logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    David

Rip off

ViSalus
Originally Posted by Northern California
I need some information about this company, they are offering larges amounts of money to recruit people from other mlm...
We just had a bad experience with IGI, we don't wanna fall again...
please, any kind of information, bad or good...
Thanks...

Ryan Blair, with PathConnect gets your information then sends it to his ViSalus Reps and you are now being scamed out of money and a false promise of hope. This is not a legitimate MLM company, they are the MLM company that gives MLM's such a bad name PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT THERE!

Well, THEY ARE A SCAM in Alaska they are targeting Arbonne Consultants. If ViSalus was a memeber of the DSA maybe they would know they are being unethical. Too bad so many people will finance a BMW that they can't afford to begin with, then when ViSalus gets BUSTED and shut down, they will be stuck with it. Yes the rumors are true, there is a price tag on each Arbonne Consultants head!

1. Deceptive or Unlawful Consumer or Recruiting Practices
No member company of the Association shall engage in any deceptive, unlawful or unethical consumer or recruiting practice. Member companies shall ensure that no statements, promises or testimonials are made which are likely to mislead consumers or prospective salespeople.

1. Prior to 1993, the Code protected only the ultimate users or consumers of our products and services. The 1993 amendments extended protection to our independent sales representatives. The amendments were not intended to include "proselytizing" or salesforce raiding disputes within the jurisdiction of the Code, except to the extent that such disputes involve allegations of deceptive, unlawful or unethical recruiting practices or behaviors aimed at potential salespeople. As used in this section, "unethical" means violative of the U.S. DSA Code of Ethics.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Nov, 2011 by   Dayle Sauve 0 Votes
Please take me OFF your mailing list.
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   Andreana 0 Votes
I have also been double billed even though I canceled my order with 2 weeks notice. This is the second shipment charged without authorisation. They resolved the first issue quickly but refuse to fix it this time saying they could not have made a mistake twice. I have asked to remove the credit card on file. Won't do it. UUUGGGHHH
 13th of Jan, 2012 by   hitter18 +1 Votes
to Dayle Sauve and Andreana:
Why are you posting here about trying to cancel your account? Why not call the 1-866-Visalus number that they have printed on the packing slip of your shipment? Please take responsibility for your stupidity and stop blaming others. I am sure you are still overweight, and that is probably their fault too.
 26th of Jan, 2012 by   Upset with Visalus 0 Votes
I was also charged twice for one order that I made, but I recevied the product twice, so I did not complain. One thing everyone needs to be very careful with if they are signing up as a distributor. They have your credit card number on file - watch carefully that you are not being charged for services that you have not agreed to. This happened to my 19 year old son, he signed up as a distributor using my credit card, and after a few months I noticed that I was being charged a monthly fee for their Website. I had not agreed to this, my son had no idea this was going to happen and felt bad that I was stung for $216. After phoning Visalus three times, being on hold for at least half hour each time, I finally had someone agree to refund me for the last monthly charge, and take my credit card off their files. It still costed me alot of money, my fault for not looking at my credit card statement on a more regular basis, but since I wasn't using it, I did not expect transactions on it. Their phone service sucked! My son and I both felt that we had been robbed. Be careful, read all the fine lines, before signing up as a distributor.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   jdwdfw 0 Votes
I would suggest staying out of all MLMs and going with something where they pay you like a real company, W-2 up front. I give out Kangen water through Enagic and never sell my product, if your product doesn't "talk" for itself then it will leave you screaming with buyer's remorse later. God Bless you and your's in Jesus' Name through the Holy Spirit. -- @jdwdfw

