logo

Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Settlement Amount Fraud
3. (23 mins ago)
Racknomore.com
Their customer service is poor
4. (26 mins ago)

Walmart

Posted:    M Black

Product Care Plan

McDonough, Georgia
I purchased a 42" Vizio from Walmart along with the care plan on Feb 15, 2008...in July of 2009 my tv went out...I immediately called the care plan they informed me someone will call me to schedule repair...the tech called and asked me what the tv was doing I explained he said he believes he knows the problem he will order the part...the tech came out july 23, 09 part didn't work...he took my tv...I was told an inverter was on order it will take 3-5 business days...after no word from the warranty dept/tech I called the warranty dept on 8/7 I was told they were unable to locate part and service solutions specialist will call me with replacement options within 3-5 business days...after no word I called back on 08/14 I was told the replacement was denied part on order allow 3-5 days for part [[no one called]] on 8/20 I was told AGAIN can't get part service specialist will call...no call...on 8/26 I spoke to someone else in warranty dept she claims they located the part and someone would call within 24hrs...no call...its 8/27 I have no tv and no one called...I called the warranty dept this morning only to get a promise to call me back by 3pm today with eta of part...don't waste your money on walmarts warranty you are better off purchasing the manufacturers warranty...
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2009 by   mikes computer 0 Votes
I was gifted a hp laptop and a 2year product care plan from wal-mart.

Well I had the product from the end of March 2007 to around September 2009. the plan kicked in late march 2008. This is a terrible warranty they contract to repair centers that can't repair your product their service centers also don't listen or double check, run the proper diagnostics send proper replacement parts" which melt inside your machine". Sure it is easy to call in and place a service order But I had Four separate cases where my product returned as damaged as before not fix or they couldn't replicate the problem. Then I had to send my belongings in to the center.

These cases took up to two months to get threw. I even talked with a Manager that said they would have the problem looked at which never happened when it was shipped it was a waste of my time. So before it becomes a waste of your time really think about the hp, dell, ext extended plan by calling them.

At this point my care factor is very low for buying things from wal-mart also for anyone that fights on wal-mart behalf my care factor to hear you isn't there I REALLY don't care. This is just a review on what they sell.

I got a reimbursement but it was after calling in so many times the plans not worth the stress that comes with it. If you did buy it and got reimbursed good for you I bought a upgrade to my old laptop.

