logo

Mobily
Unsubscribe / Deactivate
2. (4 mins ago)
wholesalemensshirts.net
They stop to communicate after they get your money
3. (11 mins ago)
Paid2Refer.com
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
luz
HOW I GOT MY LOAN OF $150,000.00 FROM WEMA LOANS !‏.
5. (16 mins ago)
Coverall Cleaning Concept
Getting your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Visiting Angels, Fayetteville, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Failure to provide care

Visiting Angels Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-03-05 by    Shari Clarke

Failure to provide care

Fayetteville, Georgia
Company representative inidicated company guarantees same care provider for 3 months after family/client interviews and selects careprovider. Careprovider came into home, did not adhere to written care instructions about the care of an elderly client with Alzheimer's disease. After 4 days, received call that the care provider would need to be replaced "so sorry, sometimes this happens". Demanded payment despite not adhering to written care instructions/contractual agreement to maintain same careprovider for 3 months. Changing routines/careproviders for patients with Alzheimer's disease is the cause of catastrophic reactions depending on the stage of the disease.

Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Mar, 2011 by   disgusted person 0 Votes
However wrote a negative about Visiting Angels is only Visiting Angels compitition in disguise. "Catastrophic" ? whatever... Your being stupid and dont want to pay your bill or making up stories. Your unreasonable. I just Love Visiting Angels. If my parent needed services and the "care Provider" wasnt doing the job correctly then I would expect that Visiting Angels would replace/terminate that employee (just like itt appears they had done). Changing the care provider can be "catastrophic" for Altzheimers patients... Is a false statement. I found it to be amazingly inaccurate.. Whats "catastrophic" is having altzheimers. I am a Registered Nurse and changing care priders doesnt cause a terminal or "catastrophic" anythingg. Your probably an inposter from the compition making up slanderous stories to stain Visiting Angels or a family member from a loved one that is difficult nastty and in Visiting Angels eyes a cheap payor that is trying to not pay the bill. I use Visiting Angels for my GrandMother and I Just LOve The Services They Provide. I hope my direct comment to your comment wasnt "catastrophic". hah ha... Your stupid.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Scott McIver 0 Votes
My name is Scott McIver. I am the agency representive Ms. Clarke is referring to. My family owns the Visiting Angels franchise and I wanted to take the opportunity to respond. Our company does not guarantee service with the same caregiver for three months. I feel I was clear with this client during our initial meeting that we require caregivers to sign "3 month agreements" prior to accepting new assignments from us.

We can not guarantee that our workers will fullfill these three month agreements, however they have proven to be a valuable tool in keeping our rate of turnover to a minimum. Our workers do have instances in which they are unable to fullfill their three month agreements. Sometimes they move, have childcare issues, or other life events that preclude them from completing the three months as agreed. This is made clear to our clients at the time we agree to provide service to them.

The instance in question involved our caregiver having a death in the family and being unable to work for Ms. Clarke for a period of time. This happened on very short notice and, per our company's procedures, Ms. Clarke was offered a "fill in, " or substitute caregiver. Ms. Clarke refused to allow us to send out a replacement person as it would have been a caregiver she had not met.

Subsequent to that conversation with Ms. Clarke, our company attempted to contact her several times to make sure that her needs were being met and attempting to find out whether she intended to continue using our services after her caregiver returned from bereavement leave.

We were unable to make contact with Ms. Clark after many attempts over the course of two weeks. Subsequent to that, she had an outstanding balance with us which we made multiple attempts to collect. We continued this effort to collect the monies owed for the next 5 months before turning the issue over to the magistrate court. Ms. Clarke's posting came just days after we received a judgement from the court ordering her to render the payment.

Routine and consistency are key elements to the successful care of a dementia patient. We are well aware of this and implemented the "3 month agreements" as a means to prevent these changes from occurring whenever possible. However, we are in the people business, and as I told Ms. Clarke, "these things do happen."

We knew that Ms. Clarke was dissatisfied with the short notice changes, however she did indicate to me that she was satisfied with our caregiver's services. The care instructions in the home were substantial and were created by Ms. Clarke, not by our office. We made every effort to follow her guidelines and did not receive any complaints regarding that until this posting was made.

We regret that this instance occured and that this client was dissatisfied. We wish her and her father well as they continue to deal with these difficult circumstances.

