logo

M/S STERLING TREE MAGNUM(INDIA) LIMITED,
ABOUT TEAK TREE INVESTMENT
3. (8 mins ago)
Edreams
Mistake done by eDreams employee cost me 700 euros and they don't want to resolve the issue
4. (13 mins ago)
uksleepingtablets.com
I got nothing from these scammers
5. (40 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

VESID, Spring Valley, New York Complaints & Reviews - Lying recruiters/false claims

VESID Contacts & Informations

VESID

Posted:    Smart1

Lying recruiters/false claims

VESID
Spring Valley, New York
Oh where to start with this mess of an Organization! Let me give some of the highlights of the lowpoints with them. They say they only help 30% of the people they recruit and I have realized that this is because they recruit too many people that they can't help, just because they get more money from the state by recruiting people (even if they don't help them)! They have been in business long enough to know who can benefit from their services and who won't, but they don't even try to take the time to figure it out because they only "Gain" (money) from recruiting extra people so it doesn't matter to them, and that's what they did with me. Totally Used me for their own gain even though it turned out that they didn't have any services for me, and I had to go through all types of tests before finding that out! They get away with it by saying "some people find our services helpful and some don't." That may be true but they should have enough experience by now to see a pattern in the type of person who finds their services helpful vs. who doesn't, right? If they were willing to use their brains more they would only recruit those that were right for their services and the percent of people they help would increase. Figuring that out isn't brain surgery, right? Well, there certainly aren't any brain surgeons working there, I can tell you that!

I was recruited by John Guzman, who was the 1st liar I met. He was immature and unprofessional at times but I still gave him the benefit of the doubt (my mistake) because I was desperate for help. When I called him once when he was sitting in another office, I was directed to voicemail and left a very personal message on his voicemail. A few days later I asked him about it and he said he didn't get it because he doesn't have the password for that phone, it belongs to someone else. I told him the receptionist knew you were out but gave me that voicemail anyway because she thinks you can get your messages there, and I'm sure I'm not the only one leaving you messages. What do you think would be the proper response of a Professional who's supposed to care about the people he's helping? Nope! That's not what he did. His response was to look down and smile and then say, "IT's PROBABLY BETTER THAT WAY!" Can you believe that? It certainly wasn't better for ME, the customer, but why should he care about ME, right? That was a total breach of confidentiality too, and he just made a joke about it and expected me to laugh with him and forget all about it! Can you believe how selfish, mean and immature he is?!!! When I complained to his supervisor, Andrea Steinberg, all she did was tell me he was a "very good counselor" and brushed it all aside too! I ask you, does he sound like a "VERY GOOD" counselor to anyone out there??? He wasn't "Very Good" with me, and I don't see any reason for someone else's experience to count more than mine, right? They were basically telling me that they don't care about what happened to me, right??? Does anybody want to work with them now that you see their true attitude? I also had a meeting with Angelo Mineri who Andrea said is the "Director of Counseling" ( I have my doubts), and after he came to the meeting without a pad to take notes, and then didn't remember anything we talked about when I wrote to follow-up several days later, I then realized that he wasn't there to do anything more than try to "pacify" me. Obviously he didn't do a very good job of it. ;-)

By the way, the Placement Specialist there, Ronda Papp, also accidentally admitted to me that she puts people's SS#'s for jobs online without them even knowing she's doing that! That illegal, isn't it? So you shouldn't work work with her either, or at least don't give her your SS#.

Please do yourself a favor and don't use them unless you have a physical or mental impairment, and even then ask for specifics about how they'll help you. Don't fall for the gimmic of taking tests to "assess your strengths and weaknesses" because nobody at VESID knows what to do with those results when they get them back. Please note that these tests would be more accurate if the contained the disclaimer "For Entertainment Purposes only" on the bottom of them. Good Luck!
Comments United States Non-profit Organizations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Rob -1 Votes
Totally false. I am a long-time VESID client and they have been very helpful. They are great at what they do and care deeply about their clients. You must be upset about something else.
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   thestoopidswanttoeatme 0 Votes
VESID has jerked me around for more than five years.
The job developers just want to throw you into any job they have handy.
The counselors (on my fourth now) RARELY return phone calls.
I hate VESID and am working toward developing an alternative to VESID for people like me that do not fit into their traditional mold.

