logo

Walmart Complaints & Reviews - Refused to return battery core charge

Walmart Contacts & Informations

Walmart

Posted:    Tom

Refused to return battery core charge

Walmart
I have four tractor batteries I purchased from the Wal-Mart in Lebanon, Ohio. They have never actually been used as to draining current from them. They have been recharged once.

As I live about 20 - 30 minutes away by car, I called customer service first as I no longer have receipts (they were damaged by water and were no longer legible). I explained I would be purchasing a different kind of lead acid battery. They said fine, bring them in. So I did, and took them to the auto desk as instructed. The ***-ociate refused to return the core charge, and when I went to the manager, he said I "..only had 30 days to return them anyway". Apparently he doesn't understand, derspite my explaining it to him, that the core charge is not a return but a deposit because of the recyclying neccesary.

They are also penny wise and pound foolish as I won't, of course, be buying a new battery there but also IO won't be sp[ending a dime there ever again.

As I worked for Wal-Mart for a time I am familiar with the idea that once they have money, no matter what the idea is to keep it, regardless of the situation, but this angers me enough to turn me into an anti-Mal-Wart activist. A core charge is a deposit, it's not supposed to be part of their profit. Now I have four tractor batteries I'm stuck with that I have no use for.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jun, 2012 by   ScottIngram 0 Votes
I am with you and have, through their Imperialist attitude become a "non-Walmart" activist. I really believe that Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave at how corrupt his relatives have let his pride and joy become. I won't buy another stick of gum from these global corporate raiders. Better to shop local. My local small business auto shop gets me anything I need. My local grocery store is a pleasure to shop at. Walmart is a leeching profit sucking disease that we have to combat if the U.S.A. and small business will survive.

Gift Card Savings And Useful Consumer Tips