logo

Lease Finance Group
Fraud
3. (26 mins ago)
Universal Survey Center
Request to stop unsolicited phone calls
4. (28 mins ago)
Arizona Parrots
No contact with them since payment
5. (55 mins ago)
BEWARE! FRAUD! Christs Church of the Valley - CCV CHURCH Peoria AZ - CCVONLINE.COM
Church Leadership Continues to Allow Felon Member to Ripoff Members

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vodacom Complaints & Reviews - legal department testing my patience

Vodacom Contacts & Informations

Vodacom

Posted: 2012-02-10 by    EonKruger

legal department testing my patience

vodacom
South Africa
Let's start off with Vodacom is an absolute joke! I regret not joining another service provider.
I applied for a 1 Gig data package and to my surprise, got declined! I contacted the legal department and due to a slow system I had to phone back after 10 minutes, slow system is not my problem, sort it out. Apparently I have an outstanding balance dating back to 2005?

Between 2005 and 2012 which equals 7 years I had numerous new contracts, how was those contracts approved with balance of R2000 outstanding? The amount I pay for Vodacom monthly is actually ridiculous, look it up, now you want to complain about an outstanding amount dating back to 2005 which I was never notified about?

Questions you better answer with very good explanations:
What balance is this?
Why have I not been notified about this 7 years ago?
How were all of my contracts between 2005 and 2012 been approved if I had an outstanding balance?

I want my Blackberry Talk 100 contract cancelled immediately and will never again join Vodacom!
I want this stupid apparent 7 year old outstanding balance sorted out and I want it sorted out today with a very good explanation or excuse for that matter today!

Now legal department is not responding to my email, typical!
Vodacom is useless, pathetic and a joke, you better sort this out!
Vodacom is wating my time and seriously pissing me off!
Comments South Africa Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Feb, 2012 by   hotlens 0 Votes
i agree totally with you.. . i have a similar problem a bit worse than yours... im not being declined a service, i have been blacklisted and have nobody within Vodacom to talk to who can reverse this. . . oh wait i know, . . . they all share the same brain at vodaworld. . . heres my issue

in January 2011 i had all 3 my Vodacom accounts cancelled.
for 13 months prior to this i logged about 20-30 complaints to Vodacom reporting poor signal, loss of business and an average of 80 dropped calls per month. after sending a technician to test the signal in my area Vodacom authorised the termination of my contracts at no penalties or expenses to me. my cell number was ported to MTN (the better connection). my nr can only be legally ported one Vodacom has authorised it as well as verifying that my account is up to dat.
in Feb 2012 i became a contract client with MTN.
vodacom continued to bill my account for a service i no longer had. after 4 months of reversing my debit orders to Vodam i called the customer care line and was told that my accounts were still active and that the cancellation was not logged correctly.
another 6 months passed and i recieved legal letters from Hammond Pole attourneys claiming almost R13 000 for a service i have not had at all.
refusing to pay this i contacted Vodacom and Hammond Pole and was sent back and forth with no results.
as result i have been listed with ITC and my credit record has been compromised.
my business banker has called back my business overdraft facility until this matter is resolved.
dealing with the attourneys i gave them every detail so that they can collect every voice recorded phone call in which they can establish that Vodacom actually agreed to terminate all my contracts.
the claim has been taken back from Hammond Pole attourneys and Vodacom has now appointed a new debt collecter to attempt to intimmitade me for the claimed amount.

spending the last 2 months on the phone with Vodacom, hammond Pole and the new debt collectors i have absolutely no joy...
not a single person at Vodacom can help me, neither can their internal legal Dept help me.
after driving to Vodaworld and spending the day there i was disgusted that i was not allowed to see any legal department and was forced to call them from the parking lot where i spent an hour on the phone with Desmond, the reprasentative for the legal department at vodacom.
my emails no longer go through to the legal team and this now leaves me with absolutely no means of resolving this matter.
in the meantime i have an Unlawful ITC listing and i am faced with severe financial issues to to my overdraft facility being recalled.

not only is the signal supplied by Vodacom of the poorest standard i have experienced, the service is just as poor. i will publically advise anybody not to consider Vodacom as a service provider but to rather consider MTN.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY ADVICE FOR ME I WILL GLADLY LISTEN 084 501 9281

vODACOM, I WILL NOT REST UNTIL MY NAME HAS BEEN CLEARED AND THE CLAIM BE WITHDRAWN...
WATCH FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND OTHER FORMS OF MEDIA WHERE I WILL BE POSTING THIS COMPLAINT
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Pranesh Maharaj2101 0 Votes
On the 20th November 2011 my wife and I went to the Vodacom 4U store at The Glen shopping centre to do an upgrade on an existing contract we have with Vodacom. The Salesman managed to persuade us in applying for a new contract. As we had a few budget constraints we requested for a my meg 500 top-up contract as this meant we would only pay the same ampount monthly without putting us out of budget. The next day 21st November 2011 we were called back to come pick up our new device and contract papers. That’s when all our problems started. Firstly we were given the wrong device than what we applied for and were promised as the memory was insufficient, thereafter when we went back were given a memory card to substitute the error which the device was not compatible using. On the 3rd corrective visit we were told that the error was due to the person being “dumb” which is a comment I had no words for. The next day the manager JANA from the store calls me and apologises for the issues and offered to substitute the device with the correct one at no extra charge which I was greatful for and went back the same day to collect. I was satisfied.
I then receive an invoice at the end of December 2011 for an amount of R 850 for a contract that was supposed to be R299 per month. I was charged data charges for R550 for the month although it was a top-up contract we signed for. I then phoned the store and they said that they would look into it and call me back. After a few days with no call from the shop I phoned Vodacom directly on their 111 number and they informed me that my contract was loaded as a normal contract of my meg 500 and not the top-up one and was changed as of the 1st of January 2012 by the store. I then called the store again and they said that they had made an error in loading the package but changed it timeously for the 1st of December 2011 but Vodacom failed to do so, they also promised to sort it out with Vodacom and keep me informed. I was then called by Vodacom Data division who informed me that they will investigate the query and get back to me within 14 days. Vodacom called me within the 2 weeks and advised that it was not their fault and couldn’t help me further, so I had to sort out with shared services division and the shop. On the 28th of February I received a call from the shop by a gentleman who said that the matter is resolved and they were going to pay the R550 into my vodacom account before the 7th March 2012. Today the 12th of March 2012 I received a statement from Vodacom that is not showing the credit of R550 at all. I then called the store and asked for Jana who stated that they never called me and said they are going to pay the money to my vodacom account and that the issue was with Vodacom to sort out. Upon calling Vodacom again they point the blame at the shop again and said that they are responsible as they are the ones that loaded the contract and not Vodacom themselves.I thus had to reopen the query at Vodacom.I have also been a victim of them invading into my privacy which I am furious about: someone at either Vodacom or The 4U Shop has requested itemised billing on my account without my consent or approval and still had the ordasity to charge me for it twice, an extra R45.60 on my current invoice. They have violated all my rights by doing this.

Consumer Protection with Fox 2