logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)

Posted:    Matthew

Terrible experience

Vauxhall
vauxhall.com
I purchased a brand new Corsa SXi 1.4 from Sherwoods, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland on 1/12/07. It is the worst car I have ever had re performance and design but I expected it to at least be reliable.

To date is has broken down completely on 3 separate occasions and the AA have been called for assistance. The second occasion it broke down in December 08 was 2 days after a 2 day full service. At that time they kept it for approximately 1 week - I was given a courtesy car on that occasion. The third occasion was on 19 January 2009, a few weeks after the previous occasion, it broke down completely yet again. The car was towed by the AA to the Vauxhall garage in Northallerton and from there it was taken to Sherwoods at Darlington - I live in Yarm.

The following day I was told Sherwoods at Stockton on Tees had no courtesy cars. They couldn't repair the fault so I lost a days wages. Later that day they said I could have a rented car from Enterprise but I had to wait for someone to return a car later that day. I was asked to pay a £50 deposit which I would be returned when I returned the car. Then they advised me to pay £10 per day as an insurance against stratches etc to the car as if they found any damage I could end up paying a substantial amount so I felt I had no alternative but to agree to pay this. I was then informed they'd made a mistake and I only had to pay £5 a day.

It is now 22 February and my car has still not been returned to me. In the meantime, Sherwoods advised me to stop paying the £5 per day to the car rental company and owing to the length of time I've had the car, I stopped paying this amount as it was getting to expensive.

I have sent a complaint to Sherwoods at both Stockton and Darlington branch plus the Head Office of Vauxhall. I did eventually receive an acknowledgement of my complaint from Sherwoods at Darlington and a phone message from someone at Sherwoods at Darlington asking me to ring him and that they would try and resolve the matter. I rang the person concerned on 3 occasions but he hasn't had the courtesy to return my call re the complaint. My main grievance is that the car is totally unreliable and I've lost confidence in it altogether. I feel that I shouldn't have to incur expenses for an alternative vehicle when my own car has problems due to no fault of my own (up to now I've paid over £90 to Enterprise for the rented car which they debited direct from my credit card). It was only when I received my credit card bill that I noticed the amount which Enterprise had debited. It does mention in the small print on the agreement that they will do this, so advice to other people renting a car from Enterprise - read the small print.

The car was purchased at Sherwoods in Stockton and no one from the company has acknowledged my complaint. I feel the service is appalling. I am paying over £200 a month for my own car which has been off the road now for nearly 5 weeks and a full week prior to that. I feel that I certainly shouldn't have to pay anything for an alternative vehicle when the car is faulty.

After this experience I certainly wouldn't have another vehicle from Vauxhall and wouldn't advise anyone to purchase a Corsa SXi 1.4.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2010 by   simon flavell 0 Votes
I own a astra 1.4 sxi it is nearly 5 years old and as done 38000 miles.The cam shaft as just broken in the middle causing over a £1000 of damage to my engine.No one wants anything to do with it at head office saying it is to old but i think they should help me out in some way only these things should not happen.It has had all the services from brand new.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   fluffi 0 Votes
vauxhall are a joke.i bought a 2010 corsa 1.4 sxi and had nothing but problems with it!! handbrake recall twice, gear shift light not working.both sets of wipers had new motor fitted, grinding brakes, headlight blew and on changing it scratched it so needed to be replaced!! the car was making a popping sound when started mostly in the mornings and then 2 days before christmas engine management light came on had to be recovered by AA as it completely stopped!!! had no courtesy cars so had to pay £50 to enterprise had a coil changed and picked the car up new year.then 3 days later exactly the same problem occured again and then had to go bk to vauxhall and the spiral flaps had to be changed in the top end of the manifold!! on completion of the work went to get my car and the wheels had been scratched and all under my valance!!! not impressed with vauxhall at all, they have had the money for the car already and i dont feel im being treated very well at all!!!
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   jolark 0 Votes
don't bother ringing customer care, the call centre is across the other side of the world and i have been waiting 3 weeks for a response for my complaint! waste of time and money!
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   wael sharafeddine 0 Votes
i bought a new car from vauxhull staples corner london nw2 1ly.car registration no.LM59YDN on 27 feb.i had an accident all the front is dameged and the AIR BAG did not open WHY WHY my car now is with the insurance for repaire. my email.. wael_mbp@hotmail.co.uk
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   wael sharafeddine 0 Votes
i bought a new car from vauxhall staples corner london nw2 1ly. car registration no. LM59YDN . on 27 feb. i had an accident and all the front is dameged the AIR BAG did not open WHY WHY. my car now is with the insurance for repaire. thank you please reply
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   alex mclatchie 0 Votes
i was meant to get a 57 corsa design from peter vardy motherwell scotland they told me i would get it between seven and ten days i waited two weeks when the first time she told me to come and view the car and pick it up an hour before i went she cancelled saying the last owner still hadent handed in her v5.so two days later i went for the car the alloys were all scratches so was the bodywork there was even a scrach covered up with a paint brush but because i was so fed up with all the hassle i was going 2 take the car and get it fixed at a later date.but then they ask me for a letter of my settlement figure she dident even tell me to bring that i mean when im going to pick up a car i expect them to tell me what to bring.i was that fed up with it all i walked rite out the showroom in disgust i even forgot to ask for my twenty pound deposit and they dident even have the decency to send it back to me.at the end of the day its so unproffesional and theres no communication il never be back in that garage...thanks alex mclatchie
 25th of May, 2011 by   Derek Hawgood 0 Votes
I have a 2007 Vauxhall Corsa Life with 34, 500 miles on the clock it needs a new engine and wiring lomb.
Vauxhall Customer care Don't Care and nether doe's the MD Mr Duncan Aldred
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   ironpen 0 Votes
I had my Astra TDi in for a cambelt and service at WILSONS in Epsom and have had the worst experience ever by theses rip off artists. Soon after the service the car had an electrical failure on the motorway and broke down, in it went and they charged me for a diagnostic that showed LV error codes but they couldn't fix the problem. Got the car back with a loud rattle so in it went again, they charged me for other unrelated parts and upon picking up the car said the rattle was not as bad! Took it to an independent mechanic and found the AC pulley was faulty. Mysterious how all these problems occur after they have my car in each time, will never go back and refuse to give them any more money to fix jobs they screw up, AVOID at all costs!!!
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   Alex Whitmey 0 Votes
My partner purchased a brand new Vauxhall Astra Twin Top in 2006 she has done 27, 000 miles to date, and her car is in excellent condition. Yesterday she went shopping and when she got home she was unable to open the boot, we took the car to Sittingbourne Vauxhall main dealer who contacted us to say that they had got the boot open and the repair would cost around £260, I asked what was the cause of the boot jamming and incredibly I was told that it was wear and tear on the electrical wiring caused by opening and shutting the boot. I have owned cars for over 30 years and I found this statement so rediculous that I contacted Vauxhalll head office hoping for support, however they stated that owing to the age of the car it was not down to them either, the customer service agent also asked whether the car had been regularly serviced by Vauxhall, I informed him that it had a full service history but not entirely by Vauxhall, he intimated that this may also be a cause, I have looked at previous services done by Vauxhall and nowhere does it mention that they will inspect the wiring to the doors that open on the vehicle during a service. It would appear that if you own a Vauxhall you should refrain from opening and closing the doors etc.

Well we have decided to sell our Vauxhalll and have just been to Dagenham Motors Gillinghamm to part exchange the Astra and we have been told that we can open the doors on a Ford motor vehicle as often as we like.Vauxhall will never see our money again.
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   Mr and mrs Allen 0 Votes
looks like leaking roof problems and broken boots are aproblem with twin tops we have been told that even the rubber seals should be lubricated every year our roof seals have been changed that often we would have had a chance if it was true. never heard such crap
 30th of Apr, 2013 by   Kevin Byford 0 Votes
Corsa 1.2SXi on its FORTH coil pack in 3 years and 22000 miles. Last one went 10 days after warranty expired and 14 days after its 3 year service (at a Vauxhall dealer). Vauxhall now want over £200 just to look at it! The AA have already replaced the Coil pack (£230). Vauxhall Customer service just blurt out the usual out or warranty excuse...
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   Raymont 0 Votes
I purchase a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 exclusive on 07/04/2009 from W.J.King Group, it has 5000 miles and under guaranty. The car it been service by Vauxhall NOW in Staple Corner in London. On 08/06/2010 ( 11666 miles) the air con stop working. Charge to check and recharge gas £69.00. On 02/07/2010, ( 11752 miles) again the Air Con, stop working. this time was the condenser. After a big argument, the condenser was change under guaranty.
On the 12/06/2013 (25759 miles) again the Air con, stop working, NOW keep the car to see the the problem. The Condenser gone again, charge for looking the problem £120.00. To change the condenser £320.00. This half of the price, after a big argument Vauxhall is going to pay the other half of the cost. Please could somebody comment on this. Ray.
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   hardwin mpofu 0 Votes
5months ago I bought an INSIGNIA 2L DISEL from Vauxhall, as they would not take it back 1 week after I had it and first complained about the service and problems with the handling I am still trying to find a way to return or get a replacement. after today it has now become a police matter as I refused to leave the garage as they had failed to repair and identify the problems WHICH AA an independent check raised costing me £200 as I could not clearly trust their so cold health check. thank god I did as it came to light the car was fucked.
I need help as I feel now this car will cost and is costing me far more than its worth and Vauxhall refuse to put it right.returned the car in 1week after contract and informed credit company, had AA check car as proof of my worry, after new tyres fitted same problems with handing and wear on brakes has persisted and now police involved because I am too angry to not shout or refuse to leave site without replacement car to keep.
Vauxhall claim to do repair work but AA report show otherwise as handling issue came up again and again then and has come up now after a different dealership tested, found similar issue plus radiator leaky. if you ask for proof of work done its oh sorry we don't do that or you get pointless notes or after a long wait something turns up, you drive of then the problem is back. Three different Dealerships and same rude and ignorant attitude.

how do you prove there is a problem if they can print paper work saying there is nothing wrong and yet AA say handling and pull to one side is bad plus it will not self correct after turn???? 2011 plate so if warrantee is still active till may why are they being do rude and lazy.
AS ADVISED OVER THE PAST 5MONTHS ON SAME PROBLEMS PLEASE READ

The seller must ensure that the car is exactly as described. Therefore if it has air con, CD player etc, then these features must not only exist, but they must also work; if it is in excellent condition, it should be relatively free from marks, scratches, dents and rust; if certain parts have been replaced, they must not then break down after a short time and so on. The description of the car also includes make, model and accurate mileage

Thirdly (and this is where your rights differ), if you have bought the car from a dealer, the car must be of satisfactory quality. Satisfactory quality is defined as what a ‘reasonable person’ would regard as acceptable, taking into account factors such as price paid, fitness for purpose specified, appearance and finish, safety and durability. If it becomes apparent that the car was not of the quality you were led to expect, you are quite within your rights to go back to the dealer, even after some weeks or even months of use. If it was the case that you were invited to carry out a thorough inspection of the car before purchase, and then you go back to complain about something which that inspection should have revealed, you will have no legal rights in that regard.
If there is a problem

These are your statutory consumer rights. If any of them are breached you are within your rights to go back to the seller, who will then be legally required to remedy the situation in a number of different ways, depending on your situation and the nature of the complaint. The law requires you to act reasonably too, so if the problem is minor and can be repaired easily, within reasonable time, at no additional cost to you and without causing any significant inconvenience, then the dealer can insist on a repair as a first option. But remember that this will not stop you from taking it back if the repair is unsatisfactory or there is something else wrong with the car.

If the car cannot be repaired, if the repair is unsatisfactory, or takes an unreasonable length of time, your next option would be to have it replaced. If this is undesirable or impossible, then you can request a refund, although if some time has passed, you should be aware that any the refund given may well take account of any use you have had of the car since you took possession of it.

In situations where you would like to keep the car and undertake to carry out the repairs yourself, you have another option, which is to request a discount on the price paid.

Read more: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/buying-a-car/#ixzz2oKnVI77v
Follow us: @whatconsumer on Twitter | whatconsumer on Facebook
23/12/2013 CAR BOOKED IN BY YOU AND RUSS

I left the car after 10am as Russ did not have a clue what the car was in for and what work needed doing so I had to debrief him again. I showed his the AA report and told him Matt the manager who agreed to have this work done was aware. he did not believe me even though he was there with you when he took over after you told him you are off. finally I left well after 10am due to him not being prepared. I told him what was agreed and that Matt would have the car test driven and he would see me at collection 4pm same day with report. this did not happen.
Russ rang at 2pm saying all jobs done (brakes only was what he said). so again all I told him in the morning meant nothing and what the car was booked in for too was not done,
----test drive for handling issue and pull to the left at take off and stop
----second health check mainly focused on test drive and the heavy wear issue
----testing the self correcting concerns
----RECALL BY VAUXHALL ??? not done!!!
----confirm that noise from turning left and right at test is normal
----check wheel if heat or any damage causing the sticking and heavy wear
Russ rang at 2:02pm claiming all jobs done, after I pointed that Matt, Aleris and himself new what needed doing and that all jobs would be printed out for me under the freedom of information request due to past difficulties with Vauxhall 6months ago he agreed to do this as standard. HE then told me he would again check with matt and would call back after. 3:30pm I rang back as the car was due for collection at 4pm and all staff did was divert my call back and forth to workshop who also did not have a clue and said would call back, but hung up be for I told them my name, number or car REG. ???? how would they call back???????????
So I took my son and went in with the hope all was done, phone rang as I was driving and as soon as I parked up, I rang back and to Russ he found himself shocked that I was actually in the building calling him. he then told me to leave the car as radiator was not done. why tell me now when you knew from Friday what needed doing and how long it would take to do the work.
Russ got fed up of me calling him out on his failure to pay attention to detail as he so put it, 'I want to be very detailed in what your asking to have done so let me take note'. I told he that he was a hypocrite to brag of how well he wanted to please the customer and yet all day he had not clue as to what we all knew needed doing and he failed to get it done. he got up looked at me and said, 'I do not have to talk to THIS' so I went up to him in full view of camera and asked him what he meant by talk to THIS?????!!!
All recorded for the world to see and hear him say...
I walked away as he said he was wrong and meant to say, 'I do not want to deal with this problem'
Dan took over and he tried to argue that he had no info to say what was meant to be done on car. after going through all our discussions he finally realised that they had got it wrong and he asked me if I could return for car. I then rang work to cancel my 12hours shift as I have to now be home for car as the wife working nights and has to sleep so she cant drive. I then asked that I get a better car as I had made plans for a journey to work and more. Dan left the site without saying a word just like Russ did and I was left sat there waiting to be arrested...
Finally a like for like car was found but Dan took off after telling me this and insisting I take a Corsa instead. now stuck I refused and asked for a similar car and clearly stated that I did not want to be on the site and would only leave in an insignia as that is what I am paying for. I spent 3hours there and finally my wife turned up after the POLICE had been called in because I was a big black angry dread locked man lol yeah my son had to endure all this as your team then claimed I made life threats towards them all. The police however said I was in no position to be arrested as they only had the word or people who had left or refused to press charges???
But police stayed encase I did leave my son and go kill some innocent employee who did not know what Russ had done to totally fuck up the whole plan. Even if he had been around what would be the benefit of that knowing full well I have his words on record saying all he was there for was to resolve what Weston failed to and he would never treat a customer like this...see why I called him a hypocrite?

7pm I left Drive and started long journey home without my car but a possible police caution??? I told you they would make random print outs and no work will be done, the brake may not even be brand new, as for the other jobs that Matt asked Russ to see to it that it was done by 4pm well they just aren't done!!!
Why call me so many times and not read the notes he copied and wrote down?
Why ask me to come collect the car when yet its not done???
Why walk out and involve the police in front of my son as though I am some serious threat, I was out numbered with over 10 men in the site I mean come on...lol I am black not the HULK with PMS lol

Yeah I counted and noted as most of them stood looking at me venting my anger and dissatisfaction verbally but not being abusive just loud.
My credit company spoke with Dan (BRISTOL NORTH) and told him if issues did not get resolved they would have to get involved and as these are the same issues in under 5months again they re-opened the matter as unresolved so back to square one. this car has and underlying problem and all I had asked for was that it be identified and resolved if possible.
AS ADVISED OVER THE PAST 5MONTHS ON SAME PROBLEMS PLEASE READ

If there is a problem

Read more: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/buying-a-car/#ixzz2oKnVI77v
Follow us: @whatconsumer on Twitter | whatconsumer on Facebook
23/12/2013 CAR BOOKED IN BY YOU AND RUSS

----test drive for handling issue and pull to the left at take off and stop

----second health check mainly focused on test drive and the heavy wear issue

----testing the self correcting concerns

----RECALL BY VAUXHALL ??? not done!!!

----confirm that noise from turning left and right at test is normal

----check wheel if heat or any damage causing the sticking and heavy wear

so I took my son and went in with the hope all was done, phone rang as I was driving and as soon as I parked up, I rang back and to Russ he found himself shocked that I was actually in the building calling him. he then told me to leave the car as radiator was not done. why tell me now when you knew from Friday what needed doing and how long it would take to do the work.

all recorded for the world to see and hear him say...

finally a like for like car was found but Dan took off after telling me this and insisting I take a Corsa instead. now stuck I refused and asked for a similar car and clearly stated that I did not want to be on the site and would only leave in an insignia as that is what I am paying for. I spent 3hours there and finally my wife turned up after the POLICE had been called in because I was a big black angry dread locked man lol yeah my son had to endure all this as your team then claimed I made life threats towards them all. the police however said I was in no position to be arrested as they only had the word or people who had left or refused to press charges???

but police stayed encase I did leave my son and go kill some innocent employee who did not know what Russ had done to totally fuck up the whole plan. Even if he had been around what would be the benefit of that knowing full well I have his words on record saying all he was there for was to resolve what Weston failed to and he would never treat a customer like this...see why I called him a hypocrite?

why call me so many times and not read the notes he copied and wrote down?

why ask me to come collect the car when yet its not done???

yeah I counted and noted as most of them stood looking at me venting my anger and dissatisfaction verbally but not being abusive just loud.

My credit company spoke with Dan and told him if issues did not get resolved they would have to get involved and as these are the same issues in under 6months again they re-opened the matter as unresolved so back to square one. this car has and underlying problem and all I had asked for was that it be identified and resolved if possible.

IRS Warns Of E Mail Phishing Scheme