logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
2. (11 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible experience

Walmart
walmart.com
I am a 21 year old single parent. A mother of a five year old boy. I stole something from your store and did not think I would get caught. I know what I did was wrong, however your heartless security guard called the police on me anyway and charged me with theft. Do you know that this was a very cruel thing to do to a single parent. If I get a criminal record I could lose my job.

I work at a daycare and every five years we have to have our police reference check renewed. Besides by working in the daycare I get my son to attend for free. Now when my next police reference renewal comes through I will be terminated because I know from experience they have not hired people who have a simple record for shoplifting. I will be contacting my lawyer and taking this to court because you basically ruined my life.

I am a 21 year old mother that has limited expensed already. I apologized to the security guard and offered to pay for the items I stole if he let me go home to get my credit card. I was crying. I told him I would never do this again, however he still called the police. His main concern was that I was using my five year old son to steal. I know I should not have done this but with the world facing a possible depression I could not afford to pay for my food. Even with government help I can't afford to feed my family.

The security guard overheard me threaten to slap my son if he refused to put things in his pocket. However this was not true, as the day he arrested me I never threatened my son. I don't even know why he bought that up. That was over a month ago and I knew he was following me and I managed to dodge him. This time I was kind to my son and offered him ice cream if he helped me steal. Now before you judge my parenting I know it was wrong to threaten for not stealing and reward him for stealing but I was desperate for food. Also I did not want my son to feel left out so I took some toys for him which I could not afford. (Now I know this was wrong) but they should have given me a break. The security guard had the nerve to tell me (after hearing my story) that he can overlook the stealing of the food, but not the stealing of the DVD's and toys for my son.

I honestly thought that I would not get caught because I put the stuff in a Wal-mart shopping bag. Unfortunately I was caught, I made a mistake but your security is doing worse to me than what I did to their store. Why does a store that produces billions a year have to ruin a single parent's life.

Also this is the second letter I have written to wal-mart with no reply. I also wrote a letter to them "ripped of with no chance to win" several weeks ago about their game machines not working and having limited prizes. I went back, and noticed that they did not add more prizes to the game, so not noly are you ruining the life of a single parent but you are also ripping off people including children who use the machine. True the machine now has a sign our of order, but what five year old knows how to read.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2008 by   wish they were true 0 Votes
My husband bought me a ring for christmas in the end of November.In the beginning of may the rinds prong broke off. I took it back to get repaired and was told it would take two weeks to get back. That was May 12, 2008 and its now June 8, 2008. I went to walmart today and was displeased with the manager Pedro. He was very rude. I am not only disappointed buy the product i bought and would like to have my money back since i have yet to receive my product from getting repaired in the time that was told to me. I have shopped at this store a long time and spend a good portion of my income with this company. I will now take my business elsewhere!
 8th of Jun, 2008 by   joe 0 Votes
Your buying your jewelry at Walmart. No more needs to be said...
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   sherlon collinsworth 0 Votes
In the past I have bought faded glory clothing at wal mart but their new sizes are a joke. Normally I wear a 2X but after buying 3 tops I discovered they were really the size of Lg so I go back and get the 3X (suppose to be 22-24) get those home and they are probably a size X-lg. and the sleeves fit like a medium. Guess they are trying to go out of business, I am giving all the clothes 3 shirts and 3 pair of shorts to who-ever has a body they will fit -so far no-ones been found!!!
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   darkeegan 0 Votes
or maybe you gained weight...

3x tells me you been skippin' the gym
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
It was early December of 2006, I had asked for a digital camera for Christmas. After extensive research I knew exactly which one I wanted. The price was good as was the product so my parents went to Walmart to get it. However they found another one, it cosed slightly more and wasn't nearly as good. My father though assumed it would be better for the price, and he couldn't entirely remember which one I'd asked for. He brought it home and decided to ask my opinion of it rather than surprising me. I read the box and told him it was a rip off and I'd go back with him to show him which one it was that I wanted.

We got to the store and returned it, the woman takes it into the back, then returns to tell us the box is empty, and we aren't being refunded. I wouldn't have imagined, it was heavy so I didn't think twice about looking, the seal hadn't been broken to my knowledge, apparently there was a tripod in the box or something that was making it heavy. I fully understand that the situation looked suspicious from her point of view, but we had no idea what was going on. So we asked to speak to the manager. He came out and we explained to him that we honestly didn't know what was going on and we certainly didn't steal a camera we didn't even want to begin with. He continued to tell us there was nothing he could do. The camera had been locked in a case and it wasn't the display or a shipping problem so we had to have taken it. My father told him once again that we didn't and perhaps he should consider the fact that one of his employees did and that the customers aren't always to blame in situations like this.

