logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
charityadvantage.com
They didn’t provide any free services, but they promised
2. (2 mins ago)
Californiapetpharmacy.com
Late delivery, fault order and no refund
3. (5 mins ago)
charityadvantage.com
Lost what I paid for and got no refund
4. (6 mins ago)

Van Ru Credit Corporation Complaints & Reviews - They hit my checking account

Van Ru Credit Corporation Contacts & Informations

Van Ru Credit Corporation

Posted:    Valerie

They hit my checking account

Van Ru Credit Corporation
www.vanru.com
I have tried to work with this company. The first time they called the person was very rude and unprofessional. They demanded payment or they would garnish my payroll check.

I started on a program that I felt was going to help me clear this debit only to be laid off from work.

I had given them permission to withdraw $50 from my checking account. I was under the impression it was to be a one time deal, only to have them hit it again the following month. I called and told them not to withdraw anymore, but the following month it happens again. I called asking why they were doing this. The guy laughed and said that the check had been returned. Well no ****! The account has been idle for several months with a negative balance while I tried to get it back into the positive.

This company uses scare tactics to get people to pay. So I am getting a lawyer!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008 by   Missy 0 Votes
Van Ru credit corp. has the out most rude, nasty attitude, disrespectful people working for them. They really need to get rid of them and hire people that like working this kind of job. I understand they have a tough job, but if they are not happy there they need to get out. I have tried numerous times to work with them and did nothing but ask me personal questions that was none of their buisines. They Yelled at me and hung up on me. There for I stoped having them take money out of my checking account because I called them to get a balance and they were very very mean to me.So now they will get their money when
I feel like giving it to them if ever. I pray that who ever is in charge of these animals do some house cleaning and fire them. Then they might think twice how they trat other human beings, because that is exactly what we are.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   S Beasley 0 Votes
NEVER EVER give any info to these people. Don't agree with or to anything. They record calls. NEVER NEVER give a credit card or bank card or account number, and NEVER send a check. You should only pay with a U.S. Postal money order, sent certified mail return receipt. And make a copy of the money order after you fill it out. Save everything. And buy a recorder {Walmart, Best Buy, starting at $30 and a suction cup pickup {Radio Shack $4} and record the conversation. In Texas, if you are part of the conversation, you can record that conversation. Want to read a "good" book on this subject.
BACK OFF! By Benjamin Dover {Ben Dover} It has a wealth of info on dealing with collections, including forms.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   DS +1 Votes
OH MY GOD! Van Ru Credit is awful! I've been fighting with them
because the Dept of Education sent my account to them and I've tried to talk with them and all they do is threaten me.
I called the Dept of Education and asked them to work with me and they were just as rude and said they would'nt, that I had to deal with Van Ru. I told them why I cannot work anything out with them, Ian, the guy at Dept of Ed just laughed at me.

I've sent them my copy of disability, disability payment etc, and they never acknowledged it. I put my SS number on it and sent it certified, no acknowledgement. The Dept of Ed guy, "Ian" said there isn't any notations on my account from VAN RU stating they received anything either. So, he accused me of lying.

But, he said finally if I feel wronged by Van Ru in regards to the Student Loan only, I can write to: Default Resolution Group Correspondence, PO Box 5609 Greenville, TX 75403-5609.

So, for those who are dealing with VAN RU CREDIT for their student loan, and are not getting anywhere, or being mistreated by them, send your complaint to them. I am. If we all send complaints to them regarding VAN RU, maybe the Dept of Ed will remove them as one of their Bill Collectors.

SWEET! They are too unprofessional and mean to get anything resolved. This really is a reflection of our Government and their attitude toward the average person just trying to make a living or the disabled.

Lets stand together and write!
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   cc87 +1 Votes
I strongly agree becuase I use to work for those terrible, unprofessional, rude assholes for almost a year. I was one of the nice respectful honest employees that they did have who actually followed all the rules, and i know how these ppl are. they will run payments that is unauthorized, just so they check can be a good one. They are so scandolous i had to quit.!! and now the tempe, az office is no longer open becuase of there mess!! Im glad I quit.
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   lequanking 0 Votes
I've been dealing with VANRU for almost two years now. First they took my income tax last year, then withdrew 385 dollars out my checking account and took my stimulus. they also started garnishing my wages and tpld me there was nothing I could do. This year, they took my income taxes again and still garnishing my wages but to find that they said my income taxes has not posted on my account when they took it feb. 06. 2009 and today is april 8, 2009. they recently just garnished my check for $118 and I don't even owe them anymore. THIS IS A BAD TIME TO BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE VANRU
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   Kemi +1 Votes
Van Ru coop employees are the most rude, unsympathetic animals on this planet. I have been trying to work with them regarding my student loan untill I lost my job. I was making regular payment . After I lost my job I called them and told them to give me some time . The guy I talked to was very rude he stated " I have to pay for child support so you better come up with some money" I am going to write a complaint about them to dept of education . Van Ru employees call every day, day and night with all kinds of threats.
The govt need to stop using this company if it cares about his citizen.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   hpo +2 Votes
they threaten people and worse yet, they send letters on fake government letterhead impersonating the government and the US Department of Education. They are a provate company and that is FRAUD on their part.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by   DCF +2 Votes
I have been dealing with VanRu on my private student loan for about 6 months now. I am past due on my student loan and I acknowledge that. I was downsized last June and have done any number of temporary jobs since then at about a third of what I was making. I am now employed in a sales position that is strictly commission. I don't get a paycheck every week. VanRu employess have called be everything from a deadbeat to stupid. I want this resolved worse than they do, but I am still playing catch up. I have been told to sell my car to bring them current. I have had 7 calls from them in one day on my caller ID. They call my mother on a daily basis at home and at work and they will not stop. I lost it yesterday with them and used the F word. Not proud of myself, but I have reached the breaking point. I am once again sending the a letter, return receipt...and am filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office and the Better Business Bureau. These people have my mother so upset she is ill. Harrass me all you want to but DO NOT make my mother cry. DCF-Omaha
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   fisty +1 Votes
Everyone should band together. hire an attorney and stop the harassing phone calls and threats. YOU know they lie, will not send documetation, have many different addresses and phone #'s why is everyone just tolerating this madness. When these people dial my # again they won't like it. When they call i will be recording the conversation also and if one wrong thing is said by an employee of that company i will contact a lawyer right away. YOU TO HAVE RIGHTS. These people hide behide the phone with their lip flapping and arrogantas hell.
 1st of May, 2009 by   della2 +1 Votes
Call the US Department of Education, Default Resolution Division, and ask to file a COMPLAINT against Van Ru. The US DOE told me that people have been filing these lately and if enough people file complaints, Van Ru will be dropped from the Deaprtment of Education's roster and will not longer be able to harass and threaten families and individuals, and do the many illegal things they now do.