Scott McIver
Assistant Director
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
My 94 year old Mother hired the visiting angels by recomendation from my sister. She was recovering from a broken hip and needed hands on care. I was upset with them for for not showing up and my mother having to be alone twice. For cooking enough spagetti sauce to last a month after I went shopping and spent over $100 on planed meals for that week. I live 100 miles away and my sister who lives in Florida part if the year is know handeling everything. I am told the Visiting Angels won't come if I am there because I was made at these things happening which I find unacceptable . I have since told my mother if they feel that way I won't go there at all which hurts my mother
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
I forgot to mention that one of the care givers was selling items of clothing to my mother, sister and neighbors and caused an uncomfortable situation between myself and the neighbors and when I became upset about it they wanted to know when I was leaving.
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
My 94 year old Mother had just returned to her home and has has had number of medical situations and has been in the Hospital & Rehad a number of times. I call to speak with my mother and was told by a visiting angels that I couldn't because the Visiting Nurse was there with her. The visiting Angel never even told my mother that I had called. When I did speak with my mother she was upset that she hadn't heard from me. I have called the Country's headquarters to file a complaint and was told there is not anything they can do about the situation that I have to deal with the Danvers office .
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
The above complaint I am rewriting because of the mistakes in it that happened while saving it for submission.
My 94 year old mother had just returned to her home and had number of medical situations and has been in the Hospital & Rehab a number of times. I called to speak with my mother and was told by a visiting angel that I couldn't because the Visiting Nurse was there with her. The visiting Angel never told my mother that I had called. When I did speak with my mother she was upset that she hadn't heard from me. I have called the Country's Headquarters to file a complaint and was told there is not anything thay can do about the situation and that I have to deal with the Danvers office.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   Light Coldie 0 Votes
And then came the Pirate with his parrot!
 4th of Oct, 2011 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
Ran into one of my mothers neighbors and was told I was not a bad son and believe I am being bad mouthed by the visiting angels who refuse to go to care for my mother if I am there. I did not want to involve the neighbor so I let her comment go. I forgot to mention that the care takers were late to care for my mother a number of times and my mother had to call me when they didn't come. When they forgot they needed to be there on the scheduled times they would call to apologize but not send anyone to care for my mother. I hope my sister dismisses them before someting tragic happens. One of the care takers is a walking accident. Something happens or she breaks something everytime she is there

19th of Jan, 2012 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
My Mother is still trying everyway possible for me to go to her complex to see her. She said she would take me to dinner and even give me her lexus. Everytime I tell her no that I won't go there she say's OK and for me to come some other time.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
One of the caregivers told me that they come in and take over and my mother repeated that to me. It is going on five months since my mother and I have seen each other and the visiting angels still tell my mother they won't come if I am there so I don't go which hurts my mother and leave everything in my sisters hands.
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
I saw my mother twice over the last 2 weeks and she has a harder time getting up and walking. The visiting angels were trained by nurses and therapist in helping my mother with exercises and walking which at sometime over the past 6 months they stoped doing for no reason. Her Dr. has told her to keep exercising and walking.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
Talked with my mother during the recent abnormal warm weather for March and asked her if she had been out walking with her help. She told me no. Her doctor has givin her directions to walk and do her exercises which the help knows about and dosen't seem to be doing.
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   Paul Gallagher 0 Votes
Called my mother yesterday morning. The Visiting Angel answered the phone and said Mrs. Gallagher was in the bathroom. Didn't ask who was calling or offer to take a message. I just said thank you and hung up
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   19mom51 0 Votes
why won't the visiting angels come if you're there? are they doing something they shouldn't do or treating her poorly? If what you're saying is true, Paul, this service/company sounds like it is poorly run and the providers aren't too dependable.
 20th of Sep, 2013 by   Deborah in Houston 0 Votes
Visiting Angels of Death might be a better name for the Houston, Texas franchise. If you want your parent abused, neglected, robbed, their home used as the caregivers personal property, get one. No, get 10 or so like we did. Many don't show up and to tell you the truth it was worse when they did. If I wrote the details behind this review you would be sickened and appalled. I highly recommend Brightstar caregivers; they were our Godsend.
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   Kellie W 0 Votes
Excuse me!!!???
I have been with VA 4 yrs. now. I love my clients and they are my family. We laugh together, I play bean bag toss with my blind client and he wins every time!!! He is still sharp! I console another client who cries every time I come to see him as he has lost 3 wives. And, after I provide the care he needs ...lots of cleaning and cooking several yummy meals for the week (he loves fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with a veggie). Also, I help out a darling couple who are slowing down due to her dementia and his health problems. They want to stay as independent as possible. They have become another grandpa and grandma to me. They have been so kind and appreciative of me. I have another little gal who is legally blind, so I help her read her meds, coupons, receipts and the labels on her food purchases. Every time I visit her, she says I am a blessing to her. I have principles and I'm happy to say my co-workers have the same work ethic. I do agree with every organization there is one bad apple; however they are weeded out eventually. And, all of us who work for the good of our precious clients, we will speak up and rid those toxic few out who wiggle their way into home care, medical fields, and YES Hospitals! I am so happy to be a part of Visiting Angels!!! I have helped so many beautiful seniors and their families...their letters of appreciation have confirmed it and I am proud!. I could not save my dear mom from AlZ but I can make a difference in another Senior's life. For that I can sleep at night... Visiting Angels is not a fly by night company; here today and gone tomorrow. Or, a new home care agency popping out of nowhere! Our history and how we became Visiting Angels in 1998 came from a vision of our founder, Jeffrey Johnson, who listened to families of clients who had no alternatives but to place thier loved ones into nursing facilities He changed that with the establishment of Visiting Angles in providing the BEST CARE possible for seniors and their families (respite care) while keeping them all at home as long as possible. As a resulet, VA has agencies all over the US, Canada, Europe and Japan. We can all thank Jeffrey Johnson for this wonderful service of love and care to our precious elderly and extended loved ones!

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections