logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
petshop18.com
They cancelled order and no refund
2. (5 mins ago)

vortex debt group
3280 suntree Blvd. suite 101
Melbourne, Florida
Phone: 1-888-772-0190
They did not explain in writing in their contract how all of the fees and charges were to be charged, they missrepresented how they were to go about there buisness. They didnt do what they said they were going to do, these things were stated right in there contract on how they would conduct there buisness, and because they didnt do what they stated they would do, we were turned over to collections on 2 accounts. Then when we cancelled relations with them, they were to cash us out on our special interest account, we only got $480.00 out of 2.000.00 that we had paid in 4 months. please get all information on these debt consolodaters before you sign anything. youre better off dealing with the crediters youreself, good luck

Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by   frugalbugal -2 Votes
my experience with vortex hasn't been good at all... i pay them money... credit card companies are still calling stating they have never hear of Vortex Debt Group... on my statements i recieve...when i do recieve them, show so many deductions and fees... and the actual balance should be around a thousand... i show that there is only 265... i am pulling out first thing in the morning... i wouldn't suggest anyone should turn to vortex debt group as a reliable debt settlement company.
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   peacekeeper232323 -2 Votes
isn't Vortex Debt Group a Debt Settlement company? Credit Card companies will still call because they have the legal right to collect on the debt. Of course the credit card companies will say they never heard of Vortex because they have their own methods on debt collecting. I think the credit card companies are the ones to complain about these days!
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   DISTRESSED IN COLORADO 0 Votes
This company as of December 5th, 2009 scammed my father who is 88 years old of all of his personal financial information. PLEASE BEWARE!!! After calling them back on Saturday, December 5th, 2009 and today, December 7th 2009 several times to cancel the service, Ms.ELLEN GARRISON with customer service agent, and MR. ANTHONY FRANCIS, supervisor refused to let my father cancel his service. He has a three day cancel period to ensure this will not be completed, both Mr. Anthony Francis and Ms. Ellen Garrison refused to cancel the account and said they were mailing him the information to review, knowing full well the three day time period would expire. I want everyone to be forewarned of this company's bad business practices and all senior citizens to beware and DON NOT GIVE this company ANY of your personal information!!! As of tomorrow, all authorities will be informed and legal action will be taken against Vortex Debt Group. CANCEL ANY BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE GIVEN THEM!!! THAT IS WHAT WAS ADVISED TO US AND WAS DONE AS OF TODAY.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   Depressed_Young_Adult 0 Votes
This company gave me the runaround as well. I was never told about the fees that the bank takes out of the money that is supposedly for the creditors. If you cannot get in touch with Vortex to cancel please cancel any bank account information that you may or may not have given to them. Extremely heated and disappointed in the lack of communication with these so-called professional debt settlers.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   Ah-may-zing 0 Votes
Seriously people. Quit bitching. You are the ones who ruined your credit, spent up a bunch of "free" money, got in over your head and then couldn't pay. And most people just nod and smile and don't listen to what is being told to them. I am familiar with how debt settlement works and of course you go to collections. That is what motivates the creditors to settle. Do you think if you are paying your 25% interest every month that they care? They don't. Credit Card companies have you "working off" your original charges flat on your back to begin with or you wouldn't have called a debt settlement place to begin with! Oh and do you seriously think your $2000 was going to settle out the $30K you were probably working with? Oh and they should do it for free? Wow. America - I am going to need YOU to GET a CLUE!
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   sam brown -2 Votes
I happen to know that they verifiy everything about the program to every single client and they are told about all fees, this company is a true company and they are here to help, I am in the program and it is paying off for me, if a credtor tells people that they haven't heard of Vortex then that is a scare tactic and the creditors will do that, they are the liars NOT VORTEX DEPT GROUP !
 10th of Jan, 2010 by   dieseld725 -2 Votes
If you would do yourself and others a favor and check up on VORTEX versus the other debt settlement companies on BBB and other TRUE Watchdogs, then you would find that VORTEX is legite. The many other BAD companies ONLY work with you by getting ALL your money upfront while STILL NOT contacting the creditors. VORTEX, in fact, considered on of the BETTER debt settlement companies out there. Plus, one has GOT to be an idiot for not receiving and reading written contracts before signing in ANY business transaction.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   They are not legit +2 Votes
I worked for The Achievable in Melbourne Florida and it is a scam. Not only were the owners of the company sued twice, once over Kennedy Hess and then over the Allegro law incidents. The owners of The Achievable also own Vortex Debt Group, Americorp, Pure Nutrients, Media Mogul and many other holding companies, all of which are mostly rip-off schemes to lure the unsuspecting consumer into a useless service or product. After The Achievable was sued, Vortex Debt Group popped up out of the woodwork, guess who the owner is, Tim McCallan. No one was ever allowed to mention the names, The Achievable, Kennedy Hess, Allegro Law, or even the original company, Americorp after Vortex Debt Group was up and running. Essentially the owners are tying to hide under a shroud of deceit and greed through various corporations and fictitious names. While the consumers were losing millions to these gluttons, the owner, Jeanne McCallan was walking around in Lois Vuitton shoes and sporting Prada purses. These people are ruthless and uncaring about the needs of the average joe, their client, it's all about the money. I hope this gets out there as a warning, BUYER BEWARE of these companies. They are all scam artists. Vortex Debt Group could possibly be there biggest windfall and scam yet.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   They are not legit +2 Votes
Also, the replies that are positive on this blog are being made by the current employees and supervisors of Vortex Debt Group, go figure.
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   peacekeeper2323 -2 Votes
Ah, we have an employee that got fired, and she sees fit to vent on http://www.complaintsboard.com