peeved
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   Charles M> 0 Votes
i have been so screwed by VESID in NYC. after spending 100s of dollars on documentation, and gettting a letter confiring my eligibility to take classes they now want further documentation, not giving me the specifics of what they want. and they don't call you back. they need to restructure the whole NYC organization.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   Saying The Truth +1 Votes
I agree with the people complaining about VESID. If it was not for Medicaid I would have had to pay a lot of money for all of these documentations. They had given me the run around by going to these evaluations and job assessment testes. They never call back! When you call them they are very disrespectful. It is sad on how they talk to people with disabilities. When you go in person nobody knows anything. The only thing that they do is recruit people quickly. I have tried more than once with this waste of time organization. Say away from VESID!
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   NYS Resident +1 Votes
I was a Nassau County VESID client. My counselor had a terrible habit of not returning phone calls or responding to letters. Weeks would go where I was unable to get in touch with my counselor, even though I tried phoning, leaving messages with the counselor's supervisor, and even writing. As a result, I missed out on being able to apply for three good job possibilites where funding was available to hire individuals with disabilities. The counselor also missed two scheduled appointments without any explanation or apology. When I phoned to find out why she was a no-show, I left a phone message with the receptionist but again, I never heard back from the counselor. I worked hard to earn a college degree in business (my family paid every penny of my college expenses) and I was working toward an advanced degree. In eight months, the only two job interviews that my VESID counselor set up for me were as an aide in a nursing home, heavy lifting required, and as a cook's assistant in a daycare center for children. She was angry when I refused to consider either job. Both jobs would have been incredibly inappropriate, given my education and my disability. What was that counselor thinking? When I asked to be switched to another counselor, the office manager became extremely rude, shrill, and unprofessional. She reduced me to tears and told me I was a prima donna. I never went back to VESID. Instead, I found a private, for-fee vocational counselor who helped me tremendously. I got an excellent start on my chosen career path. VESID may be free but free is no good if you get no help. Your local Department of Labor will be able to give you more help about possible jobs and employers in your area. I would suggest starting with the Department of Labor.
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   Strength +1 Votes
I am new to Vesid and was upset that my counselor was holding out on benefits that I actually qualified for. The only way I found out about getting mileage riembursment to and from my school (an hour away) was from a fellow vesid classmate. Another vesid classmate told me that she was getting tutoring paid for by vesid which is something I needed especially taking these medical classes full time. My vesid counselor told me that vesid did not pay for a student having to retake a class, even if it was my situation where I contracted the swine flu virus and was on bed rest for 2 weeks. My vesid classmate also said that vesid paid for her to retake 2 classes. If it wasn't for my vesid classmates, I would've been struggling financially and would have missed out on these benefits. Why do some vesid counselors feel the need to withhold this valuable information from you? Isn't the whole purpose of Vesid is to help people like us with disabilities in any way they can? Is it possible that some are just too lazy to do the paper work to truly help someone to the fullest extent? Is it possible that some may be jealous because they feel like we're getting a free ride and no one gave them one? I have since contacted the Vesid Review Unit in Albany which is the counselors' higher ups of every county in NY state. He will be contacting my counselor immediately. Our counselors have bosses too and we have a voice. Don't give up and use your voice to be heard especially when you feel like you're being unfairly treated in anyway. Justice is worth fighting for and unfortunately fighting is a part of life. Standing up for what we believe is right is just something we have to do if we want any resolve in being treated unfairly.
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   CAPman 0 Votes
If you feel that your VESID services are not going well, if you have delays of service, if communication or responses from your vocational counselor are slow (if at all), if your Individualized Plan for Employment, or IPE, isn't being followed, call your regional Client Assistance Program coordinator (CAP). CAP can advocate for you and help push matters along.

