Verizon

Posted:

Billing

Verizon
Pueblo, Colorado
Purchased a tablet at Verizon...told it would text...it did not...returned it 3 days later. Bought a phone...and new "Jetpack" wifi...wifi was defective according to their own tech department. Returned it to store. Got bill...was still being charged for service for tablet and wifi returned...called billing...was then charged an early termination fee for the tablet...disconnected my internet...and refused to return my phone calls. Called billing again...they agreed it was all jacked up...supervisor would call...still waiting.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I did not order this subscription and would like it taken off my bill. Please verify this request. Thank you. Sharon Marquez
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am fully capable of making my payment every month but you send it evey other month with a $5.00 late fee. If you would send me my bill you would get your money and I wouldn't have to keep paying late fee. l
Credit me my late fee and send me my bill on time or I will cancel. I don't need extra cost like this when not necessary.
Barbarb Welberg
 21st of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
i hope verizon gose out of buisness thoses bitches
 10th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was quoted MULTIPLE TIMES $69.95 for a bundle from Verizon which included my telephone with all amenities including caller id, long distance service at no added cost within the u.s. and canada, etc., plus Verizon DSL high speed internet. I had the salespeole confirm several times that the total would be $69.95 for all.
My bill is $100 MORE THAN THAT. Part of it is for the equipment, which I don't argue on this first statement, but the rest of the charges still add up to much more than I was quoted. At this point I am going to tell them to drop all services and I am not going to pay them.
 10th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just unbelievably sucked. I can not believe how bad this is again
 4th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
The customer service department is very friendly when it comes to providing package discounts and special offers. Twice now I have been offered deals only to find out that they are not correct on my monthly bill. I highly recommend that consumers get the detailed breakdown of their discounts in writing, before agreeing to a package. I won't get into the details, but there is a MAJOR disconnect between what the customer service reps quote and what is on your bill. I'm not talking about the additional Taxes, Fees & Other Charges - I am talking about the base price for their packages and promotions. Buyer beware. I am now stuck with a two year contract the costs me more and gives me less. Thanks to the friendly customer service reps for trying to help. I understand your frustration when you say you can see what needs to be adjusted but don't have any way within the system to do it.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
There is absolutely no "Customer Service" with Verizon. ZILCH.

There are eleven line item extra charges listed on every monthly Verizon statements besides the monthly contract fee.

See the following list of the eleven line items listed on a monthly Massachusetts Verizon Wireless Statement besides the contract fee:

1) Property tax recovery;
9) Usage Charges;
10) Voice;
11)Messaging.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Have you tried to go in person to a store to have the different additional charges explained?
(Not trying to sound condescending).
If you look at any cellular bill you will notice that they all have most of the same charges on them. They have a standard format for the bills and do not tailor them for one specific person.

I have Verizon (different state) and see the list you are talking about. I have also found on my bill where it explains the charges and on www.Verizonwirelss.com.

#9 is a parent (there for should not be listed) #10 and #11 are children (since you are listing these (further break down of parent))
 26th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Yes I was a verizon customer for many years. I finally got fed up with their service that I quit. Then the problem started saying I owed them $$ but I did not recognize the account number. My name my adress but not my account number. So I called my local office. I talked to 4 diffrent people and none of them could even find this account number that I was being billed for, not only that they were going to have me talk to a 5th person. I think I did enough on my part trying to resolve this issue.
Instead Verizon sent these charges to a collection agency. Who can I sue?? Thank you
 26th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
You need to work with your bank not Walmart to fix this problem
 7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Verizon is a bunch of crooks. We signed up for bundle phone/internet/Direct TV package in December 2010 and they completely screwed up our account. They switched our phone number, unbundled the package and over-billed us for months. I spent hours, literally hours, on the phone with customer service reps who were at first clueless, then acknowledged their mistake, claimed they would fix it (or that they had), and lo and behold each following bill was still wrong. After canceling our account, we were forced to pay an early termination fee with Direct TV although it was Verizon who had not delivered the service/package they had sold us. Now Verizon is sending us erroneous, fictional bills of final amount due when in fact THEY OWE US A CREDIT. They have assigned us 3 account numbers, trying to make it as complicated as possible for us to unravel the piles of bills and ensuring that their customer service reps can't figure out what's going on because very few can access all 3 accounts at one time. I am now onto my second round of calls with a clueless Verizon advocate person which I'm sure will end up being useless. I am entering a complaint with the Attorney General's Office. If they are doing this to a lot of their consumers, imagine how much money they are stealing from us!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Verizon fraudulently charged me for two months of service from someone's account and now is trying to blackmail me in to paying by posted adverse information at all credit bureaus.

Verizon Pennsylvania
500 Technology Drive, Suite 300
Weldon Spring, MO 63304
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Verizon fraudulently charged me for two months of service from someone else's account and now is trying to blackmail me in to paying by posted adverse information at all credit bureaus. What makes this worse is that my phone was pay as you go. Verizon shall not prevail.