Interesting...
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   The Objective -1 Votes
Its funny to read the above comments on both sides. It seems pretty obvious that one person is a disgruntled employee who is no longer with the company and is so upset she posted her thoughts, which are always negative especially if you were let go for some reason. People never post on these blogs (http://www.complaintsboard.com or /link removed/ because they are happy. It is because they are not happy for a reason. If there was a site called happyexperiences.com would the average Joe go and post their "happy experience"...I dont think so. Positive is not in ...and it sure doesn't drive traffic to a forum called http://www.complaintsboard.com. My suggestion is see if they company needs a license in the state they do business in and if so does the company you are talking to have it. Next check the BBB then make your own decision. Either way you go folks you need to educate yourself with facts not some forum that has the name http://www.complaintsboard.com ...all you'll find is complaints because that is what they want to drive traffic so they can have advertisers pay them so they can make money ...just think about it ...then educate yourself.
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   not a happy poster +2 Votes
I also was ripped off by this group. Of course complaint boards are more popular than a happy post board because when you get ripped off by a company it is so hard to receive resolution. I have never had to go to a complaint board with a reputable company because I had no complaint, I have sent in the survey to the company when I was pleased with the end result and I would right on a blog to give glowing praise to anyone that has done a job well done and I will be doing that today. I did do something about my situation and complained to the people who care, my congressman. This is where all people need to start to institute legislation that will prevent these thieves from continuing to steal from us the people. My money will never be returned by Allegro Law and I am in dire straights with my creditors. Don't do business with these people, they will take you. THAT IS WHY COMPLAINT BOARDS EXIST, TO STOP THE THIEVERY.
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   Look a little deeper +3 Votes
Here are just a few of the lawsuits filed against Americorp, owner of Vortex debt group.

Simon et al v. Americorp, Inc. et al

Plaintiffs: Loretta Simon and Heather Shepard
Defendants: Americorp, Inc., Intellidebt Corporation, Elimidebt Management Systems, Inc. and Unknown Parties A, B, C, and D

Case Number: 1:2008cv03350

Jurisdiction: Diversity
Jury Demanded By: Plaint
Hallisy v. Mezey & Associates et al

Plaintiff: John Hallisy
Defendant: Mezey & Associates, John Wade Mezey, NDS, LLC, National Legal Debt Centers and Americorp

Case Number: 1:2009mc00107
Filed: February 18, 2009

Court: New York Eastern District Court [ Court Info ]
Presiding Judge: Judge Unassigned

Chase Bank USA, N.A. v. Allegro Law, LLC et al

Plaintiff: Chase Bank USA, N.A.
Defendant: Allegro Law, LLC, Keith Anderson Nelms and Americorp, Inc.