P.S. Check Out : 1:11 Then Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had assigned over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.” 14 So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days. 15 At the end of ten days it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. 16 So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink, and gave them vegetables.
17 As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. 18 At the end of the time, when the king had commanded that they should be brought in, the chief of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. 19 And the king spoke with them, and among all of them none was found like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. Therefore they stood before the king. 20 And in every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters that were in all his kingdom.
 27th of Mar, 2012 by   gigimiz 0 Votes
I started using this product for weight loss and its been 2 mths since i started. I have lost 12 lbs in 2 mths and was even cheating a few days in between. Overall im extremely happy i found something like this that can work for me as i wanted to lose weight gradually.
thank you visalus. for those that didnt get success using this product maybe its not design for everyone and will not work for everyone. Ps i dont really like diet products but have research and found this to be very healthy ..btw im a health care practioner and will recommend this to my clients also.
Thanks for reading...always wanted to say its working for me but never had a chance until now.
 30th of Mar, 2012 by   Cafehebert 0 Votes
If you are truly looking for financial freedom visith www.cafehebert.organogold.com you will truly be blessed
 31st of Mar, 2012 by   FOR THE BIRDS 0 Votes
THIS STUFF IS FOR THE BIRDS, IF YOU LIKE CHALKY LIQUIDS THEN THIS IS THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. IT DOSENT WORK THE ONLY THING THAT WILL HELP YOU TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT IS DIET AND EXCERCISE. PLEASE PEOPLE DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN ALL OF THE HYPE. YOU CAN DO BETTER THINGS WITH THE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET YOU TO SPEND ON A CAKE BATTER IN MILK PRODUCT.
 10th of May, 2012 by   Smitty1997 0 Votes
I recently contacted a rep. of this company to express my interest in becoming a distributor. I was bothered by the lack of responsibility that he held when he stated "I am not responsible for the training of those who work for me". I contacted him/her to express my concern for being ripped off and all I was told is that if you don't want to drive a BMW then that's your fault. I was then told that those who did not have a positive experience with this company were only angry and were not successful in life. VERY SAD. To say the least, the first rep I spoke to stated that "I know nothing about the company, I only make money" . Guess ethics and morals are out the door.
 27th of May, 2012 by   debilynn 0 Votes
I was just checking into this company after attending a "Challenge Party" and according to the BBB there have been 44 complaints resolved in the past 3 years and 42 of them in the past 12 months. Makes me wonder how many complaints there have been that never made it to the BBB? Why haven't 2 of them been resolved ? How come 42 of 44 resolutions were only made in the past 12 months? Something doesn't sound right...
 29th of May, 2012 by   elf53 0 Votes
having same or similar complaints about visalus. asked for shakes only and they charge my account almost 300 for an entire kit which i don't want. try to call put on hold forever. the rep i purchased from said to call, well i don't have all day to be on hold, their customer services is not good. i haven't gotten much support and i am tired of the shakes and I dont' even drink 2/day. mainly because at times i get diarrhea from them. I'm also not seeing results as promised. the neuro is down right nasty tasting. I'd like a response from the emails I send to the company but I get none. All these reps are out there bragging about their weight loss and their BMW's and don't care at all about the people they sell to they are just wanting a new car. I'm not really pleased with this company and I wouldn't try to sell this product at this point in time.
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   Charles Cobb 0 Votes
I liked the product. What I don't like is autoship. Each month I told them don't send me any product automatically. I will order it when I'm ready, however another payment comes out and I am out 114.00 dollars. I did it over the web and the phone and still I am getting a box of mix, I didn't want. Now I don't want anything to do with the vi challenge. I have gotten great results, but let me decide when I want a box. This should be illegal. I buy gas when I need gas, why does Visalus have to force it down my throat. Charles Cobb
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   DJCGarcia 0 Votes
Oh my goodness... OK first of all READ THE AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!! Geesh! It's not that hard people! For you who complain about the company because you didn't make it work for yourself are all just nothing but a bunch of kids! ANY and I mean ANY MLM you join no matter what it is... THEY MAY NOT BE FOR YOU BUT IT IS FOR OTHERS! Just because you did not make it in VISalus doesn't mean for you to trash the company. The product is tremendous and it WORKS!! It's Not expensive and you can cancel your auto-ship at any point in time!! You can order as much or as little as you want! SO LOG IN AND CANCEL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE CHARGED MONTHLY!! IT'S NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE!! Same goes with any MLM out there... Cancel if you don't like or want the products!! I'm A Promoter and it pays my rent and then some. Did i go for the BMW.. NO because I don't want another car. BUT I don't look for that stuff.. I look at it for the health and mainly for the health!! IT'S SIMPLE, LESS EXPENSIVE AND EASY TO SHARE!!!
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   visaluswrongedcustomer 0 Votes
So my daughter canceled her ViSalus membership in March 2012 and they did not charge her account or send any product in April 2012, but all of a sudden 5/31/12 they charged her account $115.68. We contacted them immediately and they stated to just return the product when it arrives and they would refund her account. Well she returned the product and here we are 7/13/12 and guess what ViSalus is saying now - they are not refunding her money!! This is complete Fraud and they have stolen $115.68. We have contacted the NCSECU who have also been trying to work with this company (yes ViSalus you know who you did this too). Please refund her $115.68 as you have her money and the product - not good business. I am filing complaints with Attorney General in Michigan and the BBB.
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   Laak +1 Votes
Everybody associated with this company gives the impression they are partying all the time because they are all making money. The founders have lured a new generation of hopeless entrepreneurs into believing they'll make tons of money but in fact the founders are getting rich off of the naivete of this young generation. The fact of my experience with Visalus customer support warns me this company will not be around for the long haul. Here is my story (DUNG-DUNG):

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR AUTO-SHIP!!! That is where they will catch you. Because they will DOUBLE ship you product and then give you a hard time to return the product. Once they authorize you to return the product it will be at your expense because they won't refund the shipping costs. Amazing scammers. Even when you cancel the auto ship you will still receive product again with the same BS of having to foot the bill for shipping. They refund you he product amount but not the shipping costs.

The last straw was last week I called to cancel the auto-ship for my wife. They were able to cancel the shipment but guess what? We still got charged for the product and shipping. They refunded the product but not for the shipping - BUT THEY DIDN'T SHIP THE PRODUCT!
 28th of Jul, 2012 by   HughKoehler +1 Votes
I am a Shaklee Dist and yes they do target other MLM reps. I was just hit on today and it is the third time this has happened. I checked out their shakes out of curiosity and found that they had artificial ingredients including artificial sweetener. When they compared their shakes to other companies they used one from Shaklee that was outdated and hasn't been used in many years. They also had the wrong figures in it so if they have to lie to make their product look better that is a big negative in my book. They also compared their product using just the powder not the the actual figures for the drinkable product yet those compared were the drinkable product. Way to lie to your customers!

Compared to Shaklee, a company that does business according to the Golden Rule, does not force autoship, and pays to infinity, they just can't compare. Visalus just has nothing in common period. I enjoy what I do and the company that I am with. There is no talking to people who get into Visalus or other MLM's that are similar to it until after they crash. Even then some of them go running off to the next one and the next. You won't get anywhere if you are with the wrong company and keep repeating history.

I feel Visalus limits it's reps partially because they have a limited product line. Shaklee has over 300 products which cover other areas that people buy besides weight loss programs. Shaklee has also been around for 56 years. Dr Shaklee created the first vita/mineral supplement back in 1915. That is almost 100 years ago. How far back does Visalus go? Our Olympic athletes use Shaklee because they trust it. NASA asked Shaklee to create a re-hydration dring for the astronauts back in 1993 which they still use today. Shaklee was used by the team that climbed Mount Everest for the first time without oxygen. The list goes on and on. Again I ask what has Visalus done?

What ever path you decide to travel and the company that you choose to partner with I wish you all the best. Just remember you need a company that will still be there for you now, tomorrow, and in retirement. Did you know that Shaklee businesses can be willed to someone that you choose. A great thing to be able to leave your business to your children and their children.
 23rd of Feb, 2013 by   raybutt 0 Votes
All I can say what goes around comes around and if you are in Jenny Lynn's down line you are in big trouble, I won't go into detail by honesty is not here.
 5th of May, 2013 by   laura m johnson 0 Votes
They don't give refunds like they say they will. I had a promoter WHO returned an unopened esa kit 2 months ago and he has yet to be refunded so now he has acquired a lawyer to get his money back. This has me looking bad
 23rd of May, 2013 by   Leslie Bell 0 Votes
I just want to lose some weight. I do not want to become a Rep. I am not looking for free product. But, I was wondering if this is a "Pyramid"? The shakes taste great. They are working. And that is all I really care about.
 8th of May, 2014 by   Ralph Ness 0 Votes
Total scam. Rip off. Beware. Do not get involved with this company they will rip you off. You may as well get your money and throw it in the garbage can.

5 Great Tips How to Save on Entertainment