logo

Aliasids.com Spidentity
This site is a scam!
3. (26 mins ago)
honda india 2 wheeler [bike unicorn]
fornt brake disc mfg defect
4. (27 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Bad business practice

Vitacost
www.vitacost.com
I purchased vitamins from Vitacom for two years. They delivered appropriately

Then I took advantage of a $10 discount offered on the website. To do so I had to enter my email address twice, credit card numbers and etcetera. That seemed innocuous for they already had that information from my previous orders.

One day a couple of months ago I noticed a $14.88 charge on my credit card. I did not recognize the company name and resolved to keep aware of that charge next month. It appeared again, and I checked back for several months. The charge appeared EIGHT times.

I called my bank to stop that charge agency - but they were unable to do that. I disputed the charge, and the cost that is about $30.00

I called ShoppingEssentials, the agency who actually billed my account for Vitacost. They were kind but were able to credit me for two of the charges.

I consider this process orginating in the Vitacost website to border on fraud, misleading, and a simply nasty method to suck in unsuspecting customers for a series of monthly charges. Most of them, just like me, will not notice the deductions promptly, if ever.

The process is indicative of a management that either does not know what is going on, who does not attend to business ethics, or who intentionally defrauds unsuspecting customers.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Feb, 2009 by   Φ≥≤Φ 0 Votes
I have found the same rewccuring $14.88 on my statement six times so far, originating from a GlucoControl purchase.
The deal was supposed to be a $10.00 one time fee. This can only be intetional FRAUD!!
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Φ≥≤Φ 0 Votes
that guy cant spell for !@@# ... oh yea thats me
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   Joe Doe number 1 0 Votes
Agree with other writers -- vitacost is spam -- they try to look like a large retailer but 30 days after my order I was learnt it was not proceed because "Amy had broken leg and went to hospital and your order was not proceed". Now, we all humans and I feel bad about Amy, but lets be realistic here!

I told them cancel my order and I wont use them anymore. They said: "fine!". It was astonishing how easy they drop a customer.

Oh -- btw: I havent forgot to tweet to my 13, 000 followers (on multiple occasions) NOT to use vitacost EVER.

case closed.
 13th of Nov, 2011 by   Tracker1 0 Votes
I would also like to warn potential customers of this company to watch out for malicious cookies that Vitacost puts into your computer. Check this out for yourself by clearing all cookies from your browser before going online with them or (most ironically) by sending them feedback/complaints, etc. on their website contact form. Then check out all of the cookies that are now in your cookies file.
Also see this complaint: http://www.epinions.com/content_370138320516
I wonder if the State Attorneys General look at these complaints??

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups