logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club
Misleading and lies - i know because i worked there
2. (1 mins ago)
Getting Out

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

VCA Antech Inc., Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - outrageous fees/poor care

VCA Antech Inc. Contacts & Informations

12401 West Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, California
Phone: 1-800-966-1822
vcapets.com
VCA is a monopoly in the emergency care of pets in off hours. They run a 24 hour care center with inexperienced staff at crucial hours when regular vets are closed.
Their fees are outrageous depending on the state you live. They started in CA and have bought out practices and ER's for cash. A c section runs about $3600.00 as quoted in CT.
They are NOT a true ER as they always have to call a "surgeon" for surgery as the vet on staff is too inexperienced for surgeries. They pad the bill as though the pet was human, loose many lives and also put down pets as their fees are too high for the average person.
They have refused service to people without cash or a check. They will sometimes insist on spaying an animal after a c section.
There are no regulations as to fees charged and they have ripped off MANY people. They are the only game in most towns, they take advantage of everyone.
Comments United States Animal/Pet Hospitals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2011 by   tootsweet 0 Votes
I just had a very strange run in with the Irvine office. I called to verify that a specimen was delivered to their lab. I spoke with a supervisor after being denied the information. I informed her that I was not with a vet clinic and was the pet owner. I also informed her that I was not able to get a straight answer about the test results from the vet's office and that I just wanted to verify that they had infact received the specimen, not the results or other status. the supervisor followede up immediately and left a voice mail with the information that I requested. this is where it gets crazy! I called back and received ringing tone and music for more than 3-5 minutes 3 times. When smomeone finally picked up the phone, without me saying a word, the person said, "Stop calling here! there's nothing else that we can do for you or tell you!" I tried to state that she has no idea who I am or why I called. She yelled, "Yes I do! I can see your phone number on caller ID!" I said that I'd like to speak with her supervisor and she said, "She's not here!" and then hung up. I tried calling back, and after three tries of receiving music and no pick up, someone finally answered. I tried to explain the rude behavior to them and told them that this was unacceptable behavior. I was yelled at and hung up on for no apparent reason. I was just calling to thank the supervisor, and demanded an apology. the person on the other end was obviously the same person who yelled at me before. She tried to say again that I had been calling repeatedly. I told her that I had only called and spoken with someone only once and any other calls had been hold music and I hung up because no one ever picked up the phone. she continued her rudeness, and I told her that i would call the BBB and the National VCA office. I called the CEO, left him a short voice mail on the issue and informed him that I wanted immediate attention to this matter and that I would contact the State of California, the BBB and online blogs to inform others of my treatment.

5 Easy Ways to Save $1,000