logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Regional Passport Office, Chennai
Excess delay in the issuing of passport
2. (12 mins ago)
Olx
Remove my Number and Ad too
3. (49 mins ago)
PMC PRIME PROPERTIES
REAL ESTATE FRAUD
4. (51 mins ago)
MBI-ProBiller.com
Charged me monthly for something I don’t know.
5. (57 mins ago)

Verizon Wireless

Posted:    Dolores 620

Fraudulent Account

Verizon Wireless
On 11/16/09 I received a confirmation letter from Verizon Wireless confirming that I had opened a mobile account with them. I immediately called customer service as I had opened no such account. I was told that Verizon had closed the account on 11/11/09 due to fraud. Five (5) phone numbers were associated with the account and 5 blackberry storm phones had been ordered. The representative also told me that it had been opened using my name, address and social security number. For any additional information I would need to speak with their fraud department. Several phone calls later I have yet to speak with a frauds department representative as they are always "experiencing unusual call volume". I have been placed on hold on 6 different occassions only to be disconnected after 20 minutes! One one occassion I was able to leave a voice message and was assured someone would call back, but I've yet to hear from anyone. What makes matters worse is that I intend to file a police reeport and cannot get any information from Verizon on how this fraud was perputrated! Review of my credit report at all three credit agencies revealed no credit inquiries from Verizon. Are they just giving away phones to theives? This attitude just increases the liklihood that identity theft will occur. As I do have a Verizon landline, I have to wonder whether this fraud and identity theft was committed by Verizon employees. I'm canceling my landline, have reported them to the FTC and NYS Attorney General. How can we protect ourselves from identity theft and fraud when companies like Verizon Wireless won't assist the victims?
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2010 by   jbmcc 0 Votes
Even if you have an account with them it's no better:
Check your account, check your account daily!!! Someone hacked our daughter's Verizon wireless account while we were were out of town and had 2 phones sent to a foreclosed house 1, 000 miles away from our home/billing address, which added over $500 to her bill. She tried to get information over the phone, but got the runaround. We went to a Verizon Wireless store where they asked for her ID 3 times then told us they could not give her the address where 'her' phones were sent. Our son called a buddy at ATT Wireless, who just laughed and said they HAD to give us the address. (we had gone to ATT from Verizon Wireless months ago due to poor customer service, my daughter is waiting for her plan to run out). They made these fraudulant changes to her account over the phone, but initially refused to change back with her there in person. The phones were sent to 3536 218TH ST, MATTESON, IL 60443-2737 with an email address of elite930@gmail.com. Watch Out!
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   sunshinepeacelove 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen on my account in Dec. Same email address and same mailing address. I made a police report I will add this to my police report. It's identity theft and the person who did this to me had information ONLY Verizon would have, so it's an inside thing. I called Verizon and told them THEY better do something about it and I expect a call from thier fraude dept next week on who this perso is and how they are handeling it. It has been making me crazy because I am going through a divorice and I thought it was my ex spying on me, now I know it's much worse than that.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   bombshaker 0 Votes
I stole someones identity. yes i am guilty. I have since paid verizon, went to court, tried and convicted. I am so sorry for what I did. Problem. This is still on her credit report an I would like to know how can I help her get it off no matter what the cost . She is in credit history helllll. Please someone help

Batteries - Generic vs. Name Brand