Do it today!

Your number is up, Van Ru.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   R. POole +1 Votes
Fuck me 9169.99 times cause thats how much I owe those bastards. I literally just found out two minutes ago and decided to google them. I am so glad we are aware and able to inform "regular" society about whats going on with this company. Now I'm ready to call their asses!!! I'm pissed off already!!! I want them to give me some shit about my damn loan, umma cuss they ass out just for rejuvenation!!! LOve yall, keep fighting they ass, I just started!!! Im on the way!!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   rty +1 Votes
Try owing them 55k in collection fees on a 100k loan. That's what they want to get me for. It should be unconstitutional.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   rty +1 Votes
Definitely write to the Department of Education, Default resolution Department, everyone, please! This company is the shiftiest company I have ever seen. Don't let them get away with this.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   sinnomore 0 Votes
They called me just out of the blue, I haven't received any type letter from Dept. of Education about my student loan in 3 or more years. I thought it was settled in the Bankruptcy, wrong. This guy calls me and wants me to send money, set up a payback plan, i'm not against it but he can't provide me with any information about the company or the account. This seems like a scam, i'm not giving him one dime until he provides me with verification of where and whom these monies will be going to. He calls everyday now, and said that he faxed me info. that i still have not received. I want to contact the dept. of education about this. Is this a good idea, i would much rather handle this with them rather than go thru van ru, they don't seem to be legit.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   00235bh 0 Votes
it sounds like to me all of u complaning people on here havent listen to the reps all they are doing is there jobs and they dont take taxes the dept of ed does they dont take stimulus the dept of ed does they dont garnsh wages the dept of ed does all they do is there jobs that is to administor the payments and successfully get u out of default they have been contracted with the dept of ed for many years and they must be doing something right because they always are complimented for there great works and efforts
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   heatherdc1980 0 Votes
I just got a call from "Ivan Stephens" at Van Ru Credit Corporation. He said that my sister had listed me as a reference on an application and asked did I find her "reliable and trustworthy." I said yes. He then immediately starting asking questions about her occupation, etc. I said, "Wait a minute. My sister applied for a job and listed me as a reference?" He said, "Yes." I quickly googled "Van ru, " while I had him on the phone, and said, "Sir, you are a liar. Van Ru is a collection agency." He said, "Well, we have many departments, I am just doing a reference check."

I'm not sure what my sister owes, but why is he allowed to call me and blatantly lie?

He called from the number 202-683-9135.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   collector199009 0 Votes
I work for Van Ru Credit Corporation. We represent the United States Department of Education when we call about your ED account. We are trained to enforce the rules of the US Dept of Ed. We do NOT steal anyones money and if anyone was caught doing that, they would be immediately terminated. Every call where contact is made with a debtor is recorded and monitored by a trained and highly investigated supervisor. Any violation in FDCPA faces severe penalties by the company and often times affects the Collection Specialists pay, 2nd offense is termination. If you can only pay 50 dollars on your 30k dollar student loan, that is not a qualifying payment and the rep should transfer you to the Income Contingent Repayment Program. We understand the economy is tough, and if you are HONEST with your rep, they can help you. I work with 70 other people and all of us have been at a low in our life where we almost lived with nothing, so we know where you are coming from. We are doing our job, there is a lot of pressure too. If we don't hit quotas - WE get terminated and then we are the ones without jobs. Don't complain, a lot of people think collection agencies are horrible.. the next time one of our reps calls you and you get on the line with them don't yell, dont get upset, tell them whats going on and I guarantee they will be 100 percent amazingly nice to you.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   Ann12 0 Votes
Collection agencies are horrible, but undoubtedly Van Ru is the worst. They have more consumer complaints against them than any other agency. They most certainly do not follow the rules as I have had too many experiences with them to attest to the fact that they play games with employers, co-workers and others and use illegal tactics as well.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   Ann12 0 Votes
You are a COLLECTION agency for the government. I have family members in government agencies and I can tell you, Van Ru employee, you most certainly do not represent the government. Huge difference.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Madbeyondbelief 0 Votes
There was a message on my answering machine when I came home from work today from Van Ru...stating they were a debt collector and were attempting to collect a debt. I immediately called them back because I had no idea what this was in regards to. Turns out, they said it was from 1997 (and this is 2011) and the beginning balance was $20.11...and now I owe $50.85. What?? They could give me no information about the company that owned the debt they were trying to collect and could provide me with no phone number so I could investigate more. They did give me their corporate office phone number (800-468-2678 in case anyone needs it) and you better believe they will be hearing from me when they open in the morning!! To top it off, I do agree on the rude and unprofessional manner they spoke to me on the phone.

Quick Tips for Saving Time & Money