logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
2. (8 mins ago)
Boulevard Motors
misrepresentation in selling a car
3. (12 mins ago)

Volusion

Posted:    Lock D

Do not use this company

Volusion
Volusion.com is a complete ripoff!!! Their ecommerce solution is the worst. 1) The website builder is very hard to navigate. It would have been faster to start from scratch with a webdeveloper! 2) Their merchant services started billing us, and they never told us that the service was active. We basically waited around for them, and they were already billing us. 3) Their customer support is horrible. When you encounter a billing problem, they refuse to fix it

Volusion was a complete waste of time. It took too long to set up the ecommerce site. Once it was set up, they did not help to resolve billing problems. Do yourself a favor, and find a better ecommerce provider. You will thank yourself later!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2010 by   joem32 0 Votes
The information that you have provided is very vague, so I will try to address the issues as you've listed them.

You make a point that their "web site builder" is very hard to navigate? Volusion uses a template system and then also gives you full FTP access to all of the data. If you were looking to do a custom design, Volusion is no different than any other system out there in that it does have its intricacies. If you take time to understand the system it can be very nice to customize.

You mention that their merchant services just started charging you? While this is a newer service provided by Volusion, I find it very hard to believe that you never received an email providing the payment processing information. This could have been an oversight on your behalf, or the email could have been caught in your email spam folder.

While you do have a decent point about how their customer service has been in the past, Volusion has made a number of steps to improve their service and continues to do so daily.

In summary, any shopping cart solution that you find online is going to have its intricacies. Ecommerce sites cannot be immediately effective, and each has their costs. When you sign up for a hosted solution online, you need to review all of the costs before hand and make sure that you budget for all of them.

Joe M
AdrenalineCommerce.com
an Ecommerce Solution Provider
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   enigma-1 0 Votes
That's a mistake a lot of startups do selling online. The overlook the necessities of an ecommerce application thinking that off the self solutions with small monthly fee is the way to go. This is far from the truth.
You either need to learn how to customize the application assuming you have the means to (time etc), or hire somebody to do that for you. The likelihood of eshops being different is very high and depending on the products you sell you will need custom features.
Next time at least check some of the ecommerce forums ask questions and see what they say.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   tonibenard +1 Votes
Volusion Negative Review is Accurate
Everything the first person said was correct. The 2nd poster sells Volusion services as a reseller and a designer for the company so they are vested in Volusion's success. We have worked with Volusion since 2005 and they hate their customers. There only concern is for money. They make promises they refuse to honor such as websites that can be accessed. Here lately they have more outages than uptime. The software is full of bugs. Nothing works like it is supposed to and the tech support are less knowledgeable than a newbie. And no they are not working to improve anything. Things get worse by day.
Run don't walk somewhere else.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Tac291 -1 Votes
I agree 100% that the Negative Review of Volusion is accurate. SHAME on the re-seller coming in and giving a positive/false review about Volusion. Rumor has it that Volusion paying people to post positive reviews. AdrenalineCommerce.com is far from a honest host, review or even a solid company.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   almost-ex-volusion-user 0 Votes
I can tell you as a long time volusion customer who plans on leaving soon, this company is in complete disarray. Almost daily downtime, customers are constantly having issues checking out, the admin section is painfully slow. Volusion recently closed their California office and laid off the entire workforce. Does this sound like a stable company?

Their forums and facebook page were filled of negative comments from frustrated customers and Volusion has been reduced to no longer allowing people to post on their facebook page and have banned dozens of merchants from their forums. They are in a desperate attempt to save their reputation.

If you are considering using Volusion, keep in mind that many long time users of their software are packing up and leaving. As a current customer, I do not recommend Volusion.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   dailycurmudgeon 0 Votes
Oh please .. take responsibility for your business and learn the software + the process of taking payments ... they have support on phone and chat, which I use weekly.
Volusion isn't responsible for the success or failure of a business, it just supplies the tools to create the presence. Some people should probably not run an online business if they can't take the time to learn about the software ... a failure to plan is a plan to fail ...
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   nayuen +1 Votes
I also agree with the review. It's not so much a reflection of the people that work at Volusion, but actually a reflection of how their business operates on a design standpoint. So yes, the back end can be fairly difficult to customize. The back end is done in .asp and unless you have over 1000 products VOLUSION is probably NEVER the way to go. But being a seasoned ecommerce CRO and web analyst, I grew to love the scalability. BUT THEIR DESIGN TEAM IS HORRIBLE. I think the confusing thing about Volusion is that they UNINTENTIONALLY have this whole bait and switch thing going on with their designs. You look at the websites they've done and it seems so crisp and live. You can't outsource the design work since it's in .asp, so you end up having to hire volusion to design your store. You expect something nice since you're paying a premium on work you could probably outsource if you had access to their back end. BUT the thing they don't tell you is Volusion is also outsourcing a lot of their work. In the end, if they do a shotty job, it doesn't pay off for you to complain about it because there's really NOTHING you can do. You personally can't edit much. And it's not intuitive how to get the look and feel that you want.

FYI the people they outsource the design and coding to are HORRIBLE. I literally sized things pixel for pixel and they still couldn't get anything right for me. ALSO I WAITED OVER 10 Business days to have them get back to me on a design quote to fix a majority of the problems they caused. I'm trying to be completely unbiased but you have to understand that our group wasn't new to ecommerce, AND ON TOP OF THAT our wire frames and our creative were precise. Oh... I forgot to mention we made most of the creative after we saw so many "cut copy and paste" failures with Volusion designers. I have images...

FYI I'd like to see the proponents of the volusion customers on this board give us a url of the site they have.

I have a feeling my site (AS SHOTTY AS THE INTERIOR PAGES AND THE GLARING ERRORS THAT ARE ON IT NOW) still look better despite proper functionality and correct nav internal linking. FYI that's a reflection of US not them.
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   storeman2345 0 Votes
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues on Volusion Design and Customer Service.
I got:
9 business days to respond with a quote
2 months for a design where I gave the designers the EXACT layout I wanted -- not much creativity involved and it was still mediocre
1 month to put my design on the Volusion site
Hundreds of dollars wasted when I wanted to TALK TO A PERSON since we can only talk to the anointed designers by email :
1 middling site at a premium price + 1 big headache.
No thanks, I'll go elsewhere next time ... there are a lot of good providers out there ...
 24th of May, 2011 by   Frustrated Small Business Owner 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me today. The merchant services department engages in deceptive sales practices. I received a e-mail stating that my account was approved and that I needed to activate it. I didn't activate it because I was still designing the site. Then I found out that they were charging my account even though it wasn't activated. When I complained, the customer service rep blamed it on me, wasn't at all helpful. They made me send an e-mail canceling my service. Then when I cancelled, they told me they were going to charge me an additional $99 for early termination of a service I never activated. This calls for a consumer fraud lawsuit on behalf of everyone that they have defrauded in this manner.
 28th of May, 2011 by   eCommercePro 0 Votes
I dont agree about the scalability. If you want scalability then you need to be on a scalable virtual server. That's what they are for, among other things. For the price, volusion should, but doesn't, give you that...just cheap shared hosting.
They are known as a money hungry company. They charge $4/GB and for downloads & uploads too.
They don't even have QuickBooks integration included.
Check out iamodules.com : you do get all that for same or less than volusion and w a flexible design template layer you can access and library of editable template parts.
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   ray949 0 Votes
DO NOT USE VOLUSION, they conned me in signing up for $99/month and promised this great support and promised my products would upload, after 2 weeks of dealing with their support, on hold for at least 30 minutes every time i called, and vauge answers to many problems, i canceled, they said would takes 3 months and i would still have to pay, i asked them where in the policy its states that, they said that their policy, but will talk to their manager. Their manager said they canceled my account in 2 months which i will be obligated to pay. I'm still fighting with right now, what a scam, the company will lie about everything, they just want your money. trust me, i reported them to the bbb and trying to receive my money back, i recommend you do the same. go to www.bbb.com GOOD LUCK with this shady company.
 6th of Nov, 2012 by   nhcp77 0 Votes
DO NOT USE VOLUSION SERVICES! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATING LYING THIEVES!!!
I HAD TO CLOSE MY BANK ACCOUNT! BECAUSE THEY WOULD CONTINUALLY DRAFT MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON, EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL WITH THEM, THEY WILL DRAFT UNJUSTIFIED AMOUNTS AND MAKE ILLEGAL TRANSACTIONS! PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE BIG MISTAKE OF GIVING THEM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!! THEY WILL STEAL!
I AM STILL FIGHTING WITH MY BANK SO THEY WOULD REFUND THE MONEY THEY DRAFTED FROM MY ACCOUNT AFTER CANCELLING THEIR SERVICES! BECAUSE THEY WILL STEAL AND GET A HUGE CUT OUT OF EVERYTHING THEY SELL!
CHEATING BASTARDS, THEY WILL GO DOWN!
 15th of Nov, 2012 by   gonmad 0 Votes
I wish I had read this website before. I agree with all comments. Volusion sales promised me a specific featured, I signed up for their godl package, less than one week I find out that feature was not available, I fell deceived, cancel, someone called and tried to blame me and that the folds "did not understand me". Also, DO NOT FALL for their promise of an online coach, the so called one hour phone consultation is a lie, the person was one the phone with me for only 20 minutes, went over some basic stuff, very vague and tried to upsell me about 5 other products on this time. I cancelled within less than one week, even if I do not see my money back I am happy I cancelled with them. Now for what I read, I am scared that like others said, they will charge me even if I cancelled.
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   scammedbyvolusion 0 Votes
Never EVER USE VOLUSION!!! I agree with the customer that wrote - "I had the same thing happen to me . The merchant services department engages in deceptive sales practices. I received a e-mail stating that my account was approved and that I needed to activate it. I didn't activate it because I was still designing the site. Then I found out that they were charging my account even though it wasn't activated. When I complained, the customer service rep blamed it on me, wasn't at all helpful. They made me send an e-mail canceling my service. Then when I cancelled, they told me they were going to charge me an additional $99 for early termination of a service I never activated. This calls for a consumer fraud lawsuit on behalf of everyone that they have defrauded in this manner." These people are horrible at best and I will take them to small claims!
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   VolusioncoisSCUM 0 Votes
They have refused my request for a refund of my premium template( $995) and two months of service stating the template fee is paid for "installation" and since this has been done, they have no obligation to give me my money back. What a crock! They misrepresented their features to our company as well.

