Walmart Battery

Posted:

Did not want to exchange

Wal-mart
Potranco and 1604 San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
Well my local walmart store did not want to replace my battery, that it's still under the three year free replacement warranty, because I didn't have a receipt. The battery has the production sticker of 08/07 and I showed them but still they wouldn't take that. I asked them if they could look up the transaction since I payed with my debit card. They rudely said no. Which I think it's bs. They can't look up a transaction that was made two years ago but they f$&kin' expect to keep a damn little piece of paper. Wow walmart, you lost a customer. My wife works at a department store and they're always looking up transactions of people that don't bring their receipts. I'm going to call corporate.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful?
More Walmart Battery Complaints & Reviews
Walmart Battery - Arragant Manager

Comments

30th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cry Baby! Store Policy Clearly Written at ALL walmart stores is ALL RETURNS MUST HAVE A RECEIPT. See what this does is eliminate situations like the followuiing... Jim and Bill are best friends! Jim works at walmart and Bill is currently unemployed. Bill and jim come up with a scam that whenever a customer (that has a receipt) returns a battery for warranty, Jim will put the battery out back behind the dumpster, and then Bill can then pick up the battery and enter the store and just show up without a receipt and get his money back! NOW DOES THAT SOUND LOGICAL TO YOU! Man now Bill doesnt need a job, he just waits for Jim to put those batteries behind the dumpster so he can collect his pay check! HAHAHAHAHA
 21st of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Certainly WalMart has some sort of regulations that keep track of returned or refunded items. I can't believe the employees just throw things away. Because then 'Bob and Jim' and others like them could pull scams as explained in the story.

I don't think WalMart became the ultimate giant mega-store it is by letting employees pull such 'easy' scams.

I have a car battery to exchange (not refund) that is only a year old. I also cannot find my receipt. I am hoping my WalMart treats me better than LakerFan210's WalMart.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Re 1 year battery without a reciept
I just tried to bring my 1 year old dead battery in without a reciept to NaziMart, no go on doing anything for me, the one lady says well even if you have a reciept you'd still have to go through energiser cause we only have a 90 return policy ! So i went to lordco and bought one :) At least the reciept is big enuff that you can read it :)

Walmart Logo Walmart