Case Number: 2:2008cv04039

Amount Demanded: $75, 000.00
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   amazzzed +1 Votes
Wow…
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   amazzzed +1 Votes
Wow… that’s a lot of cases against a company.. maybe they are doing something wrong.. or maybe people are just sue happy.. it does look like they are company on company suits.. I don’t know what to think.. the positive remarks from above do look to be staged responses’… if you are not guilty of anything why do you feel you have to defend yourself to this extent.. if there is a disgruntled employee/ex employee it’s not right for them to post confidential information on the internet but maybe that’s also why the employee is no longer employed with the company because he/she was not happy with what they were doing to our fellow people..what I want to know is why after the first suit did you as a company decide to continue doing the wrong thing? Hmmm let the saga continue… I was looking in to debt help with vortex.. I see complaints and you will always have your idiots who don’t research and just blindly follow some ones advice that will complain.. a lot of times you have to bypass the foolish complaints.. I have decided not to do business with this company due to the immaturity they have shown by arguing with a “disgruntled employee”
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   Margaret Wong -2 Votes
For what its worth I've had nothing but good experiences working with this company. It's always been service with a smile.
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   saving money like crazy +1 Votes
This company is a total scam. Why would anyone pay 15% of the debt they currently have? Wake up people you can do it yourself. The only thing they god differently than what you can do for yourself is to set you up with a savings account. You can do this too. They will charge you a monthly fee and 15% percent of your total debt. Not wise when you can go to the local bank, set up a savings account, put the money in there yourself and negotiate with your creditors. They do settle with you, I know, mine settled for less than 40% on the dollar.
Here is some simple math. you owe $10, 000 in CC debt, the settlement company wants 15%, that is $1500. Then they want you to pay them a monthly fee of $59 a month for the next 48 months, That's $2832. Then they charge you a bank fee of $9.85 a month, that's $472.80. Add all of these up and your total in fees alone is $4804.80. You only owe $10, 000, you have already committed to paying almost half of what you owe in fees! Not to smart. After they settle your debt guess what, you will most likely pay back more than you owe.
Be smart, do it yourself at $200 a month and you will be out of debt in half the time and it will cost you half the money!!!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   saving money like crazy 0 Votes
Of course you have service with a smile, this company is laughing all the way to the bank and they are laughing at you, fool! LOL
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   anim_lvr +1 Votes
My mother rashly digitally signed a contract Friday. I was very skeptical of their claims and voiced that to my mom. But she is stubborn and wouldn't listen. I demanded to get on another phone to not only listen to Ellen (she seems popular) talk to my mother but I questioned her on several things as well. It was very obvious to me that on many of the pertinent questions she would somewhat skirt the issue or use terminology that could be viewed in very different ways. For example, I asked would this settlement not affect my mother's credit report and score. She did say yes but added that it would only be a very trivial amount. I also questioned how long the process would take. Her response was not long. My response to her answer with the first question was what exactly is her definition of trivial amount? To me it may be 5 points. To her it might mean 50 points. Second question, I asked what her definition of not long was in defining length of program. She tried to avoid the question at all costs until I interrupted her and demanded an answer stating once again their could be differing opinions on that answer. She finally stated, I believe, 24 months. Finally, as far as I was concerned the icing on the cake was when anytime I addressed a pertinent and serious issue she would answer in as few words as possible and before I could even comment on that she would start rushing the situation by continuously and rudely asking now where are we now on that contract. (It was being signed digitally so my mother never even read it) I got extremely frustrated because it was quite obvious she was trying to not only shut me up but also very obviously trying to finalize the agreement before any more comments or questions could be addressed. I expressed that I was just looking out for my mom who is elderly and she actually responded by saying, "Well, this is what you mom wants. You need to remember that". If I could have went through the phone at that particular moment I am afraid I would be sitting in jail right now for assault. Regardless of my cynicism my mother insisted upon continuing. Since then I have been able to do some research which is how I was able to find this particular site. Finally, a word to the wise. A gentlemen stated earlier here that the best thing to do would be check with the Better Business Bureau. Well, I used to work at the BBB and it is not quite what most people think. Any company listed with them pays a membership fee so if they are not members any complaint received will not be recorded. Also, once they join they automatically start with an excellent rating and I believe that a great majority of people really don't take the time and effort to call and complain. So some of the companies who are not qualified or legitimate continue having an excellent rating. I was pretty surprised by this info when I started my sales position there. By the way, I am definitely NOT a disgruntled employee just stating the facts. Thank you
 10th of May, 2010 by   bad news company 0 Votes
Here is their BBB report: http://centralflorida.app.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300131247328

Copy and paste this into your browser for the full report, they are an F rated business.

True Cost of Home Improvement