logo

Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card

Posted:    Sue

gift card

walmart
I received an email from Wal-Mart Notice<Wal-MartNotice@eredshank2.net> The notice said I had received a $1000.00 gift card from walmart. This came after I had filled out a survey. I also received one from someone else saying I had won a lap top computer. ( this one I didn't open ) . I am sure this may be plishing. Now what do I do to stop this from affecting my computer or my identity?

Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of May, 2010 by   Duke0518 0 Votes
I teach high school, seems I'm mistaken that this generation is smarter than then next upcoming younger generation. Idiots!

Walmart is not the scammer! It is phishing or false advertising from 3rd parties. Walmart makes enough money why would they bother putting their cash cow on the chopping block with a $1000 giveaway (which is not even sound business practice... giving away money)

If you feel you have a legitimate grievance, find out where the company is based that is scamming you, contact the Better Business Bureau of that area and maybe also the state attorney general.

If you are in another state from that business, it is now federal jurisdiction and would fall under that state's attorney generals office and the federal trade commission.

I've used all three in the past, it always yielded positive results. Now, how to do this? We are all adults here, I'm not your babysitter. Figure it out, it simple survival skills of the 20th and 21st centuries; knowing who the authorities are.
 22nd of May, 2010 by   juliemanning 0 Votes
i havent got my walmart gift card yet im getting mad...i been paying 2 bills already
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   nikkimccormick 0 Votes
iwon a 1000$ wal mart gift card yea right take the workin man for all he is worth hello k mart, walgreens, im spending my working dollars there and alot more come christmas im going to sav a lot thanks for your support america
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   JOSE 12 0 Votes
they made the same thing whit me they tx me and talk me they will give me a gift card 200 dollars but they need to get 4 dollar from my debit cart but i dont belive is some one making easy money dont belive walmart need to do something about...
 25th of Jun, 2010 by   Mephilis 0 Votes
if this is, in fact, a scam, I garuntee that Wal-Mart didn't have anything to do with it. For one a person has to look for a motive. Do you think that walmart would need to do such a thing? Why would walmart want to soil their public image just to piss off a few nobodies and recieve little to no cash doing it? Even if it was about money, walmart doesn't have the need to do such a thing. Please consider these things before you accuse a nationally renowned company of a scam. Scammers have been known to used the names of large companies to gain the trust of the Mark for years. The idea of computers and internet have made it so that a nobody can steal a companies graphic and con other people into investing in their claims.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   6191Dews 0 Votes
hahaha... they tried that with me right before christmas time last year... it sucks for them that i was flat broke. i thought this was why i didnt receive my gift card. i was actually just searching thru google to find the ad again. wow... i would have felt like a first clas loser. thanks for this complaint page. you guys actually saved me.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   karengayemccaleb +1 Votes
i was told when i waS ON THE WEB WALMART FREE 1000.00GIFT CARD POPS UP TO DO A SURVEY SO I DID I HAVE NOT GOT ANY EMAIL FROM THEM TO LET ME KNOW WHEN I AM GOING TO GET IT I DID BUY 2 THINGS I NEED TO KNOW WHEN TO LOOK FOR IT IN THE MAIL
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   John Footpenis 0 Votes
@common_sense_is_not_so_common Why don't you be respectful you hunk of shit. Assholes aren't used for tongue cleaners!
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   will_megas 0 Votes
OMG!!! i wanted the 1000 dollar gift card so bad i could taste it. lol. thanks to the comments here, i am confident that i will not be falling for the same crock as everyone else may did. lol

by the way:

YOU HAVE won a free 1, 000, 000 dollar gift card to a shopping center of your choice.

to redeem this prize send me your bank info such as account number and routing number to my email

