logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Exotic Dit-Dots
Scam, don’t buy from them
2. (24 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
3. (28 mins ago)
Open Media
Charged for online book order, never received, unable to contact company either in USA or Australia!
4. (37 mins ago)

Posted:    bigred1988

never stopped

the vip loan shop
Pennsylvania
My wife and I each took a loan for $300. This was 9 months ago. They deposited the money, one on her payweek and one on mine. I just called customer service and they said my loan was paid off. I said that's funny because you are still taking out $60 every other week. Your wife's isn't paid off. Funny I said both were the same time. Oh, I can't talk to you about it. Wife is calling so I can talk about it. I'm looking at $2700 for two loans totally $600. If this doesn't stop today with a generous refund in my bank, I will contact a lawyer. I have every bank statement since this occurred. Not a single email or phone call. And we each have our own email accounts and phones. I was blind but now I can see and some mother ****** is going to pay! I'd advise you to put a stop payment on the ach debit, then close your account.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Mr. Neely +1 Votes
They did the exact same thing to me and on new years eve at that..Left me high and dry, I too have all my records...I'm considering a class action suit against this company for damages...here's my email if anyone is interested neeleyo@hotmail.com
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   Rc3979 +1 Votes
I hate the vip loan shop. I don't know why I even dealt with them in the first place. Oh yeah, I was in a bind and they totally took advantage of that.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   Mommy3 0 Votes
They did the same to my husband. For a $300 loan, they have taken $540 from my husband account and says he still owe them $300. Did anyone stop payment and close the account. What was the result.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   manonegre +2 Votes
Screw VIP. They will try every trick in the book to get your money. I got a 500.00 loan from them two years ago and paid it off completely. When they continued to take money from my account, I called and spoke to two different people who did nothing to help me after promising to refund the money. I eventually closed my bank account. They called so much that I had to change my phone number. They would always threaten court action and try to use legal language in an attempt to get my new information. Just today, they called me from a fake number in my area code claiming to be a law firm that was retained by VIP. They actually had the nerve to ask for my new bank account information and employment info. Here's what I know: 1.They have stolen lots of money from me and many others who have posted their stories online. 2. They are not licensed to make loans in any states where licensing is required. 3. They will lie outright about who they are and what they are trying to do. If you have a loan with them, CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! Dont cave into the pressure that they try to apply on you to try to get more money.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   Msch1959 +2 Votes
I also barrorrowed from two online places and made high payments and they want paid in full. They have harassed me at work and home threatening to take me to court for fraud. I talked to the state dept. on this manor and they said they cant get you for fraud and never has seen a case where one was taken to court. To close checking account call them back not letting them know you did. Just ask for your balance in a regular calm conversation and tell them you would like to get payment down due to you changed your job self employed and give them a boggess salary(lie). This will give them different info. so they wont call your work. Also it would be a good idea if you stop payment on your ach (debits) with all lenders so they cant reopen account forcefully. These people that run these places are running out of reservations and over seas and will bleed your checking account out till YOU STOP IT. You may change your phone number. But the state says just hang up every time eventually the will stop threatening and bother others they are actually continuing to get money out of there bank. Hope this helps everyone. Take action now. Its your money. Think about it. Regular loan companies do not do this. They just give it to a credit company and we can pay on these with low payments we can afford. This is the biggest scams online to get everyones money that already has poor credit or desperate for money now due to the economy the way it is now. Its highway robbery. Dont worry they cant hurt you. GOOD LUCK. Let me know how it turns out. Msch1959@yahoo.com
 10th of May, 2011 by   MomWifeSisterFriend +1 Votes
They have also had the same thing happen to me. I took out a loan for $300 and for 5 months my account was being deducted random amounts. 90, 130, 60, 49.. When I realized they have taken nearly $700 from me I called them to see what was going on and they never answered. For two weeks I was getting sent to voicemail. So I finally decided to just close my bank account and take the loss. I am now getting phone calls saying that I still owe them an additional $350 which is completely absurd! They are completely fraudulent and wreckless with their practices and need to be shut down! Avoid this company at all costs. I have taken out a loan from another company after this one for more money, paid them off in full long ago and this one still lingers. They will rob you blind as long as they have your acct info!
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Stevie W. Rogers 0 Votes
My name is Stevie Rogers, Im having the same problems. With these people every two weeks they are taking out so much money out of my account for no reason. The loan has been pay off so many times over and over. People do not become a victim to this online scam.
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   ShaunAlexander502 +1 Votes
I gave all of my information, my routing and checking account number, however that's as far as I got. My heart did not feel right. I did not sign or check anything once it told me I was approved. I just clicked off the page and that was that. Do I still need to be worried about debits because they have my account information or because I did not agree and finalize the paperwork with signatures am I okay? Please advise...
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   Firetamer 59 0 Votes
I took out a loan from them, and have not paid them back yet. Should I pay them back?? I closed the account that they had on file. I don't know what to do? My email is firetamer59@yahoo.com. If anyone can help, please let me know. Chris
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   kerric 0 Votes
I applied for a loan with another online company which deposited 300.00 in my account. I looked up and VIP had deposited 300.00 without my permission and had taken their first payment out. I called and asked them about it and was told I applied for it. I never filled out any paperwork with them. I am thinking of doing the same thing closing that bank account.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   janea johnson 0 Votes
I started receiving calls for several men saying they were representing VIP i was told that i had applied for a loan in the amount of 300.00 and i had not applied i was told since i had not made a payment that i now owed them 569.67 to settle out of court i was told to go to the nearest Wal-Mart and put this amount on a pre-paid Visa not to activate it when i asked what would i have to show i paid this account in full i was told they would give me a confirmation number and in 15-20 days papers would be sent to me meanwhile they where taking money from my account first withdrawal in the amount of 160.00 second amount they tried 135.00 third amount 150.00 i have overdraft charges accuring they call my job and threaten me they call my phone 10 and 11 times a day close out your bank account and you might have to change your phone number, but if there's anyone out there that can help please contact me at janj8867@yahoo.com.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   ttladyb28 +1 Votes
I have used this sevice more than once and never had a problem. NO extra drafts, and once paid in full I reborrowed, My money was deposited the same day I applied
 13th of Sep, 2011 by   kjennings2523 0 Votes
I got a 200 dollar loan. They only deposited 155 dollars in my account because of some fees that they took out that were probably BS just so they wouldn't have to loan me up to 200 dollars. I still had to pay back the full balance of 260 dollars with the 60 being interest. They will only take out a minimum of 60 dollars every pay period which just pays the interest and you still have your 200 dollar balance with them and then that's how they scam you out of your money. You have to call them at least three days before your scheduled minimum payment or all they will take out is the interest until you pay your balance in full. They are really tricky so you have to watch out.
 1st of Oct, 2011 by   faathestrong 0 Votes
This company needs to be shut down! I experienced so much stress brought on by this company taking my very limited and hard-earned money. I took out a $500 loan at the end of August. I only wanted to pay the extremely high interest ($150) once. Therefore, I planned to pay off the loan out of my first paycheck (9/15/11). I called several times three days in advance (of 9/15/11) before 5pm as instructed. I would be on hold for a long period of time, them automatically sent to voicemail. I left several messages stating that I wanted to pay the loan in full ($650) on 9/15/11. I also sent an email as instructed to do so three days in advance by 5pm. On approximately 9/27/11, I received a notice asking which payment option I wanted to pursue towards the $500 loan. I thought this notice was an error given I had instructed them to take out the full loan amount plus interest ($650) on 9/15/11. I then realized that they had only taken out $150 (interest) on 9/15/11...and NOT the full loan pay off amount as I had instructed them on 9/12/11. I immediately attempted to call...no answer after several phone calls...only voice mail. I left sooooo many messages explaining that the loan should have been paid off on 9/15/11. I also sent several email messages stating the same...no response. On my next pay period (9/30/11), they debited another $150. I once again called and emailed frantically explaining that the I had instructed them to debit the full amount of the loan plus interest on 9/15/11. I further stated that I was not going t pay another $150 in interest as a result of there error! Therefore, I told them to debit another $350 ONLY...and that would result in my loan being paid in full. I eventually spoke to [supposedly] supervisors...one name Heather and another name Gary (who said he was director of customer services). Both very rudely/unprofessionally told me that I would still have to pay the extra $150 in interest plus the $500 (if I wanted topay the loan off and avoid further fees). They refused to reimbursed or deduct the $150 interest. Even when I presented a copy of the email sent on 9/12/11 at 4:46pm EST stating to debit the full loan amount on 9/15/11. They told me that I should have checked my bank statement for confirmation of the debit on 9/15/11. I told them not to debit the $500 and that I was going to [first] pursue action via higher authority to be reimbursed the $150. However, after I went online for less than 5-minutes...I read so many horror stories about VIP. I therefore decided that I wanted to pay them off and not have anything further to do with them. I called back and paid the $500 via my bank's debit card. Based on what I read...it would be better for me to take a $150 loss than to deal with "the devils" at this unethical and immoral company!!! This company advertise as being reflective of integrity and quality customer services. The latter is such a lie! Instead, they prey on monetarily disadvantaged people...and that is just down right EVIL. fthstrong@aol.com
 9th of Oct, 2011 by   DfromMI 0 Votes
I too am dealing with this company. I borrowed $500.oo and have already paid $450.00 for fees. I chatted last week with a rep to pay $200.00 toward the balance and then the following week they could take out the fee on pay day. After the entire chat she said the balance would be $450.00. I told her that the $200.00 would be for the balance of original loan. She then explained that $150.00 was for the fee and $50.00 went towards the loan amount even though I had told her earlier to not included the fees in that amount, use it all to reduce the original amount and take the fees the following week. She said that she had set it up for the following week because their system does no allow you make a payment early, on on the due dates. So far, once they take the $200.00, I will have paid $650.00 for a $500.00 loan. What a joke. How can they ever have any returning customers. I have used other companies and the loan fees are a one time shot. I also agree with the lack of return calls or emails. I was surprised to be able to get through with a chat. It did ask me at the end of chat if I wanted an email of the chat conversation and I said yes. As I hit submit, it said error with the system. Funny, I never did receive that email. Maybe they are not smart enough to know how to do a return call or email. Its a shame what we have to do in desperate times and how people take advantage of us.
I wish I could figure out how to spread the word, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I would be interested in a class action law suit if it ever came about.
MICHIGAN
 12th of Oct, 2011 by   B Wilson 0 Votes
This company has stolen 920.00 from me and 1016.00 from my husband. They try to say you signed your state's rights away and are under West Indies Law. They will try everything. When the class action lawsuit comes about, I am definitely on board. I feel like people should sue them for their illegal collection techniques as well. You can sue them for 1, 000.00 each time they break the law. I would tell them I am recording each and every conversation. They can't sue you because they are ILLEGAL!
 10th of Dec, 2011 by   NINTH Street 0 Votes
Thank You for all you're comments about this company. I almost gave them my information as well but, I instead decided to read the complaint page. This could have been one of my biggest mistakes. Someone needs to shut the VIP LOAN SCAM COMPANY DOWN!!! ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!
 5th of Jun, 2012 by   skmonte 0 Votes
I took out a $420.00 loan w/VIP, back in Jan.of this year. I stopped paying after 2 payments. I get a call today from someone local saying they were representing the company, and if I couldn't make arrangements to pay off the $800.00 that has occured, my wages would be garnished; 30%. To top it all off, that garnishment would just be for the principal, not the actual payment. I hung up on the guy. Has anyone experienced this?
 24th of Jun, 2012 by   optimus27801 0 Votes
Skmonte, VIP are scammers.There is no legal way they can garnish your wages bc they are illegal and depending on your state, they are more than likely not even licensed to do business.They are trying to scare you into paying them.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   Hate VIPLOANSHOP 0 Votes
I was in the same boat like everyone here.I borrowed $300 in July of 2011 and after one payment I decided to pay off half of my loan so I tried to call them but it went to voice mail so I contacted them through email and told them my plan but they never did and no matter how I tried to call and sent emails they just ignored me.I got tired and just decided to pay the loan until last month and what a relief.Yes don't you ever borrow from this SUCKERS for they will suck you out until you are dry!!!

Homes: Rent or Buy?