logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
CheapOAir
Dirty dealing, lying and fraud
2. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    Rodney

Online fraud

Virtual Vocations.com
virtualvocations.com
This company likes to spam users from Craig's list even if the users or company has selected to not be contacted by third party services. This is what is so wrong, they have a policy of terms that they wish to have users abide by but they feel above the others by disregarding these terms themselves when they visit websites.

They lure unsuspecting people to pay for their services when they try to obtain business illegitimately.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jun, 2009 by   Marketing and PR Collective +1 Votes
I did not find that to be the case. You have to read their policies. They are a job board compilation site that does all the leg work and posts legitimate jobs that they have found on other places on the web. Plus, they have employers who post their jobs on the site. I personally use their service and have gotten several contract jobs through Virtual Vocations.

Debbie
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   EvaFlorence +1 Votes
I have used VV for over 2 years now and have never been scammed. I am willing to pay the $6.99 fee for them to do all the hours of researching jobs instead of me. I can not say one bad think about VV, it has been a great help to me.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   madismommy07 -1 Votes
I am an employer who has posted my job on Craigslist, this company has taken our ad with out permission and posted it and withheld vital information for applicants. Please do not spend your money on this website, and if you have ask them for it back, if they will not give it to you report them as fraud to your banking institution!!

This is a website built by people who only want your money, not to help you actually find a job. Please re-consider paying for this website.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   ConcernedJobPoster -1 Votes
I completely agree with the post from madismommy07. I too posted a job opportunity on craigslist recently and have been receiving resumes from people who are not qualified for the position simply because they saw what VirtualVocation chose to post and not the correct full list of required skills. They are wasting your time and making you pay for it. For those who posted that they think this is saving them time, think again. You are being charged for jobs that you can a.) find yourself for free and b.) sending out resumes to potential employers without getting all of the facts on the job first. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that all of the supposedly 'good' reviews for them are actually the owners of the site just trying to drum up good press.

Horrible scam! Stay away from Virtual Vocations!
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   jobhunter1 -1 Votes
madismommy07 and ConcernedJobPoster:
You have no idea what you're talking about. I have been a paying member of Virtual Vocations for over a year now. They provide a job compilation service. They list a review of the position BUT if you are a PAYING member (which is the only way you can apply for the jobs) then you see the entire job description that employers post. They aren't misleading anyone. If you're not getting qualified applicants consider rewording your post.

The reason I defend them is because I already have one part time job and two children. I don't have the time to sift through all the job posting out there looking for freelance positions. I pay a small service fee (which costs WAY less than my time) and I get access to legit job postings. Do you have any idea how many Craigslist scams are out there? Virtual Vocations sifts through all of that and provides me with legit jobs. They are worth every penny.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   virtualvocations 0 Votes
To Madi and Concernedjobposter,

I'm sorry that you were upset about your listing showing up on our board. Our service provides listings for our users that will take them to the original job posting, wherever that may have been posted, so, users do view the original jobs. We are a compilation service, which is what our members pay for, our service allows them to save hours of research time by locating legitimate telecommute job listings for them from all over the Internet. We also provide much more than job listings for our members. They also receive a professional resume enhancement, access to an additional work at home company list with over 500 companies that are friendly to telecommuting, access to an online portfolio builder and a copy of our ebook, The Telecommuting Handbook. I do appreciate your concern, and it helps a lot to have people looking out for each other!

12th of Sep, 2012 by   becky +2 Votes
Just this morning, I purchased a membership with them and already I am cancelling it. I hope they honor their money back guarantee. As a Recruiter, I should have known better than to buy into a site like this one. I usually do my homework on a company/service before purchasing something, but in my defense it was early in the morning and I hadn't yet had my first cup of coffee when I hit the "buy now" button on paypal. Upon further exploring their actual job postings though, I knew I had made a mistake. Why? Well, for a couple of reasons actually...
1.) This service is really not a service at all. It is just a scraper site like Indeed.com, except Indeed provides more results. Not to mention Indeed and others like it are FREE!
2.) Very limited search results and most of the ones that came up were just staffing companies, not direct employers.
3.) The jobs and companies listed are NOT exclusive to virtual vocations. The fact that they will go through and list jobs but then BLOCK and HIDE the names of the employers/companies until you purchase their "membership" is simply misleading and unethical. Why? Because this Virtual Vocations does not have any exclusive rights to list or agreements with the companies whose jobs and names they are dangling out there as bait. Those listings are easily accessible to any and all job seekers elsewhere.