email@yagoo.com. lol how about that one for a scam. I have just told you it was a scam; fall for it and complain about it here ---you silly sons and daughters of beaches. lol
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   KYUSUNARIOLA SUPER PRIZE REQUEST 0 Votes
I ASK DAVE SAYER TO HELP MY LIFE AND I ASK TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS
ASK DAVE SAYER TO BRING HIM SELF AND SUPER PRIZE AND PRIZE PATROL TEAMS AND CAMERA CREW
AND NEWS TEAMS AND MEDIA TO NOTICE SELECT KYUSUNARIOLA SUPER PRIZE WINNER
WHAT DO YOU THINK DAVE SAYER WILL COME AND HLEP KYUSUNARIOLA SUPER PRIZE WINNER
AS WHAT I WISH AND ASK HIM TO DLEIVERY OF SUPER PRIZE TO KYUSUNARIOLA THIS YEARS
1327 PENSASACOLA ST APT 27 HONOLULU HAWAII 96814
HOW COOL MY WISH AND DREMS IS
I HOPE YOU AGREE WITH ME
KYUSUNARIOLA
 5th of Oct, 2010 by   Gail O'Bryant 0 Votes
If Wallmart is not involved in this $1, 000. gift card scam, they should do something about the scam using their name. It only hurts their reputation. Why have they done nothing about this if they are not involved in it.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   Joe farina 0 Votes
My wife and I never recieved the certificate or the stuff we had to order to get approved. My cocern is that these companies are still allowing it to happen. They must be fully aware of all of the "free offers", also relizing there must be a company behind it. I was scammed thinking I got hired overseas, and the company took care of the conning parties pretty darn quick. You would think Wal-Mart would do the the same thing, regaurdless of who the con artist is, if Wal-Mart isn't helpig they are part of the problem. I talked to a lady in a corporate office somewhere and they are fully aware, although this person took the standpoint of thinking it was a real promotion too. So where does the buck get passed now. I'm tempted to go to the FBI, of course if I did this scam to feed my 3 kids I would end up in prison. At least I have the integrity not to do such things. As far as these people calling everyone names for even trying this, those people need to quit posting things because this is a seriouse thing. If anyone REALLY gets the gift card please post it I am interested to see the ourcome. My advise would be, proceed cautiously, I recieved a letter saying I was hired overseas and had to send all of my personal info to this company. This was all through a legitimate website where thousands of people post resume's. My point is that I am educated, with a military background and even attend city meetings in my town, if it can happen to me it can happen to anybody.
 21st of Oct, 2010 by   victoria duncan 0 Votes
im the 1000 winner of walmark gift card how do i receive the card
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   mohsen4848 +1 Votes
i am mud engineering, i work in nidc, in ahvaz, i like to have cute friend
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   sandy edmonson 0 Votes
this is what i have to say is that i dont think u have to by any damn magazines to get a gift card i feel like if u won it you won with out something bein a catch to it u all try to force me to buy damdn magazines saying they would be prepaid knowing after wards i would have to pay for them tryed to work ways around to getting my debtcard and evrything eles messing with people thats struggling as it is we work hard for my money and i will be damn if some ones going to use me to get it besides i was looking forward to that walmart gift card to use it to buy my childs christmas toys know thats going to be a let down to her be cause i trusted in you all i didnt know that they were scams if i known that i wouldnt have even filled out for the gift card i think next time if i see something like that again i will juust itgnore it
 27th of Nov, 2010 by   AKron Oh 0 Votes
Yeah they got me to.But thats what I get I knew better Warning DO NOT RESPOND TO INTERNET ADS EVER.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   miguel arreola 0 Votes
wal-mart is considerd to be a reputable company.if this so called survey hurts me in any way. wal-mart wil lose me as a customer forever!
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by   WHOS THE IDIOT NOW?!?! 0 Votes
walmart didnt send those emails u silly idiots!! IT WAS THAT TERROSRIST DUDE AND HE WANTS TO EATT UU!!! seriously.
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Miles2 0 Votes
The offer is absolutely legitimate -- I've received the money myself. Of course, it's not as easy as promoted, you will be spammed, but SO WHAT? Would you turn down something like $850.00 because you're afraid of spam? Ever hear of setting up an alternate email account for free (like at Yahoo.com?). If you're smart about it, practice a bit of care and can follow directions, you'll receive the card for an outlay of around $150.00. Plus, many of the offers are nice -- Gevalia tea, anyone? If you'd like to do it right and reap the rewards, check out "Secrets of the $1000 Wal-Mart Gift Card" on e-bay. It's the best $5.00 you'll ever invest!
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   ben taken II 0 Votes
The SCam is not wal-mart but your personal information and email address. I got mine last summer from my online bank, which was like all of us, "I had WON" a $1000 Wal-Mart gift card, I started to do the requirements and half way through I realized I was never getting a card, I called my bank to complainand of course they had no idea, my mistake my fault my virus, I ran a virus scam and all is well except, i did send some info out and I receive 75 spam / junk email a day now, i will have to change my email address, but what upsets me is having my info selling to however

Nigerian, Lithuanian and German Scammers Targets Ebay