You can call toll-free and find who is your CAP coordinator for your region: 1-800-624-4143 (Voice / TTY)

Here's a link that describes CAP, its services and CAP offices/contact information:

I know this because I'm a CAP coordinator for Western NY State.:)
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   Roza123 0 Votes
VAIST of time and government MONEY
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   Roza123 +1 Votes
WAIST of Gov MONEY and NO HELP
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   vrc -1 Votes
Every part of VESID assistance is centered on the client, not a prescription like one size fits all. In other words, like every person is different so it is for IPE's. It is not an entitlement program, it offers assistance where appropriate. Communication between the consumer and the counselor is the most important aspect, a consumer can't assume anything and the counselor is held to a high standard of accountability. There is the gathering of information phase, a part that disturbs and or inconveniences many consumers, but without appropriate documentation, no services can be justified. So work with your counselor, go along with the process and develop the best relationship you can with the counselor. That being said, there are agendas, aggravated by experience, that can go into play which include ignoring, revenge and deception. So, approach the VESID application with care and be wary that the counselors, their bosses are people, prone to goodness and evil. There are agendas that rob them too like slander, immaturity and crime sprees. Yep, I said it, stealing and defamation that isn't addressed at all. The Ethics Board just shies these off and that is a HUGE problem. I have not seen any resolution to that pattern even though it can be gauged with movement of staff, quitting, dismissal and demotion. No matter what however, VESID can work wonders and many consumers are changed for the good and are earning a good living.
For the original poster, use better judgment, don't leave emotionally ladened messages. Always get the person on the line. There are many offices and locations so to leave a message, you simply don't know where it is or where it ends up.
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   Lenoir 0 Votes
I can't even get anyone at VESID. (I was directed to this agency through the Ticket To Work program through SSI.) I call the numbers I was given only to repeatedly get directed to voice mailboxes that are full, then the phone system automatically redirects me to another phone, and that voice mailbox is full, too. This literally went on for hours one day (yes, I was desperate), switching me back and forth to dozens of different full mailboxes (or maybe it was the same one over and over again?), until finally the system directed me to a number that was disconnected, and the call was dropped. With everything else that's going wrong, I'll admit that I sort of broke down in frustration. I got a person ONCE dialing a different number, and I could barely understand them. The number on the web page was supposed to serve my county, but he never even heard of my county. He wanted me to drive the 3 hours or so to get to their office. One number was actually fairly local (an hour away) but when I called, it was an office in a city several hours away. The number wasn't even for the office or city for which it was listed!

I've gone to the recommended websites to look for employment networks through VESID, put in my zip code, and get employment networks that are mainly out of my state. The few that are in my state are hours away and clearly say they only serve specific counties - not mine - even though the official website says that any employment networks that come up for my zip code, whether in my county or not, should serve my county. (My disability - and the reason I need help from VESID - has to do with anxiety and an inability to travel.) So what now? I can't live on the $472 a month I get from SSI any longer. I can't work outside of home, so I'm TRYING to find a way to do so from home, and they were my only resource for finding a way to do so. Do people in a situation like this really need the runaround and mind games? No, we really do NOT. I do not. Talk about kicking people when they're down. It took a lot for me to work up just to trying to call these people. I was really anxious about it. But hopeful. All for nothing.

