Wachovia Bank

Posted:

Fraud

Wachovia
Maryland
I had opened a bank account with wachovia, only to cash my checks from when I was working at six flags and to be able to use my debit card to easily pay for things. 3 months after having the card, I get a paper in the mail saying negative $3, 000. I call and they keep transferring me until I get to the head of the fraud department; Peggy Stansbury. She tells me someone tried to put a fraudulent check in my account and now I owe. I was 17 years old at the time. She CLAIMS she will check the videos to prove that I wasn't there so she can clear my name. OBVIOUSLY SHE NEVER DID BECAUSE IT IS ON MY CREDIT AND I CAN'T OPEN A FREAKING BANK ACCOUNT FOR SEVEN YEARS!!! I keep calling and calling and they keep transferring me to voice mail. I keep leaving messages and she never gets back with me and now I have bad credit at freaking 18 years old. Wachovia is the WORST bank when it comes to serving their customers and I will not recommend it to anyone!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

13th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
first of all, that's horrible to have happened to you. Second, contact the Banking Commission of your state! Do it right away!

The banking commission is the one who holds the cards. The banks DO have bosses and the Banking commission is ONE of them! Contact them and file a written report with what you've told us here, and they may even be able to get reiumbursement for you...

That's bad.. not being able to even open a bank account. I got screwed over by Asheville Savings Bank last year.

They closed out my account, after THEY screwed up and sent off my bank card to the wrong address.

When I went into a branch on Patton Avenue to complain and get a new card sent to MY address, not some total stranger's the branch manger, this man, got really hateful and started SCREAMING at me, saying he'd send another card to MY address, but it would have the SAME card number as the card they sent off to the WRONG address!!

How screwed up is that? I said, No, you cannot do that. that puts me at risk to have all my funds stolen by the person who might now have my bank card, you've mistakenly sent off the wrong address!

What did he do instead? Threatened to close my checking account on the spot! I mean, who would forecast your bank would do such a thing to you?

I had written several checks too that were pending, that would force me to get hir with overdraft fees of hundreds, since I had the account for 10 years. I didn't bounce checks EVER with this bank.

DO NOT BUSINESS WITH ASHEVILLE SAVINGS BANK either!

go ahead and send off that letter to the banking commission OP, they may help and straighten this mess out for ya. Good luck kiddo, :)
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I need the pictures plus biographical database from BOX 1000. Meagon Roy absolutely refuses to help me learn who owns the Box 1000 so I can retrieve the information/documents. Our Writing Club has receipts going back to 2000AD showing we paid rent on the Box. I suppose, actually, this is larcany. Wachovia has taken money. They do not provide the promised service.( DF _ Paid Archivist of Seven Scripts AL6010:11.23).

Contact Us