Like I said, I hope they stand by their money-back guarantee.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   Judith Magill 0 Votes
These scammers have been taking money out of my bank account for a year or more!!! My fault for not getting on it sooner, but holy cow. I'm so mad!
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   becky 0 Votes
Judith,
I hate to hear that you have also been ripped off by this "service". IMPORTANT: Do NOT count that money from your bank account as gone yet! Do what I did - call the 800 number listed on your bank's website or on the back of your debit card ASAP and tell them that you are disputing the charges all the way back to the first month of their "auto-debiting" your account. You will be reimbursed and they will be investigated and reported for poor business practices. Also, report them to any and all BBB divisions that deal with virtual transactions and online businesses. Do NOT roll over and take it up the "you-know-where". We must all stand by and support each other when it comes to this type of practice. You have my support! Feel free to contact me if you need help determining who or where to call to rectify this situation.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   becky 0 Votes
Just a quick piece of advice to "Virtual Vocations" and "jobhunter1" - GET REAL. You can spin your "services" however you want but it won't make it any less of a scam. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked! Because they are NOT your jobs to post and you do NOT have ANY exclusivity agreement from the companies you list as bait and claim to have exclusive access to charge people to view. And please save the "we provide a service" speech. It simply is false advertising and if you keep it up it won't be long before you are sued by the companies you claim to have "exclusive" jobs through. I am just shocked you have gotten away with it this long! You might want to consider becoming Realtors and just charging people to view homes that are already for sale and listed or copying the ads in local papers and charging double for people to read them from you. Wait, I probably should stop before I have to charge you for "access" to view this post!
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   saenzkevin 0 Votes
Here is my experience with this company. I recently noticed an opportunity for employment in my area that I was qualified for and this led me to subscribe. I bookmarked the posting so I would not lose it. Once I subscribed I searched for the position. It was not there. As a matter of fact, there were not positions available in my area. I immediately went to chat and they stated that the position was more than 30 days old. I felt that was a little shysty. I was lured in by a potential position that was not even available. On the other hand though, when speaking to chat associate concerning this I was given a complete refund. So who knows, but I will probably not use them again on the account that I was misled in the first place.
 3rd of Jul, 2013 by   HIckory1120 0 Votes
As in "real-time", legitimate personnel agencies, executive search firms, etc. are all PAID BY THE EMPLOYER. The same can be said of any website, virtual or not. Any company, virtual or not asking you to pay a fee is pretty much a scam, or at the very least, lacking scruples. Take a look at Elance's policy, which charges the client a percentage. There is a premium for extended services, however, one can use the services adequately. As a Researcher/Recruiter, I immediately noticed the same ad's from Craigslist and LinkedIn. Someone needs to take legal action.
 9th of Jul, 2013 by   scammedinseattle 0 Votes
This place is a total scam! They make promises of "resume enhancement services" then when it doesn't happen they say "Oh, it's a partner company, you can contact them if you want." They have no comment on what their service is for, anyone with half decent internet skills can research and find these jobs. The chat person asked twice for my information and then was rude, and snotty when I said I already gave you that information. Total waste. Here is the company contact information if you want to complain: Owner Laura Spawn, 9450 SW Gemini Dr, ECM # 26125, Beaverton, OR 97008 Fax 520 838 8649. This is supposedly the ONLY way you can get a complaint to the actual company of Virtual Vocations.
 6th of Aug, 2013 by   Ellen Reynolds 0 Votes
There were some really interesting looking positions, but you cannot get much information without subscribing. So, I did. Only to find out that every one of the positions was expired, except one. That one was posted as an online adjunct job, which it is not. It is part online/part in classroom. I cancelled my subscription immediately.
 6th of Sep, 2013 by   L. D.Reed 0 Votes
I joined and cancelled before the end of my subscription. Only to check my paypal which I don't do often for I don't use it often to see four more charges from Virtual Vocations. One a week for a month. I already cancelled by sending an email to the address given for cancellations. What would one call this? A mistake in charging me weekly for a month on something cancelled prior to expiration date? I even got an acknowledgement of my cancellation from Virtual Vocations and still they charged and charged. If not a scam it is something else that I spread the work about and worked with Paypal to get all charges reversed even the first one that was legit. Their bad...
 2nd of Nov, 2013 by   Dale Worth 0 Votes
Thank you, to all those who have posted. You saved me time and money by warning me in advance of a foolhardy purchase. I am always skeptical when it comes to paid subscriptions like the one listed on VV, and the testimonials sounded like a late night tv ad thus prompting me to search this site. Buyer beware is what comes to mind.
 22nd of Dec, 2013 by   Caroline54 0 Votes
I've been victimized by these frauds.
 27th of Jan, 2014 by   Sam85978 0 Votes
Thank you all for your input! I was considering joining but am going to learn vicariously through your experiences. I was scammed once before by a site similar to this. They had the nerve to call me on the phone and basically laugh at my stupidity and poor decision of signing up with them since they had a no refund policy. I think I'll pass on this one too.
 31st of Jan, 2014 by   Simon.Says 0 Votes
Scam, scam, scam! They claim to have telecommute jobs. However, you can find these jobs on other sites / the original sites and THERE IS NO MENTION OF VIRTUAL WORK!!
 28th of Feb, 2014 by   DeborahTed 0 Votes
Almost bought into this. I thought it was too good to be true. Any tips on how to find LEGITIMATE jobs that this agency boasts of?

How to Save on Health Insurance