logo

global24/7 international courrier ltd
they are asking me pay 300$
2. (2 mins ago)
Dallas BBQ
poor customer service and fraud
3. (12 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (21 mins ago)

Vonage

Posted: 2011-06-21 by    Shevel

Rip off

Vonage
Vonage states that if anything happens to your internet or computer and the service is down, the calls will be forwarded to an alternate phone number. My cell phone was my alternate. This system actually did work, but...when we needed it most, it failed! My husband had a severe allergic reaction to medication and we called his doctor and could not understand why he was not returning the call. Finally, after 2 hours, the doctor got through and told us he was getting a recording saying our phone was disconnected(which it was not) and the calls were NEVER FORWARDED TO my cell phone! I immediately contacted Vonage and wanted to know why their service failed. I got a tech, who could not answer me and hung up on me! We had our local cable company install a land line and I cancelled our service with Vonage. Their customer service is a joke, as they charged us for a whole month's service, when we only used it for 2 days of that month. They told me they do not pro-rate and that we would also be responsible for cancellation fee of $39.95, plus the rebate charge. I pursued this and got someone in a higher level and he agreed to refund the month's charge, but said we would still have to pay the cancellation fee. I had no problem paying the rebate fee, but I contacted my bank to dispute the cancellation fee, as I would have NEVER cancelled the service, but due to Vonage's failure to provide the service they stated, I did not feel I should pay that charge. That was a few month's back. So far, my bank has credited me back the cancellation charge, but once they review everything, I still may have that charge put back on my account. But, as far as I am concerned, any aggravation I can cause Vonage, makes me happy, as they caused me a great deal of stress, in a medical emergency, due to their failure!!! This company is nothing but a scam.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I have had to deal with Vonage Customer Service Reps 4 different times to try and resolve my $50 unlimited calling business line(s) charges. These reps blatantly lie to you! Every one of them has and then tells me that the previous rep's statements were not valid and what I am currently paying is 'what I signed up for.'

I am now paying overage charges on my unlimited calling plan due to one of the reps signing me up for it. According to them, I was told that I would now be charged overage charges and I must have agreed to them. NOT! Why would I call 4 straight month's in a row trying to straighten out my 'unlimited calling for $50.00 per month!'

Now that I am canceling, they are charging me cancellation charges on 4 lines, not the 2 that I am paying (2 were supposed to be free 'virtual' lines. How can they get away with this?

Also, when you call technical support to get your phone lines to actually work, you are connected to a representative that can not speak or understand english and will not transfer you to someone who can! I have dealt with this issue 4 times as well.

I would love to be involved in a Class Action Lawsuit... where do I sign up!
 6th of May, 2009 by   rolfing 0 Votes
I hear your pain . I can assure you that you are speaking to deaf ears if you are calling customer service. Please allow me to advise you of who to contact at Vonage to resolve issues such as yours. The past CEO of Vonage was Jeffrey Citron, but the new CEO is Marc Lefar and he is determined to make Vonage a better company. You can contact him at 732-444-2398, please leave a message with his secretary to have him call you back. She may forward your request to an Executive Response Manager working for Marc Lefar. They are very professional and will work with you to resolve your problem. You can also FAX at 732-834-0189 .
If you would like to reach the Executive Response Manager directly, you can reach him at 888-580-4020 x22799..
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Gund 0 Votes
It will seem hard to believe but trust me, VONAGE is a RIP-OFF. My latest trouble with them came several months after I had finally cancelled my service with them (and paying outrageous cancellation fees to cancel a bad service). Well, long after I had cancelled my service a friend of mine (very stubborn) decided he wanted to open an account with VONGAE, although I tried my best to convince him otherwise. I offered to give him my adapter, which was only taking up space at home and bringing back bad memories. To my surprise and dismay, VONAGE did not allow him to activate the service with that equipment. They said that since it had already been activated by someone else in the past it could no longer be used. In other words, when you buy a unit from them it comes blocked so that it cannot be used with any other provider other than VONAGE, and now I find out it can't even be used with VONAGE itself, as is the case here. They sell you a useless piece of equipment for any purposes, either with them or anyone else. I was never told that this was a disposable item that I was buying, that it could be activated only once and that after that it would be garbage. I am sure this would do a really good class action law suit.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   Thomas W Davis Sr 0 Votes
Vonage cost me hundreds and I never once made nor received a call with the company.
I signed up for Vonage under the conditions that I would have uninterrupted phone, internet, and fax service. My service was never hooked up or useable because I had to have a cable line and not a satallite--this should have been told to me when I first inquired about their service and now my current internet and phone provider was cut off, and I was charged a cancellation fee. Over the course of four months I was strung along with no service, but promises that everything would be alright...and they continued to draw a 40.00 monthly fee for service that I never had or used. Then when I finally got someone on the phone that I could understand (that spoke English) I was charged a 200.00 disconnect fee. I NEVER HAD A CONNECTION!!!

tdavis410@yahoo.com
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   Cubex DE 0 Votes
Taken from the Vonage Terms of Service document (available from their website):

11.2 No Warranties on Service.
We make no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness of the service or device for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement or any warranty arising by usage of trade, course of dealing or course of performance. In addition, we do not warrant that the service or device will be without failure, delay, interruption, error, omission, degradation of voice quality, or loss of content, data, or information. Neither Vonage nor its officers, directors, employees, affiliates or agents, or any other service provider or vendor who furnishes services, devices, or products to the customer for our service will be liable for unauthorized access to our or your transmission facilities or premises or equipment or for unauthorized access to, or alteration, theft, or destruction of, customer's data files, programs, procedures, or information through accident, fraudulent means, devices, or any other method, regardless of whether such damage occurs as a result of Vonage's or its service provider's or vendors' negligence. Statements and descriptions concerning our service or device, if any, by Vonage or Vonage's agents or installers are informational and are not given as a warranty of any kind.

And also this:

6.5 Fees upon disconnection.
(a) Disconnection by you. If you attempt to disconnect service for one or more of your lines before the end of your current service term, you will be responsible for all the charges for your current term that are applicable to the disconnected lines(s), including unbilled charges, plus a $39.99 disconnection fee per line, if applicable, as provided in Section 8.7 below. Cancellation is effective on the date you cancel and paid charges are not subject to refund. If you cancel your service before the end of your billing cycle, there are no pro-rated refunds. [...]

You have nobody to blame but yourself. Read what you accept.
 4th of Jul, 2011 by   Susi -TIe 0 Votes
I am trying to cancel Vonage, it was my ex-husband's# and so I do not have passwords, and am trying to cancel, either the person, should I get one, can not help and I can not access account since I do not know the phone# or the password. But month after month after month the $$$$ keep coming out of my account which my ex used to pay all his bills. AVOID VONAGE. Poor service also.

Holiday Safety Tips 2009