the research can only be reached through email there is no contact number for them and they are located in California.

Every representative that I have spoke with and it has been at least 10 claim there is no manager higher than a supervisor. When I spoke with a supervisor at least 9 of them they claim there is no one higher than them; one told me the claim was being researched and senior representatives are the only people that can unblock my card and they work from 9-5 PST.

Walmart is holding $1100 of my money without a valid reason. I am not trying to use money I don’t have, I want the money I placed on the card. I am writing for your assistance because I am getting nowhere with this issue and with a call center that is not located in the United States. No where in the card holder policy does it state I cannot receive credits and that the card will be blocked for doing so. Or the fact that it has taken 5 days to resolve an issue with a company that has no way on getting in contact with a department other than by email.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Holiday Hiring Tips