But reading some of the negative experiences on here, maybe it's better I didn't reach them. Yet what else is there out there?
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   Lenoir 0 Votes
By the way, I do not know why all my punctuation turned into gibberish symbols when posting this. I hope it is only a Firefox thing, but sorry if it is difficult to read.
 24th of Nov, 2010 by   Roza123 0 Votes
Vesid just sending you to the courses...I can do that by myself without VESED. I spended 2 years for Nothing ...all I just need it Part time job.
 24th of Nov, 2010 by   Roza123 0 Votes
Ticket to Work office ...I gave them my Ticket and for 3 years is not even one call for Part time job.
I am trying to find Part time job by myself ...SO WHY DO I NEED VESED ??????
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Ricardo Polanco 0 Votes
The client assistance program is also a joke. They give you a blind and deaf counselor, and you sit back wondering why no one has gotten back to you. It is rediculous.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Big Vin +1 Votes
I'm paying for my own college even though I'm on VESID's caseload (and YES, I have a disability). I keep getting told that they're over-booked so I need to wait. I wait, only to be told that I didn't get everything done in time for them to assist me in my college funding. I'm in my 2nd semester now holding a 4.0 average and cut-off for my eligibility for the next semester is in less than a month. Still no word from VESID. It's a waste of tax dollars. I just want to be taken off of they're "over-booked" caseload so that New York State's already overtaxed residents aren't paying into a void. I would like to complete my higher education so I can begin paying back in again. Of course, I do have the option to sit.
 19th of May, 2011 by   KAKp 0 Votes
wow i totally see where your coming from !!! THEY ARE LIARS AND NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS EMAILS ETC
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   beatstreet +1 Votes
they lied to me give me all these apointment sign this sign that for months... 2 weeks of testing that was just useless and i think they miss graded me on a few test and clamed i did poorly gave me all this false imforation they build meup with hype about how they goingto pay for at traing program for me just to tell me in the end that because of, funding cuts and my lack of pass higher eduction i would not be choseing for this program ... im a person with dissabitly ican, t say what it is !! i feel i was tosed aside because of it ..and not given a chance this vedsid program of new york ..is a great program if your fresh out of collage or have a great work history it can beniffet those persons ..but there just useing people like me ... they already have a mold in mind who to help !!
 24th of Jul, 2011 by   FMusic 0 Votes
Hello:

I am very happy to see (DISCOVER THIS PAGE ACTUALLY), all of these complaints about VESID Offices elsewhere in NY.
I have had a runnign battle with the Hauppauge office on Long Island for the last five full years!
I have been abused. lied to, lied about, treated like a criminal, like crap and all because I questioned the fact thta for the first three months of my "Case" my counselor did aboslutley NOTHING to help me get even an interview anywhere!

She knew that iuf I did not have work by October of that year (2006) I faced becoming homeless so guess what?

She did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and I in fact became homeless briefly.

In questioning these people i was yelled at by one incredibnel idiot:

"JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO QUESTION ANY OF US!?!?!?"

I am the individual with Juvenile Diabetes which teh state of NEw York (The single Most BACKWARD state in the country), verified and qualifys ans a client rightfully expected to be able to utilize and expect service from VEDIS to gain an education leading to wokr or assistance in finding work.

The Hauppauge office is a joke!

They lied about me on state letterhead and then the woman who began all fo this convenientyl "retired" to a chateau in Vermont which she used to speak so proudly of in her office!

Governor Cuomo- here is ONE very good way to save LOTS OF NEW YORK MONEY BEING MIS-SPENT: CLOSE ALL VESID offices and re-start the ENTIRE program of finding work and educational opportunities for those in NY with legitimate disabilities and let these people HAVE things they need to have basic lives!

The people in the VESID offices already in place are OBVIOULSY NOT in the best interests of any of us! My story has much more I could go on about the actual abuse I had to endure simply because I wound up alomost haveing to beg for help...then they tel me I am a criminal and I should have psychiatric eval's and I too wenty to endless numbers of "classes and testing" to determine what work I was bset suited for.

It turned out all along- I had a career path prior to going to this office; I had worked in my field for a number of years and yet; all they did was schedule class after class and test after test and then they had the gall to claim I never went to any of these. They wanted NO PART of helping anyone and only became dug-in against the complaints/issues I was raising in the office; It became ONLY a matter of them doing the CYA (Cover Your Ass) and absolutley NOThING to do with helpng me...I never got even ONE interview...I have so much more to tell someone about, but Nobody in NEw york State seems to give a shit either!

VESID is tons of our money being given to people who DO NO DESERVE a DIME!!!

Francis McEvoy
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   Bobby R +1 Votes
I was a client of VESID in 1999 and was subjected to a series of tests that they claimed would help find me a job that matched my abilities. What a sham? I had three ideas for career paths (three, in case the counselor did not like the first two). The counselor, of course, shot down all three ideas and insisted that I conform to his "one-size-fits-all" notion. He used my high verbal/numerical skills against me and implied that I was lazy because of my poor paid employment history. He ignored all of my volunteer history and made me feel like a zero. Because the experience was so negative, I never went back--13 years later. If I succeed, it will be in spite of this top-heavy, hassle-happy agency, not because of it.

How to Avoid Unwanted Immunization