This company is pure SCUM!!!
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   VolusionScam 0 Votes
unbelievable I had the exact thing happen to me today from Volusion! They are deceptive in the fact that they charge you an extra $67 a month for unexplained fees regarding the merchant services, which is really another company they said which has nothing to do with them!!! I was outraged and cancelled everything and am now in search for a more professional company that does not have these large hidden monthly fees etc!!!
 17th of Mar, 2013 by   SavannahBlaze 0 Votes
I switched to Volusion.com after wasting 15 days and being scammed by Izzonet.com, only to be scammed again. They sent me this email (see below), and I never set up my debit card for recurring charges. I have sent them an email asking them if they are a scam. This is the second time I've asked them this question to which they never responded to the first time. If I'm a legitimate company, then I would call any potential customer to calm their nerves and prove that I'm not an internet fraud.

This is the exact way the email came to me. I asked them if they were an American company in America before signing up and they said yes. But, they use "Best regards"

We attempted to process your monthly payment in the amount of $125.00. Unfortunately, the credit card you currently have on file has been declined. Please update your payment information as soon as possible to avoid interruption of service and a reactivation fee. Below are steps for updating your information:

1. Visit http://my.volusion.com and Login using your E-mail and Password.

2. On the left side, under the "My account" heading click "Update credit card".

3. Update with the correct information and submit.

4. We encourage you to update this information as soon as possible as there is a reactivation fee up to $25.00 if your store lapses in payment.

Please Note: While logged into this section you can update ANY of your account information.

We appreciate your business. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Billing Department1-800-646-3517

© Volusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

7th of Aug, 2013 by   Her Fashion Place 0 Votes
I would not recommend this company.
First, website builder is difficult to understand.
Second, billing department is so lame. I paid $35 and after 2 days of trying to figure out I decided to cancel. Billing failed to refund money and my CC failed to dispute my charge. So I decided to stop automatic charges from CC. I also put my account on hold expecting but I meant to cancel. Volusion attempted 3 times to charge my CC with no success. I told Volusion this was a mis understanding that I meant to cancel instead of put on hold. They do not care, they want my money which I refuse to pay. Hopefully they wont send me to collection for $35...
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   Beth Corets 0 Votes
Volusion's unfair billing practices will undoubtedly give way to a class action lawsuit and I will gladly sign on. I can't use the words I would like to here, but do not use Volusion, save your sanity and your $$$.
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   BigHeadNola 0 Votes
this is the kind of bullshit response i got when Volusion could not transfer my domain I had with them for over 2 years. "Hello,

Thank you for your ticket, and I apologize for the delay in response. After reviewing your account with our support and technical teams, it was confirmed that the domain name registration that you purchased on 7/2/2012 and the domain name renewal that was purchased on 7/19/2013 were not processed by our system, due to a glitch. On the day that you purchased the domain with Volusion last year, it was actually purchased with another registrar, Launchpad, on the same day. Launchpad is the current registrar of www.bigheadnola.com and it expires with them on 7/2/2015. I am sorry for the frustrations that this domain name issue has caused. I have refunded the cost of the domain name renewal that you purchased this year for $10.74. Because the charge from last year is too old for us to issue a refund, and your store hosting plan holds a past due balance of $16.83, we have waived this fee, so that there is no balance left on your account. While I do understand your frustration due to the problems that have arisen from these domain name issues, we are unfortunately unable to refund you for hosting fees or for the design of the store. I apologize for this inconvenience. " A glitch! that's their excuse a f'n glitch. And this was just the latest excuse, after everything was said and done it took me a month to transfer a domain which resulted in precious time my site was down. I'm looking into further legal action

Identity-Fraud