This didn't seem to go over well with the manager, he then told us 'I have it on tape, we saw our sales associate pull it from the cabinet, take out the camera, show it to you then place it back in the box.' My father stated that this never occurred and he wanted to see this video tape. The manager repeated what he'd said to us and once again my father asked to see it. He made up some mumbo jumbo about it being confidential and that he didn't have to show it to us.

After a good 40 minutes of arguing with him he finally gave in and refunded us. I am fully aware that people do things like that all the time to rip places off, but to make up some bull about a tape highlighting a situation that never occurred is just wrong. Especially when it comes to covering up for one of his employees, we aren't dumb we know employees steal stop trying to rip off a customer by blaming it on them.

As we were leaving my father thanked him and said 'I don't know if you believe me or not, but I'm telling you there's a problem within your team.' The manager responded with, 'I know.' The way he said it made it seem like he'd been aware of it for a while, but in denial.
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I bought a portable dvd play from walmart less than a year ago and since it hasn't reached the expiration date on the warranty I tried to take it back to exchange it for another one and was told that there was nothing they could do for me and that I was just stuck with it so now I am out of a dvd player and out of the money I spent on it and a upset 5 year old daughter who cant watch movies while in the I have never been so mad at companies in my life I go to walmart because they have great prices I also in trust that they stand behind the products that they sell because they value their costumers I want answers and I want action to be taken so that other consumers do not have to be taken advantage of because it isn't right...
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Coming from an adult gamer i take spending my money as an opportunity not a gamble. I frequently spend money in the crane games at local Wal-marts and grocery stores. So, upon entering Wal-mart today i drop my 50 cents into the came position the crane above the toy i wanted. Aiming carefully i push the button. The crane doesn't drop BUT closes the claw and moves it back over the the hole my toy should of dropped out of. I should have known there was something wrong seeing the limited amount of toys in the game but with the store knowing something was wrong with the game.

Instead of emptying it completely they use a select few furry creatures to lure you to the game. There should be something done!
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Bill 0 Votes
Get a life.
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I went to Wal-Mart about two weeks ago for a oil change. When i left the store parking lot i notice that my car was leaking oil, it was leaking so badly that the guy that was to the right of me told me to pull over because of the loud sound that was coming from the car. So i turned off in the sears auto store lot. When i got there i got out the car and looked under the car and it was a pool of oil i pulled the car back and the sound seem even louder. So i was telling the guy i just came from the Wal-Mart store and they did a oil change on my car, so he took a look and said that i should call the store to speak with the manager. So i did just that, two guys came out from the store they looked under my car and filled it with oil cranked the car it still had that bad sound coming from it. So they did a claim on it told me too call in a hour to get the claim number, so i did just that. The next day i spoked to someone from CMI.I gave my claim number and they gave me the adjuster name nancy who is really rude and will not return calls nnn and i can never get in contact with her at her direct number. When I call her she tell the other adjuster to say she is on break even if she just came from a lunch break seconds ago, she still lie. Now They say that they are waiting on picture's from Wal-Mart, that was over night that thursday. Today is monday, when i called all i got was rude people who tell lies about where nancy is, not the truth about the issue. So I'm going to see what tomorrow look like and what lie they have too tell. I JUST WANT TO BE TREATED BETTER BY WAL-MART INSTEAD OF BEING TALK TO BADLY!!!
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I believe most will agree that this national election is the most important to our country in recent history. It most certainly is for me, and I am 81 years old. I personally see this as a contest between the two men running for president, (although the vice presidential candidates do effect the way I see the country going.)

One of the presidential candidates has worked his way to a great education. The other candidate was put in a special high school in order to get a high school diploma.

He did poorly. Because of family influence, he was given an appointment to Annapolis ahead of much more deserving young men. He finished fifth from the bottom in his class and showed a minimum of leadership skills. Because of family influence, he got into the pilot training program ahead of more deserving young men. He did poorly, crashed one plane, and still graduated. He crashed two more planes (probably pilot error) and still got promoted ahead of others in his Annapolis class.

One of the candidates has been married and faithful to the same women since they first walked down the aisle, while the other admits to many affairs and divorced an ailing wife to marry another women.

The winner of this election will have a chance to take America into the 21st century. I can only see our country leading the way if we elect the young man who worked for everything to get to where he is today.

LT. COL. LARRY J KLUTH
RETIRED, U.S. AIR FORCE
MESA

The above letter was posted in the Mesa Tribune - I had to repost it here.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I presented at the drive up window to pick up my prescriptions. I was the only one at the window at that time, and pressed the call button. No one responded to my call so I pushed the call button again. A voice said she would be with me in a minute. In the mean time, someone else came to the other drive up window and pushed the call button. As I waited for her to return to me, she waited on the other person first. Then she came to me after about ten minutes.

I asked her why she didn't wait on me first and she said she couldn't tell who was at the window first. I said that didn't make any sense. If that were true, how do you know which person gets what medicine. There has to be a way to know which drive up you're using.