Verizon Pennsylvania
500 Technology Drive, Suite 300
Weldon Spring, MO 63304
 14th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been with Verizon for 5 years. At first there were no major issue since I just had a land line but everything changed in the moment I decided to subscribe to one of their bundle deal in January. I was on the phone several hours until someone told me that there was a residual balance that was not paid. I had told the Call center agent that my account was actually showing a credit on my end but the agent re-assured me I have a credit balance. Yesterday in the morning my phone had lost functions such as caller ID and long distance so I called in to report the problem. I was told that there was a hold on the account due to an unpaid balance and after trying to rationalize with several agents I was transferred to Verizon Financial. I was told that my active account had a $50 credit but my "other" (didn't know I had one since I called in originally to bundle my service) the balance is $70 and if I paid over the phone they could remove the hold. I decided to call back later and pay the $20 without disputing why for the previous 6 months there was a separate account and why I wasn't told or my service suspended. I came home at night and now the internet is not working neither. So got back on the phone and after been redirected from the voice message for about 1 hr I finally got a message that told me all systems were down and to call back the day after. So I called today at 7am was passed around as usual and at around 9:30 (I know 2 and 1/2 hrs) I was told everything was ok and I just had to contact the internet dept. and ask them to reconnect. After being transferred to the wrong department 2 more times I finally speak to an agent who tells me NO payments are showing up on the account, so, exhausted I ask to speak to a supervisor. After an additional 20 minutes waiting for a manager I am told that in order to have my service re-activated I would have to pay a bill of $180 for service for yet another...you guessed it...account I didn't know about:) and was told that if I don't pay it in 30 days this can impact my credit:) My advice, google up the amount of complaints about this company and really think before subscribing to any of their service.
 13th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
THE BILLING DEPT. FINALLY HAD MY BILL STRAIGHT. THE LADY LAST MONTH GOT MY BILL DOWN TO $74.22 PER MONTH AND TODAY, THE NEW BILL IS $238.32. I CALLED VERIZON AND THE LADY SAID WE RECONNECTED A DISCONNECTED LINE AND STUCK IT TO YOUR BILL. WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION AND WITHOUT TELLING YOU BY PHONE OR BY E-MAIL. WE JUST DO THIS BEHIND YOUR BACK AND SAY F___ YOU! SO EVEN IF WE CREDIT YOU FOR THAT, THEN YOU STILL OWE 200.00 PER MONTH FOR YOU NEW CELL PHONE BILL. NOT $74.22 FOR THE ONE CELL PHONE BILL. THEY TRY TO FIND EXCUSES TO JUSTIFY THEIR BILLING. BUT TO REBILL FOR DISCONNECTED LINES IS OUT RAGEOUS AND THEN NOT EVEN CALL OR TELL YOU???? I TOLD HER SHE BEEN SMOKING WAY TO MUCH DOPE TO THINK ANYONE WOULD PAY THAT MUCH FOR A PLAN THAT IS UNLINITED TALK, UNLIMITED TXT AND 4 G INTERNET. ALSO, I DIALED THE DISCONNECTED NUMBER AND IT STILL HAS THE DISCONNECT VOICEMAIL ON IT.. IMAGINE THAT!!! SO TODAY I WILL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND VERIZON CAN HAVE FUN TRYING TO COLLECT THAT OUT OF ME. DO NOT DO ANY PHONE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL EVENTUALLY BE SORRY FOR IT. TRUST ME. I AM.
 11th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
Poor customer service
 23rd of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
several months ago i purchased a wireless
"jetpack" from verizon. it is a portable box for wireless internet. it was returned three days after i purchased it. the employee that sold it to me had lied about its features. i was told it was removed and i would not receive a bill. i then was harrassed by verizon. they were telling me i owed them money, for the jetpack and for the service. after several long phone calls and more harrassment by verizon, i was told this matter had been taken care of. i would no longer be called and the purchase was removed like it never happened. now, two months later, i am being harrassed again by verizon.
they are telling me again, i owe them money. when i explained to the person who called me this matter has been taken care of, she then informed me i was being recorded and she hung up on me. if there are ant attorneys reading this, i would like to start a lawsuit against verizon.
 14th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Like the last fella, I TOO was disappointed in the "JETPACK" and returned it within a week OVER 2 years ago. Verizon has KEPT billing me for "service" on an item I do NOT have ( Verizon acknowledges I NO LONGER have the Jetpack ) It is VERY obvious that I do NOT have or use that item..NO USE for two years would be a BIG clue Sherlock Holms...but Verizon "wants me to settle for 3 months worth of a refund ! Obviously 3 out of 26 is a BAD and shady deal to even OFFER ! I have been abused and insulted by the manager in the Marina del rey /Culver city store...He gruffly denied that I am handicapped. My diagnosis of A.D.D. is from UCLA...and this "manager" who speaks badly and insultingly to a Viet VET of 72 is some kind of an expert...wiser, better and infinitly qualified to JUDGE / INSULT me and deride my dignity?? Think NOT ! sad "manager" threated to call the cops on me and threw me out of the store ! I FOUND that my local COSTCO has full Verizon phone service, supplies and can put me in a plan get a phone and program it and give it to me before the "Verizon store" minions are through entering/questioning and harassing me in their "only Verizon" store. GO TO COSTCO at a LOT less than the "Verizon Store"...all with NO insult, no DELAYS, no excuses and No red tape.
I will take small claims court action soon...Verizon is NOT getting away with.

JIM DeLarme SAC / USAF VET.

GO with COSTCO...see the service and the BIG difference in PRICE...while treated as a HUMAN and not a "digit".
 24th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am sending in this complaint on the behalf of my Dad, Mr. Hinds, His wife was the person on the Verizon wireless and cell phone bill, after she passed, someone had given Verizon my dad's name so the bill started coming in for him. I told them that my dad doesn't use a cell phone nor does he have the phones in his possession. After his wife passed, her two children took a number of things including their mom's cell phones. Verizon didn't want to talk to me, only my dad. My dad has dementia, therefore I am his POA, and Verizon continues to hire collection agency's to harass him on a daily basis, therefore I will be seeking legal representation.

Verizon Logo Verizon