Now I found this online its dated 2007 but i really doubt that it has changed at all.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Patricia Ratcliff 0 Votes
I wish I had read these comments before I purchased a Vizio 42" Flat Screen and also Wal-Mart's Product Plan August 9, 2009. My problems began November 25 with no picture. I did nave sound, but that went out on the 18th of December. Repairman sent out and main board ordered. Problem not solved with the replacement of the main board. Now I am told set needs Inverter Boards. My compaints sound like others. I too have been told they are on back order. Call in 3 to 5 days 0r call in 7 to 10 days. Here it is Jan 1, 2010 and I have no TV. I am a senior citizen on oxygen and depend on TV for news and entertainment for I am home bound most of the time.
I have also contacted Vizio and in so many words told that once the product is made, any problems should be handled through the extended warranty purchased. Isn't it sad that companies no longer take pride in their finished product? Did Henry Ford turn his back on problems and say to the new owners of his automobiles who had problems, "It's yours now, you take care of it." No, thank goodness. He took pride in his product.
I an a retired educator of 38 years and have had lots of patience until I started dealing with this problem. I am ready for a check in the amount I paid to be given to me and this "lemon" picked up.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Patricia Ratcliff 0 Votes
My problems in above paragraph.
 28th of Nov, 2011 by   Doris Halford 0 Votes
My husband & I visited a Savannah Wal-Mart last Friday, we shopped & checked out &left when we got home we were missing several items we had purchased. I then called back to Wal-Mart's to ask if we had left bags there & did someone turn them in/ they informed me they were there & I would need to bring my receipt & return to get them. I asked if my daughter could pick them up for me because she lives in Savannah, they told me they must have the receipt. We live in Clifton, Tn & I thought that would save me a trip (however they did not care I had to make another trip the next day). I returned to Wal-Mart the next day & went to the service desk to pick up the items with my receipt, The lady was very nice but told me items had been put up. I then had to go all thru the store to locate these items & return to the service desk.
We also had other items we had got but I am sure the person behind us got them because they were not on our receipt, before leaving the check-out line I asked the lady if that was everything & she said yes.We spend a lot of money at Wal-Mart's & this disgusted me, Wal-Mart is not for family or I would not have to go thru all that trouble after having a brain hemmorage & having to do all this again.I cannot drive yet due to my condition so my husband had to made the same trip also--gas from Clifton to Savannah is not cheap-then back to Savannah gas is not cheap.The other item we got no telling what happened to them. Wal-Mart, I will not visit you as often now.
 13th of Nov, 2012 by   Marion Henderson 0 Votes
I can't believe what I am reading about the issues that customers were having with their 42" Vizio TV's.. I am having almost the same exact problems 3-4 years later. My TV is a bit over 2 years old, and one day as I watching TV the power turned off and from there on, it has been terrible. I have power to the TV, but it wil not turn on.
Called Walmart on 10/28/12, and told the Customer Service Department the problem, and she scheduled for a company by the name of ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL SERVICES in St. Petersburg, Fl to call me in which they did to tell me that it was not necessary for a tech. to come out, since he believed he knew what the problem was, and that he ordered the part the same day. That day was October 29th, 2012. Today is now November 13, 2012. Advanced did not call me back to tell me that the ordered placed on the 29th was not in stock, and that it wasn't until 11/01/12 that once again the part was ordered, this time from apparently a different place. I still wait!
Back to Walkmart Customer Service----the rep. that you talk to on the phone keeps telling me that they can only do so much. That I agree on, but when the Supervisors for the Product Plan does nothing, but says, we(meaning me) have to wait, until it comes in, then he's no better. You wouuld think that the Supervisor would do more! Find another TV repair shop that would be able to get this done!
Only suggestions that I have for all of you out there, especially you southwest/central Floridians, don't buy a Vizio, however if you should, don't by the extended warranty at Walmart. and if you do and there is problems with the TV that require parts, be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait.
ADVABCED TECHNOLOGICAL SERVICES doesn't care about us, the consumer.
 18th of Nov, 2012 by   NEW Customer Service Companies 0 Votes
Hello Ms. Henderson,
We are the company who administers Walmart's Product Care Plan. We are sorry to hear you are frustrated with your experience and we'd like to help. Please email us at help@newcorp.com with the name and phone number you used to register your claim. Once we hear from you, we can reach out with a resolution.

Sincerely,
NEW Customer Care Team
 6th of Mar, 2013 by   Jpasse 0 Votes
The reply from New Customer Service is Bull. They post to make themselves look good. I have had the same problems with Walmart Product Care, which is actually N.E.W. I purchased an ipod and the warranty
from Walmart Product Care, aka, N.E.W. Shame on Walmart for partnering with this disreputable company.
Walmart has lost this customer.
 22nd of Mar, 2014 by   Sandra Rooks 0 Votes
We had 42 inch Hanspree TV that would not have video at times when turned on. We called Walmart
product care and a box and UPS shipping label was sent to us in December 2013. This was during the Christmas rush when UPS got behind schedule. After a few days, our TV was returned to us unrepaired and now had a busted screen.The warranty company, which is New, said that they do not repair broken screens. We told them that we did not send it broken and that it must have been broken in shipment by UPS. They told us to file a claim with UPS, who in turn told us that since we were not the ones who initiated the shipping label we could not file the claim. After hours of talking to many different people at New asking them to file a claim, we finally talked to a man named Rick who told us that New would not file the claim with UPS and further that New would not honor the warranty. We now have a broken TV and worst than that, a broken trust in Walmart product care. Don't buy extended warranties from Walmart.

How to Save on Life Insurance