Apparently, she decided she was going to teach me a lesson for questioning her. So she said she would be back in a minute and then waited on all the other cars at the drive up window in the other lane. I waited and waited and waited.

I am upset, not only was she rude, I think what she did deserves reprimand. ( I do have her name). After she came back to my screen to then wait on me see said I was rude and I need to treat people better. How dare her tell me how to act when clearly she was in the wrong.

After, her last comment, she that said God bless, I am agnostic and how dare she make a comment to me with the reference of God. She doesn't know my faith and by the way she acted, she should probably bless herself, as I believe she needs it.

I wasn't aware that Walmart blessed there customers. That is probably something that could get them (Walmart) in a lot of trouble.
 21st of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I went to your store. I waited in line with nothing but my gun. When it was my turn in line. I pointed the gun at the cashier and told her to put the money in one of the plastic bags. She said no. I said thanks for your trouble and have a nice day and she said same to you. I had planned this for six months and all that planning went down the drain. This was such an inconvenience to me and I had to result to robbing the Kmart a across the street a few blocks down from you.
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   Jack and Glenna Akers -5 Votes
My husband and I have just moved to Shawnee, Ok. and are serious Walmart shoppers, I would like for someone to investigate the store in Shawnee, We have never been in a store so dirty and nasty, they need to get there act together, people like clean places to shop, there is no reason for that to be so nasty, where is management there, sleeping on the job? Please check into this and do something. We moved from Newcastle, Ok. to Shawnee what a difference. Clean up your stores, Or people will start shopping at Target, and we will make the drive, based on cleaniness. Thanks Glenna Akers and Jack Akers of Shawnee, Ok.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
My eyeglasses frame made by titanum was broken at Sep 2008 while I cleaned lenses, which was bought from Walmart in Jan 2008. I asked them to replace it and they said that the frame warranty had only 60 days. I complained it to them to make no sense because the previous frame I had had kept more than 3 years. If anyone knows the only 60 days warranty of a frame who buys it at Walmart? Even worse they suspected me to buy it there while they found my information from their system, i..e. they found my info but they said that they didn't have my purchase record. I had bought it only once at Walmart.

I doubt that the frame may had a fault from the beginning because people know Titanum is very flexible as well as very strong I complained them to mention the such a short warranty policy before I bought it and they said you didn't ask it. What on earth is it? Is it Walmart customer care? It's not acceptable nor has common sense. I'll have further action to correct it.

Also eyeglass is very important to protect eyes. Malmart warranty policy and attitude to customer should be changed.
 12th of Dec, 2008 by   brenda boyd 0 Votes
I cancel an order on dec.3, 2008 on a cell phone an the can't refund my money because they need a fax number for some reason but I want my money put back on my card, so please get in touch with the company please.
 22nd of Dec, 2008 by   Dlivie2002 0 Votes
My son and I took his daughter to the Wal-mart store in our town for 3 generation photos for christmas. They told us they would be ready on 12/20/2008 which is enough time to mail them out for Christmas presents. On the 20th I went into pick them up and was told that they would not be there until after 2 PM. I called at 5 Pm and was told that they were not there. I went back to the store after 2 PM on the 21 and was told that the order was mixed up and would not be mailed to the store until the 23rd. Now I spent almost 100.00 dollars and they couldn't even call with this information so that we would know. It is like we arent important to the store. In this day of layoffs and cutbacks why are they treating people this way.
 1st of Jan, 2009 by   sunnie +6 Votes
Dear 21 yr. old the saying goes IF YOU CANN'T DO THE TIME .
DON'T DO THE CRIME. BOOHOO PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONE REASON
PRICES AND INSURANCES GO UP.
 20th of Jan, 2009 by   Raul 0 Votes
Bought 5 boxes of ammo late Saturday night Nov.8, 2008. 3 Remington .308 150 grain and 2 Winchester .308 180 grain to fire in 2 weapons I purchased recently. Went out to firing range at 10AM opening and shot the Winchester ammo with both weapons. Tried the Remington in both of my weapons and my buddies M1A and the bullet failed to fire. Attempted Sunday afternoon to swap out ammo with receipt and was told the sale was final even if the product did not work. Assistant manager was nice and appeared to agree with me but said his hands were tied and the store manager was the only person who could approve the swap and probably would not do it!

Never buy ammo from Walmart... lesson learned!
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   EpicRegret 0 Votes
It Store policy...read up... you CANT return ammo back to the store, it is a final sale. Just like beer, you cant return it in certain states, and on the states you can, you need to return it to the store you originally bought it, and you must have your receipt.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   zoodle -2 Votes
They will arrest you but they have an employee in the Bristol, Ct Store, Jackie working nights who is doing drugs in the store and out and stealing and they do nothing. If your going to arrest it should be all or none in my opinion. Pathetic and the sex encounters that are happening at night is disgusting. Where are the Kmarts?????

Insurance on Campus